Our House Part Two

JulieKay

hi peeps

Are you planning to make it.

uh- uh :P ...too fiddly for me!  I thought maybe someone else might be persuaded  :rofl  :rofl

Hi Ladies,

My procedure is done with. I was awake through most of it. I had the worse time ever them getting my iv started. The nurse couldn't do it, I asked for an iv nurse, she did it twice and it didn't work so she got another iv nurse. She did it with no problems. Talk about being stressed out. I have a bruise and swelling outling the area of one the spots the first iv nurse tried. My procedure took three hours. When I got to the surgery room there was 9 tv screens all showing something different when we got started. They gave me pain medicine a couple of times so for the most of it, it was pretty comfortable. I asked the doctor if I was going to feel like a different woman when this was over and he said your going to feel like a millon bucks. Right now I am to tired to tell. We got home about 5:15, I had hubby make me some soup. I ate and was in bed by 6:30.

Hubby has an appt and I need to get ready so I will catch up later today or tomorrow.

Great to hear from you, Marlene!! You and I have the same issues with IV's....luckily my last hospital experience wasn't bad at all. It's awful when you get so bruised. Being awake during heart procedures is very weird. Hugs to you, my friend!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning House. :)

Marlene ~ So glad you are okay!  Hopefully, you've been able to get some rest and are feeling much better. :hug

LeeAnn ~ Congratulations on the award!  You definitely deserve it and your hard work is paying off! :cheer   Your "to do" list looks scary to me. :lol   Mine is much shorter and I'm still overwhelmed right now. Lol

Cindy ~ Great pattern for the bag holder!  Yay for having the internet back again. :yes  

Judy ~ The ami pattern is so cute...those would take me forever to make.  Love the poncho pattern, too.  Your colors sound wonderful together.

Hi to anyone I've missed!

Gracie is doing really well.  She is having trouble figuring out why she can't be off leash and is not too happy about that. ;)   I had the two implant crowns put on yesterday.  They're fine, but the headache hasn't gone away yet...at least it's better than yesterday!

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning

Glad to hear that the procedure went ok, Marlene!!!! And that Gracie is adjusting somewhat, Mary!!!

Been busy at work, and I've been working on Christmas gifts at night. I think that the blanket I'm making for my brother is going to be a little stiff. Im at the point that I might just stop and call it a scarf!!! Then I'll start another blanket. Lol

Finished a quick garter stitch scarf to match a hat I had made

Time to get ready for paradise. Thinking of all of you!!!!

Good morning. More bright sunshine here today, although I've been hearing about snow for the weekend and into next week. I guess it has to come sometime!

I ran errands yesterday, so not much on my must do list today. I'm going out to lunch with a bunch of friends. I think I will spend some time on Amazon today, looking for Christmas gifts for the grandkids, and knit some more on my shawl.

Have a great day!

Hi peeps

Good morning

Glad to hear that the procedure went ok, Marlene!!!! And that Gracie is adjusting somewhat, Mary!!!

Been busy at work, and I've been working on Christmas gifts at night. I think that the blanket I'm making for my brother is going to be a little stiff. Im at the point that I might just stop and call it a scarf!!! Then I'll start another blanket. LolMaybe you need to go up a hook? The Pounders are thick.

Finished a quick garter stitch scarf to match a hat I had made :cheer  :clap 

Time to get ready for paradise. Thinking of all of you!!!!

Went to the mall today and found some great sales and deals in the handbag department - thought of you, Cindy! :lol

Good afternoon house!

We are in full Bazaar mode..tomorrow and Saturday is the BIG Day!  Been whipping up tons of products, stocking the shelves seems like a never ending situation...love it but am a bit tired.

Have a wonderful weekend, thinking of you all, talk soon!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Judy ~ I went to the mall today, too!  Macy's had fantastic sales - Dillards and Nordstroms didn't.  Lol  I actually found some clothes I liked...I hate shopping! ;)

LeeAnn ~ I hope the bazaar is a huge success!   It sounds like so much fun. :yes

Cindy ~ Lunch with friends is always a good thing. :)

Joanne ~ It sounds like you have a scarf! ;)  

Tomorrow is Grandparents' Day at Luke and Zach's school, so we will be there at 8:30 for the festivities.  Luke called earlier to tell me that he wanted to sit with us at the opening session. :c9   Then we go to their classrooms where they have "a surprise" for us.  Zach told me he wants to show us the playground. :lol

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Hi peeps!

