crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woulds anybody care to join me in a happy dance???????????????

OMGosh! ive been in business for myself for nearly a year and just tomight made my first sale!!! the customer was happy enough with their purchase they said theyd definitely be ordering from me again!

as martha stewart would say "its a giid thing"

Ducky - congrats on your first sale!!! May you have many more!

Love Kilroy!! You did a great job on it.

Toni - Glad to hear from you!! Have missed you here.

Mama K - glad you had a good evening with DD.

Sue - don't overdo--get some rest!!

Congrats Ann on getting Mama K's bag!! I'm sure it will be well used and loved!

Thanks for all the thoughts, the day was better, some stress just not like the last 3 days. Still working on getting the server going. It will probably be sometime next week before everything is up and running.

Got to crochet last night, this morning for 30 minutes (got to work early and decided to crochet) and a couple of rows done tonight. Probably won't get much done this weekend as GS has 4 games--2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. He'll be exhausted and I think I will be too. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Have a great evening all! Hugs to all

:hi

I posted photos of my brother's wedding HERE: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2349347#post2349347

I thought it would be easier to just let you all know where they are, since there are quite a few pictures... :wink

I'll be back to get caught up (again) soon!!!

:hug all around...

I believe I might be caught up on things; I hope. :lol

The Kilroy bag is awesome! Too funny... :clap

Good luck to Ducky and Tam this weekend; I hope your tables sell out!!! :manyheart

I hope the bathroom renovation is completed ASAP. :yes

Great to hear from you, Toni!! :hug

Sending :hug to all of you, I know there were some other things that either cracked me up or I wanted to comment on, however they have left my mind... :eek

Y'all take care now, and I'll be better about checking in more regularly so I can multi-quote. It's much easier for me to have a page or two to read rather than 5 or 6... you know what I'm talking about!! :blush Plus if I quote, that reminds me of what I wanted to comment on!!! :rofl

Okay, off to finish a couple squares and whatnot...

Toodles!!!

Good morning!! Happy First Day of FALL----my most favorite season of them all!!!

Loved the pictures, Melani--it sure looks like it was a FUN wedding!!! Your children are beautiful!!!!

Congrats on your first sale Ducky!

Not much new to report on the home front-it's a grey dreary, humid day out there- with rain on the way. Doesn't feel like Fall....

I guess I'll just have to spend some time reading, crocheting, relaxing......

Have a good day all!!!

Hello all! A quick good morning before getting Miss Thing ready for school and starting my day!

Another staycation! Boss will be in Champaign today at a regional mtg! Woot!

I do have to go to the state office......but otherwise, just another day.

however....

IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Wootie Woot Woot day all!

Mama Kuddles

Hello all! A quick good morning before getting Miss Thing ready for school and starting my day!

however....

Mama Kuddles

Enjoy the staycation!!!! And Wootie Woot Woot right back at you:hug

That's too cute!!

Thanks Sue. Hope your workload is easing and your back to feeling better.

Hi all,

Steph- That is sooooo cute!!! I don't know who Kilroy is, but that bag is mighty darn cute!! Hope you and DD had fun at the rodeo!

I had a wonderfully relaxing day today!!! Went to Joann's (wish we had a SUPER Joanns like Mama K), and also went to ACMoore. Not much jumped in my cart but I did use some coupons!!!! This afternoon, I stopped by DD's house, we had lunch together and then she, Ryan and I came to my house for Ryan to have a change in scenery. We had a great afternoon and we took a nice long walk.

I could really get used to not having to go to work!!!:yes

Thank you Joanne. :U Kilroy is a drawing that's been around since WW2. He is usually accompanied by the words 'Kilroy was here'. Mom used to draw him for me but it wasn't until many years later that I found out his name. :lol Here is a link with some legends of how it started as well as sightings. I know around here, someone has even put him on a billboard. :P

http://www.kilroywashere.org/001-Pages/01-0KilroyLegends.html

Glad you got some relaxin' done. I'm with you on not going to work. I usually work at home and that spoils me so it's harder when I have to go out like today.

