Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi house!!

Had a nice relaxing day today. Went for a mani and pedi and then we watched the winter classic hockey game. I worked on a knit blanket that was in my WIP pile. I think I may end up making this for my brother. It's all one color and has nice texture. If I'm lucky, I'll have it done by August for his borthday. Lol

Mary glad you had no damage from the storms. When is DD's surgery? I'm sure all will go well

Hope everyone had a nice day. Back to work tomorrow and I know I'll be busy At least it is a short week :-)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies. Work was good today....although I still wish that I hadn't scheduled myself to work! I'm working tomorrow as well.

Mary, I'm glad that you had no damage from the storm. Although being without electricity is pretty annoying. It's amazing how quickly they send people home after surgery. A friend of mine is having a spinal fusion done Wednesday and she thinks she will be well enough to join us for lunch on the 19th. That just over two weeks after major surgery. I think that everyone will be surprised if she actually shows up. Of course, if anyone could do it, it would be her!

Have a good "rest of the evening".

Hi House. :)   Winter has returned to north Texas.  Brr!

DD's surgery is at 9 tomorrow a.m., so I plan on being there about 8.  I'm more nervous than she is...she's still my baby. ;)

I'll check in sometime tomorrow.  Have a good night! :manyheart

Good morning. After a couple of days of 40 degree weather we are down to the low teens again. Brrrr......

Mary, sending good thoughts and saying a prayer for Sarah's surgery. You are right, we are always going to worry about our children.

I had a great day at work Monday, and I got to be on call yesterday. I actually had a pretty productive day at home. Last week I bought myself a fancy planner and I actually wrote out a to do list in it...in ink. For some reason writing things down makes me more likely to actually follow through and do them. If I write them in pencil, I have been known to erase what I didn't accomplish, hence the ink. I'm also considering tracking exercise and establishing some daily routines rather than the slap dash, happy go lucky method that I typically use to get things done. That is my usual pattern, except at work, where I am considered a good example, being both organized and focused. If those people could just see me at home!

Oldest DD went shopping last night and says there are a lot of really good after Christmas deals in the stores. She got a coffee maker for less than $4. I'm thinking about checking the sales out today. (Like I need more stuff....) Tomorrow will be our oldest grandsons birthday visit. He just turned 12, but he still wants to spend the day over here. I was a bit worried that he would think he is getting too old. Wonder if he's old enough to strip wall paper? (Just kidding!)

Well, off I go to get started on the to do list. Have a great day!

'Morning, House.

Thank you for the positive thoughts and prayers, ladies. :)  Leaving here shortly.  Right in the middle of rush hour - all the way to the hospital!  My crochet bag is in the car.

Cindy ~ Love that you're using ink!  I still "cheat" with a pencil depending on what it is. ;)

Morning peeps!

Mary, hoping that all is well with DD by now. I wish her a quick and uneventful healing period!

Sending you big hugs!

Good morning. After a couple of days of 40 degree weather we are down to the low teens again. Brrrr......

Coming our way~

Mary, sending good thoughts and saying a prayer for Sarah's surgery. You are right, we are always going to worry about our children.

I had a great day at work Monday, and I got to be on call yesterday. I actually had a pretty productive day at home. Last week I bought myself a fancy planner and I actually wrote out a to do list in it...in ink. For some reason writing things down makes me more likely to actually follow through and do them. If I write them in pencil, I have been known to erase what I didn't accomplish, hence the ink. I'm also considering tracking exercise and establishing some daily routines rather than the slap dash, happy go lucky method that I typically use to get things done. That is my usual pattern, except at work, where I am considered a good example, being both organized and focused. If those people could just see me at home! ​I had to chuckle about your home and work person! Our DS is exactly the same - efficient and attentive to every detail work-wise, but other things.... :reyes 

Oldest DD went shopping last night and says there are a lot of really good after Christmas deals in the stores. She got a coffee maker for less than $4. I'm thinking about checking the sales out today. (Like I need more stuff....) Tomorrow will be our oldest grandsons birthday visit. He just turned 12, but he still wants to spend the day over here. I was a bit worried that he would think he is getting too old. Like with my Goddaughter, they never get too old for one on one time. Have fun making memories. Wonder if he's old enough to strip wall paper? (Just kidding!)

