crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good Morning! Working on a hat today! I started it last night and hope to finish it today. It's supposed to be for DH, but something tells me it might end up being for me! :think:lol (ie: too small, AGAIN!) This is a pumpkin hat pattern that I saw and he said that he would like one so I thought I'd surprise him since he's been having to do so much around here for me lately. Have a fabulous day everyone! :hug

Ann: those bags are so cute!!

It's been raining almost constantly since Thursday night and windy as all get out! Not predicting it's going to stop for at least another 24 hours.

:turtle:vheart

Thanks! Hope your rain stops soon! :hug

Ann, The Halloween bags are really cute!!!:jack:ghost:skeleton

Sue- Sorry to hear you are getting so much rain!!! But can I say how happy I am that we are having IDEAL weather up here in Boston? DH said it's gorgeous in NJ too. It is just perfect!!!

Jana- Hope it was nothing major that went 'boom' on the roof last night!

Had another great day here in Beantown!!

I finished DD's RR!!!:clap I took a picture since I'm leaving it here and will post when I get home since I didn't bring the camera cord with me. She :manyheart it!!! I'm making her a scarf now to go with her new winter coat!

Thank you! Glad you're having a nice time in Beantown! Woot for finishing the RR!!!! :birthday Hope you have a fantastic day! Enjoy the Bruins game!

Good evening all!

We went to the football game today, not all the team showed up (only had 9) but they can play with 9. It's so disappointing for the boys. We did have some 7 year olds that play on the 8 year old team come and help, so at least we had 11 players on the field. They didn't win (they haven't won a game all season). But there are several of the boys that don't show for practice but come to the games and then they don't know what to do. It's really frustrating. The head coach (of the entire organization) is now aware of what's going on, and he's going to come and help out.

IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!! It started yesterday about 3 pm and hasn't stopped. The boys played in the rain and we all had our rain gear on. It's so great to have rain. And Texas is also getting rain!!! It's not enough but at least the wild fire danger should go down

some.

I got some crocheting time in going to the game today, and I'm getting ready to do some more. Hopefully I'll have the shawl done this week.

Have a great evening all!

Glad you got some rain! That's really frustrating about the boys and football. Hope the coach can work something out. It isn't right that the boys that don't go to practice should be able to play, but if you need them for the game, what are you going to do? WTG on the shawl! You'll get it done in no time!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!!

Another gorgeous day on tap here in Beantown!!! Can't wait to get to the button/ yarn store before the hockey game!

Ann- Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll be sure to make this a fun day. Heck, it's already fun just for the simple fact that I don't have to go to work today!!!:) Gee, isn't that a shame that the hat might have to be for you:lol

Sherry- That doesn't seem right that some of the boys can just show up for games and not go to practice! Glad that the head honcho is getting involved. Good luck with finishing the shawl. :cheer

Good morning!!

Another gorgeous day on tap here in Beantown!!! Can't wait to get to the button/ yarn store before the hockey game!

Ann- Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll be sure to make this a fun day. Heck, it's already fun just for the simple fact that I don't have to go to work today!!!:) Gee, isn't that a shame that the hat might have to be for you:lol

I'm sure your DD will make sure you have a wonderful day! The button/yarn store sounds fabulous! And how can you beat a Bruins game! Dh should be home soon so I'll find out about the hat! :lol

The rain and wind have stopped! :cheer

Hurray!

Ooo Happy BD Joanne! I've been out of pocket since Friday! Just jumping on quick to say hi!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Hi Mama! We missed you! Hope you had a nice weekend! :hug

HELLO! Yes Ann, thanks hon, the weekend was lovely! Temps in the 80s! Went to a pumpkin farm! Saw my entire family! Wonderful! Was home but decided NOT to turn on the computer till this morning so could spend my precious time with my precious girl! Today we are off as well so going to a used book store, to lunch, for a walk, just enjoy each other!