Mary, I'll bet the boys were so excited to have you at Grandparent's Day!! Were you able to take any pictures?

Our early morning temps aren't as low as yours, not till tomorrow night, anyway!

Not much going on here...except that I was always miscounting on the poncho rows - gave it up, and am making my favorite pattern now: grannies. The three shades of purple, ranging from very pale to deeper, look fantastic as GS! This may be another ghan I end up keeping - not sure if I'm going dramatic (black as last row JAYG) or soft white. I'll see what mood I'm in when I get there :lol

Hi to everyone else - have to dash

Later gators!

Good morning ladies. Yesterday it was 70 degrees here, Thursday it was 75, now it's snowing ! DD texted to say that the boys were very excited. Of course it's not likely to amount to much.....the ground must be too warm for it to stick.

Yesterday after work I was perusing Pinterest and came across this pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/well-dressed-bunny

I thought it was awfully cute and I promptly bought it. Last night I knit both his legs. And, speaking of miscounted stitches........his feet are going to be bigger than the pattern. I was happily knitting away, and before I knew it, his first foot had two extra rows. I decided making a second big foot would be easier than frogging. After I finish my chores, I plan to knit more of him. Of course, once I looked at this one on Pinterest, more and more bunnies kept showing up in my feed. Now I want to buy all sorts of bunny patterns......

Judy, I'm sorry that the poncho didn't work out for you. If you really want one, I've seen a few that are just rectangles, either strategically sewn together, or buttoned to create the poncho. I actually like the ones with buttons, the ones I've seen look a little dressier than the ones that just have a head opening. The thing about rectangles is that once you see a schematic, you could use any stitch or even your beloved granny squares to create the rectangle and then just follow the pattern to sew them together. I sort of like the asymmetrical, drapery look of this one. I'm not sure if the button is functional or decorative, but I like it.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/customizable-poncho

LeeAnn, hope the bazaar is a huge success and that you get a bit of a break here and there to recharge a bit. Your business sounds like a lot of fun to me...but I'm not sure I could cope with being so busy all the time.

Today I plan to make mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. I have a busy week next week, so it will be good to get that out of the way.

Have a great day, ladies.

(Edited multiple times due to spell check! :))

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Love the coasters! Can't wait to see the Christmas trees. That poncho is a pretty. Your colors for the granny squares will be nice to. Maya has the poncho that a friend made for her mom. Of course it's to small for her now. She and I have been looking at patterns. The one a friend made her mom is done in granny squares. She liked the poncho you showed to. Decisions! I hope someone at the vet office or you let your vet you usually see know about the vet you had to deal with. She certainly isn't in the right profession.

Joanne, You made a beautiful blanket. It will be cherished. Glad your brothers surgery went well. I hope his recovery goes as well. I'm with you on how we feel the difference between raising are kids and then the grandkids. But I compare now to ten years ago when Maya was a baby.

LeeAnn, You certainly are the energizer bunny. Busy, busy, busy! Congratulations on the award! Wish you much success at your bazaar this weekend. Your shop sounds like a fun place to shop at. The poncho you made turned out great. It's beautiful!

Mary, Glad to hear Gracie's surgery went well. How special that the boys school recognizes grandparents. Burr thirty degrees in Texas. Are highs will only be in the 40's next week. It was 66 on Thursday and 70 here at DD's yesterday. It's 33, snowing with a high of 37 today. Lucky for us we had such warm temps that the snow won't stick.

Cindy, Glad your internet is up and running again. When we have had issues it's always been the modem. That's a cute bag pattern. The scarecrow sounds cute. And a mrs to go with it would be even cuter. My TEE was last Friday and my ablation was on Monday.

