crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning! Yes Joanne, there is NOT enough hours in the day! Whether you work outside the home, inside, upside down........I need another 24 hours in each day if I really want to do everything!

Another typical work day today....then tonite, a babysitter and a new parent mtg at the school.

Finished up another one of my 'southwest totes' last nite......won't post a pic since I did it all in orange! I had purchased some of the double worsted cotton when that big sale was going on so wanted to see how it would work up with one strand and not two.....just a big ole orange bag at this point! Guess I could decorate it.....but you guessed it, not enough time!

Hope everyone has a good day! Hugs to all that need them!

Mama Kuddles

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning! Bright shiny morning here. Nice and warm. I sat outside for about a half hour with Juno and soaked in a few rays. It was wonderful. I'm hoping to start on her sweater today. The friendship square took all afternoon/evening yesterday. It is a lovely pattern, but not one to work on unless you have the time to concentrate, lol!

Joanne, are you going anywhere on vacation? Staying home and relaxing is always nice too! :lol

Hi Mary! Hope you have a good day too!

Mama K, I saw that you have a babysitter for tonight and was going to say have a good time, then I read that it's for a parent mtg! Eck! :lol Have a good day!

Wishing all my friends a wonderful day. Sending hugs to all that need them....:hug:hug:hug

Good afternoon!!!

WOOT Mama K for your find! Sorry you have a meeting tonight

Ann - glad you got to enjoy the nice day! We're expecting RAIN tomorrow and a high of 60 (way different than we're used to). I'll have to find some warmer clothes to wear tomorrow!!

Joanne-enjoy your vacation!!

No crocheting last night after the football practice. Both boys came home with me. And I had to hem a pair of pants for oldest GS. Hopefully tonight I can get something done.

Have a great afternoon!

Ann, yeah right about it being a mtg!

However on lunch today scored some of those big Handcrafter Cotton skeins at Joanns for 4.99 each! Woot! Mama loves her cotton yarn!

kuddles

Oh well, maybe you can do something after the mtg? :) Great score at JoAnn's!!! WOOT!!!

Good afternoon!!!

WOOT Mama K for your find! Sorry you have a meeting tonight

Ann - glad you got to enjoy the nice day! We're expecting RAIN tomorrow and a high of 60 (way different than we're used to). I'll have to find some warmer clothes to wear tomorrow!!

Joanne-enjoy your vacation!!

No crocheting last night after the football practice. Both boys came home with me. And I had to hem a pair of pants for oldest GS. Hopefully tonight I can get something done.

Have a great afternoon!

I'm glad that I enjoyed it this morning, they're talking t-storms for later this afternoon. Hope you get some crochet time in tonight. I'm about to start on Juno's sweater. Wish me luck! :lol

well ladies the good news is dad is out of the hospital...bad news is hes been transferred to a nursing facility to recover......at 5000 a month OUCH!!!

Ducky - great news that he is out of the hospital but $5000 a month? :eek:eek Does he have insurance that can help?

Ann - good luck with the sweater!! :crocheting

I'm not supposed to have the boys tonight but we'll see. Little one cries (you know those big crocodile tears :cry and very sad look:() to come home with me when I try to drop him off at home.

Hope you all have a great afternoon and evening!

ive heard medicare pays up to 89 days i think it is.....hopefully he will be back home by then. were going to give him a couple days to get adjusted and then go see him saturday......hopefully they havent medicated him (the homes round here have a tendency to overmedicate so they wont have to deal with patients sometimes in my opinion

Hi all,

Kuddles- Great find at Joann's!!!! WOOT!!!! Hope the back to school meeting goes smoothly---

Ducky- Wow 5,000 a month!!! EEK!!!! Hopefully, he'll be home before you know it- and before Medicare doesn't pay for it!!

Ann- How are you feeling today? I was working on a square the other day- and kept getting stuck-- I need mindless after working all day---hopefully I can get it done next week. We are planning to go to Williamsburg for a few days- it's where we went on our honeymoon--the rest of the time---who knows???

Sherry- I guess your GS really loves you--if he cries the crocodile tears!!!

Mary- How's things out on the West Coast?

I stopped at Michael's on my way home- They had Impeccable (their own brand) as the "Deal of the Day" for 1.99/skein---so a few jumped into my cart!!!

good evening everyone.....

