Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Judy, the tree is bottom heavy! Some lower branches have three or four ornaments on them!

Dd is sick and I decided not to go to Kohls after all. It's Saturday and nearly Christmas. It's probably very busy over there. Dd is spending her Kohls cadh online, I might do the same.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Six bookmarks! :clap   What's going to be on your hooks next?  I agree about shopping this time of year...first thing on a Monday morning used to be a good time! 

Cindy ~ I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.  I can not imagine Luke and Zach helping me with the tree. :lol   Maybe in a year or two. ;)

LeeAnn ~ Your weekend sounds crazy busy!  I hope you have a little "me" time between making all the soaps. :yes

It's cold and rainy here - perfect for a fire and crocheting.  I'm still feeling crummy, but hope to accomplish some decorating later. :ctree

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, I went back to the GS project with my three shades of purples. I just finished weaving in the tails on the first batch of squares (30) - I think I'll keep going till I either get tired of it or decide it's big enough - or I run out of a color I'm using - whichever comes first :lol

Still not sure what color I'm going to use for the JAYG method - but am leaning toward black. I'll probably try a couple of looks before I decide for sure.

Glad you got some decorations up - it always brightens spirits.

Hugs to all - have a great night!

Judy ~ The black sounds great with shades of purple!  Your eye for color is amazing to me. :)

Still cold and rainy here.  I love it!  Gracie is now off leash in the house, but all the furniture cushions are turned on end so she can't do any serious jumping. Lol  She and Zoe helped me finish decorating the trees and the mantle. (Zoe always sleeps under the Christmas tree and she is there now.)  Lots more to do for Christmas, but I think that's enough for today. ;)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! :manyheart

Judy ~ The black sounds great with shades of purple!  Your eye for color is amazing to me. :)  Aw, thanks!

Still cold and rainy here.  I love it!  Gracie is now off leash in the house, but all the furniture cushions are turned on end so she can't do any serious jumping. Lol  She and Zoe helped me finish decorating the trees and the mantle. (Zoe always sleeps under the Christmas tree and she is there now.)  Lots more to do for Christmas, but I think that's enough for today. ;)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! :manyheart

Gracie must be so thrilled to get more freedom!

HI ladies. Its snowing hard here and the ground is white. We are supposed to get a few inches but presumably it will melt in a few days as it's supposed to warm up a bit. It's been so gray and gloomy here lately that it will be nice to have some bright white out there.

I'm beginning to feel better, although I'm still coughing a lot. However, poor dh is sick. He was up all night throwing up. Hopefully I won't get whatever he has. So it's a lazy day around here. I've been alternating knitting and reading. I also cleaned the fridge.

My bunny is coming along. All that sewing pieces together though....ugh! I just need to knit his head and his ears still I might need to buy some more stuffing though.

Mary, Gracie must be happy to get to move around a bit more. (My spell check changed Gracie to gravy!)

Have a great rest of the day!

Wow....so many people getting ill lately!

Cindy, I hope DH recovers quickly and you don't catch the bug!

Good night my friends. :hug

Good Morning. :)

Cindy ~ I hope your DH is much better now.  Like you, my cold is still hanging on and it's getting really old now. ;)   Can't wait to see the bunny!

Judy ~ How are the granny squares coming along?  I know I may regret this, but hexies are calling my name lately. :lol   Heaven knows I have plenty of  yarn!

Yesterday was a good day.  DD asked me to go with her to meet the landscape designer at their new house. I think most of the decisions have been made, but he'll submit a rough draft before starting anything. Then DD and I had lunch and actually got to visit for a change! 

DH has an appointment this morning and we just need a few things at the store.  Maybe some crochet time later!

Hi to the rest of the House, too!  Have a good morning. :manyheart

Good morning. I got called off from work at least for the morning. I'm still coughing, sniffling and sneezing but it's quite a bit better than it was. DH is feeling much better, but he doesn't have much energy, nor much of an appetite yet. Despite this we are planning to go see the holiday displays at the local botanic gardens this evening. DH's brother and his wife asked if we would meet them there. DH insists that he is well enough to go. We will see what the rest of the day brings.

Yesterday afternoon I finally got to Kohls to use that Kohls cash. You can tell all the cashiers are seasonal help. It wasn't very busy, but the checkout line took forever. I only bought enough to use up the Kohls cash. I then went to Hobby lobby and bought my mil a lot of cotton yarn, some dishcloth pattern books and some bamboo needles as part of her Christmas gift. She likes to give dishcloths as gifts, since she doesn't really have the money to buy gifts. The nursing home staff members are frequent recipients.

I did most of the rest of my Christmas shopping online last night. I just have a few small things left to pick up.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning House!