Tomorrow is Gerimiah's first birthday. The year has really flown by fast. I was looking at the pictures on my phone a couple of days ago, how much he has grown. DD said since we would be here for his birthday and Thanksgiving Thursday we might as well stay all week. We would of had to come back on Tuesday anyways because Maya doesn't have school Wednesday and daycare is off Wednesday thru the rest of the week.

Maya and I are going to a craft show when the guys get back. DD is working. I went Thursday and got a perm. I like it. I'm going to go get ready for the day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy Saturday everyone!  I can't believe I haven't been here since the 3rd!  And of course, it's been busy.

My parents main floor is almost done!  Just have to finish the bathroom and the closet in the master bedroom :)  All of the tile has been removed in the bathroom and all of the new fixtures have been purchased and are ready to go.  We still have some wallpaper to remove and dad has to decide exactly WHAT to do with the walls in there!  They went back to Hazleton on Thursday and when the come back Tuesday the furniture is coming with them and they will finally start staying at their own house!!!  So exciting :)

I took some quick brief notes as I skimmed through to catch up so if I miss anything important...I'm sorry!

Judy - The coasters are super cute.  I love the idea of the barter with your friend!  And, I'm in just as much shock about the vet!

Joanne - I'm sure you loved having everyone there while they got their floors done and I'm sure they wore you out!  Gorgeous blanket and I hope your brother is on the mend!

Marlene - I'm glad to hear you are doing better, how are you feeling now after your procedures?  Did you figure out what Maya broke out from?  I found the snowman topper in Ravelry, but since it's a free download I can share it...so here is the link  http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00920&cat_id=318

Mary - So glad to hear Gracie did well with the surgery and is feeling better!  How wonderful that the boys had grandparents day to show you all of the things important...like the playground ;)  I love it!  I hope your headache is feeling better by now!

LeeAnn - We still have the whole basement to renovate after finishing upstairs, but that can be done more leisurely and will wait until after the holidays.  That  way my parents can settle in and take their time then.  Love the dragonfly poncho...and just in time for the release of the Gilmore Girls!  Ooo, I always love the minty freshness of a peppermint soap at this time of year, how did they turn out?!

Cindy - Glad to hear your water softener has been behaving!  All of your meals from your cooking spree sound delicious!  I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friends.

Alrighty, MY chiropractor just arrived so we can trade adjustments!  Off I go and then to a local crochet group :)

yikes....went to Ravelry and lost my big post!

Read all the updates....

Cindy, funny about how the pins of rabbit patterns are multiplying - like bunnies :rofl

Thanks for the link to the poncho pattern - that looks like a possibility.

Marisa, great to hear the progress on your parents house!

Marlene, I can't believe baby G is so big already! Where does the time go?

Have a good night my friends.

Hi peeps.

Mary, hubby and I are so upset at the officer killed in San Antonio yesterday! All of Texas has to be hurting :cry

I'm off to see my goddaughter this AM, who is in from Colorado for the week - bringing some real Jersey bagels. She needs my hugs - her boyfriend (who is from NJ) broke up with her. I was afraid this might happen since the track record for long distance relationships generally is a poor one.

Hugs to all my friends.

Good morning. This seems to be my only free day until next week Monday. Unless I skip going shopping with my DDs on Friday. However, youngest DD works 5 days a week and oldest DD has six children that she homeschools. The two of them go out in the evenings at times, but I don't like to drive in the dark, so I don't go. Guess I will see how I feel Friday. Maybe I will just join them for breakfast. Plus, I ought to make time this week to visit mil as well.

So today is laundry day, "food prep for Thursday" day and cleaning day. I'm so glad that ds is hosting Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I teach advanced cardiovascular life support and Wednesday I work plus I have a meeting after work. My freezer meals are going to come in very handy this week. I'm also working this weekend.

Luckily, my part in Thanksgiving dinner is fairly light: broccoli rice casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, (already made, since I cooked a turkey breast last week and it came with a gravy packet), corn, (which I sent home with ds last time he was here), and disposable tableware. (Also sent home with ds already.). All my food will go in crockpots to reheat. One DD is making pies. Other DD is baking bread, making stuffing, making a dessert for those who don't like pie and some side dishes.

