crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Joanne, have fun at the party honey! Dang tolls......oh well, you'll make up for it by all the fun you will have at the party! 50? A mere child!

kuddles

Agreed- I'd love to be 50 again:lol Few more weeks and I'm heading towards sixty---- (I'll be 56---shhhhh):lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ann, I'm working on KISS turtle for my boss' birthday present. :)

:turtle:vheart

Ok, ya got me. KISS turtle? Please explain.... as in the rock group?

I'm picturing a turtle dressed up like gene simmons, white face, blood drooling, spiked boots!:lol

Ann - not sure how to motivate you! We've all been there.....it will come trust me. Maybe you aren't meant to crochet today! Do something else!

And all my other peeps, make today special. Hug someone. Tell someone you love them. Make someone else's day special today and you will receive it back! I promise!

Love to all my gals!

Mama Kuddles

Thanks Mama! I haven't done much of anything yet today. Just browsing CPC and playing on Pogo. My tummy is really bad. I am thinking of starting the shawl though. Maybe once it's on my hook it will get me going! Love your words of wisdom! :hug

Good morning!!

Ann- Sometimes, we just don't feel like using the hook and yarn!!! But I know the feeling of when you have a list of things a mile long to make and don't feel like working on any of it!!! Maybe just read a book (if you like to read that is) or do something else?

I'm heading to a friend's 50th birthday party this afternoon so that should be a fun time.. Only thing is why couldn't they wait another week before raising the tolls on the bridges?????

Have a good day one and all!

I do love to read. That's a great idea. I just might do that. Have a great time at the party!

I'm picturing a turtle dressed up like gene simmons, white face, blood drooling, spiked boots!:lol

:rofl that would be one awesome turtle. and sue if you pull that off I have a request for motley crue ones like they dressed in the 80's :D

Joanne! Didn't realize you and I, right now, are the exact same age! I just KNEW we had a connection! LOL

Have fun!

kuddles

Party was fun and food was good and now I'm home and the Yankees are beating the Red Sox!!! Had no idea we were the same (almost) age...:)
:rofl that would be one awesome turtle. and sue if you pull that off I have a request for motley crue ones like they dressed in the 80's :D
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Ok, ya got me. KISS turtle? Please explain.... as in the rock group? I was wondering the same thing!!!!

Thanks Mama! I haven't done much of anything yet today. Just browsing CPC and playing on Pogo. My tummy is really bad. I am thinking of starting the shawl though. Maybe once it's on my hook it will get me going! Love your words of wisdom! :hug

I do love to read. That's a great idea. I just might do that. Have a great time at the party!

Hope your tummy is starting to feel better:hug

KISS = Keeping It Simple and Straightforward...:lol Here's the pattern link.

:rofl

Oh, that would be good too! :D

Party was fun and food was good and now I'm home and the Yankees are beating the Red Sox!!! Had no idea we were the same (almost) age...:)

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hope your tummy is starting to feel better:hug

Glad you had a good time! I haven't read yet, but I did take a nap and got caught up on my shows that were saved on DVR! Tummy is still real yucky. :(

Hi All,

A very tiring day. Oldest GS decided to throw a fit instead of going to the football game. Mom had to come and talk him into going. We talked all the way to the game and I told him I was going to talk with coach. Coach wasn't happy with him, being disrespectful to his mom and me, not obeying. So he'll be doing extra running at practice on Monday. They had 2 games and didn't win either one. First was 49-0 and I didn't even look at the second one as they called it due to the high score of the other team.

Did get a nap though. We came home after the first game (littest GS and I) and took a nap. He slept all afternoon until it was time to go to the next game.

Supposed to have one or two games tomorrow. Still not sure about the tournament. I'm really hoping that they only have the regular game at 5.

Well, I was working on the baby blanket this afternoon (after I got up from my nap) and ran out of the varigated yarn. HL wasn't close enough to either game for me to stop and get more yarn. They didn't have enough when I bought it the other day but I"ve not been able to get to another HL to see if they have what I need. Since they are closed, it will have to wait until Monday. I can start on the SBT since I bought extra solid color.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Good morning!!

Sherry- What a day you had yesterday!! Hope today is much calmer and relaxing for you!!

I'm up early - and today is my last day of vacation so I'm savoring every moment of it! I'll be heading out to AC Moore when they open to take advantage of the yarn sale. Yes, I'm addicted to Yarn (as well as coffee)

Speaking of coffee, the pot is ready, so time to indulge!!!

:ccompute

:( I take it thats a no for the motley crue ones?????

