Our House Part Two

JulieKay

We had a fun day yesterday!!! The boys enjoyed the pool, the ribs and corn were delicious!!! A really nice day all around!!!!

Only 3 more days of work this week!!!

Judy hope you survived the humidity today. The rest of the week is supposed to be much less humid....or so they say. At least your ac is getting fixed tomorrow!

Cindy, your dd and sil are lucky they can purchase their house before selling theor current one!!!

Mary. Fingers crossed for your dd and sil that they get an offer !!,

Dd and sil kitchen remodel is goimg to commence on 9/20. Ryan was concerned that he may not be able to get to the basement since the door to the basement is in the kitchen. Lol. Dd and sil assured them that they will make sure they had toys upstairs to play with. Its going to be great when it is done, but tough during the remodel.

Have a good night and great tuesday!!!.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, peeps.

Well, we haven't heard whether or not the part has come in :tryme ....and last evening it was 88 degrees upstairs - which is as high as the upstairs thermostat goes. Hubby toughed it out because he loves his bed. Had ceiling fan and box fan going, with all the windows open. I "slept" downstairs on the sofa with the AC. Miserable now with a sinus headache and felling very sleep deprived. We are getting quite testy.

Then, this morning, I realized I haven't heard the attic fan go on lately! *&%&*($@@$%

DH made a very nice call to the company who installed our replacement three years ago......and got an answering machine  :loco

'nuff said for now.....

Good morning House!

Feels like forever since my last post, you all have been super duper busy!

Joanne-your weekends with your family always sound like so much fun!  I am afraid that I have lost touch with folks once I started the business, it seems to be taking over my life.  It is so difficult to keep all of the balls up in the air.  Your shawl is beautiful!  I have been eyeing the Caron Cakes, but since we do not have a Michael's here and they are not being offered online, I will just drool over all of the wonderful items that you wonderful ladies create.   :lol

Judy-Mr. Eagle is spectacular!  wow!  I am going to save your photo so that I can show it to the ladies this week for Craft Night, you do amazing  work my friend.  I am so sorry to hear about all of the AC problems, that has to be the pits.   :hug Glad that you were able to get out and about and visit a good friend.  The Caron yarn does split some, but I think that I am used to it.  lol  The stiffer yarns really make my wrist pain increase.  

Cindy-your veggies and bread all sound soo good!  I love homemade bread, it's my downfall.  Yummy!  Would you mind sharing a recipe?

Mary-so glad that you were able to get out of the rain, it has really been a wet summer.  Here in CO we have had more rain than normal.  

This last weekend went by in a blink.  On Saturday we had an event called Alamosa Open Arms.  All of the businesses decorated the sidewalk in front of their buildings, we served lemonade and cookies and offered special discounts to the college students.  I also whipped up special Grizzle It Up Soaps.  The universities mascot is a Grizzly Bear..someone dropped the ball..not sure if it was the Chamber of Commerce but the college students did not show up..talk about disappointing!  Oh well, what's a gal to do?

I have also been cooking cooking and cooking more.  I usually triple my recipes so that I can freeze 2 meals.  We also bought a new upright freezer last weekend, it finally has something in it.  :lol   It is a tiring process, I do not think this week I am going to focus on it as much, have to start working on the Fall items.  

I am also starting a Temperature Afghan Crochet Along, it is going to be so much fun :manyheart .  It will run from Oct 1-Sept 30, 2017.  An entire year long.  I have put the yarn color kit together and have the temperature info ready, taking orders from the ladies before ordering the yarn.  The kit comes with 14 skeins of yarn.  I think I will have 8 ladies so far..but we welcome more.  Plan on blogging about it more today, stay tuned!

off to start the weekly checklist, hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

Lee Ann, I make my bread dough in a bread maker and bake it in the oven. There are only the two of us, so I always make 1 pound loaves. These two recipes are my two most used bread recipes:

http://www.food.com/recipe/bread-machine-oatmeal-bread-94271

If I don't feel like dealing with honey, I use brown sugar instead in this one.