People always tell me this goes flies by and soon, she won't want to spend time with me! So I'm trying to spend all the time I can with her!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Thanks for the Birthday wishes Sue and Kuddles!!!

Happy to hear that the rain has stopped Sue!!!

Kuddles- Sounds like a delightful weekend and your day today sounds ALMOST as much fun as mine!!!;) I love used bookstores!!! Yes, the time with your DD will fly by and then if you are as blessed as me, when she is an adult she'll spoil you!!!!!:D

Patiently (ok, not so patiently:lol ) waiting for DD to finish getting ready and then we'll be out the door to start our fun day!!!!

So glad this rain and wind has stopped. As for the big bump on the roof? We still don't know since it today after work will be the 1st time we'll be able to inspect. Just hoping it is was some green pine cones falling from the pine trees.

Good morning!!

Time to get your party started! Can't wait to hear about your trip to the button store:D Happy, happy Birthday!!!!

The rain and wind have stopped! :cheer

Did you think it would ever end?? Geez Louise!!!!:P

Welcome home Mama! :hug

Got my test score...88! I'm happy with that! :cheer

When I got home from class this morning I asked Bruce "What the heck is that?" I was talking about the sun! :lol

Hey Hey everybody! I'm just popping on here real quick to send birthday wishes out to Joanne!! :birthday:bday:cake:bday:birthday I hope you have an absolutely WONDERFUL day, and enjoy this weather and time with your daughter!! :hug

had a somewhar uneventful weekend. thought we were going to get dads cat but they cant catch her....YET! glad dad is back at home....back tp being grumpy old self. beother in law is sore and having problems hearing. hes supposed to return tp wprl tpmprrow but i dont see that...what i also dont see os the emdia saying only two got hurt....there were several that did...

on a good note i attended the 100th birthday os a neighbor of ours. she had earlier this year fallen tryong to do yardwork on a ladderand broke several ribs when she fell off the ladder, but she bounced back and is doing well....she enjoyed the party im sure. there was lots of goodies to munch on

Woohoo! I finished DH's hat and it fits him!!! :woo I posted a pic in Show n Tell! He really likes it too! :)

HELLO! Yes Ann, thanks hon, the weekend was lovely! Temps in the 80s! Went to a pumpkin farm! Saw my entire family! Wonderful! Was home but decided NOT to turn on the computer till this morning so could spend my precious time with my precious girl! Today we are off as well so going to a used book store, to lunch, for a walk, just enjoy each other!

People always tell me this goes flies by and soon, she won't want to spend time with me! So I'm trying to spend all the time I can with her!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Your weekend sounds wonderful! So does the time your spending with DD! I love used book stores! And just being together is special! Seems like just yesterday when my boys were that young. Now they have kids almost that age! :lol

Patiently (ok, not so patiently:lol ) waiting for DD to finish getting ready and then we'll be out the door to start our fun day!!!!

Impatiently waiting to hear about the button store!!!! :cheer

So glad this rain and wind has stopped. As for the big bump on the roof? We still don't know since it today after work will be the 1st time we'll be able to inspect. Just hoping it is was some green pine cones falling from the pine trees.

Fingers and toes crossed that it was just a pinecone!:hug

Got my test score...88! I'm happy with that! :cheer

When I got home from class this morning I asked Bruce "What the heck is that?" I was talking about the sun! :lol

:cheerCONGRATS!!! :cheer

had a somewhar uneventful weekend. thought we were going to get dads cat but they cant catch her....YET! glad dad is back at home....back tp being grumpy old self. beother in law is sore and having problems hearing. hes supposed to return tp wprl tpmprrow but i dont see that...what i also dont see os the emdia saying only two got hurt....there were several that did...

on a good note i attended the 100th birthday os a neighbor of ours. she had earlier this year fallen tryong to do yardwork on a ladderand broke several ribs when she fell off the ladder, but she bounced back and is doing well....she enjoyed the party im sure. there was lots of goodies to munch on

Hope they catch the kitty! Prayers being said for all involved in the accident! Hope BIL will be ok. Glad you got to attend your neighbor's party! That's wonderful, 100 yrs old and doing yard work! WTG!

