Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, House.

LeeAnn ~ Oh, thank goodness you have reinforcements now!  The Ice Fest looks wonderful...your town has such wonderful activities.  Another advantage to living in a smaller community!   I love the Blanket Yarn - it's so soft and comfy.  :) 

Judy ~ I've only tried to repair an afghan once or twice and I know how hard it can be!  Let us know how it goes.

My appointment went well yesterday.  I just have to go back for labs in the next few days, since I didn't fast.  Sarah and I are meeting for lunch today...can't remember the last time just the two of us were together. :manyheart

Have a good Friday, everyone. ♥♥♥

Hi, peeps!

Here's the ghan my friend left me to repair. No before pic - that wouldn't have shown up well.  It's very fragile in spots. I reattached several squares to each other and then reinforced the edge on two sides, working in new stitches on one part of the border. Black is good - hides a lot! This is wool, if i'm any judge, and some of the yarn in the middle looks thin. I didn't do all of it, much as it bothered me....but if they handle this heirloom carefully it should hold up.

post-8552-0-24923500-1485547920_thumb.jpg

Happy Friday! And belated happy birthday to Cindy and happy birthday to Marisa!

Went back to work Wednesday. Cold is so much better, with just an occasional cough from some left over congestion i

Love the homespun blanket and good job repairing the other blanket, Judy

Mary I hope you enjoyed lunch. Can't remember the last time I had one on one time with my daughters, other than my oldest who is single. Lol

Leeann. I remember you talking about the ice sculpture last year. So cool. No pun intended. Lol. How's your wrist?

Marlene. Hope all is well and you are trying to get some rest. How's dh?

Off to knit and unwind. We had breakfast for dinner tonight. Easy, peasy!

Hello ladies. Snowy and cold here again. Sigh.....

I spent the entire week cleaning out my closet and drawers. I tried on every item of clothing that I owned, and discarded about half of my wardrobe. I had a lot of things I rarely wore, in part because I had so much. Stuff was out of sight in the bottom of drawers and the back of the closet. I can't believe how many clothes I actually owned! I figure that the majority of the time, I wore only about 15% of what I had.

LeeAnn, thanks for the compliment on the tote. I'm glad to hear that the Wiley's are back.

Judy, your purple blanket is so pretty. My DD would love that. Purple is her favorite color. And that vintage afghan sure looks like a lot of work. Kudos to you for being able to repair it.

Mary, hope you and DD had fun together today.

Marlene, how are the ponchos coming?

Dh and I went out to the local botanical gardens yesterday. We did a bit of sightseeing there and walked in the grounds for about 45 minutes. It was cold and snowing, but we enjoyed it.

Work for me this weekend.....

Top of the morning house!

Judy-what a stunner!  The black really makes the colors pop!  That was so nice of you to repair it for your friend, what a treasure.  What is the next project on your hook?  Any more graphghans?

Joanne-How does your oldest dd love being an auntie?  That is one of my favorite titles, I just adore all of my nieces and nephews, they are all growing up so fast!  My wrist feels better, I think I over did it a bit yesterday, was working on finishing a few wips, knit dischloths.  I stumbled across them and thought I should get them off the needles as they have been sitting there for almost 2 years.  

Cindy-I bet it feels so good to get your closet in tip top shape! I have quite a few shoes, they are my downfall.  I need to get rid of some that are just worn out...one of these days.  :lol

Mary-what's on your agenda for the weekend?  

Marisa-Happy Birthday!

Marlene-how are you?  Are you resting after all of the events?  Oh my gosh!  You are one busy energetic lady, how fun!

The Ice Fest is Today!  I decided at the last minute to participate in the Faux Snowman Building Contest.  I wrangled up the the other ladies that have businesses in the Crane Building,  I put in a full day yesterday, but we have Gramma Tala done!  They are going with the Moana theme.  !  I will share pics soon.  Best get my tush in gear, have a wonderful weekend!  :ghug

Oh, boy - I just had huge post that I somehow made disappear.... :P

Thanks for all the compliments!

And no hook time for me today, at least: I have some new knives and while slicing some very crust bread this morning...It slipped. I now have a small slice on the side of my left index finger. Blood thinner and knives don't mix: we have liquid bandage on hand and I tightly wrapped it with a strong band aid.

Have a great day my friends.

Oh, boy - I just had huge post that I somehow made disappear.... :P

Thanks for all the compliments!

And no hook time for me today, at least: I have some new knives and while slicing some very crust bread this morning...It slipped. I now have a small slice on the side of my left index finger. Blood thinner and knives don't mix: we have liquid bandage on hand and I tightly wrapped it with a strong band aid.

Have a great day my friends.

Judy...when I sliced the side of my finger, I ended up needing stitches.....and I'm not on blood thinners......

Judy...when I sliced the side of my finger, I ended up needing stitches.....and I'm not on blood thinners......

oops. 

It's not big...I'll have to take the band aid off and show hubby...

Hi House.

Judy ~ Ouch!  I hope the cut heals quickly. :hug   That's the same finger I cut a few weeks ago! 

LeeAnn ~ Oh, looking forward to pictures of your entry in the contest!  We're having a quiet weekend.  It's sunny, but too cold to work ouside so I've been doing some cleaning.  Crochet time a little later!

Cindy ~ I so agree about clothes...I definitely need to go through closets.  DH won't part with much, so I've learned to quit asking him about his closet. :lol  

Hi to the rest of the House, too! ♥

Mary, I guess when we reach a "certain age" we have to be more careful. I used the same bread knife yesterday to cut three bagels and a roll for the freezer and handled the new knife without a problem. I'll just have hubby cut this particular type of bread next time - the knife did slip because it had a hard and uneven crust.