I think it is way cute!

kuddles

Thank you Kuddles.

Hi Everyone! Longggggggg day, but I had a wonderful surprise when I got home! I was the lucky recipient of Mama K’s Snow Topped Mountains Tote! I am on :c9! My day got much better after I opened my mail! :lol

Stephanie, I LOVE Kilroy!!! Hope you had fun at the rodeo!

Thanks Ann! It was fun but freezing cold even with blankets and coats. Still, glad we went. And a big CONGRATS on getting the Snow Topped Mountain Tote!! :yay Couldn't have went to a better girl. :hug

Adorable

I feel like I've been gone forever! Hugs & Prayers to everyone who needs/wants them. Between work & my youngest dd's cheerleading, their hasn't been a lot of time to visit or crochet.

Thanks Lisa. Hope you are doing well and that you pop in again soon.

Too cute!! Love him. :manyheart

Thanks Nicole! I finally caught up to your posts!!! :hi So glad you got your bathroom done. It was nice of your friend to let you shower over but nothing like having your own all finished. :hug

woulds anybody care to join me in a happy dance???????????????

OMGosh! ive been in business for myself for nearly a year and just tomight made my first sale!!! the customer was happy enough with their purchase they said theyd definitely be ordering from me again!

as martha stewart would say "its a giid thing"

Congrats :cheer Ducky!

Love Kilroy!! You did a great job on it.

Thanks for all the thoughts, the day was better, some stress just not like the last 3 days. Still working on getting the server going. It will probably be sometime next week before everything is up and running.

Got to crochet last night, this morning for 30 minutes (got to work early and decided to crochet) and a couple of rows done tonight. Probably won't get much done this weekend as GS has 4 games--2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. He'll be exhausted and I think I will be too. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Have a great evening all! Hugs to all

Thank you. Was going to say maybe you could get some relaxin' done this weekend but looks like you are going to be busy! At least the games should be fun and not stressful. Hope next week at work is better for you!

:hi

I posted photos of my brother's wedding HERE: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2349347#post2349347

I thought it would be easier to just let you all know where they are, since there are quite a few pictures... :wink

I'll be back to get caught up (again) soon!!!

:hug all around...

LOVE the pictures. Especially the one on the beach where they are all up in the air! Awesome. Looks like a fun wedding.

I believe I might be caught up on things; I hope. :lol

The Kilroy bag is awesome! Too funny... :clap

s

Sending :hug to all of you, I know there were some other things that either cracked me up or I wanted to comment on, however they have left my mind... :eek

Y'all take care now, and I'll be better about checking in more regularly so I can multi-quote. It's much easier for me to have a page or two to read rather than 5 or 6... you know what I'm talking about!! :blush Plus if I quote, that reminds me of what I wanted to comment on!!! :rofl

Okay, off to finish a couple squares and whatnot...

Toodles!!!

Thanks and I know exactly what you are saying. When I'm gone and 4 or 5 pages go by, I hit unread messages arrow but sometimes it skips some pages. grrrr.

Not much new to report on the home front-it's a grey dreary, humid day out there- with rain on the way. Doesn't feel like Fall....

Have a good day all!!!

however....

Mama Kuddles

Hi ladies!

The bathroom is done!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:yay:woo I can use the shower tonight. I don't have to go somewhere else to bathe. Ahh, it's the small things in life. :lol

Well, I got a couple squares done at the rodeo last night. Yep, I took my crochet. Until my fingers froze. :lol Got 5 hr round trip today and hopefully at the end of it, will have a new client. Hope you all have a great day and weekend. :hug

Hi everyone! Joanne, the staycation was wonderful! Thanks for wooting back to me! I still have the framed WOOT! on my desk! LOVE it!

Hi Sue! I miss ya! But I understand how busy you are! Some day you'll have two seconds to breathe, I promise!

Hugs and love to all!

