Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks, Judy. Yes we went to the concert, and it was great. It was a local choir with some orchestral accompaniment. Their pianist and organist were both outstanding. As for my nose, I've been through 2 1/2 boxes of Puffs with lotion since Monday! Despite the Puffs, I still have the red nose thing going on. As for my backsplash, I have five different kinds of tile up in various places in the kitchen and none of them are right. I've actually quit looking for a while. I'll worry about it again after Christmas.

Marlene, 108??!!??!!?? Seriously? That's crazy!

Snowing hard here again......

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Cindy - you DO have sensitive skin!!! I'm glad you went to the concert. It's a bummer looking forward to something that nice and then not being able to go.

Does Sophie enjoy romping in the snow?

Bitterly cold today - got into the low 20's in the wee hours this morning.

I hate to say this, but I think I'm no longer a lover of cold weather...

Though you will catch me layered up really well when the snow comes so I can play with the pups :lol

I'm just about done with enough of one light purple color and that will bring an end to the 3 color grannies - but I'll make single color ones using up most of the 2 shades I still have before figuring out how to lay them out. Then it'll be time for black, using the JAYG method.

Stay warm, my friends!

Good morning. It's snowing here and I must say it looks pretty out there. Ds stopped by earlier and he said we are supposed to get 10 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow. He's a bit worried because he has to go to Illinois for work all next week, and needs to be at work by 6 on Monday morning. They are driving there and will be pulling a 17 foot trailer with whatever it is they are going to test there. Ds says he has already told his boss that he's never pulled a trailer so the boss will be doing the driving.

Tonight is the first of our family Christmas parties. It ended up being at mil's assisted living. It was going to be at my brother in laws but they have sick kids. I offered our house, but the general consensus was that it was best for mil to stay put with this much snow. Therefore things will be very simple. I made ham and turkey on little rolls and three different kinds of bars, (brownies, coconut bars and almond bars) as my contribution. I am also bringing drinks. I suspect mil is a little disappointed that it's going to be at her place but she will get over it.

I feel much better but I'm still coughing. At least the coughing doesn't keep me awake at night any longer.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good evening, friends. :)  No snow here thank goodness!  But it's been really cold - back in the 70's tomorrow.  Texas weather is crazy!

Marlene ~ Are you still at DD's?  So sorry about the kids being sick. :hug   Not long ago, Luke had a 103 fever.  The doctor told her if it reached 105 to bring him in.  108 sounds scary high!

Cindy ~ Your holiday festivities sound fun!  I know you all are used to driving in lots of snow...not me! Lol

Judy ~ Great progress on the granny squares!  Yes, I started working on hexies today. ;)  I made 30 little center circles to start with. 

Hi LeeAnn - I bet you're swamped right now!  Have there been lots of shoppers at your B&M store?

Keep your fingers crossed, everyone.  DD and SIL finally have a contract that is a good one!  (They have had three others...each time there was a problem with the buyer's qualifications or one buyer changed their minds.)  The inspection will be early next week and hopefully everything will go smoothly.  The buyers don't want to close until March 1 and that's about the time their new house should be finished!  That will also give Sarah several weeks of recovery after her surgery. :xfin

Dinner is easy - just need to heat up the chicken soup from the other night and make some cornbread. :)

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Hi everyone!!!!

I have been MIA since Sunday after thanksgiving!!! Had A Wonderful holiday, but the boys shared their sickness with me. I ended up at the doctor Monday after thanksgiving, started on antibiotics for bronchitis. Ended up with gi problems from the antibiotics. I stayed home from work until Friday...went to work no then spent the weekend in bed. This past Monday, o went to work amd actually started feeling better. I was taking it easy and going to bed early. I did go visit dd and Jali last night and it was nice to help out and give her a few hours to go to an art function. I slept over, came home in the morning and had my hair cut and colored. Dh and I went grocery shopping and just finished dinner. He still doesn't feel 100% I have to say I feel 99% back to normal.

Read all the posts, but I'm just going to go forward from here.

Hugs to all!

Good morning. We got about six inches of snow overnight. More is expected as there is a winter storm warning here.

Our family Christmas party was nice last night. We didn't stay long as it was so hot there. Also mil tires easily. We came home and watched "Christmas in Connecticut". I like sentimental old Christmas movies.

Mary, fingers crossed that DDs house sale goes without a hitch. Their situation sure makes me see what a blessing it is that our DDs house sold so fast.

Joanne, I'm glad you are finally feeling better. Hope DH feels better soon too.

Judy, is there snow there for the pups to play in? Sophie doesn't mind snow, but she's not into playing in it. My parents had a husky that was crazy about snow and it was fun to watch him play in it.

Have a good day, ladies.

Hi peeps!

