Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Luke called me this morning to tell me he can tie his own shoes now!  He got his first pair of Nikes and his first pair that doesn't have velcro.  He was so excited. :)   Of course, he's upset that some of his friends have lost some baby teeth and he hasn't . :lol

Isn't that always how it goes? You can never beat everybody else's accomplishments, no matter how great your accomplishments are!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that always how it goes? You can never beat everybody else's accomplishments, no matter how great your accomplishments are!

:)  You are so right! Lol  One day I can remind him of these trying times. :lol

Good morning

I'm glad that Christmas Eve and Christmas are falling on the weekend. Especially Christmas Eve since I'm off and when It falls on a weekday I have to work. Still have wrapping to do. I was racking my brain on what to get my dd and sil. Finally decided to give them Amazon gift cards since they order from there a lot! I'm going to give $ to my middle dd. and I had already ordered my oldest her gifts from her Amazon wish list. We are going to my son in laws moms house Christmas Eve and I have to only make one thing. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows. I haven't baked one cookie yet, and at this point I don't think it is happening. We will see, maybe tomorrow.

Hope you have a good Friday!

Good morning House!

Joanne-the Cookie Making may not happen until after Christmas.  Dd and I were supposed to bake last night but after drivig home on the slick roads, I was exhuasted.  We both agreed that we could do it after Christmas.  

Cindy-oh my gosh!  I hope that you find a bit of time to rest a bit inbetween all of the fun activities.  Just last night my dd and I were talking about how sometimes the Holidays can add so much stress.  For once, I am feeling relatively stress free, we are going to the in-laws on Christmas Eve.  We will be spending the night and then part of Christmas Day then make the trek back home.  They live about 45 minutes away but they have about a foot of snow.  It will be slow going and returning.

Mary-how cute your grandson is!  What an accomplishment to tie his shoes! Seems like kids are in such a hurry to grow up, adulting as my son says is hard work.  

Judy-what is on the agenda for today?  Did you get all of your baking done?

Today is my last day open before the holiday, not sure if we will be busy.  I ran out of yarn..will have to order more as the scarf is looking lovely, I am thinking it may take about 2 more skeins as they are only 3.5 oz and it is a wide scarf.  My mom is going to love it!

Back to working on the Temperature Afghan, I am about 5 days behind.  Have a Merry Christmas!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hello ladies. I ended up baking just one kind of cookie over at DDs. DDs baked several kinds of cookies, made two kinds of fudge, pecan bars, almond bars and they were starting on sugar cookies when I left. I have what I wanted, enough to take to work and for tomorrow evening. I don't know if I will have any left for Sunday though. However, Dh is getting an apple pie from the bakery tomorrow, so that will work for Christmas Day. It will only be mil, ds, youngest DD and the two of us. Monday morning we will be leaving to go celebrate with my family in Canada. We will come home on Tuesday, probably.

Tonight I'm going to knit and watch Christmas movies. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow.

Just in case I don't get back before Sunday, I wish you all a wonderful Christmas!

Happy Christmas Eve, my friends!

Last night I realized I hadn't been here for a visit!

'Morning everyone!  Santa will be here before we know it. ;)

LeeAnn ~ Yay for taking a mini-vacation from one of your shops!  I know you're still working plenty of hours with your other jobs though!  The kids must be excited about having a break from school, too!

Marlene ~ Will you leave for the coast from your DD's again this year?  Safe travels and have a wonderful Christmas!

Judy ~ I love that your vet said "use your judgement"...ours pretty much says the same thing. Lol  They know what mama bears we are when it comes to our fur babies.  Gracie is doing really well, but is still on leash outside and the gate is at the bottom of the stairs. She's getting there! Great progress on the afghan!Thanks! I laid the squares out in my upstairs sitting room and arranged them in 7 by 11 rows (3 extra will be the start of small granny ghans). Then I said to myself: Self, you are just going to have to sit on the floor and sc them all together! So, I'm about halfway finished with the long strips, then I can pick it up and bring it downstairs to work on. I'll be picking out a girly border to work in the black. Lacy looking, maybe. I have the Around the Corner edging book.