You could always add some long blonde hair and headband... :lol

Hi All,

A very tiring day. Oldest GS decided to throw a fit instead of going to the football game. Mom had to come and talk him into going. We talked all the way to the game and I told him I was going to talk with coach. Coach wasn't happy with him, being disrespectful to his mom and me, not obeying. So he'll be doing extra running at practice on Monday. They had 2 games and didn't win either one. First was 49-0 and I didn't even look at the second one as they called it due to the high score of the other team.

Did get a nap though. We came home after the first game (littest GS and I) and took a nap. He slept all afternoon until it was time to go to the next game.

Supposed to have one or two games tomorrow. Still not sure about the tournament. I'm really hoping that they only have the regular game at 5.

Well, I was working on the baby blanket this afternoon (after I got up from my nap) and ran out of the varigated yarn. HL wasn't close enough to either game for me to stop and get more yarn. They didn't have enough when I bought it the other day but I"ve not been able to get to another HL to see if they have what I need. Since they are closed, it will have to wait until Monday. I can start on the SBT since I bought extra solid color.

That seems like a lot of games for kids to handle. Get some rest!! :hug

Good morning!!

Sherry- What a day you had yesterday!! Hope today is much calmer and relaxing for you!!

I'm up early - and today is my last day of vacation so I'm savoring every moment of it! I'll be heading out to AC Moore when they open to take advantage of the yarn sale. Yes, I'm addicted to Yarn (as well as coffee)

Enjoy your last day of vacation! I miss having an AC Moore around here. :(

Good morning! :clap Boy you guys were sure chatty last nite! I feel like I missed a lot!

Especially the KISS turtle comments, Ann you crack me up! :P

Speaking of Ann, hope your tummy is better! :hug

Joanne, enjoy and savor your last day of vaca! :yay

Sue, hope you have a decent day and you feel better! :yes

To everyone else, just simply have a great day! :manyheart

Mama Kuddles

:( I take it thats a no for the motley crue ones?????

Guess we're on our own :( Time to put the thinking caps on! :D

Hi All,

Boy, you've had a day! Hope you can find the yarn you need and things go smoother today. :hug

Good morning!!

Enjoy your last day of vacation! Sure wish I could get to AC Moore today too!

Good morning! :clap Boy you guys were sure chatty last nite! I feel like I missed a lot!

Especially the KISS turtle comments, Ann you crack me up! :P

Speaking of Ann, hope your tummy is better! :hug

Joanne, enjoy and savor your last day of vaca! :yay

Sue, hope you have a decent day and you feel better! :yes

To everyone else, just simply have a great day! :manyheart

Mama Kuddles

Thanks Mama, tummy's still not so hot, I'm thinking maybe it's a virus I picked up. :think I'm hoping it's that at least and not the gp getting worse. Don't know how much worse it can get, lol!

Have a fantabulous day everyone!!!! Hugs to all that need them!!! :hug

Good morning all!

No tournament game today--yea!! I'm really not too disappointed and I'm sure the boys will be glad they only have one game today. It's so hard for them, not all the boys show up for practice but there's not enough on the team to say "if you're not at practice, you can't play". There's usually 8 or 9 at practice and there's 14 on the team.

We do have a regular game at 5, but hopefully they will be rested and ready to play.

Can't get any yarn until tomorrow--I understand why HL is closed but it's sooooo hard when it's the only place I can get the yarn. Will have to use my lunch to drive to the other one that's a few miles further.

Joanne - enjoy your last day of vacation!!

Sue - hope you and your buddy Matt have a good day!

Ann - get to feeling better!

Mama K - hope you and DD have had a great weekend!

Some sad news for my family. I always read the obits everyday. Last night I saw where a dear family friend has passed away, she was 83. She will be missed by a lot of people. Haven't told my DDs yet, the youngest one was very close to her, so she will be very upset.

Hugs to all!

Hugs and prayers Sherry on the loss of your family friend!! Glad to hear that you at least got a break from the games today!

I went to AC Moore, but alas, I was not the winner of the $100 yarn shopping spree or the yarn basket, but I did run into a friend while there waiting to see who the lucky winner was.

I did buy some yarn (who can resist?)

The Giants won against the Eagles today!! It was an upset since my Giants were expected to lose!! All in all, a good day.....and I still have a few more hours of hook time left!!!

