crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evening all

just a quick check in to see how were all doing before i go back to my hook....im still working on the beret...having an issue wrapping my brain around a single crochet and single crochet decrease

ACK!

Glad you are home and feeling okay hon!

dinner time....

Mama Kuddles

Thanks Mama! :hug

:dog:dog plus :2rain:rain equals a mud pit in my backyard and thankfully i covered the furniture before they wee let in. they both had to be hosed down in the shower they were so full of mud.

Oh boy! :lol

Hi all. Quick post and then dh and I are going to watch the Giants! We had a great day. See u in the AM

Ann. Glad to hear things went well. Even if the morphine didn't kick In until after the procedure

Thanks! Enjoy the game!

evening all

just a quick check in to see how were all doing before i go back to my hook....im still working on the beret...having an issue wrapping my brain around a single crochet and single crochet decrease

ACK!

Slow and easy, you'll get it done! :hug

well gals ove officially been defeated by a stupid stitch.....i know how to do a dc dec so since it is my beret il going ot do that for the decrease row instead og the sc

Ann so glad to hear it went ok.

and lets just say its a good thing I dont have carpet in my house so everything was washable. the backyard looks like a track you can tell that they love to run around the tree. and when I went out to investigate I wondered why they went slinking away...I found 3 huge holes. It is such a good thing hank and lotto are cute and I love them to death :lol

well gals ove officially been defeated by a stupid stitch.....i know how to do a dc dec so since it is my beret il going ot do that for the decrease row instead og the sc

http://www.planetjune.com has a great tutorial on an invisible single crochet decrease. That's all I ever use for sc dec.

Good morning my dears!

Oh and to clarify, nope didn't make those two bags in one day, just 'finished' them yesterday so decided to post! I'm back into bag mode big time! I've given so many away but now I'm thinking of posting them on etsy, to make some money to.....you guessed it, buy more yarn!

Mama Kuddles

So glad you clarified, I was thinking, GEE, I'm slower than I thought! :lol You should do wonderful selling on etsy. They are gorgeous. Another idea may be to sell off of a facebook page. I have friends in OK that sell jewelry and other stuff by just posting pics and their friends snatch them up! That way, no fees!

Good Morning World :hi Last night I was finally able to sit and get in a few good hours of crochet time while watching a movie (Shawshank Redemption). Hubby was camping and youngest son was out doing his thing. Kinda nice to have the remote to myself. lol

I can't remeber who is doing what - but someone is on vacation and having fun. :cheer And I read about new puppies at another person's house :dog That is so much fun! And who was lucky enough to go to a fair? Oh, that sounds fun.

And Sue, yup, I know what you did. Can't wait to see pics and good luck on your test.

Tam - Congrats on the success of the fundraiser!!!! That is awesome!

Must get go work. Ick. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Toodles!

Good movie and you made me laugh about not remembering who is doing what. That's how I am trying to keep up with everyone. I read it, I'm interested, I just can't retain it. :lol

Good morning!!

Janna- It's ME!!! I'm the one on vacation!!!!:clap:clap It's a gorgeous sunny day out there- nice temps- and we're getting ready to head out in a few!!!! Just had breakfast and taking a few minutes to say hi!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hope you are having the most wonderful time ever! Have lots of fun and relax! :hug

Hi All,

I'm going to HL to get the yarn for my DD's friend's baby blanket (the one that needs to be done by Oct 2). Hopefully they will have what I want. Thinking of a camo and solid green color to go with it, then I can make the blanket and tote to match and it should be done in time.

Hope all are having a great day!! Wishing I was at home with a crochet hook in my hand!!

That sounds like cool colors. I think it's neat how you can do more than pink/blue or yellow/green for babies these days. Sure they'll love it. :hook

The boat trip stunk. 10 foot seas = chum in the water. :( I was fine going out and coming back, but riding the gulf stream kicked my butt. Still feeling sick.

I think I did well on the test. I hope.

