crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with DD and there is change in plans- it's snowing by her--and pouring rain, mixing with a little white stuff here. I told her I didn't really feel like driving in the yuckiness so she said she'll work on her homework and thesis today- we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Why oh, why, does this yucky weather have to be on my day off? Oh, well, I guess it's just a good excuse to stay indoors and crochet----once all my cleaning is done!

EDIT TO ADD-- It's officially:snow here now:(

Good morning! A quick hi! My SIL and brother must be thrilled this morning....their Cardinals won last nite! Sorry for those of you rooting for the other guys....

Don't know but we might go to the zoo to see the decorations. Or just errands. Or or or.......it's a new day, so full of possibilities!

Have a great weekend all!

Decorations at the zoo sounds like fun! Have a great time whatever you decide to do! :yay

Mama Kuddles

I just finished a SBT, but haven't gotten a photo yet, and a couple of dishcloths. I hope to finish a special olympics scarf and start on a scarf for my son. But I also need to pick turnip greens since we're supposed to have sun after a rainy week. So I'll just have to see how my time goes.

Busy, busy, busy! :hook Looking forward to the pics!

Thanks Ladies. Unfortunately because of someone's stupid mistake a turtle died. :(

:turtle:vheart

I'm so sorry that the turtle died. People need to learn to be more careful. :hug

Good morning! I slept late this morning- probably because it is so dark and rainy outside-that and the fact that I had a LONG week in paradise!

Ann- I'm up, and enjoying my coffee now. Was supposed to go to get the oil changed in my car when they opened at 8, but since I didn't get up till after 8- that isn't happening:lol...I'll just have to get there when I do- it's a no appt place anyway.

Was supposed to go see my middle DD today- but with the rain, and forecasted snow, (not alot I don't think- just enough to make driving kind of messy) I don't think I'm going to go. I want to see if we can get together tomorrow instead! I started a hat last night from the Chicks N'Sticks Crochet book to donate to our charity craft sale at work.

Hugs/good thoughts coming all of your way:hug

Glad you got to sleep in a little this morning! Too bad about the oil change, but oh well, :lol. Enjoy your time visiting DD whenever you get there! Looks like today will be a good day for :crocheting!

Here's the SBT for my DIL. It's TLC robin egg and serene. I had never used this yarn, but I really like it and liked the colors, too.

Oh, it's beautiful! I love the colors!

I spoke with DD and there is change in plans- it's snowing by her--and pouring rain, mixing with a little white stuff here. I told her I didn't really feel like driving in the yuckiness so she said she'll work on her homework and thesis today- we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Why oh, why, does this yucky weather have to be on my day off? Oh, well, I guess it's just a good excuse to stay indoors and crochet----once all my cleaning is done!

EDIT TO ADD-- It's officially:snow here now:(

Ugh! It hasn't started here yet, but you can tell it isn't far off. They are saying 6-12+" (we're in the little spot that they have marked 12+! I hope they're wrong!)

:sun How are you all on this lovely Saturday?

Its beautiful here. Sun shinning … cool crispness in the air…. Perfect Fall day!

Wow… its been like FOREVER since I took time to chat with you all! I tell ya….. this last year has been so busy… and recently since school started… it seem to get busier… and now my son has been home this last month on leave. Its been a wonderful visit… but unfortunately a trying time for him. His wife decided she wanted a divorce. She’s apparently been planning this for the last few months… moved in with a guy and sprang this on him right before he came home. I know this may all seem a bit personal to be sharing … but my son and granddaughters really need some prayers right now. Its much uglier than we all thought. His ex-to be… is living with a registered sex offender and possibly doing drugs. My grandbabies have been living with her parents and I haven’t seen them in MONTHS. I didn’t know all this so now I understand why I haven’t seen the girls… my ex-daughter-in-law to be has really changed!!!! My son is fighting for custody of his girls! Such a sad thing for them all to have to go through!

Anyway… its been a busy visit ….. but we’re doing what we can to enjoy our time together while helping my son get his case together to fight for his girls!

post-18634-135897707642_thumb.jpg

On to the other things that have kept me busy………………..

My three youngest boys………. OMy.

They sure keep me hoppin’ !

Fall Baseball is over… and Wrestling season is about to start.

Patrick proved himself this Summer and Fall with his pitching. He received a letter from a college the other day sent to the High School through his counselor….. wanting to get to know him and spend time with him for recruiting purposes. I cant even begin to tell you how excited and proud we are!

post-18634-135897707652_thumb.jpg

Michael is still in remission! PRAISE GOD!!! He’s doing great… and feeling great! He loves school this year. He loves Jr High!

David is still hunting those bugs………. We have a lovely mantis to add to our pets again this year. He had three… but let 2 go after a while…. But just couldn’t get rid of this last one… he has way too much fun with them.

post-18634-135897707655_thumb.jpg

As for Ken………. He too is still in remission! THANK YOU GOD!!! He has a routine bone marrow biopsy scheduled for next month… but all blood tests so far are showing him to be clean!!!