Judy, sending hugs to your god daughter. That's tough, and maybe even tougher at this time of year. My sister met and married a guy from NYC, but I agree, that's an exception in the world of long distance romance.

My bunny is now the proud possessor of a body, but he's going to have to wait a bit for the rest of his body. My knitting is a bit messy in places, but I'm going to keep going despite that. It's actually going pretty fast, when I consider how slow I knit, and how fiddly the bunny pattern is.

Anyhow, better get back to my to do list. Have a great day. If you don't hear from me much this week, send help. I wil have been buried by my to-do lists!:)

Good afternoon housemates! :)

It looks like everyone is pretty busy right now, as is customary around the holidays.  Sunday was a lazy day for me....well, after Zumba anyways.  They had a free class in the morning at Phipp's Conservatory so my friend Kristen and I went, it was a great class.  Then we went to lunch, lol, and Troy joined us.  Then, it was fairly relaxing.  My only responsibility was cooking dinner, and I also made a pumpkin bread and some spicy pumpkin hummus!  Yummy!

Yesterday wasn't very busy for me.  I had a patient in the morning and a couple in the evening. So, I met Troy for lunch.  We had to go to have an affidavit notarized for his employer that we are domestic partners so I can get on his insurance for next year!  I'm super excited to know I'm going to have good coverage...finally!!!

My parents are on their way back to town as we speak and with their furniture!  So, that's what I'll be doing this evening.  I have to make room at the office for my piano!  There's no room at the new house for it and there is a lot of room at my office, it'll just take some rearranging.

If I don't get back by Thursday....HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!  :pilgrim  :ttalk  :tdance  :ttalk

Hi peeps.

Cindy, wow - you ARE busy!!!! Enjoy your time with family. It's precious.  And thanks for the hugs for Alyson - we talked a to and I can see - despite being very sensitive and emotional at times - she is starting to see that it's for the best, at least for now. She still wants to be friends with him, even f the romantic relationship doesn't work out. It's funny: she shares my Birthday and we are very much alike - while her now ex shares almost the exact birthday as my hubby...I asked when she began to tell me how her ex was acting, etc, and I couldn't believe she picked a guy with my hubby's traits! We had a long talk about sharing values, despite personality differences. It was a great bonding time. Her mom calls me her DD's second mom.

Hey, Marisa!

Be careful helping with the furniture! What a busy time, personally, for you! It's a good thing you had an easy day at work

Here's the firstChristmas tree bookmark. I often get annoyed working with thread, esp when I'm out of practice. The next ones should be easier. 

post-8552-0-34069900-1479845974_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. :)   Yay...I'm sitting down and reading your posts - and actually posting, too. ;)

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful time with your family!  A belated Happy 1st Birthday to baby G. :c9  Will your DS and his kids be at Maya's, too?

Cindy ~ How nice that your DS is hosting Thanksgiving!  With your work schedule, that sounds perfect. :yes  

Marisa ~ I love that you'll have a piano at your office...you can play for the turtles! :lol  (Couldn't resist ;))  You must be thrilled to have your parents close by.  Yay for the new insurance coverage!  My DD loves Zumba!

Judy ~ Alyson is so lucky to have two wonderful moms. :manyheart   So sorry about the boyfriend break up, but she will find someone special one of these days.  The bookmark is gorgeous!  

I think I've made my last trip to the store. Lol  Gracie had her stitches out yesterday and the vet said she was doing great for the two week check.  Her patience with the ever present leash is running out, though. ;)

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Good evening house!

Cindy-oh my gosh!  You are going to have a super duper busy week!  That is great that  you have freezer meals to depend on.  I love having the freezer stocked up makes life so much easier.  That is wonderful to see that everyone is helping, do you think you can all send a message to my family?  It is usually me and me doing most of the cooking.  My sister will be visiting but with her 5 kids, it is going to be a bit hectic.

Judy-oh your poor GD, break ups are hard.  Glad that she is on the mend.  Your bookmark looks great!  I am not a big thread crocheter, I find that my tension is very loose whereas I normally crochet super tight.  Will you be making several?