:turtle:vheart

So sorry about the boat trip. :hug Saw the pic of the turtle being released though, so that was at least good. I bet you did great on the test. :cheer

Hi Everyone! It's been a long day, but I'm home, rested, and have a new feeding tube! The procedure went fairly well. They gave me some morphine just before since I was in so much pain last time, but they gave it by IM instead of IV and it didn't take effect until they were done! Needless to say, I felt everything, but I slept like a baby for a couple hours after I got back to DAY Stay! :lol The nurses are all sweethearts there. They even put on some rock n roll for me to listen to during the procedure. Good ole Beatles and CCR! Yeah! Thanks for you thoughts and prayers, they sure did help! :hug

Oh Ann, ouchie ouchie. So glad that is over for you and so sorry that the morphine kicked in late. double :hug :hug for you

:dog:dog plus :2rain:rain equals a mud pit in my backyard and thankfully i covered the furniture before they wee let in. they both had to be hosed down in the shower they were so full of mud.

Know that well! Mud pit in front yard, back yard, side yard. lol I am SO thankful that one of my dogs is hairless and the other is so short coated, she's next best thing to hairless. :lol

I'm almost done working up this pattern so yay for that. Want to get back to a few more squares. :hugs around.

Tina, Nicole, Melani and a few others. I seem to be missing when you post if you are. Sorry about that and hope ya'll are all well. :hi

:hi everyone!!

The wedding was beautiful! My sister and I filled in for Mom and lit the Unity candle with Anna's mom. My brother found a picture of my step-dad (his dad, died in Jan '91) that was "professionally" done and took one of the photos of my mom at our other brother's wedding and his neighbor was able to put them together into one picture for the memorial table. The final product looks AWESOME! I told my brother I would very much like a copy of that... As soon as I get some photos off my camera I'll put some up for you all. I promise! (Okay, Ann? :wink) :lol

The various totes and kitties in totes I've seen are all wonderful! (Ann, I can't imagine your DGD didn't absolutely LOVE her kitty tote - it's adorable!)

Just a quick check in for me... Feeling a bit under the weather, so I'm thinking I might take a couple Ibuprofen and sit in my crochet rocker for a while, then hit the hay! :)

:hug :hug :hug :hug for everybody!

Oh, and here's a picture of a tote bag I made a very dear friend as a belated birthday gift... (I can post it now because she's received it... and it's already on my computer...)

post-25611-135897698396_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897698387_thumb.jpg

Melani - great tote! I'm sure it was loved. Sounds like the wedding was really good. What a neat thing to do with the pictures.

Sue - sorry yesterday was such a bad day. Hope you did well on your test.

Ann - glad you're home and resting. Too bad the medicine didn't work until after the procedure was done.

Mama K - here I all thought you were "wonder tote woman"!! My kids think I can crochet an afghan in one day, so surely you can do 2 totes in a day :lol:lol

Tonya - Puppies and mud do not make a good combination! Glad you thought ahead to cover everything.

Got most of the yarn - they didn't have all the varigated one. Will have to go another HL to see if I can get it. At least I have enough to start it. Got ILTY in Mid Green and High Meadow Stripe. I really hope it looks good cause I won't have time to redo it if it doesn't . The color I really liked had pink in it, so I knew I couldn't use that one. The orange she liked, there wasn't enough of the solid color, so I opted for the green. Will post a picture once I'm done (and no, it won't be tomorrow :lol:lol).

The downside for today is I had to run an errand to Sam's and when I was leaving, I had backed out of the parking spot and another truck decided to back out before I could get out of the way. :eek No one was hurt but I will have to have the van fixed again (was rearended a year ago), hoping that since she backed into me, her insurance will fix it. If mine has to , well, I'll just leave as it is as I don't have $500 for the deductible.

Rest well everyone!

Good morning to all my girls!

Joanne, glad to hear your vaca is so nice! You deserve it!

Ann, hope you are feeling even better this morning! Don't overdo!

Ducky, you can do it!

Tonyal - mud = work. Mama does NOT like that! Ugh!

