crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I have a quick question everyone. I just bought the stashbuster tote pattern. I see that it is done holding two strands together with a K hook. When I started it it seemed to be really stiff. Is this how it's supposed to be? I can't wait to actually get started and make one :)

Thank you! I'm using a slightly thinner yarn and it's going well.

It can really make a difference what yarn you are using. RHSS often tending to be a bit coarse anyway is not always a good choice. I try to make my base color either caron pounder or Michaels Impeccable because they are both softer yarns. There are others you can use too. Some variegateds are a bit stiff. The whole thing will soften with washing and use too. Welcome to the addiction!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:morcoffee Good morning all!

I had a fun time at craft club last night and made great progress on the baby blanket!! :hook

Mary- Love the colors of your SBT #????? one thousand???????:lol

Tonya- Congrats on the new car!!! :c9 How exciting for you!! What kind did you get, what color? Did you finish your test and paper?

Welcome BigFunFam---WARNING!!!! The SBT is ADDICTING!!!.......I've made 17 of them!!! (and have a few more to make for gifts)

Sue-:yay Nice score on the yarn!!!!! WOOT!!!!! Hope you enjoyed your day off playing hooky---we need those days every now and then.

Jana- Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary--Happy do something fun for you!!!!:hug

Ann- How is your granddaughter feeling? Hope she is on the mend.:hug

Nicole- Glad you stopped by!-As a fellow sports fan, I understand!! Between baseball, football and hockey, this time of year is crazy busy with sports--but I LOVE it!!!!

Off to re-fill the coffee and get my day started!!! Want to head in a little early to have some quiet time to get things done!

Good morning all!

Jana - happy BD and hope you had a great anniversary dinner!

Sue, now you know I am jealous of that yarn haul!!! Congrats on that and having a good day off!

Sherry - hi honey! Thanks, Monday was fine......took DD to speech after school/work and talked to her therapist to get some things changed in her process so that helped. DD was a pip last nite! She makes me laugh so much!

Tonyal - congrats on buying the car! Wow, nothing like a brand new car!

To Mary/Joanne/Ann and all my other peeps - have a great day!

Thought for today: think of someone today that you haven't seen in a while.....and send up good thoughts for them to have a great day as well as yourself! Hug them in your mind!

Mama Kuddles

I did enjoy my day of hooky. Got a tote done, a square and finish an afghan. :)

Looks like I'm going back to the Keys in Dec. For work this time. There's a sea turtle symposium in Marathon. Me and the boss. The Keys are in trouble. :lol

I have a quick question everyone. I just bought the stashbuster tote pattern. I see that it is done holding two strands together with a K hook. When I started it it seemed to be really stiff. Is this how it's supposed to be? I can't wait to actually get started and make one :)

As some of the others said, if you stitch tight change to a bigger hook and some yarn is just stiff. ILTY is my favorite to make them with. :)

Thank you! I'm using a slightly thinner yarn and it's going well.

Great! :)

:yayHappy Monday everyone....I celebrated Monday in a big way. :eek I bought a car. my very own brand spankin new, never owned by another soul but me car. and its the first car I have ever bought by myself. I am so geeked right now. I blew off everything tonight to get it and right now dont care that i have a paper and a test due in 55 minutes. :lol cuz I have a new car

WOO HOO!!! :cheer What kind???

tote # uh.....you know I have totally lost count..I'm pretty sure it is in the 30's somewhere..lol

I thought it was a gazillion?? Love it!

:turtle:vheart

tote # uh.....you know I have totally lost count..I'm pretty sure it is in the 30's somewhere..lol

Love the colors on this one. Of course, I'm partial to greens lately :lol

Good Morning Everyone! Trying to get my crochet on! Haven't decided what I want to work on. I started a hat for my grandson yesterday, but it isn't working out. I just can't figure it out. It's got a LOT of FPDC in it and we're not getting along! :lol Time to find another pattern! :yes Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug

I've always done well with a K hook which is amazing since I crochet tightly, lol! I see you've got it worked out though! Welcome to the addiction!!!

DH and DD (the boys momma) are both sick with the turmmy virus. So I have the boys while they are sleeping and hopefully getting better. DD started on Saturday with dizziness and a headache, then it progressed yesterday. DH has been sick since last Wednesday, thought he was better and went to work--should have stayed home.