This next one is one I devised by trial and error and its a bit of a mishmash of a bunch of recipes.

http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/2015/04/bread-machine-recipe.html

And speaking of cooking more, DD called me and asked if I wanted to do a freezer cooking session with her. They hope to close on their new house next week and they will get immediate possession. DD thinks having meals ready to go will be a big help.

We are doing this on Thursday and we plan to make the following:

Philly chicken cheesesteak sandwiches

Zesty bbq chicken

Chicken cordon bleu casserole

Cowboy casserole

There was one more but I forget what it was. I know it was something Mexican. DD picked out the recipes. She is also making stuffed shells, but I don't see dh eating those since they contain cottage cheese, so I will pass on those. (Although I thought they sounded great.). DD is making spaghetti sauce tomorrow, but I have some in the freezer, so I passed on that too.

Well, the attic fan is on....I panicked for no reason :blush

But the AC won't be getting worked on till tomorrow - morning, if I believe them....I read almost 200 pages of "Finding Jake" today - our book club selection for September. Almost finished. Sad, suspense, all sorts of drama....

LeeAnn, I'm so flattered you want to share a pic of my ghan! KarisCrafts is where I bought the pattern, in case anyone wants to know. It;s definitely a graph pattern for someone who is experienced making them, though. Some of the stitch count was off smack dab in the middle, between pages 4 and 5. The chart came out of the printer wonky, so I had to fudge a little.

I've seen those temperature khans but never explored it enough to get into it...it sounds like it could be fun!

Joanne, I know DD and DSIL are lucky to be able to wait to sell their house. It sure decreases the stress! Hope your DD and family survive the kitchen remodel without too much anxiety. I'm glad we remodeled our kitchen, but I woukdnt want to do it again! (And I didn't have any children around.)

Judy, I sure hope it either cools down a lot or your A/C gets fixed in a hurry. I feel for you. I don't tolerate heat very well anymore. At least we have a basement where it's always quite a bit cooler than the rest of the house. I'd be sleeping down there on a camper mattress if our A/C went out!

LeeAnn, I've seen a few temperature afghans in various states of progress it's a pretty neat idea.

Mary, this morning I read that the sound of rain decreases stress levels by 40%. I guess you are de-stressed! :)

morning peeps.

Day 6....waiting for the repair people to show up this morning. The temp is 76 and humidity 88....my hair curls beautifully in this weather.  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Cindy, DH is having a hard time with the heat lately - he never used to feel it that much. Me - I detest Summer :yuck - but then, all my friends know that.

I did manage to sleep upstairs last night - it got in the low 70's and there was a slight breeze. We got small  vornado fan  and I put the big box fan up on the second floor landing next to the dogs beds....and we found both of them laying in front of it this morning. Smart pups. I couldn't sleep on the sofa another night - and I actually got some deep sleep last night. I feel a bit more human this morning. :sweat

Back to reading my Book Club book - want to see how it ends!

Have a good day ladies!

Good Morning! :)

Judy ~ Oh my, you all must be so ready for the fan motor to be fixed! :hug   Like you, I'm always glad when summer comes to an end.  I'm glad you were able to sleep better last night.

LeeAnn ~ Love reading about your life and all you do!  The crochet a long is a great idea...and you already have a lot who have signed up! 

Cindy ~ Tomorrow sounds like a full day of cooking with DD!  My DH likes almost anything - but no casseroles. Lol 

Joanne ~ I know your kids will be thrilled to have the remodeling behind them, but it's so exciting!  Is this the week you're going to spend time with your friends? 

Marlene, Michelle and anyone I've missed - we're thinking of you and hope you're okay. :manyheart

Luke is so excited to be back in school.  He has a chess class one hour a week and is already 'getting it!'  Oh dear, now I need to learn to play chess and speak Spanish, too. :lol  Zachary is very excited to be going to "Luke's school." :)

I have a dental cleaning appt. later and will buy groceries after that.  'Hope to have some crochet time later.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone.