We're meeting SIL at his office this a.m. to take the boy's Santa presents.  DD had everything delivered here and her DH will keep them at his office until Sat. night. :lol  Sue is coming Saturday and will stay until Monday...I'm so glad she'll be here!  Her stepson and his girlfriend will also be at Sarah's on Christmas.Enjoy! The boys will be so excited!

Better get ready to leave - Have a good morning! :manyheart

Judy-ohhh laaa laaa cookies sound great! I have never heard of kruschiki cookies are they a flour based cookie?Yes - it's Polish, and very rich: sweetened condensed milk and almond extract are what make it good - plus a dusting of Powdered sugar after they're deep fried!

Hello to the rest of the house!  

We are in the middle of a snow storm.  I drove in, took about 45 minutes as I was inching.  The roads are icy, the snow is still falling. Yikes! I'll bet you keep a stockpile of canned goods on hand in case you get stuck! In spite of it, it has been busy here at the shop.  I am a bit worried about the drive home, may hop on with dh and leave my car here, it can be pretty scary driving on the highway to my house.  Also started a knit scarf using bulk yarn that I had in my stash, hoping that one skein will make one scarf but am not sure..keeping my fingers crossed as I will have to order it in if it doesn't work out.  Back to knitting, have a great day my friends!That's how I get in trouble: trying to use up stash and then having to buy more to finish!

SPECIAL INVITATION:

You're all invited to be part of our first annual Special Snowflake games that will take place in January. You can read all about it in our Special Snowflake Games FAQ thread.

Thanks Amy - I'll be checking this out!

HI ladies. Busy, busy, busy here. I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. I'm exhausted and my todo list is still quite long......You sound like me - hard to say no, even when my body is telling me to stop!

Judy, one of my co-workers just got a GSD puppy. It's the cutest thing ever! Two of their neighbors got pups from the same litter after seeing their puppy. I told my friend that she should get a commissions!Siblings! OMG!!!   I only wish they could stay small...lol! I hope the new owners have own dogs before. Crate training is vital - not so much for housebreaking - for chewing! I lost a sofa once and several rooms of carpet. Takes about 2 years before that stage leaves. 

Mary, glad to hear that Gracie is doing well.

LeeAnn, drive safe. We are in melting mode at the moment, although it's supposed to cool off and snow later. I have a few skeins of bulky yarn that I don't know what to do with. I'm making a hat out of one, but I'm afraid I'm going to run out of yarn. It's going to be close. Maybe it won't be as slouchy as the pattern or maybe it's going to get a few different colotpred stripes.........or maybe it will be frogged! I'm also knitting "ugly dishcloths out of all those last bits from the skeins. They won't look nice, but they will work. I just knit until one ball is gone, attach another and keep knitting so far they've been "co-ordinated", but eventually they will just be a mishmash of whatever I have laying around.The dishcloth idea is great - I can get back into knitting without using good yarn.

Marisa, I laughed when you said that the office is busy because people had met their deductibles. However, at the same time I wondered if that's why Marlene's hubby had his injection for back pain denied.

Work was good Tuesday and Wednesday. We went out to dinner last night to some place that has live music for the holidays. Plus....I had a coupon for a free meal. Dinner cost less than $12 for the two of us. Even with a tip for the waitress and some money in the musicians tip jar, it was a cheap evening. We ran into several people we knew in the restaurant, including two families that we haven't seen in a few years. Dh's brother was there too, along with his wife and daughter. After dinner we went to visit mil. The minute she saw us, she started going on and on about how she would love to come over for Christmas. So we now have to add picking up mil, (she lives 35 minutes away), and taking her home to the craziness of Christmas Day. I don't mind having her here at all, but I do mind the extra work.It's so hard to say no to her, I know. We were like the with my MIL. We just want to make them smile.