DH is quitting his job and will be looking for another. Prayers, positive thoughts as he tries to find something else. The hours were getting so hard for him (at least 12 hours a day, 6 days a week) or nothing.

Hugs to all!!

Hope the family feels better soon! Prayers for DH to find a job soon! :hug

:yayHappy Monday everyone....I celebrated Monday in a big way. :eek I bought a car. my very own brand spankin new, never owned by another soul but me car. and its the first car I have ever bought by myself. I am so geeked right now. I blew off everything tonight to get it and right now dont care that i have a paper and a test due in 55 minutes. :lol cuz I have a new car

Congrats!!! What kind???

Gorgeous!!!

:morcoffee Good morning all!

I had a fun time at craft club last night and made great progress on the baby blanket!! :hook

Ann- How is your granddaughter feeling? Hope she is on the mend.:hug

Off to re-fill the coffee and get my day started!!! Want to head in a little early to have some quiet time to get things done!

Glad you had a nice time last night and got a lot done on the blanket!!! I'm not sure how my little GD is doing. They didn't answer my call or e-mail! :angry Not nice to ignore mama! Gonna have to call them again today!!!

Good morning all!

Thought for today: think of someone today that you haven't seen in a while.....and send up good thoughts for them to have a great day as well as yourself! Hug them in your mind!

Mama Kuddles

Wonderful thought for the day Mama! I've already done it as a matter of fact, lol! Have a super day! :hug

I did enjoy my day of hooky. Got a tote done, a square and finish an afghan. :)

Looks like I'm going back to the Keys in Dec. For work this time. There's a sea turtle symposium in Marathon. Me and the boss. The Keys are in trouble. :lol

Glad you enjoyed your time yesterday! You got a lot accomplished!

Its a 2011 dodge caliber. I not only have heat that works :cheer but also windows that go down and hey there wasnt a puddle of oil left by my lovely car today. :D

When we bought our car last year I was thinking about getting a Caliber, but ended up getting the Journey and love it. ZOOM ZOOM!!

When we bought our car last year I was thinking about getting a Caliber, but ended up getting the Journey and love it. ZOOM ZOOM!!

I would have loved to get a journey, but my payment would have been crazy high. But I love my car just the same... And have discovered the happiness of sirrus radio and the 80's on 8

Thanks for the welcome back, ladies. I really have to get started on my SBT Christmas gifts. I need to make 11. I want to have plenty of time to get tired of making them and take a break. It will happen. :lol

nawwwww :lol:lol I did take a break from making them too. Just got another done. First one in quite awhile

Its a 2011 dodge caliber. I not only have heat that works :cheer but also windows that go down and hey there wasnt a puddle of oil left by my lovely car today. :D

Awesome!!! That's always great that you have windows that work, heat that works and no puddles of oil!!!:clap:clap:clap Hope you get lots of happy miles on the car!!!

Hi all,

Busy day today--good but busy---and then I stopped at ACMoore on the way home. I got an email with 25 bonus rewards point with a $5.00 purchase for my birthday so of course I had to stop- spent a little over $5.00 for 3 skeins of yarn, (had a 50% off coupon, too) and got my bonus points!

Hope you all had a good day!!! Time for me to work on the baby blanket!!!

Sounds like trunk loads of awesomeness going on around here!! :D I'm so happy to hear of everyone's awesome yarn deals, car deals, and everything else!! :hug

Hi all,

Busy day today--good but busy---and then I stopped at ACMoore on the way home. I got an email with 25 bonus rewards point with a $5.00 purchase for my birthday so of course I had to stop- spent a little over $5.00 for 3 skeins of yarn, (had a 50% off coupon, too) and got my bonus points!

Hope you all had a good day!!! Time for me to work on the baby blanket!!!

:cheer:jumpyay for yarn deals.

Nice to see you back Nicole, as I was signing the papers on my car, the guy was like oh to bad you were not here earlier...we had franzen and another red wing here promoting the new red wings car.:eek:faint

Happy Hump Day!