Hello, it's been a lonnng time since I hang out at Crochetville. Thought it's a good time to check in, see the oldies and meet others who don't meet me before! I adore Ravelry but it become so big that it become too overwhelming, even with some chatty groups.

I 'reconnect' with crochetting other day when I found my oldest UFO ever that I thought is gone forever - waterfall homespun afghan, my personal design. It remind me of this forum which I am so happy to see being active!

I am doing a book challenge, to get back into reading. I am playing with a cookbook to try out some simple recipes. If it goes well, I might set up a recipe blog. Any suggestions on the recipe collection websites ?

I got back from summer vacation, so it's all about establishing the daily routines at home.

AC was fixed this morning :clap  :clap

Good Morning! :)

Judy ~ Oh my, you all must be so ready for the fan motor to be fixed! :hug   Like you, I'm always glad when summer comes to an end.  I'm glad you were able to sleep better last night.

LeeAnn ~ Love reading about your life and all you do!  The crochet a long is a great idea...and you already have a lot who have signed up! 

Cindy ~ Tomorrow sounds like a full day of cooking with DD!  My DH likes almost anything - but no casseroles. Lol 

Joanne ~ I know your kids will be thrilled to have the remodeling behind them, but it's so exciting!  Is this the week you're going to spend time with your friends? 

Marlene, Michelle and anyone I've missed - we're thinking of you and hope you're okay. :manyheart

Luke is so excited to be back in school.  He has a chess class one hour a week and is already 'getting it!'  Oh dear, now I need to learn to play chess and speak Spanish, too. :lol  Zachary is very excited to be going to "Luke's school." :)That's amazing! DH was taught how to play chess by his uncle - and at about the same age as Luke! The kids sound so sweet.

I have a dental cleaning appt. later and will buy groceries after that.  'Hope to have some crochet time later.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone.

I hope you got in some hook time!

Hello, it's been a lonnng time since I hang out at Crochetville. Thought it's a good time to check in, see the oldies and meet others who don't meet me before! I adore Ravelry but it become so big that it become too overwhelming, even with some chatty groups.​Welcome back! And I know what you mean: I love Ravelry but it's way too big for me. I'm much more comfortable right here ;) 

I 'reconnect' with crochetting other day when I found my oldest UFO ever that I thought is gone forever - waterfall homespun afghan, my personal design. It remind me of this forum which I am so happy to see being active! I'll bet it's pretty!

I am doing a book challenge, to get back into reading. I'm in a neighborhood book club, plus I read a ton on my own. I just finished The Little French Guesthouse....and it's sequel. I am playing with a cookbook to try out some simple recipes. If it goes well, I might set up a recipe blog. Any suggestions on the recipe collection websites ?I usually end up on All Recipes - Ive had a lot of success with their site,

I got back from summer vacation, so it's all about establishing the daily routines at home.

I like routine too - but then there are times I like to break out of what's expected too :lol

I finished "Finding Jake", our September book. Very well written, IMO, anyway. It was a powerful novel - 180 degrees different from The Little French Guesthouse.

Have a great night my friends,

Hello, it's been a lonnng time since I hang out at Crochetville. Thought it's a good time to check in, see the oldies and meet others who don't meet me before! I adore Ravelry but it become so big that it become too overwhelming, even with some chatty groups.

I 'reconnect' with crochetting other day when I found my oldest UFO ever that I thought is gone forever - waterfall homespun afghan, my personal design. It remind me of this forum which I am so happy to see being active!

I am doing a book challenge, to get back into reading. I am playing with a cookbook to try out some simple recipes. If it goes well, I might set up a recipe blog. Any suggestions on the recipe collection websites ?

Welcome back. I like Ravelry a lot too, but I find it overwhelming. So many ideas.....

I also read a lot. I try to keep track of what I read on the "50 book challenge" thread here on Crochetville, but I know I miss some books.