Stephanie, thanks! You know I tried to sell my felted bags on etsy and none sold. But they were more expensive. Maybe these would go better since I wouldn't charge as much. Thanks for the other info too! But I only have like 15 friends on facebook so doubt I'd sell too many that way! LOL

Melanie, great tote! Glad to hear how the wedding went!

Sherry, hi! Yup I am very fast but couldn't make 2 totes in one day! Although I sure can do one in one day if I don't have much else to do! Which is never.

Well got to get myself and Miss Thing ready for school. Today is school pictures! Yikes! Why so early!

Love from Mama Kuddles

Good Morning Everyone! I'm feeling some better today. Still a little sleepy, but could have something to do with the dreary weather outside too! :lol Once I wake up a little bit more I'm hoping to work on some friendship squares and maybe start on some Christmas presents. I also have an idea for a little purse for another GD that's turning 2 in a couple weeks. OH! DIL told me that Kaylee loves her Kit Kat purse!!! :yay Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :hug

Ducky, :hug

Tonyal, we only have little Juno right now, but at one time we had 4 BIG dogs, so I know your pain! :lol:hug

Stephanie, looking forward to seeing the pattern!!!

Melani, the wedding sounds beautiful! I'll be waiting for pics when your ready! :D The tote is very pretty!

Sherry, glad no one was hurt in the accident! Hope the other person's insurance covers it! :hug

Morning Mama K! I promise not to over do today! :hug Hope you and Miss Thing have a great day!

Hi Everyone! It's been a long day, but I'm home, rested, and have a new feeding tube! The procedure went fairly well. They gave me some morphine just before since I was in so much pain last time, but they gave it by IM instead of IV and it didn't take effect until they were done! Needless to say, I felt everything, but I slept like a baby for a couple hours after I got back to DAY Stay! :lol The nurses are all sweethearts there. They even put on some rock n roll for me to listen to during the procedure. Good ole Beatles and CCR! Yeah! Thanks for you thoughts and prayers, they sure did help! :hug

Sue, I'm so sorry about yesterday! :hug Glad you did well on the test though.

Glad it went well and you're feeling better! :hug

Thanks. Still feeling sick. Either vertigo is hanging on or inner ear infection. My left ear always hurts because of my TMJ, but this pain is different. IDK. :(

You are loving it, mud and all. ;)

So sorry about the boat trip. :hug Saw the pic of the turtle being released though, so that was at least good. I bet you did great on the test. :cheer

HUH? I think you saw a picture of a different facility releasing a turtle. Maybe Sara in Marathon (spear in the head)? We released 7 hatchling turtles, no big ones. Loggerheads we release on the beach, greens we release in the river, none ever out at sea.

:hi everyone!!

The wedding was beautiful! My sister and I filled in for Mom and lit the Unity candle with Anna's mom. My brother found a picture of my step-dad (his dad, died in Jan '91) that was "professionally" done and took one of the photos of my mom at our other brother's wedding and his neighbor was able to put them together into one picture for the memorial table. The final product looks AWESOME! I told my brother I would very much like a copy of that... As soon as I get some photos off my camera I'll put some up for you all. I promise! (Okay, Ann? :wink) :lol

The various totes and kitties in totes I've seen are all wonderful! (Ann, I can't imagine your DGD didn't absolutely LOVE her kitty tote - it's adorable!)

Just a quick check in for me... Feeling a bit under the weather, so I'm thinking I might take a couple Ibuprofen and sit in my crochet rocker for a while, then hit the hay! :)

:hug :hug :hug :hug for everybody!

Oh, and here's a picture of a tote bag I made a very dear friend as a belated birthday gift... (I can post it now because she's received it... and it's already on my computer...)

[ATTACH]45563[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45564[/ATTACH]

Glad the wedding went well. Cute tote!