I got up early this morning, did all my laundry, ironed(!), baked a dessert, (caramel apple cheesecake bars), for my families Christmas party on Monday, made some almond bars, did some cleaning and went to the grocery store. Now I'm collapsed in the recliner. I need to bring some sort of appetizer on Monday as well, but I will probably just bring a cheese, sausage and cracker tray. Thats what I brought last year, and it was the first thing that disappeared. It looked like the men preferred that to the usual array of dips and fancy munchies.Good idea!

Mary, tomorrow I am spending the day baking cookies with my DDs. I don't really want a lot of baked stuff around, but I'd like a little bit here at home, and some to share at work on Saturday. At first I was going to bring cookies to my family party as well but I decided to bring something a little fancier instead.

Saturday, I have to work. Since DD and family have other plans on Christmas Day, we are having our immediate family for dinner on Saturday. I think I'm going to make some sort of casserole. I won't have the time or energy to make a big dinner after work and I can probably assemble the casserole tomorrow, and just throw it in the oven on Saturday when I get home. If it's got pasta and cheese the grandkids will like it. I found a recipe that has cheese, chicken, pasta and bacon in it. What's not to like! :).Can you share that recipe - it also has our favorite things!

I already told mil that I'm not making a traditional Christmas dinner on Sunday either. I'm thinking of making a roast. Actually, she will probably enjoy that, I don't recall seeing that on the menu at the nursing home.We're having roast beef and oven roasted potatoes. Easy!

So...take a deep breath...the busyness will all be over in a few days. Everything will be fine, even if I don't get through my to do list. At least my gifts are bought and wrapped.

Well, I'd best get out of this recliner and get back to my to do list. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Luke called me this morning to tell me he can tie his own shoes now!  He got his first pair of Nikes and his first pair that doesn't have velcro.  He was so excited. :)   Of course, he's upset that some of his friends have lost some baby teeth and he hasn't . :lol

Have a good rest of the day, friends. :manyheart

Luke sounds so sweet!

Good morning
I'm glad that Christmas Eve and Christmas are falling on the weekend. Especially Christmas Eve since I'm off and when It falls on a weekday I have to work. Still have wrapping to do. I was racking my brain on what to get my dd and sil. Finally decided to give them Amazon gift cards since they order from there a lot! I'm going to give $ to my middle dd. and I had already ordered my oldest her gifts from her Amazon wish list. We are going to my son in laws moms house Christmas Eve and I have to only make one thing. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows. I haven't baked one cookie yet, and at this point I don't think it is happening. We will see, maybe tomorrow.

Hope you have a good Friday!

We give an Amazon GC to DS, among others....he buys almost everything on line

Mary-how cute your grandson is!  What an accomplishment to tie his shoes! Seems like kids are in such a hurry to grow up, adulting as my son says is hard work.  

Judy-what is on the agenda for today?  Did you get all of your baking done?I made fudge  a couple of weeks ago and the fruschikis are it - DS isn't a big desert eater and neither are we. We're it for Christmas.

Today is my last day open before the holiday, not sure if we will be busy.  I ran out of yarn..will have to order more as the scarf is looking lovely, I am thinking it may take about 2 more skeins as they are only 3.5 oz and it is a wide scarf.  My mom is going to love it!Picture??

Back to working on the Temperature Afghan, I am about 5 days behind.  Have a Merry Christmas!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hello ladies. I ended up baking just one kind of cookie over at DDs. DDs baked several kinds of cookies, made two kinds of fudge, pecan bars, almond bars and they were starting on sugar cookies when I left. I have what I wanted, enough to take to work and for tomorrow evening. I don't know if I will have any left for Sunday though. However, Dh is getting an apple pie from the bakery tomorrow, so that will work for Christmas Day. It will only be mil, ds, youngest DD and the two of us. Monday morning we will be leaving to go celebrate with my family in Canada. We will come home on Tuesday, probably.Safe travels!

Tonight I'm going to knit and watch Christmas movies. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow.

Just in case I don't get back before Sunday, I wish you all a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Cindy, and everyone, in case I'm not back before!