As for recipes....are you on Pinterest? I find most of the new recipes that I try there. Every once in a while I make up a recipe and sometimes I put those on my blog. I'm mostly interested in quick, easy recipes, but I've been thinking about learning to can. They say you're never too old to learn something new.

Another site with recipes that I like is Gooseberry Patch, (they sell cookbooks, but a lot of recipes are on the site as well). I like their recipes because they have been tried and enjoyed by the people who submit them. The same can be said about "Taste of Home".

morning peeps!

Judy,woohoo for the air conditioning fix! Undoubtedly cooler weather will be moving in very soon.....

Of course it will...lol!! It's humid this morning and we (finally) had a ton of rain early this morning. We haven't had any in our part of the state for a long time. 

Working on straightening up my yarn closet - started yesterday. I can't really say "organizing" because I can't see that happening, but as long as I can see what I have....and hopefully purge some to give to the senior center.

Have a good day my friends,

Judy - Thank you for the suggestion. I look it up, "Allrecipes". It appears that it don't allow me to download the recipes to the computer as a safe backup. I think I will try google docs/ gmail. Mom and I like to swap recipes all the time. She already have her own recipe collections saved on the computer and OneDrive. (accessed by the phone)  I wish to do same for myself.

I have tons of saved recipes bookmarks and too many cookbooks on my shelves. In hopes of trying them out (modify as I go), I will appreciate eating at home more. My family love to eat out all the time.

However with my food issues, I need to eat more at home. (I am a celiac who have severe food allergies and very sensitive about cross-contamination.)

​Gardener​ - Thank you for the suggestion. I already have my own cookbooks that I need to try out, too many! :lol  Oh no, I avoid Pinterest like a plague. I don't need more wormholes! Maybe one day...

I wonder if anyone have any Labor Day plans this weekend ? Mine just got cancelled. So I thought that I would have a stayation, watching tv movies/Netflix dvds and crafting all day. I just got back into writing as well.

Good morning House!

It's Thursday?  Wow!  The days really do seem to be flying by!

Yesterday we took my mom to a dr. appointment in Colorado Springs.  It is 3 hours north of where we live.  She handled her procedure well and was a good patient.  I was glad that I could help drive her and take care of her.  She has severe back/knee/hip issues.  She has had so many surgeries that I do not think that I can list them all.  It was her 4th epidural, seems to work for her nerve pain for a couple of months.  I can't imagine being in pain all day long.

Cindy-thank you so very much for sharing your bread recipes!  I do not have a bread machine but do have the bread attachment for my upright Kitchen Aide, betting it would work. My family loves bread!  Also read quite a bit of your blog, so interesting,  you are a great cook!  Your pasta sauce sounds amazing!  

Judy-oh happy day!  So so so glad that your AC is up and running!  Bet you are all feeling relieved.  Yarn organizing stresses me out.   :lol  :lol  :lol  that's what I tell myself :rofl   i always pull everything out..then feel completely overwhelmed because I just can't seem to get to all of the projects that I want..then after I start putting everything away I want to start about 10 projects..all at the same time.  It's a sight!  

Diane-hello there!  Nice to meet you!  I am a member of Ravelry but feel lost there, can't seem to get into it.  One of these days.   :manyheart

Hello to the rest of the house, thinking of all of you!

This Saturday we are hosting a "Clues Cruise"  Our town hosts a huge Car Show, the oldies are already rolling in.  It is super neat.  How the Cruise works, is the folks that sign up get a "Goody Bag" in it, is a Scavenger Hunt, they get to go to the businesses and fill out their paperwork.  It is busy busy for us until about 1 and then the ladies go off to a Tea Social, and the men go off to make sure that their cars are entered into all of the categories.  I am hoping that I get to rest on Sunday.

Tonight is Craft Night, going to pitch the Temperature Afghan Crochet A Long to all of the other ladies that show up, wish me luck!

off to paper land.  Hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hello ladies. It is gorgeous weather here. 75 degrees in the sun, cool enough in the shade to need a cardigan. There's a nice breeze blowing and my windows are open. I might even get my fall decorations out!