Mama Kuddles

Hi Everyone! Not on top of my game today. Started of the day with a visit to a nutritionist (dr's orders, bleh), then came home and slept! :eek I need to get my hooks moving! Have a wonderful evening all! :hug

Nicole, Yay! The bathroom is done! :cheer Don’t want you twitching, :lol!

Ducky, congrats on the sale!!!:yay

Sherry, glad you got some crochet time in!

Melani, thanks for sharing the wedding pics! They are wonderful! Your kids are beautiful! Looks like a fun wedding and everyone had a great time.

Stephanie, I love your new Kilroy bag! Glad you enjoyed the rodeo. Too bad it was so cold. Hope you got a new client today!

Hi Sue! Hope work and school are treating you good!

Mama K, glad you had a good day!

Joanne, glad that you’re enjoying vaca! It’s pouring out here. Nice day to stay indoors and crochet!

Hi ladies!

The bathroom is done!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:yay:woo I can use the shower tonight. I don't have to go somewhere else to bathe. Ahh, it's the small things in life. :lol

Now that calls for a WOOT!!!:yay:clap

Thank you Joanne. :U Kilroy is a drawing that's been around since WW2. He is usually accompanied by the words 'Kilroy was here'. Mom used to draw him for me but it wasn't until many years later that I found out his name. :lol Here is a link with some legends of how it started as well as sightings. I know around here, someone has even put him on a billboard. :P

http://www.kilroywashere.org/001-Pages/01-0KilroyLegends.html

Glad you got some relaxin' done. I'm with you on not going to work. I usually work at home and that spoils me so it's harder when I have to go out like today.

Got 5 hr round trip today and hopefully at the end of it, will have a new client. Hope you all have a great day and weekend. :hug

Thanks for the link about kilroy- it was very interesting!!!!Hope that after your 5 hr round trip you have a new client!!!!!

HI! That's all I needed to say. :lol

Hi Joanne!! :hug Just feel like I haven't "talked" to you in forever. :)

:turtle:vheart

:lol I was thinking the same thing...I know how busy you are with school and work!!! Glad you are feeling better from the beginning of the week. So, Pop and I are on cloud 9:c9 with the Yankees!!! I'm a little worried about the playoffs though--their pitching leaves something to be desired;)

Hi everyone! Joanne, the staycation was wonderful! Thanks for wooting back to me! I still have the framed WOOT! on my desk! LOVE it!

Hi Sue! I miss ya! But I understand how busy you are! Some day you'll have two seconds to breathe, I promise!

Hugs and love to all!

Mama Kuddles

WOOT!:lol I'm addicted to that saying----and it's all your fault!:lol

Hi Everyone! Not on top of my game today. Started of the day with a visit to a nutritionist (dr's orders, bleh), then came home and slept! :eek I need to get my hooks moving! Have a wonderful evening all! :hug

Joanne, glad that you’re enjoying vaca! It’s pouring out here. Nice day to stay indoors and crochet!

It's pouring here too Ann-- it did stop for a bit this afternoon-not long, but long enough where I went out and then went to get my Ryan fix:) I also took a nap today:eek which is very unusual for me---but boy it felt good!!!!!

Good morning!! Happy First Day of FALL----my most favorite season of them all!!!

Loved the pictures, Melani--it sure looks like it was a FUN wedding!!! Your children are beautiful!!!!

Congrats on your first sale Ducky!

Have a good day all!!!

Thank you Joanne! I think so, biased as it may sound! :lol It was a lot of fun, my brothers crack me up continually so it was kind of expected... :wink

I have to 2nd the congrats to Ducky - just getting back into the swing of checking in, and I can't remember if I said congrats or not; I meant to, so just in case I haven't, CONGRATS, DUCKY!! :D

We had a beautiful rainbow this evening!! post-25611-135897699167_thumb.jpg And it wasn't bad out; a little chilly until this afternoon, pretty much the perfect day for me.

Hi ladies!