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

I have been to trader joes and to Dearborn market this morning. Pouring rain, but I got there early so neither place was crowded yet. The rain I supposed to stop later on. I made the sweet potatoes last night and wrapped gifts. Today I need to clean and do laundry before heading out at 4. Tomorrow I'm making regular lasagne and eggplant lasagne Easy since I use the Ronzoni no bake noodles. And I bought the fried eggplant at the market.

Wishing you all an enjoyable Christmas Eve. And Cindy, I hope your work day goes by fast and isnt too crazy. My DD is on call Monday and I'm on call to babysit if she gets called in and if son in law gets stuck at work.

HUGS!!!!

:ctree Merry Christmas Everyone :ctree I hope everyone had a nice day. We are leaving in the morning. Should be at are Texas home wednesday or thursday. We will have rain tomorrow, but it is so much better than snow. If we have internet service I'll let you guys know where were at. It may be a few days before I get service at are place as we moved and no one had been living on that lot for two years so the service needs to be installed. Have a good week! I'll catch up later.

Good morning!!!

Had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Unfortunately my son in law got stuck at work so missed the Christmas Eve festivities at his moms house. He had to be at work on 6 am on Christmas Day so missed the boys opening their gifts for Santa. Luckily he didn't get stuck again and was able to join everyone at my house. I went up to my dds and Jali's in the morning to see him on his first Christmas morning. He loved the ribbon the packages were wrapped in. It was his favorite thing. Lol. We had breakfast together and then we all headed to my house. The cousins had fun together, but around 6 Ryan was complaining of an earache so son in law took him to the ER and sure enough, he has an ear infection. They gave him a dose of antibiotics and ear drops and Motrin and by the time they got back he was feeling so much better. Dd will pick up the antibiotics this morning since of course no pharmacies were open. Felt so bad for him but glad that he was able to get seen and quickly I might add. They were only gone about 1 1/2 hours and that includes the drive there and back. They always go to the hospital where my daughter works when ER visits are necessary. Everyone left around 9 ish and this Grammie was tired.

I slept late this morning...well late for me. Got up around 7:30 and I feel so much better!!! Today I'm on call to babysit. I'll know later on if I have to head down. Fingers crossed son in law doesn't get stuck then he will be home if dd gets called in to work. At least I'm off work wed, thur fri and don't go back till the 3 rd. just have to work tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day and created some more Christmas memories. Safe travels! Marlene!!!

Good morning housemates!

I hope you all had a very wonderful Merry Christmas! :ctree  :gift  :rud  :2snowman  :santa

Last week was a busy one and mom managed to get enough baking done to feel good about it.  She really scaled back this year in both, types of cookie and amount of each!  She made Italian cookies, Russian Tea Biscuits, Nut Tassy's, Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, Pineapple, Coconut, Cherry, Nut Kolachy's, and Pizzelle's (both Vanilla and Anise)....I think that's it. We had both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at their new house!  On Christmas Eve, we were 15....so she was a happy camper for sure.  All of us, plus Bean's sisters families (their Grandma wasn't feeling up to it, but she's 98 now so they don't push her too much) and then my friend Kristen and a friend of Steph and Bean's who was in town for the weekend as well.  Christmas Day was a bit more relaxed and dinner was early since Steph and Bean went to the Steelers game in the afternoon.  Me, Troy, and Kristen hung out at my parents.....got in a 'full' Christmas Story and then put in Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, which we haven't watched in forever and neither Kristen nor Troy had ever seen it.  It was always one of our favorites.