Me……….? Well… in between keeping up with all of them… I have been crocheting as much as I possibly can… gifts… swaps…. Charity… etc… and trying to write some patterns out.

We had a wonderful trip to the local Pumpkin patch …….. spent the whole day playing and having fun. It was a day needed! A great way to separate ourselves from the dealings of the world for one day. Just what my son needed …. With all that’s going on in his life right now with the divorce.

post-18634-135897707658_thumb.jpg

Well… off to get a coffee refill… check on some more email… and see if my pumpkin bars are cool yet!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897707648_thumb.jpg

Here's the SBT for my DIL. It's TLC robin egg and serene. I had never used this yarn, but I really like it and liked the colors, too.

Thats beautiful!!! love the color!!!

As promised, totes I've made recently. All but one still needs handles on them but if waited to post pix when they are all done, it might be Christmas...of next year! At least you get the notion.

The blue/green is made with Noro Silk Garden I bought myself as a BD to myself. My goodness how I love the look of this! I'll be lining it so it will last a long time. And the red/black (bottom right) is the tote by our own April Moreland....I've made a few, but this one is MINE! DD called it the Ladybug Bag!

Hope you enjoy looking and perhaps this will stir some creative juices for ya!

Mama Kuddles

OMGoodness..................... those are all awesome!!!!

Wow... great work!!!

Hi all! Is it ok to jump in on this. I just bought the pattern the other day and I'm working on one right now. I grabbed some yarn I had handy in like a sage green color, one solid and one with a fleck in it. I think I'll just make it all the same color. I don't have any other color to go with it. lol

I'll post a pic when I'm done. :hook

Hi Dianna- Can't wait to see it!! Welcome aboard!!!!

Tammy- Great to hear from you- prayers for your son and GD's!!! How sad for him and kind of scary for the girls!! Glad that they are at least living with the soon-to-be-ex's parents! Great news on Patrick!!! And of course Michael and Ken!! Dont' want to leave out David- so I'm happy he's still enjoying his bugs!!!

It's snowing still- this is crazy. Rutgers is playing today- in snowy NJ against W Va and it's on national tv! The player who was paralyzed last year, Eric LeGrand led the team on the field today- very moving and touching! He's doing great and continues to make good strides.

A friend told me that there are branches down (and power lines) --heavy, wet snow---so you know I'm not going out anywhere!!!

Welcome to the group Diana! Looking forward to seeing pics of your tote!!!

Good to see you Tam! Prayers going up for your DS and GD's. Good to know that they have been safe at least living at the soon-to-be-ex's parent's house. It's wonderful to hear that Ken and Michael are doing well and still in remission! Great news about Patrick and of course David and his bugs always make me smile! :lol Hope you're doing some good things for yourself in all that crocheting your doing! :hug

Joanne, how's the snow? If you have branches and power down it must be coming down pretty good! It looks like the middle of winter here. Very heavy wet stuff! Think I'll put on some Christmas carols! :lol

Welcome to the group Diana! Looking forward to seeing pics of your tote!!!

Good to see you Tam! Prayers going up for your DS and GD's. Good to know that they have been safe at least living at the soon-to-be-ex's parent's house. It's wonderful to hear that Ken and Michael are doing well and still in remission! Great news about Patrick and of course David and his bugs always make me smile! :lol Hope you're doing some good things for yourself in all that crocheting your doing! :hug

Joanne, how's the snow? If you have branches and power down it must be coming down pretty good! It looks like the middle of winter here. Very heavy wet stuff! Think I'll put on some Christmas carols! :lol

:lol:lol Oh, no not the Christmas Carols yet:lol:lol:lol We haven't even had "trick or treat" yet!! It's coming down pretty steadily all day- it's very wet/heavy snow and that's why so many trees/branches/power lines coming down. Just heard that some of the trains are cancelled and many of the lines have delays. Just crazy in October for sure!

But on a good note, Rutgers is winning as we get ready to start the second half--but there's a lot of game left and with the terrible field conditions anything can happen that's for sure! It's a high scoring game, because the defense can't get good footing (maybe they should have skates on?:lol:lol)

Yesterday's bad day leaked into today. Had a turtle come in DOA and one of our other turtles (very sick) died. :(

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hopefully things should be good from here on out since that is three bad things!!:hug:hug:hug:hug

Rutgers lost:( It would have been so neat if they had won since the player who was paralyzed last year led them onto the field in his power scooter flanked by two of his friends. It was very touching and emotional- They played really good in the first half--not so good in the 2nd half.