Whaddaya mean, SMALL??? Not having a working bathroom is not a SMALL thing, it is HUGE - so WOOT WOOTY WOOTINGTON on getting yours back!! :cheer:yay:clap

LOVE the pictures. Especially the one on the beach where they are all up in the air! Awesome. Looks like a fun wedding.

Thanks and I know exactly what you are saying. When I'm gone and 4 or 5 pages go by, I hit unread messages arrow but sometimes it skips some pages. grrrr.

Well, I got a couple squares done at the rodeo last night. Yep, I took my crochet. Until my fingers froze. :lol Got 5 hr round trip today and hopefully at the end of it, will have a new client. Hope you all have a great day and weekend. :hug

Here's to hoping you got the new client!! :tup

Thanks for all the compliments on the wedding; we all had a lot of fun, the newlyweds are heading home now, Anna texted me a short while ago saying they'd be getting off the train in about a half an hour. They had lots of fun...

It's great to be caught up again! :yes

:hug to all!! :ghug

melani thanks for the congrats.....the rainbow pic you posted caught my attention...maybe because i have a rainbow on my business cards!

anubody that would like a business card from me let me know and ill get one out to you ASAP. if you request one please pm me your address.

purse near completion for tomorrow :)

Hi there everybody!! Remember me??? The one that had made around 26/27 Stash Buster Totes!!! I feel as if I fell off the face of the earth(so to speak)!! About the end of June, dh and I went looking to buy a home!! But before than, I told dh that I wanted to "pre-qualify" before I started looking at homes. So we filled out all the necessary paper and off we went looking at homes. There are some really weird floor plans out there!! It took us about almost a month to finally find something that we were both happy with. It's a brand new home. So we have been trying to move in. My "new" craft room is just as messy as my "old" craft room!! LOL (And I don't think my dh was too happy with all the boxes and totes of yarn that I had)!!!!! LOL With all the yarn that I "unexpectedly" found(haha), I can probably make 25 more SBT's!! :lol :lol The first week that dh and I lived in our new home, he was at work, I went into the garage to start work on my craft room, I noticed something that was red and black....I looked and I looked.....thought maybe it was yarn or ribbon, then I thought, no I don't have anything like that......so I looked some more......then I thought, it's a *$#@* baby snake!!! Okay, I was born in Arizona, so I should be used to snakes, tarantulas, etc. etc. etc. Well, I'M NOT!! :lol:eek:eek It started to move.....I'm still standing there thinking what to do with this "giant" snake(it was about a foot long or shorter). I ran to get my broom, okay, standing there with broom, what do I do now....I finally got the courage and swept it out to the driveway....it started "slithering" and had it's neck(do they have a neck), anyway, he was ready to "attack"....I swept him some more and he slithered into the gravel. Then the next week, I'm taking groceries out of my van when something "stringy" catches my eye.........I look.......it's a "dead" baby black and white snake!! I start thinking that maybe my van or my dh's truck ran over it!! :eek :eek Geez, I want to move back to my old home at this time!! :eek :eek :lol :lol I was told that the Red and Black snake is a King snake and it is a "good" snake, cuz it keeps the "Rattle" snakes away!!! HUH!! And after that, I went to the garage and I heard "noise", like nails walking on a tile floor.....okay, I thought it has to be a lizard cuz snakes don't make that kind of noise. So I was afraid to step foot in the garage until hubby was home. One day I went to garage and I saw the darn lizard.....it was a baby lizard(whew), hubby came home from work, found it and showed him the way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess that's what happens when you live in a kind of new subdivision in the Arizona desert!!

