Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Sunday ladies!

Well, I seem to be getting here on a weekly basis, but still want to improve on that.  We had a quiet New Year's Eve, which was great and I got some crochet time in too!  I feel like I've been fighting a cold all week, but still going strong :)  My friends and I had 'yarn night' at my mom's house on Friday....she was excited to host and had an array of snacks!  Yesterday I had a full day of patients squeezed into the morning, which I just finished the paperwork now so I decided to check in while my laptop was out and booted up.  I went to a local CGOA group yesterday (they meet every Saturday at a local Panera....I might get there once a month if I'm lucky) so got some good crafting time in the last 2 days :)  Then Troy and I went out for Chinese and did some errands then back to the house.  We've been working on cleaning up and organizing his spare bedroom, which was just a wreck and not 'useful'.  He's making great progress.  Tonight there's some type of Star Trek thing on TV he wants to watch....which will secure me craft time later tonight too!  We're going to have dinner at my parents before that and maybe we'll stop by the office while we're over there to adjust him since he's been doing quite a bit of heavy lifting with the organizing.  Otherwise, should be a quiet day.

Getting ready to go make some breakfast.  Have a great day everyone and hopefully I'll be back before next weekend!

Hi Ladies,

LeeAnn, Congrats to your DD on getting her driving permit. You are one busy lady! A foot of snow at once doesn't sound good. 

Judy, Your purple granny afghan is lovely. Is it for anyone in particular? I will be making Maya a poncho. I sent her some pictures of ponchos and she picked one of them. 

Mary, I bet the boys loved playing in the snow. I use the alarm on my phone to remind me not to forget to take my pills. I also use the timer if I'm baking and will be out of the kitchen and may not here the microwave timer. How is Sarah doing?

Cindy, Be careful out there on the roads. I seen somewhere on the internet this morning that www.attic24.typepad.com is having a cal. It's for an afghan and would be good for using up odd yarn. 

Joanne, Sorry the snow kept you and DH from joining your family. But it was probably the right choice. Did you decide on your next knitting project? 

Collette, Hi! What are you crocheting?

Marisa, How fun of your mom to host you and your friends at her house for yarn night. Does your mom do crafts? I bet your parents are enjoying being so close to you and Steph as you guys are enjoying them being so close. 

Michelle, How are you doing? Did you get any of the snow from the storm that just blew through? 

The cable company came early and hooked up my internet (yesterday). I barely used it. Checked and deleted 300 emails from since we left home. Played around trying to get DH's playstation game set up. I had to change his password. 

I bought a new sewing machine since we got here. It's a brother sewing and quilting machine with an extended table. There is 7 ladies here that quilt. Two of them belong to a quilting guild down here. 

We are settled in as much as we can be. I do miss are shed. I am having to store the boxes in the trailer. I moved the chair out and put them there. We have to move are trailer about three feet and straighten it out. When Les put it in here he wasn't thinking about how far back it was and him being able to get through on the path between the two rows of trailers. Not sure when it will happen as he is very busy. Lots has to be before it can be moved. It sits up on blocks and is tied down. They all have to be taken down. Hubby doesn't really want to do it so we may hire it out. And are two drains have to unhooked. Then everything has to be redone. It will be lots of work. After this is done then we will order a cover/canopy for the trailer. I want it wide enough to have a patio under it. The cover is like those carports you see people use. Then hopefully we can decide on a shed. 

I seen a deer in the park the other night. I told someone about seeing it and was told they are a lot of them throughout the park. Someone across the park seen a buck during the day. Are neighbor has a fence around his flowers as the deer ate his flowers the year before. I told hubby were not planting any flowers this year. Maybe next year they will of moved on. They are clearing out some property across the street for a mobile home park. They are probably coming from there.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Good morning

Marisa. Will u be watching the steelers game today? I'll be watching Giants game later. May go down to dds and watch with them. Ryan is becoming quite the sports fan and loves football and hockey. DD told me that every morning he asks what the score was for the ny rangers when they have played the night before. He doesn't stay up late enough to see the whole game. LOL.

