Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi House. :)   It's been super foggy all day and we're just starting to get thunderstorms now.  We have the Cowboys game on...they need to get their act together!

No excitement around here for a change. ;)   I made 6 more hexies today.

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies.

Joanne enjoy your visit to see DD and Jali. Is your DDs print shop space her full time job? I rmember you saying she was an artist, but I don't remember exactly what she does. Your blanket is beautiful.

On Saturday DH and I finally had an evening without any commitments, so we went out to Lake Michigan to watch the sunset and then went out for dinner. It was bitterly cold out on the beach, but despite that there were literally hundreds of people out there. The sunset wa spectacular, so it was worth it. I wasn't cold but I had the presence of mind to wear leggings under my jeans as well as a scarf and a hat. (Both made by me!) It was in the 30s away from the lake so dh thought I was nuts to get all bundled up.........until he actually got out to the lake.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi peeps - off to see Patriot Day soon.

Cindy, I saw your seashore pic - beautiful!!!

Joanne, the blanket is spectacular!!!

Off I go!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, My hubby likes the shirmp from down here the best of all, along with catfish. I don't care for either. We do have friends in here who share there fish with lots of people in the park. Glad to hear Sarah is doing better. Sorry to hear about your fire and hubby breaking his glasses.

Cindy, I seen your beautiful sunset picture. I am wanting to try quilting. My MIL would like a light one so I'm thinking of making one for her. 

LeeAnn, We did get the trailer moved. A friend came with his truck and pulled it forward and moved it over a little bit and backed it right in. It went very smoothly and quickly. 

Joanne, Your blanket is beautiful! Have a nice visit with DD and Jali.

Judy, DH wants to go see Patriot Day also. 

I have lots of cleaning to do when we get here. We set off a bomb when we leave and we have someone set one off when we are on are way here. That residue needs to be washed up. I use to have to wash all the dishes and silverware, but I found out some people put there dishes in garbage bags and storage bags for the silverware. Boy does that save a lot of work. There really is very little dust amazingly. Last year I put are clothes in these huge ziplock bags and they stayed fresh. 

Last week we had a silent auction and took in just over 1,000.00. We are donating that to are local men dressed in blue. They have a 100 club that it is going to. They will use it to help with purchases they need that they don't get enough money from the government. 

Every month we are going to be doing fundraising for a different local charity. We are doing an on going one for the local pet shelter. Two of the ladies have each made a quilt and are raffling them off. 

We had a hot pork sandwich lunch last friday. Boy was that good! It just melts in your mouth. This week we will be having a garage sale/bake sale/burrito sale. It will be two days for the kitchen. We make all the fixins up for the burritos and then we portion them out into bags to make so many, then we roll them up. I'm going to be whipped. I still tire easily. I just sit at the silent auction for the day, other than getting up and walking around and by the end of it I was wore out. Sunday will be a day of rest. 

Maya's daddy sent me to different videos. One of Gerimiah from birth up to last weekend and one of Maya from the last 5 years. It made me miss Gerimiah even more and I cried over Maya's. How much she has grown up and changed in 5 years is amazing. 

I started a poncho for Maya and I will make one for Jocelyn just like it. 

We are suppose to have rain here all week. The temps have been in the 70's except for three days. Loving this winter weather!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Good afternoon house!

Remeber me?  I have been lost in the sauce!  When I am gone please know that I am thinking of all of you but am juggling life and being a mom/wife/business owner.

Joanne-is your dd's new shop bigger?  I hope to one day increase my shop size but am comfy where I am at.  Your afghan is beautiful!  Love the way the colors work together.

Cindy-I have had the cleaning/oragnizing bug too!  I spent a good 8 hours here in my Craft Studio, organizing my molds, shelves and cupboards and filling orders.  

Judy-we have had a lot of snow this year, it has been snowing since yesterday.  I know that Spring is a far time out but I sure am looking forward to it.

Mary-that is so neat that you and sil can take turns watching kiddos after school.  Will your dd be out for another month or so?

Marlene-did you get the trailer all set up?

Marisa-how's it going?

I had an order for 120 mini soap favors, easy to pour just takes longer to shrink wrap.  They are done along with quite a few of the Valentine soaps, still have a super long list but am making a small dent in it.