As for the insurance denial....I hate to say it, but quite often it seems that the doctor's notes are a bit incomplete :(  I don't know if I've been lucky, or am just good at dealing with insurance...but I only had 2 denials all year and had one turned around by supplementing more paperwork to 'prove' my case so to speak.  Granted, my type of care is non-invasive and is not on the same level as an injection at all.  Basically, the doctor needs to show what's already been done and that it hasn't worked or shown improvement within the expected time frame; what exactly the injection is for and what the outcome is expected to be; what the outcome will likely be without the injection.....so the paperwork that the insurance company is looking at has to show an expected improvement of the problem/condition or they will likely consider it not medically necessary.  As far as insurance goes, there is a difference between medically necessary and clinically appropriate...the latter causing a denial to occur.  Cardiac care, however, will have a level of acceptable maintenance care as well as other specialty's.....mine's not one of them though.  They look for any reason available NOT to pay for care.  I feel like I've been rambling on that and am not quite sure I've made any sense! lol

Now that the main floor is done at my parents house, I renewed my gym membership and it's felt good to get back last week.  I've missed the other's from the classes I used to go to and had quite the warm welcome back! 

I'll try to get some pictures up after the New Year....I've done a few things that I could share and I need to upload to FB and Ravelry as well....so when I get around to it then I'll share here too.  It just hasn't made the top of the priority list :(

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Good morning. It's raining here and is just generally dreary and gloomy. I heard something about snow tomorrow though. That will probably make the roads a mess again.

I almost went into the ditch on my way to work Saturday. There was a layer of slush on the road, on top of a layer of ice. Someone cut out directly in front of me, (I presume he couldn't stop due to the ice), I was only going about 25, barely touched my brakes and lost it. How I stayed on the road is beyond me. I didn't even come close to hitting a tree or mailbox, but I did several "donuts" and came to a stop about a foot from a deep ditch. I pulled myself together and kept going to work. (Does any other area call them donuts?). Work was awful, out of control busy, and some of our staff got sent to our sister hospital in the ritzy part of town, which made our situation even worse. We had to muddle through as best we could, even when we got 4 new admissions. That sounds ok in concept, but actually doesn't work well in an intensive care unit. Most new patients are very ill and just sort of making do is a bad plan.

Mil enjoyed being here for dinner yesterday. She raved about dinner, (roast beef, potatoes, green beans, carrots, and apple pie). Apparently I do better than the rest home cooks! She was tired by the time we took her home.

We are going to my brothers place in Canada for the next few days. My family Christmas celebration is tonight. We haven't opened gifts here yet either. Dd said her kids would appreciate them more if we waited until next weekend. However, I discovered that neither of my DDs has finished their shopping yet. So next Saturday, everyone is coming here for breakfast and then gifts. Luckily, I did not put gifts under the tree yet, so at least I don't have to trip over those for an extra week.

Judy, that casserole was a hit with my grandkids. The pickiest one had four helpings. I thought it tasted good, but I found it a bit dry, although the kids really liked it, and I used elbow macaroni instead of spirals and cut back on the garlic. The recipe is here:

http://www.thecoersfamily.com/cheesy-bacon-chicken-casserole-recipe/

Marisa...THAT is your mothers idea of cutting back? Now I feel like a big failure! (Just kidding). I made one kind of cookie and almond bars!

Joanne, sounds like you had a good Christmas. Hope Ryan gets well quickly.

Mary, hope you enjoyed your time with family. Is Sue still there?

Marlene, safe travels.

LeeAnn, hope you got a break and some well deserved rest!

I'd better get moving, DH wants to leave in an hour or so. I need to pack and I'm not even dressed yet.

Hi peeps.

Joanne, enjoy  your time off - hopefully you won't be needed for baby sting duties.

Marisa, I can only imagine how happy your mom was to have everyone over!!! Without your help they'd still be working on the downstairs!

Cindy - wow - I've never had that much of a scare driving on ice! Maybe your Canadian instincts kicked in. Thank goodness you were ok. And I would have just headed into work, too - shaking, but driving!

Have a great family time!

...for some reason my Mac said Safari couldn't find the server to open that link you sent. Thanks anyway!

Judy. I couldn't open the link this morning either. I figured the website was having difficulties. I can type it out for you when I get back home if it's still acting up.

No problem! I;m in no rush.

Safe travels, hon!

