Fat Bottom Bag

ferretlady

I know - everyone was making these long ago -- but I just now got around to trying one.... I've been making gifts for my snowbird neighbors before they go back up north. My one neighbor asked for a purse & picked out this yarn - so here was the finished bag. It's fully lined & has a button flap for closure.

post-14878-13589764944_thumb.jpg

That is one lovely bag... Great Job..

Can you tell me whare you got the pattern from.

hugs

Lillibet

It's the "Fat Bottom Bag" from the 'Stitch n Bitch Happy Hooker' book by Debbie Stoller.

I followed Kel's great instructions on lining the bag, which are at:

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

I've always wanted to make one of these but the lining scares me! Maybe now with the instructions that you used I can do it! Hope mine looks half as good as yours!!!

I know what you mean -- the lining worried me too! But Kel's instructions are brilliant. If you can cut out a simple rectangle of fabric, and can fold a few simple pleats in the ends - it's SO much easier than I would have ever imagined. Believe me, if I could whip through the lining with no problem at all, so can you!

I was truly surprised at how easy it was, following her instructions.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I really love this pattern -- I've got about 4 more of these crocheted up, got my fabric cut & ready to go.

Love it. I bought the book a couple years ago just for the bag pattern but still haven't gotten around to making it.

Yours is really beautiful. What kind of yarn did you use?

Love it. I bought the book a couple years ago just for the bag pattern but still haven't gotten around to making it.

Yours is really beautiful. What kind of yarn did you use?

Thanks!

It's "I Love This Yarn Stripes" from Hobby Lobby (ordered online - no nearby HL in my area) Color is "Sugarplum Stripe"

ETA: Oh, and I gave my neighbor the purse the next day after I posted this --- she just loved it & when she came by today to tell me good-bye before they hit the road, she commented about it again, how much she liked it. So that made me feel really good -- she's been such a kind neighbor so I'm glad I was able to do a little something for her.

Beautiful color choice. Actually I am myself working on a fat bottom bag. At the stage where I need to add the lining....

Archived