Back to creating labels.  Stay warm my friends!

Hi, LeeAnn and Marlene! Good to hear from you.

Shoutout to Marisa!!

Marlene, Patriots Day was extremely well done. Hubby is retired law enforcement and this is one movie he and I would really recommend. It was tough in spots, but very well done.

Have a good evening my friends.

Had a wonderful day!!! My daughter is the director and founder of Newark Print Shop! It is her passion. They redid a building downtown, the old Hahne & co building There are going to be art classrooms for Rutgers , a whole foods, a couple of restaurants, art galleries, apartments. It's really quite amazing. My daughter founded the Newark print shop about 8 years ago. Her first space was the back room of her apt which actually was set up as an artist studio. There was a fire in the building and she found a new space and after lots of work, they were able to turn it into a vibrant community space. Their weekly print club is quite popular and they do workshops, and run pop up print shops in addition to hosting children's groups. she runs a printer in residence program. I met one them today, since he came to volunteer and help set up this new space. He was telling me how much my daughter has done for the community and how much he has learned from her. It was a very proud mom moment.

About two years ago, Rutgers approached her. They were interested in partnering with her and moving the print shop into the building. So here she is, two years later and it has become reality. They are busy setting up this new space this week and have had lots of people volunteering to help from the community. The main hallway on the first floor has pictures featuring 100 people that live in Newark. Each of them had to be nominated by their neighbors and peers for their outstanding contributions to the community. My daughter is one of them.

She is an artist, was teaching art, and is Hoping to make the print shop her full time job. She is drawing a salary from them. Her school district allows you to take a year off after the birth of a child and they hold your job. If she needs to, she can go back to her teaching job in Sept. And work part time at print shop.

The best part about today was getting in lots of Jali time ❤️

Morning, peeps!!

Joanne, I can hear the pride in your voice over all that your DD has done in her life. Artists are often under appreciated and do struggle. It is truly a proud moment!!! Her son will grow up knowing what a great mom he has. 

So, I was browsing Knit patterns on the lion brand site. Added more to my list, all started when I saw the cute baby ghan Joanne made. It's all her fault :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Still make Homespun squares, staying in mindless mode for now.

Hi to the 3 M's - Mary, Marisa and Marlene! 

Have a great day my friends!

Good morning. It's been raining ☔️ here all night. It's a mess out there. One of my work friends posted on Facebook that the main roads were ok, but everything else is very icy.

Another friend is almost finished knitting this afghan, and wow, is it ever beautiful. She is using the recommended Knitpicks yarn and she says it's simple mindless knitting. (Of course she is an expert knitter!). It's done in four quadrants rather than all those little individual squares so there isn't too much sewing to do.

http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Hue_Shift_Afghan_Pattern__D41112220.html

The knit pattern is for sale.....but guess what? The crochet version is free!

http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Hue_Shift_Crochet_Afghan__D55868220.html

I'm tempted.......

Joanne, congratulations to your daughter. That's a huge accomplishment. It takes a real leap of faith to follow your dreams, rather than stay on the safe path.

I'm hoping to start sewing a tote for my oldest daughter today. I started on one yesterday, but it just isn't coming together as I envisioned it. I think it's because I used someone else's pattern. With my next attempt I will make my own pattern.

Enjoy the day!

Great hat, Cindy! And kudos for finishing a WIp!!! Love that pattern you posted!!!!!!

Had a busy day at work. But then again, day after a holiday is always busy. Does anyone watch the show This is Us? I love it!!!!

Hi House.  I can't believe it's been three days since I posted, but life just gets in the way sometimes. ;)   I went to the doctor and am on antibiotics for a major sinus infection.  They're starting to kick in and it's a tiny bit better now.  We're still helping with picking up the boys from school and DD is feeling stronger each day. 

I love reading your posts and keeping up with the news...more from me soon. :manyheart

Hi ladies.

Oh no, Mary, I'm so sorry you are sick. You've been so busy, no wonder your defenses were down. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Joanne.