Hi Ladies, we have stopped for the night in Blytheville, Arkansas. We started out with some fog and light rain. In Indiana the sun was shining. In Illinois we had rain off and on with light showers. We missed the storms. I had some anxiety through some big hills and some with deep drop offs. I knew I would and talked to the doctor about it. She said what I was describing is ptsd. A particular type. She said she could send me to someone to help me with it after we get back home. I'm going to do it. Hubby doesn't realize just how much the mountain ordeal effected me. No internet here so I'm on my phone. I'm off for the night. Take care and have a good week! It was 68 when we got here.

Good morning

Dd ended up getting called in to be at work at 3 so I headed down and got to their house at 2. Son in law didn't get stuck but had some paperwork he had to finish. Dd only ended up being at work a short time and she got home around 5:15, and SIL got home around 5:30 and brought dinner Stayed for dinner and then was home around 6:45. The boys and I had fun, and I'm glad it ended up only being a short stint of babysitting. They are very active! Ryan and Robbie basically entertained themselves playing, but Charlie, who turned 10 mos old yesterday,mid forever on the move!!! LOL

Cindy, I call it a donut too....and that was a very scary story!! That is why I HATE ice!!!! Hope you are enjoying your visit with family!

Marlene. Glad you checked in and safe travels the rest of the way!

Marisa. Your mother 's idea of cutting back is my idea of going all out!!! I didn't end up baking any cookies, but my Sil's mom gave me a tray of cookies so it all worked out. Glad that you all got to spend the holidays together in Pittsburgh and that your parents are settled in.

Mary. Hope you and your family had a fun Christmas. It is so fun with little ones!!! The boys were having hallway crawling races at my house. Such laughter and silliness and fun!!!

Judy I saw your thread for getting gifts done. I still have left overs from this year. I'm going to see where I can donate some hats and scarves. Seems I have built up quite a few items

I got up early, probably because I ended up going to bed early. May as well make the coffee, and start getting ready for my only day of work this week!!!,

Hi everyone. :)   It's been a busy, but fun few days here.  Christmas at DD's was wonderful and the boys were so good.  The Nerf foam darts were flying everywhere. :lol  Sue left yesterday and we have the boys until tomorrow since DD has the first pre op appt. today and a dental appt. tomorrow.  It's crazy around here, but easier to have them here than drive back and forth several times.

I've read all your posts and will catch up when I can.  This morning, we're going to a Flight Deck trampoline place to one of Luke's friend's birthday party.  Zach is invited to, so we'll go watch all the fun! 

Have a good morning, friends. :manyheart

Good afternoon House!

It has been a whilrwind of work here on my end, finally getitng the chance to sit and take a break.

Cindy-eeekkk!  We have lots of snow and ice here, that is super scary when you do a "doughnut".  I have been driving like a turtle but I will be so glad when the weather warms up.  It was Negative 17 this morning.  My poor little car did well but the heater never kicked on.

Judy-I ran out of yarn..gosh!  I am using the Lion Brand USA Yarn, checked my stash and I have about 5 skeins of bulky yarn all in different colors, going to order 2 more of each and make the chunky knit scarves as they work up super fast.  I didn't really want to order more yarn but since I am trying really hard to re-stock the shelves, this will help.  

Mary-you are going to be super busy with the grands, how fun!  Glad that you had a delightful Christmas.

Joanne-ohh laaa laaa one day of work?  yeahhhh!!!  I bet you are super excited to be off.  What fun activities do you have planned?

Marisa-wow!  Your mom baked a ton of cookies! WOWZA! I only bake cookies once a year for Christmas and that is it.   :lol   My family would have been in heaven.  

Marlene-glad that you are ok, hugs my friend!  PTSD is difficult and can be hard to explain to others.

The family  and I came in to the shop yeterday.  I had an idea to re-arrange, wash the walls and dust every shelf.  Boy oh boy did we work!  We worked 5.5 hours yesterday moving things around and washing walls.  Today I came in super early, 7:30 and have been re-stocking, filling displays, hanging wall hangins, all of my signs..I am worn out but am so glad that it is done.  Tomorrow I will work on the back kitchen as that is where I put all of the displays that I am not using.  I swaped out a hutch, gave a corner shelf away and have two shelves left for the kitchen.  Hoping that dh can help me move one antique hutch that I had here in the shop to the kitchen.  Still need to empty it out but was fiving my feet a break...back to work I go.  Hugs and warmet of wishes!