Marlene. Sounds like a lot of work still to be done down there with the trailer. Good luck. Glad you have internet now!

Judy. Cute pic of the "pups" in the snow.

Our neighbor plowed the driveway last night and the sidewalk. Then he brought us our mail. Such a kind, thoughtful thing to do. I went out this morning and just had to shovel the steps. And the sun was beating down, and even though it's cold it felt good.

Dd sent me a pic of Jali in the snow for his first snowstorm. A really cute little snow angel!!!!!

Of to finish laundry, see how the roads are and probably head down to dds. Have a great Sunday everyone

Hi peeps.

I've had to put a scarf over my nose when out in the yard with the pups! Super cold...wind chill was 5 yesterday, which is really cold for around here.

Marlene, so far I think I'm keeping the purple ghan but I'm getting quite a collection....may have to start giving away the ones I'm not donating. :lol

Marisa- Hi!! I;m so glad you keep checking in - and this is the season for colds: you're the third person in as many days who has been hit with a doozy of one! Take care of yourself. 

Hi, Joanne - that was sweet of your neighbor. We had someone use their blower on our sidewalk, but...  Fortunately our Rav4 could roll over the pile, esp the one the plows left at the driveway. We were able to get out a bit yesterday. Tomorrow the melting begins!

I just made dog cookies for the babies - they're cooling off now :D

Have a great one, my friends,

Good morning. It's still really cold here, and snowing, but temperatures are supposed to get above freezing later this week. I haven't been outside today, and I can't think of any reason to go out there either. Sophie doesn't seem to care much about cold and snow. As long as she has her coat on, she spends time out there. (Somebody has to keep those pesky rabbits and squirrels in their place, which in Sophie's opinion, is some place well outside of Sophie's territory.). She tries hard to discourage the birds from coming to the feeders too, but once they figure out that she can't fly, they ignore her and return. I guess hunger and easy pickings trump fear. I think animals are smarter than we think. The deer around here seem to know exactly how far Sophie's invisible fence lets her go, and they stand outside the area and watch her carry on, barking and running back and forth. Either that or they think she's too small to bother with.

Judy, it looks like Sparkie and Lucy like snow!

Joanne, I think I saw that picture of Jali on Facebook. What a cute little guy he is.

Marlene, sounds like a lot of work needs to be done to your place. Don't overdo. Sounds like you are planning to take up quilting?

Marisa, hope you feel better soon. I've had two bad colds already this year. Either those cold viruses are getting stronger or I'm getting a lot wimpier!

LeeAnn, I'm continually amazed at how much you accomplish.

Mary, hope DD is doing well.

Hi, Collette. Me and to do lists are a work in progress and likely will be for some time.

Yesterday was a doozy at work. Very busy, some unexpected crisis, but sort of sad to say, I very much enjoyed myself. I suspect that if I had gotten that job I applied for I would have been bored to tears after a few weeks. Dh thinks so too. Apparently I need a bit of adrenaline rush in my life, even if my body sometimes tells me t do something easier.

Today I'm having a "day of rest"! Nothing too strenuous is going to happen here today. I have a load of laundry going and I've been sorting through my WIPs. (Sophie's universe Afghan is calling to me.). I might clean bathrooms later too. I'm going to make this weeks to do list as well. I guess I ought to accomplish something a bit more productive than organizing my WIPs this week, which is currently the only thing on my list.

Keep warm everyone.

Good morning House!

Up early cleaning, both the house and my craft studio.  I am so glad that I am able to carve out time to do it.  My kiddos have been cleaning for the last month, they do a good job but I like doing a deep clean every now and then.  The bathrooms are clean, craft studio is tidy, utensils and dishes are washed here in the studio.  That can be a task with all of the product making that goes on in here.  I like that I have my own double sink and counter top.  I can now move on to Valentine product with ease.

Marisa-ohh those winter colds can be tough.  Thankfully I haven't caught a cold in about 2 years.  I hope that I can keep them at bay as I can't call in sick to work.   :lol   Does your mom crochet/knit?