I mean to post yesterday but Jeff from the SBDC called to set up a meeting with a new client.  I am officially a consultant! Wow!  It was fun and interesting to be on the other side of the visit, I still have to enter my notes online but I thought all of it went well.  It did push me to get all of the weekend orders packaged and ready to drop off at the post office.  I ended up pouring 200 soaps over the weekend!  150 of the soaps were for orders, I have about 50 soaps that need to be photo graphed, shrink wrapped then labeled but those will float in later this week.  It was A LOT of work!  By last night I was tired so I decided to treat myself to a manicure.  I have the nail shellac system.  I gave myself my own mani, dh had fixed dinner..it was nice to take the night off. 

Cindy-your poor dh, tossing one’s cookies is in my humble opinion the worst.  I will gladly take anything but tummy issues.  I hope that he is resting today so that you can all go out and have a good time this evening.  Your bunny sounds like he is coming together quite nicely.  

Judy-I bet the black will really make the squares pop!  I am so amazed at how fast you crochet!  Your projects fly off the hook, I miss those days of just being home and crocheting and resting.

Mary-how are you feeling?  Do you have any new orders?  Gracie sounds soo cute!  I bet she is super excited to be able to walk around the house and is chomping at the bit to get outdoors.

Hello to the rest of the house!  I hope that you are all doing well.  With the holidays quickly approaching I am excited to take a bit of time off.  I am hoping to close the shop for a few days after Christmas.  I would love to spend time with my kiddos and dh and I would love a few days to just rest..It’s a thought..

Off to paperwork land, happy to be back at the shop. Hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug  :ghug

Cindy ~ Oh I hope you're able to see the Holiday display!  We haven't been downtown to see the decorations yet, but hope to go soon.

LeeAnn ~ How exciting to be consulting now!  Another great accomplishment to add to your list - Yay! :clap   I think you've definitely earned some time off after the holidays. :)

No crocheting yet today.  I ended up cleaning a couple of closets. Lol  DH is going to a mini high school reunion tonight.  They do these 3 or 4 times a year...any excuse to eat barbeque. ;)

Hi, peeps!

I haven't crocheted for a couple of days - mostly as a result of an exuberant Lucy and a slippery  ball I tried to grab. Her tooth caught my left index finger at the base of the nail...well, blood thinners and a deep cut equals lots of blood seeping through bandaids. After a few hours of bleeding DH went to the store and brought back some liquid bandage. It helped quite a bit, but I covered it with more bandaids and went to bed with a disposable rubber glove on the hand! Yesterday morning was dramatically better and today I;m not using a bandaid, :clap

Any who - off I go to start the day!

Later, gators!

Good morning. The sun is trying to shine, but there is actually a winter storm watch on. It's supposed to be all lake effect snow, so I don't think we will get a lot as we are 30 miles from the lake. Meanwhile, still sneezing, coughing and sniffling, although it's better than yesterday.

We did go to see the holiday displays at the gardens yesterday. We also walked around outside, more for exercise than for the sights. It was dark and only the immediate area around the buildings was decorated. I can't fathom how long it must have taken to decorate. There were strolling carollers there, and Santa was there for the kids. Very festive and lots of fun.

Judy, ouch! Hopefully you will be back to crocheting very soon.

I decided that a few dishcloths would make good stocking stuffers for my oldest dd, so I knit one yesterday. I will knit at least one more. For some reason, I like knitted dishcloths much better than crocheted ones.

LeeAnn, never a dull moment for you! Congrats on the consulting.

Well, here it is, 11:30, and I haven't accomplished much yet. (I didn't get up until 9:30!). So, off I go to get something done. Have a great day, ladies.

Hi house!

Judy-oh my gosh!  Glad that you were able to get the bleeding under control, that must have been scary.  I would never make a good nurse, I thank those that can as blood freaks me out.  Does your finger hurt?

Cindy-your evening out sounded wonderful!  I always like to see how folks decorate, it's so neat!

Hello to the rest of the house!  It has been a busy day yet again, feeling kinda tired, so glad that the work day is almost over.  I have to drive my dd to Confirmation Class this evening, no resting for this lady but am glad that she only has to go 2 times this month.

Have a great evening ladies!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Good Morning. :)

Judy ~ So glad your finger healed quickly!  Are you working on the granny squares?

Cindy ~ My DD and several of her friends love the cotton wash/dish cloths.  Two of her friends really like the face scrubbies, too.  They are so fast and easy...I have another supply for DD now. :)

LeeAnn ~ Try and squeeze in a little time for you at this busy time. :manyheart   My mini spurt ;)  of sales slowed down, but I've had two more this week...just right for me! Lol

The arctic blast hit during the night.  It's about 30* with very high winds and wind chills are in the teens. Brrr!

