crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning and Welcome to the start of another week!!! For me, it is sadly time to return to that place affectionately known as paradise.

At least tonight I'm going to the craft club at the library so it's something fun to look forward to after the return to work. The day returning after a week off is my least favorite day---way too many emails to sift through!

Time to pour Ann's cup of coffee and get this day started!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning and Welcome to the start of another week!!! For me, it is sadly time to return to that place affectionately known as paradise.

At least tonight I'm going to the craft club at the library so it's something fun to look forward to after the return to work. The day returning after a week off is my least favorite day---way too many emails to sift through!

Morning! I'm up early since Miss Thing decided she couldn't sleep...at 4:30! I really wanted that last hour!

Joanne, 'enjoy' your first day back....I totally hear ya and understand how it feels! Here's hoping it goes quickly

Everyone, have a great day!

Mama Kuddles

Howdy Everyone! Hope you all have a great day! Looks like it might be a sunny one here! :) I've already finished a scarf and made a 12" square this morning. Trying to decide if I want to work on the shawl or start another scarf. Decisions, decisions, :lol. Catch ya later! :hug

Hope today goes quickly for you at work. I sure do remember those days! Bleh! Hope you have a great time at craft club tonight! Thanks for the cuppa! I've been waiting for it since 2am! :lol

Morning! I'm up early since Miss Thing decided she couldn't sleep...at 4:30! I really wanted that last hour!

Joanne, 'enjoy' your first day back....I totally hear ya and understand how it feels! Here's hoping it goes quickly

Everyone, have a great day!

Mama Kuddles

Oh, poor Mama! You need your sleep! Can't you get her to snuggle in bed with you for an hour? Maybe give her a flashlight and a book and have her snuggle with you. Is that bad? :lol I'm so lucky that my boys were good sleepers once they hit school age. (too good, some times it was soooo hard to get them up!) :hug

Good Morning World :hi Things here have been hectic. Nothing new, right? Hubby had a minor accident with his truck while hunting this weekend. A deer ran out in front of him and he swerved - ended up hitting a tree with a back tire. Today we find out if they can fix it or not. Keri is doing great! My son sent pics this weekend and her smiles are back :)

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ GOOD MORNING MY LOVELIES ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

how is everyone doing?

Gosh I miss you guys! I have been so busy getting ready for the craft fair this weekend! I'm super excited about it! :heart

:mug

Tam - How did the craft fair go? The pics of Patrick are wonderful! You have such a good looking family.

Ok guys. I just have time to pop in here and get your opinions on this. This is the little thing that popped into my dream. :lol Yeah, I have some weird dreams. When I was little, I would take lunch to school. My mom would always draw Kilroy on my napkins with a little note. It helped as I hated school. Anyway, Kilroy is back only as a clutch, purse, hook holder or whatever you want him to be. :D He needs a little tinkering here and there and I wish I had used RHSS instead of ILTY as it was almost too soft to hold him up but I've been trying to get him done. He will be offered as a free pattern on my blog. I wanted to show you guys first as I trust your opinions before I post him anywhere though.

. :hug

Kilroy is awesome!! :cheer

Hi ladies!

The bathroom is done!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:yay:woo I can use the shower tonight. I don't have to go somewhere else to bathe. Ahh, it's the small things in life. :lol

Now that is something to WOOT WOOT about :woohoo

Some sad news for my family. I always read the obits everyday. Last night I saw where a dear family friend has passed away, she was 83. She will be missed by a lot of people. Haven't told my DDs yet, the youngest one was very close to her, so she will be very upset.

Hugs to all!

So, so sorry to hear about the loss of your family friend. :hug

sorry for my absence yesterday...BUT......we raised over 5000 for the benefit altogether!!!

ALL the bags and b;ankies i had donated went to good homes!

we were kept busy at the table where people came to buy their dinners.

7 a plate that consisted of chicken and dumplings, mashed taters, corn and green beans.

we left early before the band started due to my getting one of my blasted headaches but im already planning things for next year!

WTG Ducky!! That is a good amount to go to a great cause :yay

I am actually here at the war zone, so I suppose I should do something that they pay me to do. lol Everyone have a great day! Toodles for now

Hi ladies, got a favor to ask. I'm heading out to the ER in a minute. Just talked to my dr and since I haven't been able to keep anything down including my meds all weekend he wants me seen at the ER. I'm hoping they just hydrate me and send me home. Don't know much else they can do. Yeah, I'm just a little scared. Prayers would be appreciated. I should be back bugging the heck out of you guys tonight, but if not you know they decided to keep me. I have a tote packed with hooks and yarn just in case! :D

Hi ladies, got a favor to ask. I'm heading out to the ER in a minute. Just talked to my dr and since I haven't been able to keep anything down including my meds all weekend he wants me seen at the ER. I'm hoping they just hydrate me and send me home. Don't know much else they can do. Yeah, I'm just a little scared. Prayers would be appreciated. I should be back bugging the heck out of you guys tonight, but if not you know they decided to keep me. I have a tote packed with hooks and yarn just in case! :D

Prayers for you hope all turns out ok :hug

I havent posted for along time, so I want to say hello to everyone. I have been working on a baby gahn that I have to hurry and get finished and I dont work very fast. so I have been working on it. Im about half done with it. Then I have another to make for january. Guess I should get some made ahead of time

we have had really nice weather the sun is shining and its going to be in the 90's.