It's a rainy, gloomy day out there today- the kind of day to stay inside snuggled up with some yarn and hook and a nice cup of coffee.......but alas, it's off to paradise for me!!

Have a great day everyone and stay dry those of you getting rained on like me!!!

Happy Hump Day!

It's a rainy, gloomy day out there today- the kind of day to stay inside snuggled up with some yarn and hook and a nice cup of coffee.......but alas, it's off to paradise for me!!

Have a great day everyone and stay dry those of you getting rained on like me!!!

It's the same here. Rainy, dreary, icky. Might as well be at the war zone where it is just as icky at times. Still trying to wake up. These dratted eyeballs want to close.

I'm heading back to TX early tomorrow and probably won't be able to check back in til I return on Tues. So here's to more yarn shopping (and yarn sales), smiling as you are driving around in your new car, lots of crochet time to work on those Christmas projects and lots of hugs to my yarnie friends in need of one.

Toodles!

:cheer:jumpyay for yarn deals.

Nice to see you back Nicole, as I was signing the papers on my car, the guy was like oh to bad you were not here earlier...we had franzen and another red wing here promoting the new red wings car.:eek:faint

I would have died! I'm sorry you missed them. The other guy was Jimmy Howard. I was following along on Twitter and Facebook the last two days. One of these seasons I'm going to go to "Toast of Hockeytown". I'm sure I would die from excitement though. :lol

Happy Hump Day!

Crummy, cold, rainy day here, too. :( It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning when it's still dark. :cheer about the yarn from yesterday, too. Have a good day at work! :hug

It's the same here. Rainy, dreary, icky. Might as well be at the war zone where it is just as icky at times. Still trying to wake up. These dratted eyeballs want to close.

I'm heading back to TX early tomorrow and probably won't be able to check back in til I return on Tues. So here's to more yarn shopping (and yarn sales), smiling as you are driving around in your new car, lots of crochet time to work on those Christmas projects and lots of hugs to my yarnie friends in need of one.

Toodles!

Have fun in Texas!

Hey there ladies :hi

I just wanted to pop in to say hello. I've totally been MIA for a couple months and have gotten in a handful of times for quick checks at the ville. I was really just able to get back in more regularly last week. I'm not doing any totes for now, but am working on an afghan for a housewarming party this saturday for a friend :) I haven't really had much spare time.

Over the past 2 months, I've moved to Pittsburgh :clap:yay and am staying with my sister and her bf. I've spent the time working to set up my new chiropractic office, which is still not open for business yet....but getting close :yay

I haven't read any of what I missed since I know there's WAY too much to even try so hopefully you all are doing well :hug :hug :hug I've missed you ladies and the ville!

I finished my tote. I just used scraps that I had so it's striped and perhaps not the colors I would want the most. Also, when I was making it I was listening to my girls reading lessons. I got carried away with the v-stitches and did 4 extra rows :lol So mine is a bit longer. All in all I like it and I'm considering using this pattern to make gift bags for my extended family/friends Christmas presents.

post-22492-135897705005_thumb.jpg

Hey there ladies :hi

I just wanted to pop in to say hello. I've totally been MIA for a couple months and have gotten in a handful of times for quick checks at the ville. I was really just able to get back in more regularly last week. I'm not doing any totes for now, but am working on an afghan for a housewarming party this saturday for a friend :) I haven't really had much spare time.

Over the past 2 months, I've moved to Pittsburgh :clap:yay and am staying with my sister and her bf. I've spent the time working to set up my new chiropractic office, which is still not open for business yet....but getting close :yay

I haven't read any of what I missed since I know there's WAY too much to even try so hopefully you all are doing well :hug :hug :hug I've missed you ladies and the ville!

Good to hear fro you! :hug I hope your office is done really soon and everything works out well for you. :yes

I finished my tote. I just used scraps that I had so it's striped and perhaps not the colors I would want the most. Also, when I was making it I was listening to my girls reading lessons. I got carried away with the v-stitches and did 4 extra rows :lol So mine is a bit longer. All in all I like it and I'm considering using this pattern to make gift bags for my extended family/friends Christmas presents.

It looks great! I'm making SBT's for the girls at work for Christmas. I think a lot of us are using them for that reason. They're so quick and they make great market totes.

Archived