Hi Melani and Evelyn!!!! Good to see you guys!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!

I had an awesome day!!! I loved Windsor Button!!!! DD was so patient with me as I browsed through the buttons and yarn!!! I was in heaven. I picked out some buttons and got some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK yarn!! The best part was when I went to check out, DD paid for it!!!! I didn't want her to, since she had already gotten the Bruins tickets! But she insisted! What a treat!!! I am going to make her a scarf (she loves scarves) with some of the yarn and then send it to her as a surprise!

After the store, we walked over to a coffee shop that was near the TD Garden and were sitting outside enjoying the weather. Well, we were by the Tobin Bridge and they were filming a movie--some one said it is going to be RIPD (Rest in Peace Department) due out in June 2013. It was so weird--they closed the bridge and had cars going backwards on the bridge during the filming. I took a video with my phone!!!

The game was fun, even though the Bruins lost 1-0 right near the end of the 3rd quarter. Then we went to the North End and got italian pastries.

All I can say is I'm so blessed to have such wonderful daughters. This was truly a wonderful weekend and birthday. Tomorrow I head home and Wednesday will be back to reality!

Ann- glad that the hat fit DH- I'll have to check out Show and Tell

Sue--Congrats on the 85 on the test!!! WOOT!!!!!!

Now we are going to order Thai food for dinner!

Good morning!!!

So sorry to have this wonderfully fabulous long weekend come to an end. I'll be heading home in a little while and next time you hear from me, I'll be "home sweet home"!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning!!!

So sorry to have this wonderfully fabulous long weekend come to an end. I'll be heading home in a little while and next time you hear from me, I'll be "home sweet home"!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Have a safe trip home, and we'll "see" you when you get there!! :D:hug

Joanne, glad you had a great time. :hug

Thanks for all the congrats on my test. Tomorrow is my lab practical...YIKES!

Good luck on the lab practical!! :hug Congrats on the 85 test score!! :cheer

Good Morning Everyone!

Joanne, safe travels! Hope the travel home is better than the one to Boston!

Sue, good luck on the practical tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do fine! :hug

Have a Happy Tuesday Everyone! :hug

Good Morning Ann!! Did you sleep in this morning? :lol Have a great day!

To everyone else... :hi I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day today!!

Happy Tuesday :hi Today has started off great. Trying to get back into my morning routine of getting up 15 mins early to have some reflection time for myself (aka Me and God time). Plus I went to Zumba :elle class last night which helps me to destress. Hubby never went to look at the roof to see what hit it. Instead he picked up his truck from the shop (finally) from his little boo boo a couple weeks ago. :lol

Joanne - Your time in Boston sounds wonderful. You definately were kept busy.

Sue - what the heck is a "lab practicle"?

Has anyone heard from Tam? She seems to be MIA lately.

Must get back to the War Zone. You all have a fantabulous day!

Toodles

I'm home!!! I had a great trip back home with only a 5 minute delay in a construction zone. The foliage was amazingly beautiful in Mass and in northern CT!! More so than when I drove up on Friday!! It's really something how Mother Nature can create such beauty and also wreak havoc too!!

Here's a pic of the RR and the scarf I made for DD...Now I want to start a scarf for her in the beautiful yarn she bought me!

post-27163-135897702648_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897702651_thumb.jpg

I'm home!!! I had a great trip back home with only a 5 minute delay in a construction zone. The foliage was amazingly beautiful in Mass and in northern CT!! More so than when I drove up on Friday!! It's really something how Mother Nature can create such beauty and also wreak havoc too!!

Here's a pic of the RR and the scarf I made for DD...Now I want to start a scarf for her in the beautiful yarn she bought me!

Gorgeous!

kuddles

Archived