crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning and :cheer TGiF :cheer WOOT!!!

Evelyn- I saw the baby ghan in show and tell- very pretty!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!! Tonight I"m going to dinner at Olive Garden with a couple of friends- love girls night out!!! And I love Olive Garden!!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all......I've been lurking......been super busy this week with the kid. Dang how these kids get in the way of other fun! LOL

Yes Joanne my friend TGIF! Thought it would never get here!

Tomorrow we visit friends that have a new(er) baby! DD is so excited! Of course I made some gifts......put patches on a couple little tee shirts.....

Then Sunday I volunteered at DD's school so for over 2 hours, I will be there selling. Ah the fun of having a kid in school! Tons of fund raisers! Uh why again did I volunteer?????

Everyone, have a GREAT day!

Mama Kuddles

Good Morning Friends! Ah, the sun is shining today! It's a beautiful October day! I got, wait, can you stand this........6 hrs of uninterrupted sleep! :eek I'll probably be up for days! :lol Not much on my agenda today (same old thing). DH will be home from work soon so I'll chat with him for a bit, then get my day started. I should pay a couple of bills, bleh, then fire up my hooks and get to work on some Christmas presents. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday! :hug

Hi all,

Nicole- Glad that the melatonin is helping you sleep!!! I get about 5 hours every night- wake up every day (even weekends) at the same time. Seems to be as much as I need!

Ann- Happy to hear that all went well at the Dr. I go next Tuesday morning before work- annual BP check and I'll also get my flu shot.

Got my flu shot last month! :yes Hope all goes well at your check up!

Marisa Glad to hear things are moving along!!! Pretty soon, you'll be in business!!!

Ducky- Hope your back wasn't giving you too much trouble---and enjoy the game tonight!

Sue- Happy "Friday"

Baby blanket washed and ready for giving-hard to get a pic when it's so dark!!!

Off to finish a scarf!! Have a good night!

The blanket is beautiful!!!

The baby gahn picture is posted in kids stuff in show and tell

I saw it and it's beautiful!!!

Evelyn- I saw the baby ghan in show and tell- very pretty!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!! Tonight I"m going to dinner at Olive Garden with a couple of friends- love girls night out!!! And I love Olive Garden!!!!

Hope you have a great time tonight!!!

Good morning all......I've been lurking......been super busy this week with the kid. Dang how these kids get in the way of other fun! LOL

Yes Joanne my friend TGIF! Thought it would never get here!

Tomorrow we visit friends that have a new(er) baby! DD is so excited! Of course I made some gifts......put patches on a couple little tee shirts.....

Then Sunday I volunteered at DD's school so for over 2 hours, I will be there selling. Ah the fun of having a kid in school! Tons of fund raisers! Uh why again did I volunteer?????

Everyone, have a GREAT day!

Mama Kuddles

Now what would you be doing if you didn't do all that volunteering? :lol Have a great weekend Mama! :hug

Gorgeous!! :D:hook

Hi all,

Baby blanket washed and ready for giving-hard to get a pic when it's so dark!!!

Off to finish a scarf!! Have a good night!

Lovely! Great job! :tup

Have fun! :yay

Hi all,

Had a good time with friends last night. Up early as usual and going to breakfast this morning at DD's. Can't wait to see Ryan. Then after that, I've got the baby shower to go to. Hopefully, this evening, I'll get in a little 'hooky' time!!

Kuddles- have fun visiting your friends today. I don't remember my DD's schools ever having fundraisers on Sunday....And you volunteered because you are good like that!!!!

Ann- WOOT for 6 hours sleep!!!! Were you able to sleep again last night? I actually got 6 hours last night and of course woke up right around the time my alarm would go off if it was a work day. Thankfully, it's not!!!

Melani- How's things in your neck of the woods? Any special projects on your hook?

Sue, Jana, Ducky, Sherry, Kristy, Marisa, Lacey and the rest of the gang---hope you have a good Saturday!!!!