Well, off I go to get started on the to do list. Have a great day!

Here's the small throw I made for DS's new office - will be bringing it to him tomorrow when we get to see it all spiffy. I have seen pics of the carpet, cabinets and walls, which is why I picked Grey Heather. 

post-8552-0-75590000-1483543067_thumb.jpg

Hi House.

DD's surgery went well and she was up walking around and having a popsicle by the time we left the hospital at 3!  The hardest part for her will be not overdoing, so her friends are already texting and reminding her. Lol

Judy ~ The throw for DS's office is gorgeous.  Perfect color and pattern!  

Thank you all for your support and prayers. :manyheart

So happy that DD is doing well, Mary!!! Now for her to take it easy!!!!

Judy, nice throw for DS office. I love grey heather!!

Cindy, have fun with your GS tomorrow!!! There really is a special bond between grandparents and grandchildren. I never tired of spending time with my grandmothers. I have very fond memories of one on one time with them!! As I'm sure your grandchildren do.

Today was not as crazy busy as yesterday. Thank goodness !!!! Now to crochet and relax.

Have a good night all

Thanks for the compliments, my friends!

The blanket is nice and squishy, too - that color was soft even before I washed it!

Mary, that's great news about DD! It sounds like she won't need you to remind her to take it easy, too :lol

Here's a pic of the purple GS UFO - this was before I had all the squares joined. I'm working on a nice border for it right now and it should be finished in a couple of days - in between, I'm reading a lot.

Have a good day everyone!

post-8552-0-49491300-1483622421_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

I came over to the sewing group and brought my computer with me. The girls have been working on a t-shirt quilt from our friend who passed away last spring from cancer. They were her cancer t-shirts. Her husband is giving it to there granddaughter for a wedding gift. She's getting married in the spring. 

Mary, Glad to hear things went well for Sarah after her surgery. It's cooling down here also. 

Judy, Both your gray throw and your granny square throw are lovely.

Cindy, Happy Birthday to your DGS!

Hi to everyone else in the house. Just a few more days until I get internet at my place. I hope everyone has a great week!

Good evening house!

Bet you all wondered what had happened to me?  I have been busy as a bee, shipping rates are going up on the 22nd, I have had to go in and do lots of work in my etsy shops, quarterly taxes and inventory.  I have everything done except the inventory.  My brain is fried!  In between it all I have been trying to whip up Valentine products and discount left over Christmas goodies..my oh my!

Judy-the grey afghan is a stunner!  It looks cozy and so nice.  The purple grannie ghan is spectacular!  You do such amazing work!

Mary-so glad that your dd is out of surgery and recovering.  How is she feeling?

Joanne-Your New Years Eve with Jali sounded just delightful!  A mani and pedi sound great too!  Do you have tons of snow in your neck of the woods?

Cindy-I am a big To Do List maker, I always have one, but some days I can't get to everything.  Sometimes the lists stress me out as it all seems so daunting.  

Hello to the rest of the house!  Must call in my yarn order before the day gets away from me, talk soon.  hugs!

Good morning ladies. It is very cold here, but not snowing...at least not at the moment!

DGS had a great day over here yesterday. We went out to breakfast, made a puzzle, played games, built with legs and watched a video. We topped it off with pizza.

Lee Ann, my to do list wasn't the everyday sort of stuff that I always do. It's for the stuff that I continually procrastinate on. This week, among other things, it included shampooing some of the carpets and giving kitchen and bathroom floors a really good scrubbing. I've done everything on the list except bathroom floors, which I hope to do today. I will need to go grocery shopping today too. I'm also tracking exercise. I'm not doing too well with that though. Actually, I'm doing fine with tracking, there just hasn't been a lot of exercise to track!