Cindy-my little sister is an adreneline gal.  She thrives on it!  I am so glad that work went well even though it was super busy.  WIPS have been calling my name.  I have a simpled knit dishcloth that I would really like to finish and then I can start pulling out more WIPS.  I am sure that I have quite a few stashed somewhere.

Joanne-Jali is adorable!  He looks so healthy and happy.  What a blessing to have your grands nearby.  Just this morning my sister called, we were talking about all of the fun things that we did with our grandma.  She was one in a million.  I miss her every day.  Both of our daughters are named after her.  She was simply amazing and the glue that kept our family together.

Judy-awww your fur babies look like they are having so much fun!  It has been super cold here!  The other night it was NEGATIVE 36 :no   It was the coldest in the USA.  The San Luis Valley is notorious for our extreme weather.

Marlene-moving the trailer sounds like a lot of work.  Oh my gosh!  Will it take an entire day to get it moved?

Mary-how was your weekend?  Is your dd feeling ok?

Guess I better get to the kitchen cleaning, I want to go to Ceramics this afternoon but am telling myself that I must do all of my weekly cleaning first.

Have a fun Monday! :ghug  :ghug

Cindy, Sparkie and Lucy LOVE the snow!! They've been know to lay down in it, toys in their mouths, waiting to see if I'm coming back out - I remind them that they;re the ones with fur coats - and fur on their feet! :lol  I can already feel how much better it is outside as compared to 5 hours ago. I actually went out with them a bit ago without a hat and extra layer of sweat pants.... They had fun tugging the toy again. 

Sophie reminds me of Lucy: she always runs off the critters who come for their food. Sparkie doesn't much care at all...lol.

We're expecting rain and warmer temps (that term is relative) starting tomorrow. 

Hi!  All of a sudden it's Monday!   The boys went home yesterday and we picked them up from school today, so they're back. :lol   SIL will be here shortly to pick them up.  DH broke his glasses, my microwave caught on fire...so much excitement around here. ;)  I think tomorrow is a stay at home day - keeping fingers crossed.

Sarah is doing really well.  It will take a while to get her strength back, but she's in such good shape from yoga, tennis and walking  hopefully it won't be too hard.

I love reading all your news and I promise to post a "real" post soon. :manyheart

Good morning. We got a lot more snow overnight, but according to dh, it's going to start warming up for a bit. Hopefully that will mean clear roads for my drive to work tomorrow. That will be a nice change!

Mary, I'm sorry about all the things that you have to contend with. After my last dishwasher caught on fire, I've been cautious about using appliances when I'm not around. I no longer use the "time bake" on my oven, and my dishwasher and dryer don't run at night.

Nothing much planned here for today. A little housework, a little crafting, a little reading.....

Have a great day, ladies.

Good Morning! :)   Yep, I'm beginning to feel like I'm being tested to see how much I can handle. ;)  Thank you for your kind words!

Cindy ~ I hope the roads are better for you tomorrow.  Have you had more snow than usual or is it about like most winters?  Like you, I never leave the house or go to bed with anything running.  The microwave is built in above my gas range.  It's only a little over 4 years old and of course the warranty ran out after 4 years. :reyes   The repair guy is supposed to be here by now, but he hasn't called yet.  If it can't be fixed, it will be a trip to Lowe's! 

Judy ~ I don't think I actually commented on your purple afghan...it is gorgeous!  I'm looking forward to crocheting later. :)

Marlene ~ Our friends were at the coast over Christmas and brought us back some fresh gulf shrimp!  I've been roasting shrimp once in a while and it's so good!  I hope you get your trailer rearranged soon, so you can feel more settled in. :yes

Hi to everyone at the House. :manyheart

Hi and happy Thursday!!! It's going to be about 60 degrees today and then the colder weather comes back tomorrow Crazy!!!! Hope everyone is doing well. I finished the baby blanket for my co worker and I'm walking in a knitted shawl with Caron cakes. The pattern is called boom and its on rav. I'll try and get pics of the baby blanket after work today

Have a great day!!