We're going to the cemetery to put weaths at MIL and FIL's grave site.  Then a stop at the store and probably lunch.  Have a good day, friends. ♥♥♥

HI ladies. It's snowing here, although it hasn't amounted to all that much yet, maybe two or three inches. The news says the roads are terrible though. I'm glad that I don't have anywhere to go.

I was planning to go grocery shopping this morning, but after seeing that it was already beginning to snow at 7 AM, I asked dh to run to the corner store and pick up some milk and coffee cream. (He likes to get moving in the morning, I like to hang around in my pajamas and drink coffee, although I suppose I could have gotten dressed and gone myself....). He said it was already pretty slick then. This storm is supposed to last through tomorrow evening. We are planning to go to a Christmas concert tomorrow evening, but I don't think we will go if it's still snowing. Then we have a Christmas party on Saturday.

I have two dishcloths done for DD and a third on the needles. Yesterday I decided to make cookie mixes in jars for a few gifts to have on hand. I have a lot of canning jars, and I can always use the ones I don't gift. I Also got all my gifts wrapped yesterday. All I really need to do is to pick up a few sticking stuffers and I will be all set. Pretty much everything I bought this year came from Amazon. I'm not crazy about shopping so I'm a big fan of online shopping. I'm also a big fan of Amazon wish lists. I just wish my son in law would make one. He is so hard to shop for.

I have to say that I'm very happy that I don't have to work today. For some reason, everyone around here with a car goes out during the first snowfall and getting anywhere by car is a pain. You would think that people in Michigan would be used to the snow and resist that urge to hit the grocery store as soon as it snows. After the first snowstorm things are better.

Well, I'm going to go bake some cookies.....after all, t'is the season.......

Cindy I like the knitted clothes a lot too - they're easier to wring out and fit in glasses much better when washing by hand.

I crocheted last night!! Finger is sore, but at least hasn't bed in a day and a half!

Mary, your weather is so mercurial!! Stay warm...maybe by making some hexies?? :devil

Cindy, I heard the cold weather is on it's way - all the way down to the Florida panhandle area! Where we are the snow doesn't hit as early the northwest part of the site - the mountains start up there...we're level ground - maybe 50 feet above sea level or so, if I remember correctly.

And I don't like to rush out early either! I need my time with a cup of coffee first!

Later, gators!

Good afternoon House!

Cindy-glad that you are home baking and relaxing.  I like online shopping too!  It is so much easier than going to the stores.  Amazon and I are good friends, I am always amazed at all of the items that they carry.  

Judy-so happy to hear that your finger is feeling better, I would miss not being able to crochet, however my wrists have been hurting..so am forcing myself to take a break.

Mary-I like the knit dishcloths too, they feel less bulky for my small hands.  The face scrubbies are nice too, I made some a few years ago but haven't made any more..I have yarn...will have to put them on my list.

It is freezing cold here in my neck of the woods.  The temp's are in the negatives every night, during the day the highest temp we have been hitting is 24F...the sun is shining but it is frigid.  Layers are my friend, but some days it all feels so bulky.  Working on re-stocking the second Etsy shop as I have neglected it for quite awhile, back to photographing.  Have a great day friends! :ghug  :ghug

Good morning. (Just barely morning here still)! It's still snowing a bit, but it's not too bad out there, considering that it has snowed for the last 24 hours. I think we will make it to the Christmas concert tonight.

My third dishcloth for dd turned out poorly, so I will keep it myself. It was supposed to be round and consist of 8 wedges. I must have lost track, because I made 9 wedges and didn't notice until I sewed it together. Its pretty wonky looking. I will just keep it for myself. I may or may not make another one for dd. Otherwise she will just get two.

My cold is finally letting up. I'm coughing a bit, but the runny nose thing is a lot better. Good thing too, my nose is red and sore. I've been slathering it with Vaseline every night, which helps some.

Well, off to do more cleaning. Enjoy the day.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad your feeling better and DH also. Good idea to have the grandsons decorate the tree. 

Judy, Glad your finger is healing quickly. I worry about cutting myself also. Those were some nice pictures you shared of you Alyson. 

Mary, Gracie has to be happy to have some freedom. Good news that DH may not need the surgery. Sorry DD will need the surgery. A good support team will help her in so many ways. Burr, it's cold in Texas. 

LeeAnn, Congratulations on becoming a consultant! It sounds quite cold where you live.

Hi Marisa and Joanne and anyone else reading this.