Judy, your purple throw looks wonderful. So far this year, I've knit a dishcloth and made a couple of covered hangers. Both the dishcloth and hangers used up yarn odds and ends. I like the covered hangers a lot to keep clothes from sliding off. They really work well. I've made sets for my children as well.

I'm workin this weekend, so hoping that we don't get as much snow as they are predicting. Have a great day.

Cindy-I am a big To Do List maker, I always have one, but some days I can't get to everything.  Sometimes the lists stress me out as it all seems so daunting.  

I'm also a list maker--and I've found that it helps with the stress if I cross out the items that are finished.  Leaving them on the list, but crossing them out lets you see how much you DO have done! 

Hi House.  I'm keeping up with reading your posts, but things have been a little crazy with the boys here. ;)   DD is doing well for just 2 days since the surgery.  I thought I'd have some time today, but the predicted ''snow flurries" turned into a blizzard and we quickly went back and got them from school.  I was so afraid of them getting stuck at school, but we were fine.  We only had about 1½  inches at our house, but they had a lot more at their school.  So they had a lot of fun outside in the snow today!  Grammy is tired. :lol

Have a good evening and I will check in tomorrow. :manyheart

Good morning. I'm ready for work but have a little bit of extra time for once. It did not snow much overnight and it's not snowing at the moment. It's really cold though, so I'm sure that the little bit that fell is all over the roads.

I made it through my entire to do list and have started a new list for next week. Coralling and organizing WIPs is in the list.

Mary, hope dd continues to heal. I can understand that having the boys makes Grammy tired. It's fun, but it's hard work!

Enjoy the day, ladies.

Good morning.

Glad to see dd is doing well, Mary. I bet you slept well last night. Boys are tiring, but you are creating wonderful memories for them!!!

Cindy, hope your work day goes well! Your GS birthday celebration sounds wonderful.

LeeAnn. We had a little bit of snow yesterday. It's supposed to snow today, but depends on the tracking of the storm on how much or little we get. So far this winter, we have been lucky. It it is only the beginning of Jan. lol.

Judy, the purple granny is lovely!!! What are you working on now? I'm finishing up on the baby blanket for my co worker and then I think I'll start a knit project. Not sure what yet. And will start another crochet blanket. I need to use some of my stash up!!!!

Marisa, hope all is well in the burg!!

Marlene...I'm sure you will be happy when your internet is hooked up!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Good morning peeps!

Thanks everyone!

Joanne, I'm in the process of making big squares using up a batch of Homespun. Mindless...and it'll be for the donate pile. As often as I have to wash the fur off any ghans we use that type of yarn wouldn't hold up too well here!

Good evening house!

Bet you all wondered what had happened to me?  I have been busy as a bee, shipping rates are going up on the 22nd, I have had to go in and do lots of work in my etsy shops, quarterly taxes and inventory.  I have everything done except the inventory.  My brain is fried!  In between it all I have been trying to whip up Valentine products and discount left over Christmas goodies..my oh my! I could never be organized enough to do all that you need to do to keep your business going! Plus I don't have all your energy!

Judy-the grey afghan is a stunner!  It looks cozy and so nice.  The purple grannie ghan is spectacular!  You do such amazing work!Thanks!!

Mary-so glad that your dd is out of surgery and recovering.  How is she feeling?

Joanne-Your New Years Eve with Jali sounded just delightful!  A mani and pedi sound great too!  Do you have tons of snow in your neck of the woods?

Hello to the rest of the house!  Must call in my yarn order before the day gets away from me, talk soon.  hugs!

Good morning ladies. It is very cold here, but not snowing...at least not at the moment!

DGS had a great day over here yesterday. We went out to breakfast, made a puzzle, played games, built with legs and watched a video. We topped it off with pizza.I'll bet he went home with a huge smile on his face!