I have been working on a square today I am so tired though that Im not sure if I should keep going on it.

As of today at 732am I am technically unemployed for the next 5 days. I almost cried when I left, I will miss everyone,well most of the people. yet am so excited to start this new chapter.

:hi

How the heck is everybody? I haven't been on here in what feels like ages, so I have no clue what is going on. :think I haven't read the posts, just know that I've been thinking of all of you and sending you all :hug

I do hope things are going well for you all; I'm sure one of these days I'll get back into the swing of things. I just wanted to pop in real quick and show off the totes I made for Tammy's fundraiser. I made one SBT,

post-25611-135897696584_thumb.jpg

and several mini totes, using her pattern from her blog...

post-25611-13589769654_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897696559_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897696563_thumb.jpg (I forgot to take a picture of one of them...) :oops

I hope they get there in time! :worried I sent the box out today, Priority mail... If not, I hope they sell at the craft show next week... :yes

Thanks for letting me be a part of something GREAT, Tammy!!!

post-25611-135897696578_thumb.jpg

I hope to check in with everyone and get caught up soon...

You all take care now, ya hear?? :manyheart

post-25611-135897696555_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897696572_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! It's been a long day! I've been working on Juno's sweater and let's just say I've spent a lot of time at the frog pond! :frog It really makes me :thair when I pay for a pattern and it's totally messed up! I've given up on it and am just making it up as I go! We've done a lot of fittings this evening! :lol Hope you're all having a good night. Sure does seem to be quiet in here lately. I'll see you all tomorrow. Nitey nite!

well ladies the good news is dad is out of the hospital...bad news is hes been transferred to a nursing facility to recover......at 5000 a month OUCH!!!

That's great that he's out of the hospital, not so great about the nursing home. Hopefully it won't be for long. Had to stay in a couple of them for a while and they aren't much fun.:(

Ann - good luck with the sweater!! :crocheting

I'm not supposed to have the boys tonight but we'll see. Little one cries (you know those big crocodile tears :cry and very sad look:() to come home with me when I try to drop him off at home.

Hope you all have a great afternoon and evening!

So did you end up with the boys? :lol Those crocodile tears will get you every time! :)

Hi all,

Ann- How are you feeling today? I was working on a square the other day- and kept getting stuck-- I need mindless after working all day---hopefully I can get it done next week. We are planning to go to Williamsburg for a few days- it's where we went on our honeymoon--the rest of the time---who knows???

I stopped at Michael's on my way home- They had Impeccable (their own brand) as the "Deal of the Day" for 1.99/skein---so a few jumped into my cart!!!

I'm having a pretty good day, thanks. Williamsburg sounds nice! I've never been there. Just seen pics,lol! Great find at Michaels!!! WOOT!!!

Hi everyone I have been kinda MIA on this thread and on totes but I had a request for a rasta farian type tote so this is what i came up with its RH in Black and Mexicana #9 sbt [ATTACH]45272[/ATTACH]

Beautiful SBT!!

I have been working on a square today I am so tired though that Im not sure if I should keep going on it.

As of today at 732am I am technically unemployed for the next 5 days. I almost cried when I left, I will miss everyone,well most of the people. yet am so excited to start this new chapter.

Good luck on this new chapter in your life. I know it is going to be wonderful! :hug

How the heck is everybody? I haven't been on here in what feels like ages, so I have no clue what is going on. :think I haven't read the posts, just know that I've been thinking of all of you and sending you all :hug

I do hope things are going well for you all; I'm sure one of these days I'll get back into the swing of things. I just wanted to pop in real quick and show off the totes I made for Tammy's fundraiser. I made one SBT,

[ATTACH]45292[/ATTACH]

and several mini totes, using her pattern from her blog...

[ATTACH]45288[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45281[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]45284[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]45286[/ATTACH] (I forgot to take a picture of one of them...) :oops

I hope they get there in time! :worried I sent the box out today, Priority mail... If not, I hope they sell at the craft show next week... :yes

Thanks for letting me be a part of something GREAT, Tammy!!!

[ATTACH]45290[/ATTACH]

Hi Melani!!! Awesome totes!!! I love that mini tote pattern of Tam's!!!