We have a state of emergency here from the Nor'Easter! Lots of road closures due to downed branches/trees/power lines. Still snowing!:eek

Is this a trick that Mother Nature is pulling and will tomorrow be the treat with some sunshine? :think

:lol:lol Oh, no not the Christmas Carols yet:lol:lol:lol We haven't even had "trick or treat" yet!! It's coming down pretty steadily all day- it's very wet/heavy snow and that's why so many trees/branches/power lines coming down. Just heard that some of the trains are cancelled and many of the lines have delays. Just crazy in October for sure!

But on a good note, Rutgers is winning as we get ready to start the second half--but there's a lot of game left and with the terrible field conditions anything can happen that's for sure! It's a high scoring game, because the defense can't get good footing (maybe they should have skates on?:lol:lol)

I couldn't bring myself to play them! :D It's been pretty bad here all day too. Still coming down hard. I saw on FB that WEBS closed early due to the snow! Who's gonna protect all the pretty yarn? :lol I'm worried about DS and DIL, they have a Halloween/Fundraiser party planned for tonight. Last I knew it wasn't postponed! It is for their snowmobile club! :lol

Yesterday's bad day leaked into today. Had a turtle come in DOA and one of our other turtles (very sick) died. :(

:hug:hug:hug

Rutgers lost:( It would have been so neat if they had won since the player who was paralyzed last year led them onto the field in his power scooter flanked by two of his friends. It was very touching and emotional- They played really good in the first half--not so good in the 2nd half.

We have a state of emergency here from the Nor'Easter! Lots of road closures due to downed branches/trees/power lines. Still snowing!:eek

Is this a trick that Mother Nature is pulling and will tomorrow be the treat with some sunshine? :think

That would have been nice if Rutgers would have won. It must have been very emotional to watch that with the player leading his team onto the field.

I haven't heard about a state of emergency, but there are quite a few cancellations and we keep losing power! Yeah, this is some trick! I would love some sunshine tomorrow!

:yay we are supposed to get sunshine today in the upper 40's (ok, not too warm, but it sure beats snow) Looks like as it is becoming daylight that the skies are clear!!! Can you say WOOT!!!!!:clap

Off to get some coffee and start the day!!!

ETA: Still have a state of emergency in NJ- so although it looks fine when I look out my window- there are many without power and lots of branches/power lines down.

Good morning and hugs to all those out east! Yikes! Turned on the news and saw one place got over 27 inches! EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!

I know they predicted another bad, full of snow winter here in Chicago, but yikes! Stay safe all of you!

Well, off to embroidery "Hoppy Halloween" on a tee shirt for my DD to wear to school tomorrow. ......

Love from Mama Kuddles

Good Morning all,

Finally got the phone & internet working. Those in the snow, please stay warm and safe.

We got most of DD stuff moved, she's going to finish up today. We will be going to church and then this evening the football playoffs start. GS plays at 7 tonight and if they win, they play again on Thursday. Since we've not won 1 game, I'm thinking tonight will be the last game for him.

Got to work on the sbt for the baby gift. Should get it finished today and then I'll take pics and get them posted.

Sue - So sorry it's been so hard at work. Lots of hugs to you.

Mama K - Hope you enjoyed your day with DD.

Joanne - Glad the snow has stopped. Be careful if you have to get out.

Tam - will be praying for you and your son. Not a good situation but hopefully he will get custody of the girls. Glad both son and husband are in remission. Will continue to pray that way.

Welcome Diana - looking forward to seeing pics of your work!

Well, I'd better get busy making "pan-takes" (what little GS calls them). Have a great Sunday!

Hugs to all.

Thanks Sherry! I'll enjoy it more at 1 today when DD's godmother takes her for 3....yes THREE....hours! OMG! I'm over the moon to have a few hours to myself in my own house!

Okay, little excited about it....sorry.....

My DD calls them tan-takes and she is 7! Old habits die hard!

Mama K

:sun Good morning my friends…..

Hope all is well with everyone! It’s a beautiful sunny 45* Fall morning here! Its our last Sunday with our son. He will be leaving on the 2nd L

Thank you everyone for your love and prayers for my son and his daughters!

My goodness… all you that are getting snow already … please stay safe and warm!!!

Sue honey……….. I am so sorry about the turtles! That just breaks my heart!!!!!! :hug

Here’s hoping for lots of sun shine for ya Joanne!!!

Wow mamaK 27” of snow? That’s amazing… they cant be happy where ever that is!

I need to get my embroidery machine back out and play with it!!

Well… off for more coffee and getting a few things done around here.

Have a great day all!

I miss you all so much. :hug

Thanks ladies. Today another turtle came in and didn't make it, but I was in birds and didn't have to deal with it. On a great note I got to handle a Peregrine falcon!!! I have come to LOVE falcons. We have our resident Kestrel and a couple weeks ago we had a Merlin in for rehab. Gorgeous birds!!

Now to make all the "snow" girls mad...It's 5:45pm, we have the windows open and I'm in a tank top and shorts. Running and hiding now. :lol

Archived