I spent a few hours today over at DDs making freezer meals. In just over two hours we made 14 meals for her family, (2 adults and 6 kids!), and 11 meals for the two of us. Some meals will have leftovers. Plus we cleaned up our mess in that time. DD wanted them because they are moving, but we both decided that we are going to do another session in November. It went really fast with both of us working at it. Most meals will need a vegetable added and some require bread or tortillas, but it will still make for some very simple dinners.

Diane, I have to work all three days this weekend. No other plans here. Dh plans to spend some time with his mom and do some odd jobs around the house. I noticed that a nearby restaurant is going to be closed all weekend. That's nice for the employees. Otherwise I doubt they ever get an entire holiday weekend off.

Anyhow, in light of the fact that I have to work all weekend, I'm planning to take tomorrow off. I'm going to craft, read, nap, whatever I want. In preparation for this I have done nearly all the weekly cleaning and the laundry. I will finish those chores this evening.

Have a great rest of the day, ladies!

Hi House. :)

Hi Diane ~ It's so good to see you here again!  You sound super busy and happy. :yes   I don't think we have plans for the weekend, but we may see our grandkids. :)  I really like Yummly for recipe ideas.  You have to register, but it's free. 

LeeAnn ~ Oh, I'm sorry that your mom is going through so much pain. :hug  I know she was glad you were with her yesterday.  I love to read about your town's activities!  There's a lot to be said for smaller communities.  Good luck with your craft group this evening!

Cindy ~ Wow!  You and DD accomplished a lot!  Good for you for taking a day off tomorrow. :)

Judy ~ Yay for a working AC!   It seems like I just reorganized my sewing room...it sure doesn't look like it now. :lol 

Hi to anyone I've missed!

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Quick stop in. I read all the posts and will be heading out in a few for my mani pedi! I finished the never ending granny last night I will be gifting it to my middle daughter for Christmas.

Praying for those in the path of the hurricane. I may postpone my trip to Boston until October. We will see. If it's going to rain Sunday and Monday in Boston, thats probably what I'll do. I have a 4 day weekend scheduled around my birthday. The weather today is gorgeous here.

Time to finish getting ready. Will check back in later

post-27163-0-93905800-1472819191_thumb.jpg

'Morning, everyone. :)

Joanne ~ Very pretty!  I love your yarn choices - the variegated is great with the solids. :clap

Hubby has another appointment today, so I think we'll have lunch out.  Have a good morning!

Good morning. It's chilly here. I'm wrapped up in two afghans. Dh tells me to enjoy it as the heat will be back in a day or two.

Joanne, that is a lovely afghan. Your DD will love it. And look at you...a handmade gift done, with months to spare.

Nothing planned for me today. I'm just going to relax and enjoy the day.

I'm not sure if I will find time to check in this weekend or not. Bust in case I don't, hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Hi, peeps.

Taking a break after wiping off the dog drool that somehow ended up on the walls....

I wonder if anyone have any Labor Day plans this weekend ? Mine just got cancelled. So I thought that I would have a stayation, watching tv movies/Netflix dvds and crafting all day. I just got back into writing as well.

Nope - we like to do things when no one else is...holidays usually find us hibernating. It sounds like you have  a peaceful weekend planned! Writing is good - when I was into it many months back I would lose all track of time!

Good morning House!

It's Thursday?  Wow!  The days really do seem to be flying by!

Yesterday we took my mom to a dr. appointment in Colorado Springs.  It is 3 hours north of where we live.  She handled her procedure well and was a good patient.  I was glad that I could help drive her and take care of her.  She has severe back/knee/hip issues.  She has had so many surgeries that I do not think that I can list them all.  It was her 4th epidural, seems to work for her nerve pain for a couple of months.  I can't imagine being in pain all day long.It's a good thing you're there for her!