I got up early this morning to go to a staff meeting. I ran errands afterwards and then worked on DDs birthday present. Her birthday is next week, but we will see them a Friday night so I wanted it finished, and here it is!

post-6189-0-69059300-1484773022_thumb.jpg

inL O V E with the tote, Cindy!!!! What a great job you did on it. DD is going to love it

Mary. Hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections are NoT fun!!! Take it easy when you can

Hi to the rest of the house. Off to make dinner.

Morning peeps!

Mary, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. This sinus infections are bad :hug

Good morning. It's been raining ☔️ here all night. It's a mess out there. One of my work friends posted on Facebook that the main roads were ok, but everything else is very icy.

Another friend is almost finished knitting this afghan, and wow, is it ever beautiful. She is using the recommended Knitpicks yarn and she says it's simple mindless knitting. (Of course she is an expert knitter!). It's done in four quadrants rather than all those little individual squares so there isn't too much sewing to do.
http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Hue_Shift_Afghan_Pattern__D41112220.html
The knit pattern is for sale.....but guess what? The crochet version is free!
http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Hue_Shift_Crochet_Afghan__D55868220.html
I'm tempted.......

Joanne, congratulations to your daughter. That's a huge accomplishment. It takes a real leap of faith to follow your dreams, rather than stay on the safe path.

I'm hoping to start sewing a tote for my oldest daughter today. I started on one yesterday, but it just isn't coming together as I envisioned it. I think it's because I used someone else's pattern. With my next attempt I will make my own pattern.

Enjoy the day!

That's a gorgeous pattern! Easy?? If you don't feel like trying it, I can only imagine! The crochet version is cute. Thanks for sharing.

While cleaning today I found this WIP and finished it. It will be donated.

Great job!

Hi ladies.

Oh no, Mary, I'm so sorry you are sick. You've been so busy, no wonder your defenses were down. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Joanne.

I got up early this morning to go to a staff meeting. I ran errands afterwards and then worked on DDs birthday present. Her birthday is next week, but we will see them a Friday night so I wanted it finished, and here it is!

LOVE it!! DD is going to give you the biggest hug!

Good morning. Another gloomy day. I'm going out to lunch and plan to run a few errands afterwards. Laundry is getting done too.

Thanks Judy and Joanne. I forgot how much I liked sewing bags.

Judy, it's not that I don't want to knit or crochet that afghan...my friend assures me that the knit version is definitely easy enough for a beginner, all garter stitch with just an easy decrease in the middle of every other row. It's just that buying yarn and starting a new project is out of the question. (My own rule). I have so much yarn up that I have run out of places to put it. Plus, I currently have at least five afghans in progress, maybe more. I quit looking for WIPs after I found those five. (And that's only the afghans!). On the other hand, I did finish that hat...........

Well, off to change the laundry load and then get ready for lunch. Hope you all have a great day.

Hi all!  Thank you for the well wishes.  I think I'm going to live. ;)  

Cindy ~ The tote is wonderful!  I know your DD will love it. :yes  

Joanne ~ I've been re-reading posts and was so excited to read about your daughter's success.  She deserves it after all her hard work. :)

Judy ~ I'm in the mindless mode, too. Lol  Just working on hexies has been about all I've been able to concentrate on lately.

Hi to the rest of the house, too. :manyheart

Hi al!

Cindy, I'm trying to use up my stash too. So far, so good - except for yarn for DS's throw I haven't bought anything in a few months.

Off I go - have a great weekend my friends!

Good Morning!  It's cloudy and cool here and I think it's going to be a good day to crochet. :hook

LeeAnn ~ Are you busy making Valentine's product?  I hope all is well with you and your family. :)

Cindy ~ It's so hard to pick up a wip after a long break - for me, anyway. ;)   I'm trying to be better about working on only one or two things at a time, but those new patterns are always tempting!

Hi Judy and everyone. :manyheart

DH had two appointments yesterday, so it will be good to stay home today.  Have a great day!

Hi all,

Now that grocery shopping and cleaning are done, I'm going to sit and crochet and knit for a bit !!! Hope you all have a good weekend!!!!

Glad you are going to live Mary!!!! I feel like a cold is starting...I'm taking it easy and upping my vit C and echinacea !!!!

Archived