Lee Ann, my to do list wasn't the everyday sort of stuff that I always do. It's for the stuff that I continually procrastinate on. This week, among other things, it included shampooing some of the carpets and giving kitchen and bathroom floors a really good scrubbing. I've done everything on the list except bathroom floors, which I hope to do today. I will need to go grocery shopping today too. I'm also tracking exercise. I'm not doing too well with that though. Actually, I'm doing fine with tracking, there just hasn't been a lot of exercise to track!

Judy, your purple throw looks wonderful. So far this year, I've knit a dishcloth and made a couple of covered hangers. Both the dishcloth and hangers used up yarn odds and ends. I like the covered hangers a lot to keep clothes from sliding off. They really work well. I've made sets for my children as well. I have some my MIL made ...getting rough looking. Would you be able to share the pattern on the "gift" CAL? It sounds like another quick and practical project that we could use! 

I'm workin this weekend, so hoping that we don't get as much snow as they are predicting. Have a great day.

Looks like we're going to get snow for most of the day today - the dogs will be so happy. As long as I go out with them :lol

Have a great day my friends!

Top of the morning house!

It was Negative 22 °F here last night :wgrin We also have a foot of snow in our yard, some parts we have two.  The weather man said that it was to snow but I wasn't really expecting this much.   :no   I closed the shops early as folks were staying home.  I mainly drove in as my dd had to go take her Drivers Permit test.  She is officially a driver in the state of Colorado, with an adult that is.  She was super excited.  We went to the shop to shovel snow as they ticket if you do not clear off your sidewalk.  The Wileys that own the building are out of town.  Dr. Wiley had to have an emergency surgery.  It is only me running Joyce's antique shop and mine but with it being January it is all workiing out.

Judy-I have so much yarn in my stash but I always find that I run out of something when I am trying to use something up and then end up buying more.   :lol   That is what I tell dh  :P   Your new ghan is going to be super soft and lovely.

Joanne-so glad that the snow has missed you for the time being.  I was thinking of that one year when you had tons of snow, I was totally relating yesterday.  What is on your agenda for the weekend?

Mary-how's it going? Are you getting a tiny bit of time to rest inbetween all of the grand fun?  

Cindy-woohoo!  That is just so great to hear/see/read that you crossed all of your items off of your list for the week.  Way to go my friend!  I am working on my list, housework should be written on mine as I am a bit behind.

Marisa-how are you doing?  Keeping busy I am sure!  What hooky/knit projects are you  working on?

Woke up super early as I have tons to do, have about 170+soaps to make, have half of them poured.  Guess I better get to it, these soapies aren't going to pour themselves.   :manyheart   Stay warm my friends! :ghug

Well, it is snowing. And we are going to get more than they originally thought. We were supposed to drive to Brooklyn to meet up with my brothers, sister in laws, and some nieces and nephews at noon. Dh and I called and said that we were going to stay home due to the snow. It is an hr and 1/2 drive on a good day.....and the roads are not good now. Kind of disappointed, but it is what it is. Tonight my dd has an art opening in red bank. Which is close to my youngest dds house. Her plan was to stay overnight at her house. Not sure if she is going or not due to the weather. Will check in later. It's not until 7 tonight.

May as well pull out the hook and work on the blanket.

Hello again. It's snowing hard here. The roads weren't awful on my way home from work, but not great either. They will probably be awful in the morning. They don't plow very early on Sundays around here.

I crossed off everything on this weeks to do list. I think next weeks to do list is going to start with digging out all my WIPs. Then I think I'm going to rotate through WIPs with the goal of having some finishes.

Judy, I don't really have a pattern for the covered hangers, but I will post how I do them on the gift thread when I have time.

Joanne, we stay home when the roads are bad too.

Do is calling me for dinner, so time to go. Enjoy the evening.

Archived