Anyway, don't mean to go on and on and on and on!! :lol

I want to very much "APOLOGIZE" to you Sue (TurtleLover), you had asked for my SBT lining pattern....at that time I was on pins and needles to see if we would qualify for a house!! The first few SBT's, I used Red Heard yarn. I used my 9" pie plate to measure the bottom of the tote. I cut two 9" pieces(make the bottom of tote sturdier), then I pinned fabric around the circle and added a 1/2" seam, and the top I folded about an inch under and sewed it to the 21 st row. I added two pockets....I think I googled, "how to make fabric pockets". But then I made some SBT's using Caron simply soft yarn....I had to use an 8" circle for bottom. I have found that the different brands of yarn, I seem to have to make up a new lining pattern. Again, Sue, I am so sorry I didn't get to you sooner!!:blush :blush

And MooMoo(Lillilbet), I had promised cotton yarn scraps......I have a box started for you......please, please, please forgive!!:blush :blush

Oh and to top things off.....last Sunday we went out of town, before coming home, we were at some peoples home.....I had a turkey sandwich and potato salad....well on our 3 & 1/2 hr. drive back home...I got so sick....I was severely sick, I think it was the potato salad. I guess I got some form of food poisoning. I was in bed for almost 6 days. I didn't even feel like crocheting. Today is the first day that I feel almost normal!! Great talking to you all.....have a great weekend!! Cris :) (didn't mean to be so loooong "winded"!! :lol :lol

Wow - great to hear from you!! Congratulations on your new home, and good luck with getting rid of snakes, etc... and don't even worry about being "long winded", it's exciting news!!! :lol

Welcome back!!

We had a beautiful rainbow this evening!! [ATTACH]45722[/ATTACH] And it wasn't bad out; a little chilly until this afternoon, pretty much the perfect day for me.

Thanks for all the compliments on the wedding; we all had a lot of fun, the newlyweds are heading home now, Anna texted me a short while ago saying they'd be getting off the train in about a half an hour. They had lots of fun...

It's great to be caught up again! :yes

:hug to all!! :ghug

The rainbow is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pic! Glad the honeymooners had a nice time!

Hi there everybody!! Remember me??? The one that had made around 26/27 Stash Buster Totes!!! I feel as if I fell off the face of the earth(so to speak)!! About the end of June, dh and I went looking to buy a home!! But before than, I told dh that I wanted to "pre-qualify" before I started looking at homes. So we filled out all the necessary paper and off we went looking at homes. There are some really weird floor plans out there!! It took us about almost a month to finally find something that we were both happy with. It's a brand new home. So we have been trying to move in. My "new" craft room is just as messy as my "old" craft room!! LOL (And I don't think my dh was too happy with all the boxes and totes of yarn that I had)!!!!! LOL With all the yarn that I "unexpectedly" found(haha), I can probably make 25 more SBT's!! :lol :lol The first week that dh and I lived in our new home, he was at work, I went into the garage to start work on my craft room, I noticed something that was red and black....I looked and I looked.....thought maybe it was yarn or ribbon, then I thought, no I don't have anything like that......so I looked some more......then I thought, it's a *$#@* baby snake!!! Okay, I was born in Arizona, so I should be used to snakes, tarantulas, etc. etc. etc. Well, I'M NOT!! :lol:eek:eek It started to move.....I'm still standing there thinking what to do with this "giant" snake(it was about a foot long or shorter). I ran to get my broom, okay, standing there with broom, what do I do now....I finally got the courage and swept it out to the driveway....it started "slithering" and had it's neck(do they have a neck), anyway, he was ready to "attack"....I swept him some more and he slithered into the gravel. Then the next week, I'm taking groceries out of my van when something "stringy" catches my eye.........I look.......it's a "dead" baby black and white snake!! I start thinking that maybe my van or my dh's truck ran over it!! :eek :eek Geez, I want to move back to my old home at this time!! :eek :eek :lol :lol I was told that the Red and Black snake is a King snake and it is a "good" snake, cuz it keeps the "Rattle" snakes away!!! HUH!! And after that, I went to the garage and I heard "noise", like nails walking on a tile floor.....okay, I thought it has to be a lizard cuz snakes don't make that kind of noise. So I was afraid to step foot in the garage until hubby was home. One day I went to garage and I saw the darn lizard.....it was a baby lizard(whew), hubby came home from work, found it and showed him the way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess that's what happens when you live in a kind of new subdivision in the Arizona desert!!