Good Morning! How are all my tote loving addict friends this morning? I had a decent night's sleep last night. Only got up twice during the night and got about 5 hrs sleep over all. Feeling bleh today, but that par for the course. Guess what I started last night? An SBT! :hook I couldn't take it any more! I was going thru withdrawals! :lol

Joanne, I'm so glad you had a good time last night! I'm sure you'll enjoy your breakfast this morning too! Get all that snuggle time in with Ryan! Oh, a baby shower too! You sure are busy! Hope you get some hook time in tonight!

Mama, enjoy your time with friends today. Rest up for tomorrows fundraiser!

Melani, how's things going today?

Sue, so is this a bird or turtle day? Maybe a school day? :think Whatever it is I hope it's a good one!

Thinking of all the gang and hoping you all enjoy this wonderful Saturday! :hug

Glad you had a decent night sleep again Ann!

Has anyone else been having trouble loading the Crochetville site? It takes a long time to load and sometimes times out. Not having trouble with any other sites that I've gone to.

Oh, well, off to get ready to start the day!

Glad you had a decent night sleep again Ann!

Has anyone else been having trouble loading the Crochetville site? It takes a long time to load and sometimes times out. Not having trouble with any other sites that I've gone to.

Oh, well, off to get ready to start the day!

Yes, I had trouble earlier too. I think it's all taken care of now though!

Very quiet here today!!! I had a great time at both my DD's and at the baby shower. I even won one of the games and the prize was a really pretty fall candle! I was so full from our breakfast and and I couldn't possibly eat all the food they served at the shower so I brought a "doggy bag" home for DH to eat for dinner tonight! Woot!!!!

I'm going to take out the hook and yarn--not sure what I'm going to start--probably another scarf for the charity fundraiser--but I'm itching to make another SBT and I want to start a ripple afghan---decisions, decisions.....:lol

my son had his first robotics team competition today. it was fun to see what the other school teams came up with and to see my son so involved in something besides video games. it looks like most of my saturdays will be involved in going to see them compete. but since they are inside I can bring some yarn and a hook to work on something while waiting for their turn. I havent been working on much, i start back to midnights tuesday night. :cheer my orientation is almost over yet I feel like I know nothing and have had 4 preceptors so far :(. I have my ecg test monday so I am signing off to go study more for that. ugh can't wait for these tests to be over with.

my son had his first robotics team competition today. it was fun to see what the other school teams came up with and to see my son so involved in something besides video games. it looks like most of my saturdays will be involved in going to see them compete. but since they are inside I can bring some yarn and a hook to work on something while waiting for their turn. I havent been working on much, i start back to midnights tuesday night. :cheer my orientation is almost over yet I feel like I know nothing and have had 4 preceptors so far :(. I have my ecg test monday so I am signing off to go study more for that. ugh can't wait for these tests to be over with.

Good luck with the test Tonya!!!

My niece was involved with robotics in HS and has continued on in college. She'll be graduating from Carnegie Mellon in May with both her bachelor's and master's in engineering! (smart girl she is for sure). I found the robotics competition to be very interesting when I went to see her once! Glad your son is having fun with it!!

How's your new car? Are you just loving it?

Sorry Sue honey! HUGS from Mama!

We had a great day...weather was perfect, wonderful visit with friends with new baby, homemade pizza for dinner.............

Hope everyone is happy too!

Mama Kuddles

Good luck with the test Tonya!!!

My niece was involved with robotics in HS and has continued on in college. She'll be graduating from Carnegie Mellon in May with both her bachelor's and master's in engineering! (smart girl she is for sure). I found the robotics competition to be very interesting when I went to see her once! Glad your son is having fun with it!!

How's your new car? Are you just loving it?

I LOVE IT. I smile everytime I get in to drive well and every time I see it. :D I am hoping he continues with it, he has been working in the technology dept all summer putting in the new computer systems for the school district, and now the teachers ask him to help when they dont know what to do.

