crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Well, looks like I might not be having my tube changed tomorrow after all. The doctors are playing games. My primary dr doesn't have privileges at that hospital so even though I've had the procedure done there before and they know me they have to get a dr to accept me. The chief (?) dr is on vacation and no one wants the responsiblity and I guess doesn't care that I have a fungus growing in my tube. So they cancelled my scheduled time and I'm waiting for them to decide what to do. DH is furious and we've made a lot of calls today, but there isn't much we can do. It's hospital policy.:(

Mama K - glad your meeting went well. It helps to have email so you can talk with the teachers. Hopefully the speech therapy will help, both my girls had it and it helped them. Probably littest GS will have to do it as well, he likes to drop off the first letter of his words.

Ann - get some rest. Looking forward to seeing the sweater.

Sue - hope your week has been going well. I know you're really busy with school/work/crocheting.

It's 58 degrees, two days ago it was 100! But it's really nice to have cooler weather right now. Now for the rain to get here--I see it on the radar and it's coming this way!!!

Everyone have a great day!! :hug to you all!

Got an hour nap in that's about it, maybe more later. Almost finished the sweater! Brrr, it's chilly here too! It's raining too. Hope yours shows up soon.

Thank you Sherry..................... So Very Much for helping with hubby's fundraiser!!!

These are perfect!

[ATTACH]45302[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

pretty!

Good Morning all my beautiful friends!!!

just wanted to stop in and let you all know that I'm always Thinking about you!!!

[ATTACH]45304[/ATTACH]

Good to see you!!:hug

Thanks Ann and Sherry! Actually DD has had private speech since she turned 3. Expressive disorder.....and that will continue. It's nice to have an addl half hour each week at school!

Love ya!

Mama K

Every half hour helps! :yes

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh ann!

(((ANN)))

i know where youre coming from with the surgery procedure put off... we went through that last week with FIL. for four days they put him off, then when we thought he was going to be goung through a major (heart or intestinal) all they did was fix a hernia......wed go and see him and theyd claim surgery tomorrow.....fonally this past monday they did something

Thanks everyone. I got another call. Looks like it's back on, but now it's Monday morning. We'll see. They still have to call to pre-register me. I just feel so bad for DH. He was supposed to have a really important meeting at work on Fri which he rescheduled to MONDAY morning because of this, now they go and change my time to Monday morning! I asked them if I could have a later appt. They basically told me take it or leave it. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug:hug Ann-- I hope they can get a doctor. What about the surgeon who is going to change the G-tube? Doesn't he/she have privileges?

Sue- Great to see you- know you're busy with school/work/life!!!

Mama K--Glad you had a good meeting and that the teacher has email. That would have been great when my DD's were younger- of course that was in the dark ages so that wasn't an option...it was snail mail letters back and forth.....

That's great that she'll get an extra 1/2 of speech. Will she follow the lesson plan of the private therapist? Or do her own thing?

Sherry- Nice totes that you sent Tammy!!!!!

LONG LONG day in Paradise. Didn't leave till 6:00- There was someone who called who wanted to speak to a supervisor--and he chatted for about 25 minutes!!!! Oh, well, all in a days work---and only 1 more day till vacation!!!!

A quick hello and :hug

Been busy. Just popping in to say hi. I've been lurking lately, but not much to say.

Ann, :hug :hug :hug What else can I say?? :(

:turtle:vheart

It's good to see you btw! I don't mean to be such a sad sack! :lol We miss you around here! How's school/work/life going? Any new pics of Cooter? :D

:hug:hug Ann-- I hope they can get a doctor. What about the surgeon who is going to change the G-tube? Doesn't he/she have privileges?

LONG LONG day in Paradise. Didn't leave till 6:00- There was someone who called who wanted to speak to a supervisor--and he chatted for about 25 minutes!!!! Oh, well, all in a days work---and only 1 more day till vacation!!!!

Yes, they finally got a dr to agree to do it! She has seen me before in IR. She is a Baystate dr so has privileges there. They were telling us it has something to do with their new "cost prevention plan" or some such garbage. One more day til vacation!!! Yippee!!! You must be sooo excited!!! Hope you have a great time!!!

A quick hello and :hug

Been busy. Just popping in to say hi. I've been lurking lately, but not much to say.

Ann, :hug :hug :hug What else can I say?? :(

We know you are busy! We just miss ya hon!

Thanks everyone. I got another call. Looks like it's back on, but now it's Monday morning. We'll see. They still have to call to pre-register me. I just feel so bad for DH. He was supposed to have a really important meeting at work on Fri which he rescheduled to MONDAY morning because of this, now they go and change my time to Monday morning! I asked them if I could have a later appt. They basically told me take it or leave it. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH is right! :hug:hug for you honey!