Judy-oh happy day!  So so so glad that your AC is up and running!  Bet you are all feeling relieved.  Totally....all I was doing was nibbling on the wrong things and not doing anything much around the house! Yarn organizing stresses me out. Me, too, to to tell the truth! My brain spins as I try to think about if I'll use a certain yarn - should I donate it - or which of the many patterns I have will work for some other type of yarn. I do draw the line at using L or above hooks. They kill my hands.   :lol  :lol  :lol  that's what I tell myself :rofl   i always pull everything out..then feel completely overwhelmed because I just can't seem to get to all of the projects that I want..then after I start putting everything away I want to start about 10 projects..all at the same time.  It's a sight!  That last thing you said is why any involved projects get done upstairs - not everyone is as relaxed as I am at the sight of bags of yarn  surrounding a chair (DH :lol )

Hello to the rest of the house, thinking of all of you!

This Saturday we are hosting a "Clues Cruise"  Our town hosts a huge Car Show, the oldies are already rolling in.  It is super neat.  How the Cruise works, is the folks that sign up get a "Goody Bag" in it, is a Scavenger Hunt, they get to go to the businesses and fill out their paperwork.  It is busy busy for us until about 1 and then the ladies go off to a Tea Social, and the men go off to make sure that their cars are entered into all of the categories.  I am hoping that I get to rest on Sunday.That sounds like fun!

Tonight is Craft Night, going to pitch the Temperature Afghan Crochet A Long to all of the other ladies that show up, wish me luck!​I don't think you'll need any luck - I can't imagine it not being a fun idea to do as a group!

off to paper land.  Hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hello ladies. It is gorgeous weather here. 75 degrees in the sun, cool enough in the shade to need a cardigan. There's a nice breeze blowing and my windows are open. I might even get my fall decorations out!Sounds good!!

I spent a few hours today over at DDs making freezer meals. In just over two hours we made 14 meals for her family, (2 adults and 6 kids!), and 11 meals for the two of us. Some meals will have leftovers. Plus we cleaned up our mess in that time. DD wanted them because they are moving, but we both decided that we are going to do another session in November. It went really fast with both of us working at it. Most meals will need a vegetable added and some require bread or tortillas, but it will still make for some very simple dinners.That's great - what a great visual I have of you and DD working side by side and chatting....you're truly blessed,

Diane, I have to work all three days this weekend. No other plans here. Dh plans to spend some time with his mom and do some odd jobs around the house. I noticed that a nearby restaurant is going to be closed all weekend. That's nice for the employees. Otherwise I doubt they ever get an entire holiday weekend off.

Anyhow, in light of the fact that I have to work all weekend, I'm planning to take tomorrow off. I'm going to craft, read, nap, whatever I want. In preparation for this I have done nearly all the weekly cleaning and the laundry. I will finish those chores this evening.

Have a great rest of the day, ladies!

I hope you're having a great day, today, Cindy!

Quick stop in. I read all the posts and will be heading out in a few for my mani pedi! I finished the never ending granny last night I will be gifting it to my middle daughter for Christmas.
Praying for those in the path of the hurricane. I may postpone my trip to Boston until October. We will see. If it's going to rain Sunday and Monday in Boston, thats probably what I'll do. I have a 4 day weekend scheduled around my birthday. The weather today is gorgeous here.

Time to finish getting ready. Will check back in later
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Love the ghan!!! The colors are wonderful!

Hello, hello, hello!

Geez, I don't remember when it was that I was last here....but, it's been forever and a day!

I was just doing some things on the computer and decided to pop on over to say 'hey'!  I'm going to try to get back on a regular schedule.  Fingers crossed.  But, that would still only be while I'm at the office more than likely.  I don't like posting from the iPad and that's what I have at home.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  I am working tomorrow morning, so will be back to check in again :)  Oh boy, I've missed this crew.  As you can guess, I did not attempt to go back to see what I've missed...I will just move forward from here.

Archived