All I can say is 8 hours of lectures on JCHAO policies, professionalism and material like that is inhumane. add to that sitting next to someone that was playing on her IPad, and making all sorts of noise about drove me batty :angry. The rudeness of some people.....

this is slkightly off topic but i figured i may get some answers here...i found a pattern that the smallest size is a 5-6...i am a size 1-2. it calls for an f hook for all sizes. if i were to use a smaller hook wouls the pattern still turn out correctly and if so what hook size do i need to use?

All I can say is 8 hours of lectures on JCHAO policies, professionalism and material like that is inhumane. add to that sitting next to someone that was playing on her IPad, and making all sorts of noise about drove me batty :angry. The rudeness of some people.....

That is a very long day! :hug:hug:hug

this is slkightly off topic but i figured i may get some answers here...i found a pattern that the smallest size is a 5-6...i am a size 1-2. it calls for an f hook for all sizes. if i were to use a smaller hook wouls the pattern still turn out correctly and if so what hook size do i need to use?

I have no idea Ducky. Hopefully someone else can help you. :hug

UGH! :hug

kuddles

HI all,

We had another nice day today and now we're settling into the room for the evening. I finished my son-in-law's scarf and started a Shelly scarf with Debbie Stoller's Bamboo ewe I had gotten on clearance while on vacation in Maryland earlier this summer.We had stopped at Starbucks to get me a Pumpkin Spice Latte and it was the most awesome store with lush leather comfy seats and ottomons. I talked DH into taking a little break so he got his Ipad out of the car and I got my crocheting!!!

Oh, I think I forgot to tell you that I had this fabulous Pumpkin Spice Ale last night- made right here in Williamsburg! My DD in Boston LOVES anything pumpkin almost as much as me (or maybe even more than me) so I bought a six pack to bring to her when I visit in October.

I read all the posts, but forgive me for not responding individually! I did see a very pretty tote by Melani--great colors!!!

HI all,

We had another nice day today and now we're settling into the room for the evening. I finished my son-in-law's scarf and started a Shelly scarf with Debbie Stoller's Bamboo ewe I had gotten on clearance while on vacation in Maryland earlier this summer.We had stopped at Starbucks to get me a Pumpkin Spice Latte and it was the most awesome store with lush leather comfy seats and ottomons. I talked DH into taking a little break so he got his Ipad out of the car and I got my crocheting!!!

Oh, I think I forgot to tell you that I had this fabulous Pumpkin Spice Ale last night- made right here in Williamsburg! My DD in Boston LOVES anything pumpkin almost as much as me (or maybe even more than me) so I bought a six pack to bring to her when I visit in October.

That sounds like an absolutely fabulous day. I am going to have to look for the pumpkin ale it sounds divine.

You are loving it, mud and all. ;)

I am having a ton of fun with them. today I had help with my homework....lol it involved them hanging over my laptop so I couldn't even see the screen and then lotto was helping me read. he put his foot right on my pages to make sure the pages didnt turn on their own. :lol

These two are absolute characters. all I could think of while I was at work was I wonder what the dogs are doing. I am going to miss them horribly when they go home.

A very long day today! Had to be there early to help in the office downstairs. The work has started on the new server. Hopefully it will work well. Had to do the payroll by hand (printer wouldn't work) but once I got it all figured out, the printer was back up and working. So payroll is done for tomorrow!! Now to figure out what else I can do while he works on the server.

Started on the blankie for DD's best friend. Not sure I"m gonna like it but we'll see how it goes. I've done 4 rows. maybe I should have justed used the solid green.

Sue - hope you're feeling better. How'd you do on the test?

Tonya - Glad you are enjoying the dogs! I really miss having one but since we rent, we can't have any and GS is allergic and terrified of any animal. So give your puppies a hug from me.

Ann - hope you had a good day and didn't overdo it!

Ducky - what is it you're wanting to make? If gauge is important, you'd have to do trial and error (time at the frog pond!!) to see if the smaller hook size would work. I've done smaller hooks for doll dresses and sometimes had to go down 1 or 2 sizes to get the right fit.