Sherry, :hug Sorry for the loss of your friend. :hug

Joanne, you and Pop are way up on :c9 with the Giants and Yankees. I had to rub it in at dinner last week (or the week before) when the Redskins beat the Giants. I only root for the Giants twice a year, when they play against the Cowboys! :lol

Thanks for your hugs and kind words in the loss of my dear friend. Since we've moved we've not seen her as much but I thought of her alot. She was a wonderful Christian lady who was a great prayer warrior. She helped me through a lot while my kids were growing up.

Well, we didn't go to the regular game. GS decided that he didn't want to get dressed to go. (We had problems with him yesterday as well but ended up going, just being late). Coach was going to make him run extra at practice tomorrow night, guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow night--if we can even get him in the van. :(:( I know he's really tired and we had problems last year with tantrums because he was so tired. I ended up putting him to bed by 8:00 every night and it seemed to help.

I am doing a SBT, in navy blue for my GS (he requested one in blue). At least I have something to work on since I'll be home this evening.

Have a good evening all.

sorry for my absence yesterday...BUT......we raised over 5000 for the benefit altogether!!!

ALL the bags and b;ankies i had donated went to good homes!

we were kept busy at the table where people came to buy their dinners.

7 a plate that consisted of chicken and dumplings, mashed taters, corn and green beans.

we left early before the band started due to my getting one of my blasted headaches but im already planning things for next year!

Good morning all!

No tournament game today--yea!! I'm really not too disappointed and I'm sure the boys will be glad they only have one game today. It's so hard for them, not all the boys show up for practice but there's not enough on the team to say "if you're not at practice, you can't play". There's usually 8 or 9 at practice and there's 14 on the team.

We do have a regular game at 5, but hopefully they will be rested and ready to play.

Can't get any yarn until tomorrow--I understand why HL is closed but it's sooooo hard when it's the only place I can get the yarn. Will have to use my lunch to drive to the other one that's a few miles further.

Joanne - enjoy your last day of vacation!!

Sue - hope you and your buddy Matt have a good day!

Ann - get to feeling better!

Mama K - hope you and DD have had a great weekend!

Some sad news for my family. I always read the obits everyday. Last night I saw where a dear family friend has passed away, she was 83. She will be missed by a lot of people. Haven't told my DDs yet, the youngest one was very close to her, so she will be very upset.

Hugs to all!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :hug Glad you got a little break from the games.

Hugs and prayers Sherry on the loss of your family friend!! Glad to hear that you at least got a break from the games today!

I went to AC Moore, but alas, I was not the winner of the $100 yarn shopping spree or the yarn basket, but I did run into a friend while there waiting to see who the lucky winner was.

I did buy some yarn (who can resist?)

The Giants won against the Eagles today!! It was an upset since my Giants were expected to lose!! All in all, a good day.....and I still have a few more hours of hook time left!!!

Ahh, I was hoping to find out that you were the big winner! Oh well, glad you didn't waste your time there and got some yarn! :D

Thanks for your hugs and kind words in the loss of my dear friend. Since we've moved we've not seen her as much but I thought of her alot. She was a wonderful Christian lady who was a great prayer warrior. She helped me through a lot while my kids were growing up.

Well, we didn't go to the regular game. GS decided that he didn't want to get dressed to go. (We had problems with him yesterday as well but ended up going, just being late). Coach was going to make him run extra at practice tomorrow night, guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow night--if we can even get him in the van. :(:( I know he's really tired and we had problems last year with tantrums because he was so tired. I ended up putting him to bed by 8:00 every night and it seemed to help.

I am doing a SBT, in navy blue for my GS (he requested one in blue). At least I have something to work on since I'll be home this evening.

Have a good evening all.

If memory serves me right, my dgs did the same thing one year. He just didn't want to play. Then the next year he hemmed and hawwed, but now he loves the game! Go figure! They do put them through a lot in practice. Could it be that? Enjoy making the SBT! My gs's favorite color is blue! That's why I made his blue too! :)

sorry for my absence yesterday...BUT......we raised over 5000 for the benefit altogether!!!

ALL the bags and b;ankies i had donated went to good homes!

we were kept busy at the table where people came to buy their dinners.

7 a plate that consisted of chicken and dumplings, mashed taters, corn and green beans.

we left early before the band started due to my getting one of my blasted headaches but im already planning things for next year!

That's wonderful!!!!

Sherry, :hug Sorry for the loss of your friend. :hug

Joanne, you and Pop are way up on :c9 with the Giants and Yankees. I had to rub it in at dinner last week (or the week before) when the Redskins beat the Giants. I only root for the Giants twice a year, when they play against the Cowboys! :lol

I root for any team that is playing the Cowboys:lol:lol So tonight- it's the Redskins I'll be pulling for:cheer

Archived