Joanne-betting that you will be spending the holiday with your dd's, how exciting and fun!

Marisa-woohooo for insurance!  I finally have medicial insurance, haven't had it in a few years.  We updated our policies to carry both our ds now that he is older and added me.  I haven't gone to see a dr in over 5 years.  Grateful for my good health.

Marlene-happy birthday to baby G!  he is getting to be so big.  Is he walking yet?

Mary-taking time to relax sounds like a great plan!  I have to run to the grocery store for salad fixings..sad sad sad.  I wish I would have bought it sooner.  What hooky projects are you working on?

We had such a busy weekend!  We had 21 vendors in the building.  Joyce and I dressed up like Elves one day and Mrs. Santa the next day.  We worked our tail feathers off, walking up and down our street and into most of the local businesses handing out candy canes and invites for the bazaar.  We had a huge traffic flow of folks, good sales filled with wonderful customers.  We were talked out by Saturday.  On Sunday my body would not move..yesterday I had to get up early to fill orders.  

Have also partnered with a local coffee shop.  They are going to carry my Coffee Bean Soaps and Coffee scented bar soaps..have everything in the molds setting up.  Am to deliver everything tomorrow.  

Also hung up the Small Business Saturday promo materials, that is this weekend.  I will also be hosting Thanksgiving Day..oh my!  I am really trying hard not to stress but I feel it seeping in.

Updated  my blog today too.  Off to rest a few before heading home to work some more.  Hugs and warmest of wishes and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

His again - thanks for the compliments! I haven't worked with thread in a couple of years - surprisingly I only dropped the hook twice, LOL! I did have to put on my reading glasses and set my progressive glasses aside while I worked on the bookmark. I'm getting in the mood to make doilies again - but might save that for warmer, humid weather, when working with yarn is more of a chore.

LeeAnn, I will be making at least two more. The red "balls" are french knots -  the pattern called for gluing mini red balls on....not my thing, and it looked plain without anything, so....

You sound like a ball of energy, hon!

if you guys (or me!) don't get back here, have a wonderful, fun filled Thanksgiving with friends and family.

Hello my friends, finally taking time to sit down. Actually I'm thinking of going to bed early. I have to work tomorrow and we are supposed to get freezing rain overnight. Blechhhh! I can tolerate driving in snow, but I hate ice! Maybe dh will drive me to work.

My bunny now has a left paw. Actually none of his parts are sewn together, so he's just a pile of bunny parts, but he's getting there!

Judy, that's a nice bookmark. I don't do thread. My fingers cramp up and I crochet too loosely in thread. I'm also very sad about the murdered police officer. I just don't understand all this senseless violence.

LeeAnn, hope you are getting a bit of time to yourself later this week. Congrats on getting your products out there in the coffee shop. Sounds like a great product for them to carry.

Mary, I'm glad you got a couple of minutes to post. It's good to hear that Gracie is doing well. I'm sure it's rough on her, being so limited in activity.

Marisa, your parents will be happy to finally be settled. I had a laugh visualizing you playing the piano for your turtles. And yay to both you and LeeAnn for having health insurance. Insurance is the reason that I still work.

Marlene, a belated happy birthday to Baby G. It doesn't seem like a year has already passed!

Enjoy the holiday everyone.

Hi everyone. I'll be leaving work early to pick up dd who is taking the train down from Boston!! My other DDs and grandsons will all be here tomorrow for thanksgiving and to celebrate dh birthday, which falls on thanksgiving this year. It will be a little hectic with all the boys, but also laid back in a sense. I don't have to do fancy, just have to cook!! Lol. Youngest DD is bringing the pies, and tonight dd and I will get the potatoes ready. I'm using "good paper plates this year". Less to clean up! And more time to spend woth family.

If I don't get back, happy thanksgiving and blessings to you and your families!!!!

Hi Cindy and Joanne. Enjoy your families! And everyone else - enjoy tomorrow as we all count our blessings.

I had to sit and rest my back this afternoon - a couple of hours straight of cooking and baking today was a lot for me. It makes tomorrow easier, though.

Hugs to all!

Archived