DD and I got her lights up outside last weekend and her and Maya put the tree up. We ended up staying until tuesday morning. My brother called and asked me to take him to his cardiac doctor appt on wednesday and I didn't want to drive an hour or so three days in a row. I had a dentist appt for thursday morning and confirmed it, when DD called me wednesday afternoon. Gerimiah had a double ear infection, a cold in his eye and running a high fever, and the school called Maya wasn't feeling well. Her daddy left work, picked her up and took her home. DD took to the doctor and she has streaph throat. When it rains it pours. She needed us to come back and stay with the kids today. Yesterday was her day off. DD ended up taking Gerimiah to er on tuesday night with a fever of 103. They only live 10 minutes from the hospital and his fever climbed to 103.9. She had a doctor in practice come in and tell her not to worry about his fever until it reaches 108. She told him not so nicely to leave he didn't know what he was talking about. Motrin his is friend now. Due to the snow that was coming we went home and got more clothes and came back wednesday night. Glad I did! This morning when I cleaned the car off then parked it in the garage there was 4" of snow. The neighbor came and plowed the driveway. We could get a foot or more. I hope I will have time to pack for Texas. Clothes take the longest as I take for two seasons. I need to get some crocheting in. Working on two more horse scarves. Gerimiah is down for his third nap. 

Everyone be stay warm and be safe!

Here are some of my cookie mix in a jar gifts. I made the gift bags out of discontinued upholstery fabric samples. Ignore the tile in the background. I have various tile samples all over the kitchen in an attempt to find the right tile.

post-6189-0-18760900-1481324564_thumb.jpeg

post-6189-0-79808000-1481324582_thumb.jpeg

Hi peeps!

Hi, Joanne! You must be busy with the grands and everything - thinking of you.

Hi Marisa! I hope you're having a good time with your family.

LeeAnn, the hardest thing for me is taking a break from the hook when my hands hurt - since I haven't made any graph ghans lately, that hasn't been an issue for a while. Maybe you can change up what you make so you're using your hands in a different way? :hug

The cold weather has hit here. Thankfully we're not as cold as other parts of the state!

Hi House. :)    Just a quick 'good morning' as I head out the door.  DH's appt., a little shopping and the post office are on the list.

Have a great day!

Have you started any hexies yet?

:D  :D  :D

Good morning. (Just barely morning here still)! It's still snowing a bit, but it's not too bad out there, considering that it has snowed for the last 24 hours. I think we will make it to the Christmas concert tonight.Did you get to the concert?

My third dishcloth for dd turned out poorly, so I will keep it myself. It was supposed to be round and consist of 8 wedges. I must have lost track, because I made 9 wedges and didn't notice until I sewed it together. Its pretty wonky looking. I will just keep it for myself.I keep my mistakes, too...lol! I may or may not make another one for dd. Otherwise she will just get two.

My cold is finally letting up. I'm coughing a bit, but the runny nose thing is a lot better. Good thing too, my nose is red and sore. I've been slathering it with Vaseline every night, which helps some.​I switched to using Puffs tissues and I don't get much of a red nose any more. My skin is so pale I show any skin irritation immediately!

Well, off to do more cleaning. Enjoy the day.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad your finger is healing quickly. I worry about cutting myself also.We have to be so careful! Those were some nice pictures you shared of you Alyson. ​Thanks! She's a sweetheart.

DD and I got her lights up outside last weekend and her and Maya put the tree up. We ended up staying until tuesday morning. My brother called and asked me to take him to his cardiac doctor appt on wednesday and I didn't want to drive an hour or so three days in a row. I had a dentist appt for thursday morning and confirmed it, when DD called me wednesday afternoon. Gerimiah had a double ear infection, a cold in his eye and running a high fever, and the school called Maya wasn't feeling well. Her daddy left work, picked her up and took her home. DD took to the doctor and she has streaph throat. When it rains it pours. She needed us to come back and stay with the kids today. She's so lucky to have you! Yesterday was her day off. DD ended up taking Gerimiah to er on tuesday night with a fever of 103. They only live 10 minutes from the hospital and his fever climbed to 103.9. She had a doctor in practice come in and tell her not to worry about his fever until it reaches 108. She told him not so nicely to leave he didn't know what he was talking about. Good for her! 108....PULEEZE! Motrin his is friend now. Due to the snow that was coming we went home and got more clothes and came back wednesday night. Glad I did! This morning when I cleaned the car off then parked it in the garage there was 4" of snow. The neighbor came and plowed the driveway. We could get a foot or more. I hope I will have time to pack for Texas. Clothes take the longest as I take for two seasons. I need to get some crocheting in. Working on two more horse scarves. Gerimiah is down for his third nap. 

Everyone be stay warm and be safe!

I hope the kids bounce back quickly!

Here are some of my cookie mix in a jar gifts. I made the gift bags out of discontinued upholstery fabric samples. Ignore the tile in the background. I have various tile samples all over the kitchen in an attempt to find the right tile.

I thought you had a backsplash! Cindy, your hubby is more patient than mine, He would just decide for me,,,lol! I do love those cookie jar gifts! I did that several years ago and really enjoyed putting them together, though mine didn't look as good as yours do! :clap

Stay warm my friends!

Archived