Turtle day today. Birds tomorrow. Another test on Monday. UGH! Sorry, I'm super exhausted. This is just proving to be too much for me. :(

:turtle:vheart

I am with you Sue, I am barely hanging on. this semester has sucked trying to keep above water.:hug

Hope everyone is doing well, :hugs to all of us who are tired. I spent the day with my sister today, we went for mexican food and it was really good, then we went shoping at my favorit store dollar tree I love that store!

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Hi all,

Had a good time with friends last night. Up early as usual and going to breakfast this morning at DD's. Can't wait to see Ryan. Then after that, I've got the baby shower to go to. Hopefully, this evening, I'll get in a little 'hooky' time!!

Kuddles- have fun visiting your friends today. I don't remember my DD's schools ever having fundraisers on Sunday....And you volunteered because you are good like that!!!!

Ann- WOOT for 6 hours sleep!!!! Were you able to sleep again last night? I actually got 6 hours last night and of course woke up right around the time my alarm would go off if it was a work day. Thankfully, it's not!!!

Melani- How's things in your neck of the woods? Any special projects on your hook? :hug Hi Joanne! :hi Nothing new on my hook; still working on the fabric rug, squares here and there, ideas galore!! LOL Today I spent some time working on "Super Mario Bros." Themed decorations; our town does a Halloween parade every year, and each class enters a float. I went to the initial float committee meeting for Dmitri's class (he's my second grader) and I was the ONLY person there. So I asked Dmitri the other day if he'd prefer a "Mario" theme or a "Phineas and Ferb" theme. He chose Mario... Today, I made a couple question mark boxes, a Goomba, a Koopa Troopa (well, actually, my second-born son Michael made the Goomba and the Koopa Troopa), a leaf (it looks like a leaf in the video game, I believe it's actually supposed to be a raccoon tail), several invincibility stars, (the kids helped with that), a "get bigger" mushroom and a 1-UP mushroom... my brother said he would pull his little trailer that he uses to tow his lawn mower with, so we have that to use as the float, and I plan to make a couple pipes and a flagpole with a flag at the top... I haven't spent much time on the computers at all over the last few days, seems as though I've had plenty to keep me busy! :lol I'm looking forward to seeing how this float actually comes together... :think

Sue, Jana, Ducky, Sherry, Kristy, Marisa, Lacey and the rest of the gang---hope you have a good Saturday!!!!

Good Morning! How are all my tote loving addict friends this morning? I had a decent night's sleep last night. Only got up twice during the night and got about 5 hrs sleep over all. Feeling bleh today, but that par for the course. Guess what I started last night? An SBT! :hook I couldn't take it any more! I was going thru withdrawals! :lol

Joanne, I'm so glad you had a good time last night! I'm sure you'll enjoy your breakfast this morning too! Get all that snuggle time in with Ryan! Oh, a baby shower too! You sure are busy! Hope you get some hook time in tonight!

Mama, enjoy your time with friends today. Rest up for tomorrows fundraiser!

Melani, how's things going today? Things are good, Ann, thanks for asking! I gave a detailed answer to Joanne up there ^ LOL I am looking forward to the end of the Nascar season (I'm in a "Nascar" swap in a group I'm in. We each chose a driver at the beginning of the season, and each week, whoever has the driver in the closest-to-winning position won, the rest of the people make a square for the winner. Once the season is over, I will be connecting all the squares I received... should be fun!!) and like I said above ^ I have lots of ideas swirling... :hug

Sue, so is this a bird or turtle day? Maybe a school day? :think Whatever it is I hope it's a good one!

Thinking of all the gang and hoping you all enjoy this wonderful Saturday! :hug

:cheer glad to hear you're going back to a schedule that works for you!! What is a preceptor? With the :( after it, I'm guessing it isn't necessarily a good thing... Good luck with all the tests!! :hug

Turtle day today. Birds tomorrow. Another test on Monday. UGH! Sorry, I'm super exhausted. This is just proving to be too much for me. :(

:hug Christmas is the end of this busy time for you, right? That's just a couple months away (and I'm sure it seems like a long way off)... I'm rooting for ya!! :cheer You can do it!! :yay