Good morning. It's warm-ish here, but no talk of getting anywhere near 60. In fact it's supposed to snow today, then rain for the weekend.

I only had to work one day this week. I have gotten a lot of stuff done around here. I am weeding through my clothes and have way downsized my purse collection. I went from two under bed storage boxes to a single square basket. I am going to put my summer clothes in those boxes. All my clothes fit in my dresser and closet, but they are a bit crowded. I might even minimize my summer clothes to only what fits in those two boxes. It's not like I am a fashion plate!

Joanne, I looked at the shawl pattern. I like the shape of it, and I'm interested to see how that looks wth the Caron cakes. A few years ago I knit a scarf called "Hitchhiker", which was similar in shape. It was also all garter stitch and I use it all the time. It's soft and squishy.

Mary, this winter seems normal or maybe even a little lighter than normal. Typically we get around 90 to 100 inches of snow a year with most of it coming from mid December to the beginning of a March.

I dug around and I think I found all my WIPs. I have at least five afghans in progress, not to mention that knitted bunny who just needs a head and the half finished Wildflower Shoulder Bag. I also found a single baby bootie, but no sign of a pattern, so it got frogged. Also another half finished knit dishcloth. There are probably more projects around, but I've found enough to keep me going for months. Now, I just need to buckle down and work on those, instead of being distracted by other things. So far this year, I have knit a dishcloth and made 2 hats. In my defense, both dishcloths and hats used up stash yarn. However, that's not getting those projects finished.....

I might need an intervention.......

Have a great day ladies.

'Morning, everyone. :)   The sun is shining and it's supposed to be 75* today.  Sure doesn't feel like January!

Joanne ~ Looking forward to seeing the baby 'ghan and the knitted shawl!  Your other projects using the cakes yarn were wonderful. :yes

Cindy ~ You have accomplished a lot! :clap   Your wips don't sound too overwhelming...easy for me to say. Lol  An intervention might be in order for several of us. :D

Judy ~ Have you watched the newest Sherlock shows on PBS?  I've been recording a lot lately and hope to watch one this afternoon. 

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :)

I will finally have a day at home today!  (Maybe I shouldn't jinx it by saying it out loud)  When this last load of laundry is done, I'm going to crochet as much as possible today. :)  Have a great day! :manyheart

Good morning peeps!

Joanne, you are a dynamo! Looking forward to the picture of the shawl.

Good morning. It's warm-ish here, but no talk of getting anywhere near 60. In fact it's supposed to snow today, then rain for the weekend.

I only had to work one day this week. I have gotten a lot of stuff done around here. I am weeding through my clothes and have way downsized my purse collection. I went from two under bed storage boxes to a single square basket. I am going to put my summer clothes in those boxes. All my clothes fit in my dresser and closet, but they are a bit crowded. I might even minimize my summer clothes to only what fits in those two boxes. It's not like I am a fashion plate! This morning I already spent time decluttering too...great minds think alike ;) 

Joanne, I looked at the shawl pattern. I like the shape of it, and I'm interested to see how that looks wth the Caron cakes. A few years ago I knit a scarf called "Hitchhiker", which was similar in shape. It was also all garter stitch and I use it all the time. It's soft and squishy.

Mary, this winter seems normal or maybe even a little lighter than normal. Typically we get around 90 to 100 inches of snow a year with most of it coming from mid December to the beginning of a March.

I dug around and I think I found all my WIPs. I have at least five afghans in progress, not to mention that knitted bunny who just needs a head and the half finished Wildflower Shoulder Bag. I also found a single baby bootie, but no sign of a pattern, so it got frogged. Also another half finished knit dishcloth. There are probably more projects around, but I've found enough to keep me going for months. Now, I just need to buckle down and work on those, instead of being distracted by other things. So far this year, I have knit a dishcloth and made 2 hats. In my defense, both dishcloths and hats used up stash yarn. However, that's not getting those projects finished.....
I might need an intervention.......
:rofl ​They must feel like brand new projects! Have fun!
Have a great day ladies.