Anyway, don't mean to go on and on and on and on!! :lol

I want to very much "APOLOGIZE" to you Sue (TurtleLover), you had asked for my SBT lining pattern....at that time I was on pins and needles to see if we would qualify for a house!! The first few SBT's, I used Red Heard yarn. I used my 9" pie plate to measure the bottom of the tote. I cut two 9" pieces(make the bottom of tote sturdier), then I pinned fabric around the circle and added a 1/2" seam, and the top I folded about an inch under and sewed it to the 21 st row. I added two pockets....I think I googled, "how to make fabric pockets". But then I made some SBT's using Caron simply soft yarn....I had to use an 8" circle for bottom. I have found that the different brands of yarn, I seem to have to make up a new lining pattern. Again, Sue, I am so sorry I didn't get to you sooner!!:blush :blush

And MooMoo(Lillilbet), I had promised cotton yarn scraps......I have a box started for you......please, please, please forgive!!:blush :blush

Oh and to top things off.....last Sunday we went out of town, before coming home, we were at some peoples home.....I had a turkey sandwich and potato salad....well on our 3 & 1/2 hr. drive back home...I got so sick....I was severely sick, I think it was the potato salad. I guess I got some form of food poisoning. I was in bed for almost 6 days. I didn't even feel like crocheting. Today is the first day that I feel almost normal!! Great talking to you all.....have a great weekend!! Cris :) (didn't mean to be so loooong "winded"!! :lol :lol

Congrats on your new home!!! :yay It's so good to hear from you! Good luck getting rid of the creepy crawly things! Eww! I have some that sneak in my house every once in a while! Eeeck! I hate it!

Happy Saturday Everyone! What's everyone working on? Help motivate me to get a move on! :lol I need to start working on a comfort shawl for my DIL's mother. I bought the yarn the other day. It's staring at me! And I REALLY need to start my Christmas presents! Geez, why am I procrastinating? Because I want to make totes! But I'm not even doing that! :( I think I need a good :kick:lol. Have a terrific day everyone! :hug

Joanne, yes I'm sure you and Pop are happy on :c9 with the Yankees. I haven't seen him since last week or talked to him since Wed. I'm such a bad daughter, but he's retired and I'm up to my eyeballs! :lol

Cris, wow! What a story! Yes, kingsnakes are good snakes. They eat other snakes, not just keep them away. :) No worries on the lining pattern. I've been so busy I haven't had time to sew a stitch!

Ann, I'm working on KISS turtle for my boss' birthday present. :)

Hi Mama! Hi Sherry! Hi Ducky! Hi Marisa! Hi Melani! Hi John Boy! :lol And everyone else!

:turtle:vheart

Wow what a story Cris! I loved reading it! Glad to hear you got in a new home.....very exciting!

Ann - not sure how to motivate you! We've all been there.....it will come trust me. Maybe you aren't meant to crochet today! Do something else!

Joanne - you have a great day too!

And all my other peeps, make today special. Hug someone. Tell someone you love them. Make someone else's day special today and you will receive it back! I promise!

Love to all my gals!

Mama Kuddles

Good morning!!

Melani- Thank you for that beautiful rainbow picture!! Nice way to start the day!!!

Cris---Congratulations on the new home!!! And I thoroughly enjoyed your "long winded" story----and let me tell you as a Jersey girl who really hasn't seen any snakes other than the little garden variety, I'd be locked up in my house!!

Ann- Sometimes, we just don't feel like using the hook and yarn!!! But I know the feeling of when you have a list of things a mile long to make and don't feel like working on any of it!!! Maybe just read a book (if you like to read that is) or do something else?

Kuddles- Thanks for the words of wisdom today, Mama!!!

Sue- Give your Pop a call today--and tell him that his other daughter is celebrating the Yankees with him!!! Have a good day at work today!!!

I'm heading to a friend's 50th birthday party this afternoon so that should be a fun time.. Only thing is why couldn't they wait another week before raising the tolls on the bridges?????

Have a good day one and all!

Archived