Hi everyone I have been kinda MIA on this thread and on totes but I had a request for a rasta farian type tote so this is what i came up with its RH in Black and Mexicana #9 sbt [ATTACH]45272[/ATTACH]

Love the colors!!

Well, there was lots of crocodile tears but momma wanted them home. Oldests GS didn't want to do his homework, so he was in trouble (and wanted to come home with me). Little one started when we left work, when we got home I got him to go throw something away and I snuck out the door--I could hear the crying all the way outside by my van. Checked on them later, oldest was asleep and little one was still crying. No, I didn't go get him--although I wanted to.

Did get to work on the granny ripple tote - it's coming along, maybe about 10 more rows and I'll be done with it.

Will be going to the State Fair on Sunday (hopefully the oldest GS will get to go). Told his momma I bought tickets today, so hopefully she'll relent and let him go on Sunday. DH may not get to go, still haven't heard when he'll be going to NY but he's also on call and if he were to go, he'd probably get called out. I was really looking forward to him going with us but we'll see how it works out.

Well, I'd better get to bed, busy day tomorrow. Everyone have a great evening and rest well.

Ann - sounds like a frustrating day--been at the frog pond a lot some days!

trying to get ready for 2 fairs back to back. Gonna be crazy!! My friend and I leave Sunday after church...after loading up all mine, hers and my daughters rabbits in the trailer. Gonna "Do the Puyallup" fair. We will be there until Wednesday evening..and then come home to load up the rabbits again to do the Central Washington Fair through the next Tuesday...never mentioned anything about being sane in this post...

Might even get some crochet time in..or not!

:yay:cheer:clap I know you are excited about the new opportunity!!! Enjoy your short stint of being unemployed!! Best of luck with the new job when it starts!!

Melani! Great to see a post from you!! Great job on all those totes- each one is prettier than the next!!! Your hook has been on fire!!! How's the school year going for everyone?

Well, there was lots of crocodile tears but momma wanted them home. Oldests GS didn't want to do his homework, so he was in trouble (and wanted to come home with me). Little one started when we left work, when we got home I got him to go throw something away and I snuck out the door--I could hear the crying all the way outside by my van. Checked on them later, oldest was asleep and little one was still crying. No, I didn't go get him--although I wanted to.

Did get to work on the granny ripple tote - it's coming along, maybe about 10 more rows and I'll be done with it. :cheer:cheer You can do it:cheer:cheer

Will be going to the State Fair on Sunday (hopefully the oldest GS will get to go). Told his momma I bought tickets today, so hopefully she'll relent and let him go on Sunday. DH may not get to go, still haven't heard when he'll be going to NY but he's also on call and if he were to go, he'd probably get called out. I was really looking forward to him going with us but we'll see how it works out.

Well, I'd better get to bed, busy day tomorrow. Everyone have a great evening and rest well.

Sounds like a lot of fun will be had at the State Fair. It'll be nice if DH doesn't get called to NY until after the fair!!

trying to get ready for 2 fairs back to back. Gonna be crazy!! My friend and I leave Sunday after church...after loading up all mine, hers and my daughters rabbits in the trailer. Gonna "Do the Puyallup" fair. We will be there until Wednesday evening..and then come home to load up the rabbits again to do the Central Washington Fair through the next Tuesday...never mentioned anything about being sane in this post...

Wow- you are going to be one busy lady--Good luck at both of the fairs!!! And hope you get a little time to :crocheting

Ann- I would be a tad annoyed if I paid for a pattern that had so many mistakes that I was at the frog pond more than anything! I'm sure whatever you come up with will look great on Juno! Good luck with it today!!!

Kuddles- How did the back to school meeting go last night?

Sue- How's school/work/life? I know you must be beyond busy!!!

Today I have to work till 5:30 --I technically don't have to be at work till 9--but I'm up at my usual time- so will probably just head in when I usually do--I kind of have the traffic patterns down to when it's a good time to have the least amount of traffic --even though there is always traffic, if I time it right- it's not as bad!

I finished another Shelley scarf last night and hopefully this weekend I'll get pics of the scarves/fingerless gloves I've made...I did give one set to my co-worker for her birthday (and of course didn't take a pic) but the good news---she loved the set!!! I'm hoping to get the totes I've started finished while I'm on vacation! I'm starting to have tote withdrawl!