Didn't get much sleep last night as a cricket decided to sing of the night--finally went to another room just to get away from how loud it was so I could sleep! Rest well all!

sherry the pattern i have is for slippers.....theyre for myself and technically i dont walk......i just was trying to figure out how to "reduce" a pattern (well shrink it so to speak) from a size 5/6 to a 1/2. pattern is for an f hook.tomorrow im getting up with the chickens and trying different hooks...thinking maybe a "b" or "c" might work

Ann! How you feeling honey??

Sue, yes how did you do on that test? Are you feeling better??

Joanne/Tonyal - I agree with you! Mama loves pumpkin!

Joanne - glad to hear that your vaca is going to well!!!!!!!

To everyone else, have a great day! I'll be sitting in a dull, boring, did I say dull, regional meeting all day at a local hotel. At least it is only 5 minutes from my house!

Mama Kuddles

Good Morning Everyone! Well I almost feel human today! :lol I slept most of yesterday. I just couldn't get with it. I managed to wake up enough towards late afternoon and made a friendship square. It came out pretty decent, so I couldn't have been too bad, lol! That's all I had in me though. I just looked at patterns and watched tv. Headed to bed early. I need to start getting some energy some I can get some projects done around here. Christmas is coming! Hope you all have a great day! :hug

Joanne, so glad that you're having a nice vacation! Never heard of pumpkin ale. Sounds interesting! I love pumpkin. Have you ever had pumpkin ice cream? YUM!!! Guifford's of Maine makes a great one!

Tonya, the dogs sound so cute! Glad you are enjoying them!

Sherry, I'm sure the blanket is going to be beautiful! Hope you get some rest tonight. Those darn crickets can be soooo loud! We had one in the house last week that was driving me nuts! :lol

Ducky, how's the slipper pattern working out?

Mama K, good luck in that mtg! :hug

Sue, hope you're feeling better! :hug

Marisa, oh Marisa, where are you? How are you doing???? Has anyone heard from her? She must be super busy!

Thinking of you all and wishing you the best!!!! :hug

Ann - I'm glad you're feeling at least a little bit better. :hug

My bathroom remodel started this morning. :yuck My poor cats are so freaked out. They are locked in bedrooms except Oliver who managed to escape. Then he hid underneath the couch where I couldn't get to him. They might get it all done today. If not, they'll be there for a few hours to do the grout work tomorrow. I pray it's all done today. I don't want my cats to develope nervous conditions and lose their fur. Plus, I don't want to take a half day off work. :D Though, I could get some crocheting done. Hmm...:idea

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ GOOD MORNING MY LOVELIES ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

how is everyone doing?

Gosh I miss you guys! I have been so busy getting ready for the craft fair this weekend! I'm super excited about it! You ladies are such a blessing to me! All the items that was sent that didnt go in the Fundraiser will go on my craft table in hopes to sell and bring in more $$$ for hubby!!! I'm working on my pricing sheet today!

I have to be honest... I have not been good at all at keeping up with whats going on with you all! I am so sorry!

Its a beautiful Fall day here today... sun is shinning... there is a cool crispness in the air.... birds are peeping... deer and other animals are rustling in the woods ........ Today is a good day for soup! Just might have to make a pot of homemade soup this afternoon! hmmm... yeah.... that sounds like a good idea! Poor Patrick is getting wisdom teeth in ... so a nice soft dinner would be nice for him! :)

It was Homecoming this last weekend........ Patrick looked fantastic in his tux once again this year!

post-18634-135897698518_thumb.jpg

He had so much fun at the dance!

In November my sweet Michael gets to have his first school dance! :D

7th & 8th grade Winter Dance.... LOL... He is gonna be so cute!

Now my little David has been busy crafting and creating! I helped him work on a Science project where he had to create a 'cell' hehehehee... we made his from a pizza... so when he was done giving his demonstration.. the class got to eat it!

He has two pet praying mantis now! OMy!

Well.... back to work here. I need to keep getting this ready for the Fair! You all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897698508_thumb.jpg

Archived