'Morning, everyone. :)   The sun is shining and it's supposed to be 75* today.  Sure doesn't feel like January!

Joanne ~ Looking forward to seeing the baby 'ghan and the knitted shawl!  Your other projects using the cakes yarn were wonderful. :yes

Cindy ~ You have accomplished a lot! :clap   Your wips don't sound too overwhelming...easy for me to say. Lol  An intervention might be in order for several of us. :D

Judy ~ Have you watched the newest Sherlock shows on PBS?  I've been recording a lot lately and hope to watch one this afternoon. I have been hooked on Sherlock Holmes my entire adult life- and ADORE Cumberbatch! I watch the Sunday night  episodes as soon s they're out. Then I buy the DVDs when released....lol! I have Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett series too. I just got my youngest brother hooked on SH too :haha 

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :)

I will finally have a day at home today!  (Maybe I shouldn't jinx it by saying it out loud)  When this last load of laundry is done, I'm going to crochet as much as possible today.   Have a great day! 

Have a great day my friends. I may get some hook time now that I've done something constructive. Decluttering is an endorphin high for me :2spin

Hi all

It's too dark and the picture is not showing the colors right. I'll take a pic of the blanket Saturday morning in the daylight

Cindy. You got a lot accomplished. Good luck with the WIPs. I like the way the shawl is coming along with the Caron cakes. It's nice mindless knitting.

Mary. Hope you got some crochet time today!!, you deserve it !!!!

Morning, all. :)   Yep - more crazy weather!  Today is in the 40's, windy with some rain. 

Today is pretty quiet.  I'll pick up the boys from school with a grocery stop before that.  SIL will pick them up after work...we've been alternating days on who takes them home. :)   DD is finally getting regular sleep and feeling pretty good!

Yes, I did get to crochet yesterday!  The neglected vintage stripe is about ½ finished and I've made 34 hexagons.

Judy ~ I watched Sunday's Sherlock while crocheting yesterday.  Wow!  Loved it. :yes

Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Good morning. It's another cold day here, but for a change, the sun is struggling to get through. It's been mostly cloudy and overcast for weeks!

Yesterday, I spent much of the day deep cleaning the family room. It's been neglected lately. I need to weed out the dvds in the cabinet still and clean the drawers in the end tables. Windows will have to wait until spring. Today I'm going to craft and read. My back has had enough cleaning for a bit.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi peeps

Morning, all. :)   Yep - more crazy weather!  Today is in the 40's, windy with some rain. 

Today is pretty quiet.  I'll pick up the boys from school with a grocery stop before that.  SIL will pick them up after work...we've been alternating days on who takes them home. :)   DD is finally getting regular sleep and feeling pretty good!Sleep is the best medicine! Good to hear it!

Yes, I did get to crochet yesterday!  The neglected vintage stripe is about ½ finished and I've made 34 hexagons.

Judy ~ I watched Sunday's Sherlock while crocheting yesterday.  Wow!  Loved it. :yes It was a pretty intense episode! I thought the bad guy was super weird. Tomorrow night's scheduled episode was changed , I was told. It is supposed to be at 7, not 9....because of the new show VICTORIA.

Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Good morning. It's another cold day here, but for a change, the sun is struggling to get through. It's been mostly cloudy and overcast for weeks!

Yesterday, I spent much of the day deep cleaning the family room. It's been neglected lately. I need to weed out the dvds in the cabinet still and clean the drawers in the end tables. Windows will have to wait until spring. Today I'm going to craft and read. My back has had enough cleaning for a bit.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

That's when I know I have to stop - my back reminds me. If I were smart I wouldn't wait till it got to that point :reyes

I changed the sheets today and then decided to go through a small bookcase in my sitting room and ended up pulling out some hardcovers that I want to get rid of. The bulk of our books rest in the built ins in the living room (aka: Man Cave). That's next.

Have a good one, my friends. :hug

Archived