Have a good day :hug

just spoke with my SIL

good news....dad is coming home october 4th!!!!

bad news...as im sure you all recal dad had surgery september 12th...that wednesday he was placed in the nursing home....incision still intact with staples or stitches. well now hes got a rip roaring infection because they have left them in too long and in addition has used bleach on his things. i can understand using bleach for sanitary reasons, but with an incision it looks as if theyd be more cautious

Hi Everyone!!! I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:cheer:yay They hydrated me and pumped me full of zofran, took some x-rays and did some blood work. Told me to follow up with my dr and if the same thing happens to go back! Ya, ok! Oh, they gave me a script for zofran too. Just gotta decide where to fill it since my insurace won't cover it. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I guess I'll just take it easy tonight, not much else I can do! :lol Thanks for all the prayers, they sure helped! :hug

just spoke with my SIL

bad news...as im sure you all recal dad had surgery september 12th...that wednesday he was placed in the nursing home....incision still intact with staples or stitches. well now hes got a rip roaring infection because they have left them in too long and in addition has used bleach on his things. i can understand using bleach for sanitary reasons, but with an incision it looks as if theyd be more cautious

so glad he's coming home! It's awful about the infection! That has to hurt using bleach! ouch!

just spoke with my SIL

At the nursing home I worked at we left stitches/staples in 10-12 days and had to have a dr. order from the surgeon to remove them. and if the clothing items were washed by the facility then yep they use bleach to stop the spread of infection.

Ducky, glad he's coming home! :hug

Hi Everyone!!! I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:cheer:yay They hydrated me and pumped me full of zofran, took some x-rays and did some blood work. Told me to follow up with my dr and if the same thing happens to go back! Ya, ok! Oh, they gave me a script for zofran too. Just gotta decide where to fill it since my insurace won't cover it. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I guess I'll just take it easy tonight, not much else I can do! :lol Thanks for all the prayers, they sure helped! :hug

:yay I was just going to send you some :manyheart and :hug but glad you're home!

:turtle:vheart

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

kuddles

Glad to hear that you are home!!! I'll say some prayers now that you stay well!!! Did you appeal with the insurance regarding not covering Zofran?

:hug

Good evening!

Ducky - glad to hear some good news. Hopefully they can get the infection taken care of. Congrats on the fundraising!

Ann - Glad you're home from the hospital. Will be praying for you.

Today was another long day! Very busy at work, we're getting ready for the annual church meeting (lots and lots of reports), still getting the new server installed (I'm the only one that's using it to see if there are problems).

The good news is I found the ILTY needed for the baby blanket and tote--had to drive across town to get it but at least I can get it finished (hopefully by Sunday at 3 p.m.)!!! I got several rows done tonight.

Hugs to all who need them!!! Have a wonderful night.

it was another long night of tests and writing papers. I am beyond exhausted since I had another long day of orientation. heading to bed to gear up for computer training tomorrow... I really wish I could just sit home and crochet instead.

Good Morning World :hi Trying to get motivated to get this party, um, day started. Still no definate word on hubby's truck. They "think" they can fix it, but they haven't put it up on the racks yet to take a good look.

I was able to get some crochet time in last night and actually finished a scarf then started on another hedgehog. Tonight is Zumba so not much time to play with yarn after that. I'm too pooped.

just spoke with my SIL

:cheer:clap:cheer I bet he will be so happy to be home! Sure hope that infection heals quickly.

:yay:yayYEAH!!! Thank goodness it wasn't an overnighter. :yes

it was another long night of tests and writing papers. I am beyond exhausted since I had another long day of orientation. heading to bed to gear up for computer training tomorrow... I really wish I could just sit home and crochet instead.

Just remember, it will all be worth it. :hug

O.k. crochet friends, I am off and running. Well, not really running, but you know what I mean. Enjoy your day!! Toodles :D

Good morning!

Jana- I forgot to comment yesterday on how happy I am that Keri is doing so well!! Hope you have a great day today.

Ann- Hope this morning finds you feeling better than yesterday morning!!!

Ducky- Good news that FIL will be coming home soon- and hopefully the infection clears!

Tonya- Hang in there- it will be so worth it!!

Sherry- Cheering you on to get the blanket finished....and at least you got the yarn you needed- that's 1/2 the battle right there!!

As Jana said, time to get this party started....and oh, how I wish it really were a party- and not just another day in Paradise!

Hugs to all!

Archived