Mama Kuddles

Still not really in the swing of things yet. I have a feeling by the time I do get into it the semester will be over! :lol

Sunday I'm going out on a off shore birding boat trip with my boss. He does these tours a couple times a year. It's about 60 miles off shore so that means we can bring the hatchling sea turtles and release them! Last time they went out they saw whales!! The only bad thing...boat leaves at 4AM and doesn't get back until 7PM!! But I'm still looking forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is my bio test on Monday morning. I'm going to be a zombie. :lol

Good morning all!

Sue - enjoy your time on the off short birding trip - sounds like you'll have a great time. Good luck on the test.

Ann - sorry to hear about all the trouble with the hospital. Will be praying for you and DH.

Joanne - WOOT!!! Enjoy your vacation.

Mama K - Enjoy your day without the boss! Friday's is my boss' day off, so hopefully it will be a quiet day.

Well, DD did it to me again. Her best friend is due in January. I thought (which is probably the problem) that I'd have until at least November to get her blanket and tote done--wrong. The shower is Oct 2. I haven't even bought the yarn yet. I told her she might not have her gift. I'll have to try to get it done but not sure how I'll get it done with Football practice 3 or 4 times a week.

Everyone have a great Friday!

Still not really in the swing of things yet. I have a feeling by the time I do get into it the semester will be over! :lol

Sunday I'm going out on a off shore birding boat trip with my boss. He does these tours a couple times a year. It's about 60 miles off shore so that means we can bring the hatchling sea turtles and release them! Last time they went out they saw whales!! The only bad thing...boat leaves at 4AM and doesn't get back until 7PM!! But I'm still looking forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is my bio test on Monday morning. I'm going to be a zombie. :lol

How fun (Sunday)! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Who cares if you are zombie on Monday.....after such fun on Sunday! SIEZE THE DAY! (I'm trying to make that my new motto!)

Mama K

Good Morning! Ok, so I had a post all set and computer went fluey and message dissapeared! Thank you all for your kind words and concern. I have decided that I'm not going to let this get me down and ruin my day/weekend. Sorry I've been a downer in here lately! Time to brighten things up in here! I finished Juno's sweater last night! I think I'll make a little belt for it too since it's a little loose and I think it will look cute, but we'll see. She's really good about putting it on!

post-16860-135897697105_thumb.jpg

post-16860-13589769711_thumb.jpg

Joanne, Hurray for Fridays! Enjoy your vacation!!!

MamaK! Have a great boss free day!

Sue, Sunday sounds wonderful!!! Good luck on your test!

Sherry, can't you crochet in your sleep? :lol Good luck getting the blanket done in time!

Hugs to all! Hope you all have a terrific day!!! :hug

Hi gals! :hi

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo

Friday means I get to sleep in late tomorrow and it's girls night. :cheer We're going to a movie and dinner tonight (I think).

:hug to all who needs them.

Oh and I'm going out this weekend to get the yarn I need for the SBT Christmas gifts. Oh wait, new yarn means it's a NYBT, right? :lol

Good Morning! Ok, so I had a post all set and computer went fluey and message dissapeared! Thank you all for your kind words and concern. I have decided that I'm not going to let this get me down and ruin my day/weekend. Sorry I've been a downer in here lately! Time to brighten things up in here! I finished Juno's sweater last night! I think I'll make a little belt for it too since it's a little loose and I think it will look cute, but we'll see. She's really good about putting it on!

How cute!!!! Juno looks so sweet. I want to kiss her head. :manyheart

She's so cute!! Good job on the sweater!

My kids think I can just whip up anything in a day or two :lol Hopefully I can at least get the yarn on payday next week and get started. Will have to change what I was going to make since I don't have a lot of time. :(

Melani..................THANK YOU SO MUCH for the bags for my fundraiser/craft fair! They are awesome.............just like you!

post-18634-13589769713_thumb.jpg

Adorable!

And no worries, you deserve to be a bit down hon! We'll keep trying to make you smile! :hug

Mama Kuddles

Hi everyone. Haven't been in for a while so wanted to drop by. It's cooled off so staying outside a bit. Had a bad week last week. Went back to the horse rescue with some friends. The horses are in horrible condition. Starving, no grass, no hay, no grain. One had his hooves really bad overgrown and they were going to put him down... so we now have another horse. I had to argue with her to let me have him. >:( A friend took 3 others out. One looked like a walking skeleton. I hate it when a rescue needs to be rescued. The day we picked them up, the rescue lady didn't even show up. It was late and we had to hunt for the weakest one. I stumbled upon the rescue's 'graveyard'. A 2 yr old little stud had died the friday before (this was on wednesday) and his body was laying by the pond. There was another next to him (I'll spare the gruesome details) and a giant hole with 7 or 8 horse bodies in it. They are 'rescuing' horses, selling the best at a friend's fancy place and then the others are starving to death. I've contacted the Humane Society of America and am waiting to hear from them. I have been just sick over it. Not in a very good place I guess.

I sure hope you are all having a better time of it. I glanced through a few pages.

Ann, hope you get the care you need. Drs make me mad. :(

:hug to everyone and I'll try to hang around a bit more. I miss you guys.

I have an idea for a little girl's purse so if I can kick myself into gear, will work on that.

Archived