No snow yet, Cindy - supposed to get a mix tonight into the morning, but later this week we are scheduled for real snow - the dogs love it - even old Sparkie. Their favorite activity is when I throw snow up in the air and they try and eat it as it lands on them - and there's always the disappearing snowball that I throw into a snow drift. They look puzzled when they can't find it :lol

And I know how hot those assisted living/nursing homes can be, but it's great you got to see your MIL. 

i love those old movies too....Christmas in Connecticut is one of my favorites.

Good evening, friends. :)  No snow here thank goodness!  But it's been really cold - back in the 70's tomorrow.  Texas weather is crazy!

Marlene ~ Are you still at DD's?  So sorry about the kids being sick. :hug   Not long ago, Luke had a 103 fever.  The doctor told her if it reached 105 to bring him in.  108 sounds scary high!

Cindy ~ Your holiday festivities sound fun!  I know you all are used to driving in lots of snow...not me! Lol

Judy ~ Great progress on the granny squares!  Yes, I started working on hexies today. ;)  I made 30 little center circles to start with. Are you making them with a planned color pattern or random?

Hi LeeAnn - I bet you're swamped right now!  Have there been lots of shoppers at your B&M store?

Keep your fingers crossed, everyone.  DD and SIL finally have a contract that is a good one!  (They have had three others...each time there was a problem with the buyer's qualifications or one buyer changed their minds.)  The inspection will be early next week and hopefully everything will go smoothly.  The buyers don't want to close until March 1 and that's about the time their new house should be finished!  That will also give Sarah several weeks of recovery after her surgery. :xfin  I hope everything goes smoothly!

Dinner is easy - just need to heat up the chicken soup from the other night and make some cornbread. :)

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Hi everyone!!!!
I have been MIA since Sunday after thanksgiving!!! Had A Wonderful holiday, but the boys shared their sickness with me. I ended up at the doctor Monday after thanksgiving, started on antibiotics for bronchitis. Ended up with gi problems from the antibiotics. I stayed home from work until Friday...went to work no then spent the weekend in bed. Oh, yuck! You really got hit hard!!  My friend's teenage son is getting over the flu (almost 104 temp!)This past Monday, o went to work amd actually started feeling better. I was taking it easy and going to bed early. I did go visit dd and Jali last night and it was nice to help out and give her a few hours to go to an art function. I slept over, came home in the morning and had my hair cut and colored. Dh and I went grocery shopping and just finished dinner. He still doesn't feel 100% I have to say I feel 99% back to normal.

Read all the posts, but I'm just going to go forward from here.

Hugs to all!

I hope this illness is the last for you two for a long time! It seems so hard to kick these things as we get older.

Hugs to all of you!!

It is snowing. It probably will not amount to much, just enough to make driving to work tomorrow a pain

I went to see DD and Jali today for a few hours. Dh was on the couch, napping and I was getting bored. Lol. We had a nice visit and he is starting to get a little personality. Dd is doing a great job as a single mom. He is crawling all over now!! And trying to stand!

Dinner is just about ready, then tonight we are watching Giants/ cowboys game Don't think I'll stay up for the entire game since 5:20 comes around really quick!!

Have a good rest of what is left of this Sunday Hugs to all!

Hello ladies. We got about 18 inches of snow yesterday! No school here today. However, ds had to go out of town for work and he texted me at around 6:30 that the roads were mostly just wet. So presumably, they could have had school. Most were cancelled already yesterday.

Nothing much happening here. A little cleaning, a little crafting, a little reading.....

Have a good day!

Happy Tuesday!

Went to craft club last night. It had been a few weeks and was nice to go! I made two headbands with wool ease thick and quick for gifts for co-workers, so it was a productive night as well!!

Tonight after work I have to stop and pick up a few small gifts Hoping the store isn't too busy. I'm probably going to go to TJ Maxx so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Have a good day everyone....off to paradise I go!

Good morning. It's c-c-c-cold here this morning! I'm meeting dd and the grandkids at Meijer Gardens this morning. Hope the kids dress warm. I think it will be crowded inside and that they will want to go outside.

I'm feeling a lot better today, so hopefully I will get a few things done. I need to buy one more Christmas gift and a gift card and I'm hoping inspiration soon strikes for that gift. It's for my son in law. He's hard to buy for. Even dd doesn't have any ideas. He might be getting something practical like gloves and tshirts. I tried to delegate that gift to DH, and he claims that he has looked for something, but cant think of anything.

Joanne, I think two headbands in one evening is very productive.

Yesterday my sister in law asked me to make a couple of messy bun hats for one of her grand daughters, so once I get the current dishcloth finished, those will probably be my next project. I like making hats and I love my sister in laws granddaughters.

Good morning House!