Good Morning! I think it's going to be a sunny day :think Still too soon to tell! :lol It sue is cold out though, only 31 degrees! Brrrr! Not looking forward to taking the dog out. I'm so glad she's still sleeping! :lol It won't be long now though. Time to put on the winter coat! Oh! I finished the SBT last night!!! :cheer It isn't lined yet, I still have to figure out what I'm going to use. This is a real stash buster! I used scraps from some homespun that I've had hanging around. I really like how it came out. I'll try to get a pic later! Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug

Very quiet here today!!! I had a great time at both my DD's and at the baby shower. I even won one of the games and the prize was a really pretty fall candle! I was so full from our breakfast and and I couldn't possibly eat all the food they served at the shower so I brought a "doggy bag" home for DH to eat for dinner tonight! Woot!!!!

I'm going to take out the hook and yarn--not sure what I'm going to start--probably another scarf for the charity fundraiser--but I'm itching to make another SBT and I want to start a ripple afghan---decisions, decisions.....:lol

Hurray for having a good time yesterday and not having to cook supper! And you won a prize too! Woot! So what did you end up working on last night?

Good luck on your test! The robotics should be fun! I hope your son stays involved. My boys didn't get involved in it, but everything I've heard about it has been wonderful!

Good luck on the test! Hang in there, December isn't that far off. Wish I had some energy to send you. :hug:hug:hug

Sorry Sue honey! HUGS from Mama!

We had a great day...weather was perfect, wonderful visit with friends with new baby, homemade pizza for dinner.............

Hope everyone is happy too!

Mama Kuddles

Sounds like a fantabulous day!

I LOVE IT. I smile everytime I get in to drive well and every time I see it. :D I am hoping he continues with it, he has been working in the technology dept all summer putting in the new computer systems for the school district, and now the teachers ask him to help when they dont know what to do.

I am with you Sue, I am barely hanging on. this semester has sucked trying to keep above water.:hug

:hug:hug:hug

Hope everyone is doing well, :hugs to all of us who are tired. I spent the day with my sister today, we went for mexican food and it was really good, then we went shoping at my favorit store dollar tree I love that store!

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Dollar Tree is fun to shop at! Gotta get DH to bring me there! It's been too long!

:cheer glad to hear you're going back to a schedule that works for you!! What is a preceptor? With the :( after it, I'm guessing it isn't necessarily a good thing... Good luck with all the tests!! :hug

:hug Christmas is the end of this busy time for you, right? That's just a couple months away (and I'm sure it seems like a long way off)... I'm rooting for ya!! :cheer You can do it!! :yay

You sure have been busy! The nascar swap squares sound like fun! Good luck with your Halloween Float Parade too!

Good Sunday morning to all! Soon to go over to the school to volunteer.....till noon! Then just hanging together......supposed to be upper 60s and sun today....so plan on enjoying it!

Hugs to all!

Mama Kuddles

Good Sunday morning to all! Soon to go over to the school to volunteer.....till noon! Then just hanging together......supposed to be upper 60s and sun today....so plan on enjoying it!

Hugs to all!

Mama Kuddles

Hope you have a great day! The sun popped out here for a while then decided to hide again. :(

Here's a pic of the Homespun SBT! Don't mind the messy background. I found another use for my IV pole too! :lol

post-16860-13589770591_thumb.jpg

A preceptor is someone we work with during orientation. the other units have all gone to a schedule where they work a nurses schedule and stay with one nurse, we have been working 5 days since we have a couple more classes and so i have had 4 other nurses already and will be on my 5th tuesday night. it is just frustrating because everyone does stuff different so I am getting confused

HI all,

I've been busy so far today---I slept till 7:c9

After a cup of coffee, I headed to the grocery store, put those away and then got the beef stew ready for the crock pot and put that on. Then I drove to Delicous Orchards and got some apples, apple cider, cider donuts, cheese and crackers and some veggies. Then I went to DD's and dropped of some apple cider and cider donuts for her and SIL and had some play time with Ryan!

What a wonderful glorious fall day it is here in NJ--absolute perfection! I have the sliding glass door open a bit and the fresh air feels wonderful. The house is smelling good with the beef stew and I'm just getting ready to crochet.