Off to fill up my cuppa for Ann and then get ready for Paradise. One more day after today and then it's no work for a week!!!! Have a good day everyone!

:ghug Oh hi, there's a group hug for all! Many need a hug this morning. Many do not. But a hug is a way to show my love, so I wanted to send one out to each of you!

Joanne, thanks for asking: the mtg went well! It was nice to find out about DD's day and some info I didn't know or understand. Much different than daycare where I go in each day and pick her up and can talk to her teacher/provider! You can't do that with regular school and I miss it! But the teacher gave us her email address and she has a website with info so I will feel more connected now! Of course DD LOVED having her cousin over to watch her, even if it was only for 1.5 hours!

Today I run to the local school district on my lunch to sign a paper allowing DD to get speech at school. Only half an hour, but along with the hour of private speech, I'm hoping to see some progress! We're at a stall right now....

Well I'll try to check in later, but if I don't:

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

from Mama Kuddles

Good Morning! Been up since 1am working on Juno's sweater since I couldn't sleep. It;s almost done. (I think,lol!) I think it's finally time for me to get some rest so I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you later. Have a great day everyone! :hug

Did get to work on the granny ripple tote - it's coming along, maybe about 10 more rows and I'll be done with it.

Hope DH gets to go to the fair with you! :hug

Whew, busy lady! :lol Good luck at the fairs!!!

Ann- I would be a tad annoyed if I paid for a pattern that had so many mistakes that I was at the frog pond more than anything! I'm sure whatever you come up with will look great on Juno! Good luck with it today!!!

Kuddles- How did the back to school meeting go last night?

Sue- How's school/work/life? I know you must be beyond busy!!!

Today I have to work till 5:30 --I technically don't have to be at work till 9--but I'm up at my usual time- so will probably just head in when I usually do--I kind of have the traffic patterns down to when it's a good time to have the least amount of traffic --even though there is always traffic, if I time it right- it's not as bad!

I finished another Shelley scarf last night and hopefully this weekend I'll get pics of the scarves/fingerless gloves I've made...I did give one set to my co-worker for her birthday (and of course didn't take a pic) but the good news---she loved the set!!! I'm hoping to get the totes I've started finished while I'm on vacation! I'm starting to have tote withdrawl!

Off to fill up my cuppa for Ann and then get ready for Paradise. One more day after today and then it's no work for a week!!!! Have a good day everyone!

I wanna see pics of the scarves and gloves! :lol Oh, did I tell you that I have made the Shelley scarf before? I was looking thru some old pics and there it was! I found my notes too, said it was easy and fun! :lol Geesh, sometimes I don't know where I leave my brain! :blush

:ghug Oh hi, there's a group hug for all! Many need a hug this morning. Many do not. But a hug is a way to show my love, so I wanted to send one out to each of you!

Joanne, thanks for asking: the mtg went well! It was nice to find out about DD's day and some info I didn't know or understand. Much different than daycare where I go in each day and pick her up and can talk to her teacher/provider! You can't do that with regular school and I miss it! But the teacher gave us her email address and she has a website with info so I will feel more connected now! Of course DD LOVED having her cousin over to watch her, even if it was only for 1.5 hours!

Today I run to the local school district on my lunch to sign a paper allowing DD to get speech at school. Only half an hour, but along with the hour of private speech, I'm hoping to see some progress! We're at a stall right now....

Well I'll try to check in later, but if I don't:

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

from Mama Kuddles

I love hugs! Glad you had a good mtg last night. It's great that DD's teacher has a website and email. My DIL does that for her parents too. I wish the teachers would have been doing that when my kids were in school. Good luck with the speech to. DS #1 got speech at school for a couple of years and it helped him quite a bit. Have a great day!

Mama K - glad your meeting went well. It helps to have email so you can talk with the teachers. Hopefully the speech therapy will help, both my girls had it and it helped them. Probably littest GS will have to do it as well, he likes to drop off the first letter of his words.

Ann - get some rest. Looking forward to seeing the sweater.

Sue - hope your week has been going well. I know you're really busy with school/work/crocheting.

It's 58 degrees, two days ago it was 100! But it's really nice to have cooler weather right now. Now for the rain to get here--I see it on the radar and it's coming this way!!!

Everyone have a great day!! :hug to you all!

Archived