Joanne-wonderful hearing from you!  You are on the ball!  Two headbands in one evening, wow!  I bet your co-workers will love them.  Are you planning Christmas?  Will you be hosting?

Cindy-so glad that you are feeling better, it is cold here too!  I haven't jumped on the bandwagon of the messy buns but they are popular!  They seem quick to work up too  I have thick and chunky yarn was thinking of using it to make myself a few beanies..not sure I will get to it this year but I would be so excited to be able to wear fashionable beanies to the shop.

Judy-how's the granny ghan coming along?  Do you do holiday baking?

Marlene-hoping that this week the grands feel better, poor baby being so sick.  How are you feeling?

Hello to the rest of the house!  It has been a whirwind of activity and work on my end.  I am barely hanging on by a thread going to be so grateful when the holidays are over.  Back to work I go, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hi, everyone!

Cindy, I hope you had fun at the Gardens! We're getting that Arctic blast tonight into tomorrow! 

Joanne, Yay for craft club!! It's good to have fun with like-minded crafters!

LeeAnn, I'm finished with 50 GSs...more in the works!

Take care everyone!

Hi everyone. :)   I'm still here and have read your posts.  DH had an appt. yesterday and one today, errands...just the usual boring stuff around here. ;)

Joanne, Cindy - So glad you're both feeling better!

Judy - 50 granny squares is a lot!  Did you make a final decision on the joining color?

LeeAnn ~ Do you have a cut-off date for mailing orders before Christmas?  I bet you're exhausted!

I guess I'd better do some Christmas shopping. Lol  We're not drawing names this year.  My sisters suggested we just focus on the boys and Sarah and her hubby.  Fine with me...the three of us are all trying to downsize!  We always do something for the in-laws and Sarah's two nieces who are 4 and 8, and I have ideas for them!

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Good morning. It's really cold here, 10 degrees. By comparison, yesterday was a balmy 25.

We had a good time at the gardens yesterday. The boys were enthralled by the trains running through a couple of the rooms and DGD was thrilled by all the lights. The children's garden had a twelve days of Christmas themed walk for kids, followed by storytime. We did a lot of walking. The gardens themselves weren't crowded, but several companies were holding meetings there, so the nearby parking lots were full and we had to park a long ways out. One of the attendants told us that there were over 650 people at those meetings.

Mil called yesterday to tell me that today is the Christmas open house at her assisted living. I don't really have time to go there today, but I will. She will be upset if someone doesn't show up because she won't go alone. Pretty much everyone else is working, so I guess I'm elected. It would have been nice if she told us sooner though.

DH did finally come up with a stocking stuffer for dsil, so my Christmas shopping is done! Well, actually, I still need a gift card, but I can easily pick that up. I can probably buy one online fir that matter.

Hi peeps!

Hi everyone. :)   I'm still here and have read your posts.  DH had an appt. yesterday and one today, errands...just the usual boring stuff around here. ;)

Joanne, Cindy - So glad you're both feeling better!

Judy - 50 granny squares is a lot!  Did you make a final decision on the joining color?Black it'll be!

LeeAnn ~ Do you have a cut-off date for mailing orders before Christmas?  I bet you're exhausted!

I guess I'd better do some Christmas shopping. Lol  We're not drawing names this year.  My sisters suggested we just focus on the boys and Sarah and her hubby.  Fine with me...the three of us are all trying to downsize!  We always do something for the in-laws and Sarah's two nieces who are 4 and 8, and I have ideas for them!Great idea!

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Good morning. It's really cold here, 10 degrees. By comparison, yesterday was a balmy 25.It's heading our way tonight!

We had a good time at the gardens yesterday. The boys were enthralled by the trains running through a couple of the rooms and DGD was thrilled by all the lights. The children's garden had a twelve days of Christmas themed walk for kids, followed by story time. What a sweet time!We did a lot of walking. The gardens themselves weren't crowded, but several companies were holding meetings there, so the nearby parking lots were full and we had to park a long ways out. One of the attendants told us that there were over 650 people at those meetings.

Mil called yesterday to tell me that today is the Christmas open house at her assisted living. I don't really have time to go there today, but I will. She will be upset if someone doesn't show up because she won't go alone. Pretty much everyone else is working, so I guess I'm elected. It would have been nice if she told us sooner though.You're a great DIL!

DH did finally come up with a stocking stuffer for dsil, so my Christmas shopping is done! Well, actually, I still need a gift card, but I can easily pick that up. I can probably buy one online fir that matter.

online shopping is a real time saver!

Have  a good day my friends!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad your feeling better. 

Cindy, It's nice that you make yourself available for your mil. My mil loves it when we come and take her out to eat or just go have coffee. Bob's brother use to take her to coffee for many years everyday. But he got made at a couple of sisters and he is punishing his mom by rarely seeing her. She will be 92 in January. I will miss are times together one day when she is not here. Again yesterday she said she is not planning on being here much pass her birthday or she is hoping not to be. Her breathing is really bad and she won't get any oxygen to help her. 