I started a scarf with Amazing yarn last night using this pattern here

Kuddles--hope you are enjoying the day now that the volunteering at DD's school is over--although I'm sure that was a fun time too!!

Sue-:hug It's tough working full time and going to school---been there, done that, finished...and it's so worth it!! Hang in there!!!:hug

Melani- I think that the float that you are designing with the help of your boys is going to be awesome- can't believe you are the ONLY one that showed up:eek If you can, take a picture!!!

Hope you have a great day! The sun popped out here for a while then decided to hide again. :(

Here's a pic of the Homespun SBT! Don't mind the messy background. I found another use for my IV pole too! :lol

Looks good!! :hug

A preceptor is someone we work with during orientation. the other units have all gone to a schedule where they work a nurses schedule and stay with one nurse, we have been working 5 days since we have a couple more classes and so i have had 4 other nurses already and will be on my 5th tuesday night. it is just frustrating because everyone does stuff different so I am getting confused

Ah, gotcha! :yes I can completely understand how frustrating that would be... Good luck!! :hug

HI all,

After a cup of coffee, I headed to the grocery store, put those away and then got the beef stew ready for the crock pot and put that on. Then I drove to Delicous Orchards and got some apples, apple cider, cider donuts, cheese and crackers and some veggies. Then I went to DD's and dropped of some apple cider and cider donuts for her and SIL and had some play time with Ryan!

What a wonderful glorious fall day it is here in NJ--absolute perfection! I have the sliding glass door open a bit and the fresh air feels wonderful. The house is smelling good with the beef stew and I'm just getting ready to crochet.

Kuddles--hope you are enjoying the day now that the volunteering at DD's school is over--although I'm sure that was a fun time too!!

Sue-:hug It's tough working full time and going to school---been there, done that, finished...and it's so worth it!! Hang in there!!!:hug

Melani- I think that the float that you are designing with the help of your boys is going to be awesome- can't believe you are the ONLY one that showed up:eek If you can, take a picture!!!

Thanks, Joanne - I will! My brother dropped off the trailer today, and also 2 of the long tubes from rolls of carpet (my brother is a flooring installer). My mind's a buzzing with how to make a piranha plant to come out of a pipe... LOL Should be.... interesting!! :lol

HI all,

Wow, you've had a great day so far! Good for you for sleeping in!!! :clap That scarf pattern is pretty! Thanks for the link! Now I just need to go shopping for some sock yarn! :lol

Looks good!! :hug

Ah, gotcha! :yes I can completely understand how frustrating that would be... Good luck!! :hug

Thanks, Joanne - I will! My brother dropped off the trailer today, and also 2 of the long tubes from rolls of carpet (my brother is a flooring installer). My mind's a buzzing with how to make a piranha plant to come out of a pipe... LOL Should be.... interesting!! :lol

Thanks! I don't know how well it will hold up, but it's so nice and soft I just want to snuggle with it! :lol I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a piranha plant! That should be an awesome float! I sure do hope more people show up to help!

Wow, you've had a great day so far! Good for you for sleeping in!!! :clap That scarf pattern is pretty! Thanks for the link! Now I just need to go shopping for some sock yarn! :lol

Thanks! I don't know how well it will hold up, but it's so nice and soft I just want to snuggle with it! :lol I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a piranha plant! That should be an awesome float! I sure do hope more people show up to help!

I'm using Amazing yarn which is a medium worsted yarn- and it's coming out nice with a G hook. I do think it is a little thinner than most though. I love the way the colors are blending into each other. I had bought some with 50% off coupons and while digging through stash found them!

I forgot to comment on how I like the way your SBT turned out in the homespun. Did you figure out what fabric you are going to use to line it?

Hello! I had fun volunteering! I don't know a stranger so I talked to everyone.....

Plus shopping, a nice walk, it was a good day!

Love from Mama Kuddles

It sure does sound like a good day!:yes

Dinner is over (and best part---we have leftovers) Back to the scarf!!

Archived