Hi peeps.

...for some reason my Mac said Safari couldn't find the server to open that link you sent. Thanks anyway!

Here is a different link to that cheesy bacon chicken recipe:

https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/582112095/crazy-good-casserole/

I used only a half tsp of garlic. A tablespoon just seemed like way too much for me....but if you really love garlic......

Good morning!

Lee Ann , wow you were really busy. Saw the pics of your shop on fb. It looks great!!!! Now get some rest. Lol

Today, I may go visit my dd and Jali. She had mentioned wanting to go to the turtle back zoo which isn't too far from where she lives or going to the maker space at the museum 3 blocks away. I'll touch base with her later and see if today works. Weather tomorrow is not supposed to be good, so that will be my lazy day. Lol.

Last night dh and I went out to dinner after work which was a nice way to start my mini vacation. He has work this week so I'm enjoying the quiet this morning with coffee in hand.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!!!!

Good morning. Yesterdays forecasted snow did not materialize. It's just cold and gloomy out there. Our visit to my brothers was fun, but crazy busy. I'm glad we went. My nephew from Boston was there with his family and I haven't seen them in several years. It was very busy there and I slept poorly, so it was good to come home and sleep in my own bed.

This is my brother who owns the house in Tennessee. He has had issues with squirrels getting under his metal roof there, so they have some company go out and check the roof on a regular basis. They were there last week and told him that the leaves in his eave troughs had burned. It seems that his metal roof may have saved his house, although the fire was close enough to bluster the stain off the house. It came within 10 or 15 feet of his propane tank. He says that electricity still hasn't been restored. Only two other houses on that mountain didn't burn, and there were dozens of houses there.

I'm not sure what sort of productive thing I'm going to do today. I might clean up my household files. The drawer is getting pretty full. And there is always laundry if I feel so inclined. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm off for the weekend. In theory I should be able to accomplish a lot, but it probably won't work out that way. Something better than household chores is bound to pop up!

Enjoy the day, my friends.

Hi peeps!

LeeAnn - you have a lot of energy! Great having all that done, though!

Here is a different link to that cheesy bacon chicken recipe:
https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/582112095/crazy-good-casserole/

I used only a half tsp of garlic. A tablespoon just seemed like way too much for me....but if you really love garlic......

Thanks! Looks great - and easy! ....and we love garlic...lol!

Good morning. Yesterdays forecasted snow did not materialize. It's just cold and gloomy out there. Our visit to my brothers was fun, but crazy busy. I'm glad we went. My nephew from Boston was there with his family and I haven't seen them in several years. It was very busy there and I slept poorly, so it was good to come home and sleep in my own bed.

This is my brother who owns the house in Tennessee. He has had issues with squirrels getting under bids metal roof there, so they have some company go out and check the roof on a regular basis. They were there last week and told him that the leaves in his save troughs had burned. It seems that his metal roof may have saved his house, although the fire was close enough to bluster the stain off the house. It came within 10 or 15 feet of his propane tank. He says that electricity still hasn't been restored. Only two other houses on that mountain didn't burn, and there were dozens of houses there.I watch a contractor on TV, Mike Holmes, and he does a piece on how great metal roofs are for stopping your house from catching on fire when your neighbor's is engulfed! That's such good news about his house,

I'm not sure what sort of productive thing I'm going to do today. I might clean up my household files. The drawer is getting pretty full. And there is always laundry if I feel so inclined. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm off for the weekend. In theory I should be able to accomplish a lot, but it probably won't work out that way. Something better than household chores is bound to pop up!

Enjoy the day, my friends.

I've started getting files sorted, too - I detest paperwork, so getting a head start is a minor miracle for me!

Joanne, you can pop over to that thread any time you want to - some ladies are very infrequent visitors and others are there a lot - it's a no pressure CAL.

Later, gators

Archived