Judy, Our daisy likes playing out in the snow. It surprises me as she don't like the cold. 

Mary, My siblings and mom just get together for Christmas dinner. We stopped gift buying many years ago. Are families is getting pretty large. I just counted up and we have 36 of us and have lost 3. 

LeeAnn, If you made those new ponytail hats and wore them to work I bet you would sell a bunch. Maybe after the holidays as you will still have several months for people to wear them.

Marisa, Are things slowing down at your mom and dads?

Maya and the baby started feeling better saturday. DD has a sore throat now though. We was coming home sunday but with up to 10" of snow predicted we stayed until tuesday as monday no one in Michigan had school. DD got at least 10" and we got about 8". We have more coming tonight. I've already had enough. My brother called me with some good news. He is going to see mine and DH's cardiac doctor. He goes in January. I had a dentist appt yesterday for my cleaning. I seen a different hygienist. I had to give her all the info with my heart. When I told her I had an ablation she asked by Dr. Rhine and I said yes and asked how did she know him. It turns out her DH has A-fib and is schedule in march for an ablation and so is his sister. We had lots to talk about. You would of thought we had been friends forever. DH was suppose to get another injection in his back, but the doctors office called and cancelled. The insurance has approved it. I called the insurance and doctors office each three times trying to get it fixed and couldn't. One blames the other one. I did reschedule for next thursday in hopes they will get it settled as next thursday we will go to DD's then leave for Texas the following monday. I hope everyone has a good rest of the week. Stay warm!

Happy Thursday, friends!

Judy ~ Any special birthday plans?  I hope you're having a good day. :)   The black will be perfect with the shades of purple!

Cindy ~ Your day at the gardens sounds so fun!  Way to go on finishing your shopping...I'm getting there. Lol  I'm glad you were able to go the MIL's open house.  Granny (my MIL) always enjoyed having her family at functions while in assisted living and then the nursing home. ♥

Marlene ~ Your schedule is so busy!  I hope your DD isn't getting what the kids had. :hug  You'll be Texas before you know it!

Excitement in the neighborhood this morning - 3 fire trucks and police cars.  Two doors from us - college age kids making donuts and caught their kitchen on fire!  Major damage to their home, but thankfully they are both okay. 

Back to laundry and desk stuff. 

Good afternoon house!

Mary-oh my gosh!  That sure is scary!  Cooking can be dangerous, that is so sad to hear that the house is damaged, will they have to re-do the entire kitchen?  I am seriously thinking of putting my Etsy shops on Vacation for a week, I usually do not do that but a few days break would be wonderful.  

Judy-Happy Birthday to you!   :birthday  :bday  :cake  hoping that you are enoying your day!

Marlene-you have had an awful lot of snow!  We have had a dusting here but I think it is too cold for snow.  It is in the negatives almost every night, during the days the hottest it gets is 40F.  I am secretly glad as I would rather deal with the cold than the snow.

Cindy-how are you doing this week?  How was your mil?  I bet she was super happy to have family over to visit.

Joanne-hi there!  Have you jumped on the crazy bun hats?

Yesterday I closed the shop and went to a cookie/ceramic party.  Boy oh boy did I enjoy myself!  It was nice to take a break but I shall be working until Christmas.  Joyce my landlady and the antique shop owner flew out to California yesterday as her dd had her baby.  She is going to be gone until after Christmas.  I will be running her shop and mine until then.  

The crazy bun hats are a phenomenom, I should make some for the shop..so many patterns..so little time.   :lol

Guess I should get started on my paperwork, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hi, peeps!

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!. It's been a great day already, with surprises and phone calls...wonderful :manyheart

Tonight is our book club "Holiday" party, a wine and chocolate theme. I made home made fudge :D  and I'll bring club soda as my contribution for drinks. It's nice that the party fell on my birthday this year! I also have some delayed birthday lunches its - this time of the year it's necessary, though I am going to see a good friend tomorrow so we can exchange gifts. She had her birthday last week.

Hi Marlene, Joanne, Marisa and everyone!

I'm so grateful for our little corner of the world here....you are all such a wonderful bunch of supportive friends. :manyheart  :manyheart  :hug

Hi LeeAnn ~ Congratulations to "Grandma Joyce." :c9   Stay warm!  Like you, with those temps I'd be glad for no snow.  Brrr!

Judy ~ What fun to have book club on your birthday!  I know you're having fun. :)

Our crazy weather - Saturday morning is supposed to be 70*... and then drop at least 50* degrees by late Saturday!  With wind chills in the mid-teens, I think we'll stay in Sunday. :lol

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Archived