Never too old to learn.

It looks ok actually. I'll make sure to put a snug bandaid back on later so I don't have to think about it overnight.

'night my friends!

Good morning House!

Up early, working my tail feathers off.  I host an Event on Sunday's called Sunday Dibs at 6:00.  It starts at exactly 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time on Facebook, I list yarn/craft supplies/product from my shop for sale, usually at a good discount.  Whomever calls "Dibs" on it first gets it, they then have a week to come into the shop to pick it up.  This helps me clear out inventory and also rewards my loyal customers and friends.  I have quite a bit of yarn to sell and a few crafty notions.  Haven't hosted one since Sept, I am happy to jump back in the saddle.

Judy-oh my!  So glad that your knife cut wasn't worse.  I am amazed at how sharp the new knives are!  Eeek!  

Mary-did you get a bit of hooky time in?  I hear you about it being too cold.  We have had frigid temps here.brrr

Cindy-hoping that work went well for you and that it wasn't too busy or too slow.  

Hell to the rest of the house!

The Ice Fest was so much fun!  We wore Hawiaan shirts and served hot cocoa and cookies to our guests,  We also WON 1st place in the Faux Snowman Building Contest.  We were so excited and we put Gramma Tala together at the last minute.  Here are a few photos of all of th ladies in the building as well as some of the ice sculptures.  

post-33271-0-98838800-1485700352_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-80907500-1485700368_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-60506100-1485700384_thumb.jpg

Good Morning, friends. :)

Judy ~ I hope your finger is much better today!

LeeAnn ~ Wonderful pictures!  Gramma Tala is too cute...yay for winning the contest. :cheer    Love the ice sculptures, too -  it's amazing to see the detail people can carve out of ice! 

No crochet for me yesterday.  I actually got my desk cleaned off and started on one closet upstairs.  Thanks for the inspiration, Cindy!  So as a reward, I'm going to crochet this afternoon. :D

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi peeps.

The boo boo is looking good. No inflammation or bleeding, so it looks like I'm on the way to healing.

LeeAnn.  I love the ice sculptures! No danger they'll melt any time soon...lol! And congrats on the faux snow lady!! 

Mary, we may have to start a sub group for decluttering! Happy hooking!

Too much to do today to think about hooking, but I'm very tempted to browse my patterns...esp after LeeAnn put the thought of graphs in my head again!

Have a good day my friends!

Hi all,

Yesterday we went to my son in laws dad's place for a get together and had a great time. It was nice to spend time with the boys.

Today, I had some cleaning to do, and did pack up a bag of clothes. Cindy, thanks for the inspiration. I went to trader joes and the rest of the afternoon has been spent alternating between knitting and crocheting.

And now here we are almost 7 pm. Dh fell asleep and took a long nap. If I did that I'd never sleep the night through. He doesn't have that problem. Dinner is ready and now that he's awake, it's time to eat!!

Have a good night and 'Monday!!!

morning, peeps!

Cindy, I hope work wasn't too crazy this past weekend.  And thank you for the inspiration - ou got some of us decluttering again. I had stopped for a while, but am back to looking at everything with new eyes!

I have ideas for future projects: keeping thread and cotton for summer, but have nice pattern ideas to start a new donation pile. Cindy, I'll probably use the solid color, easy baby ghan pattern from your blog for a pile of blue I want to use! I also have some Caron neutrals that will make a nice blanket. 

Have  great day, my friends!

Hello my friends. Crazy busy day at work for me yesterday. I was exhausted and slept 11 hours last night!

It's afternoon here, so far I've done a load of laundry and started a crockpot full of chili. It's chili weather. There is a big storm on the way, and it is freezing out there!

LeeAnn congrats on the contest win. Great ice festival pictures. Our little town has an ice festival most years too. I know they misssed at least one year because the temperatures were too warm.

Have a great rest of the day.

Hi, my friends!

Cindy, I pulled out the blanket pattern from your blog....the peek-a-boo pattern. It's a fun and pretty pattern, plus easy ;)   So glad you had  a good night's sleep....

Have a good day, ladies!

Hi House. :)

Joanne ~ Your time with family sounds great!  I haven't seen the boys in over a week, but they both have strep throat and I sure don't need that!  So far DD and SIL are okay.

Cindy ~ Chili sounds perfect with your cold weather. :yes   Do you have a favorite recipe? 

Judy ~ So glad your finger is better!  I do love Cindy's pattern, too. :)   I'm taking a break from hexies and making a couple of scarves. 

Gracie is at the vet for her bath and trim.  Her hair is finally growing out from her surgery so she's looking more like a Cairn now.  ;) Our vet is really pleased with how she's doing and she should have freedom in the yard before long.

Have a good afternoon, everyone. ♥♥♥

Hi ladies. Winter is back with a vengeance. It's been snowing since yestday. I had to run some errands and drop by work and the roads are getting pretty bad.

Mary, my chili recipe is on my blog. Dh hates kidney beans, so I make a non traditional black bean and corn chili. After it simmers a while I taste test and sometimes add more stuff. Yesterday's chili was too hot for me so I threw in a big can of tomatoes to tone it down a bit. Im glad to hear that Gracie is progressing so well.

Judy, it's been ages since I even looked at that pattern. Wasn't that one actually a scarf pattern? I'm thinking of knitting some premie blankets. For the lady on crochetville that has the premie blanket charity. We are going to the Smokies in March and with my knitting speed, I'd only need to pack one skein of yarn for the week if I knit even a small blanket. If I take crochet, I would need to pack at least two projects.

Off to work on dinner......

Archived