Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi house! Back to hot and humid here. :(

LeeAnn, nice socks!

It's been quite busy at work this week, every admission has been super sick. I'm off until Friday, though.

Today, it's been household chores and laundry. I'm making French dip sandwiches for dinner, so I have bread rising for that,

Oldest DD called to say that they finally have all the paperwork and legal requirements for their new house finished so a closing date shouldn't be too far off. She's starting to feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of moving, but I told her I'd help her.

Hope you are all having a great day.

Hi everyone. :)

LeeAnn ~ The socks turned out so nice!  Your knitting is beautiful. :yes   I remember you told us about freezing meals ahead - such a great idea!  How many do you do at one time?

Cindy ~ Enjoy your next couple of days off!  I love French dip sandwiches.  Our favorite seafood place actually has really good French dip sandwiches. Lol

The eye doctor said all is good.  I still don't need anything but readers!  Mine are a prescription though since each eye is centered a bit differently.  So I treated myself to some fun frames. :)

Have a good afternoon, friends. :manyheart

Happy hump day!

Love the socks, leeann. You asked if i was knitting another blanket. Jali has two. Lol and now charlie has one. Thats good enough! Lol. I was thinking of making snuggle sacks for ryan and robbie. But first I really have to get thinking about the blanket for my niece. I may just finish the garter squish and give that to them since it already has a lot of the colors she said she liked. And it really is so squishy and snuggly.

Mary. Good news on your eye exam!!!!

Cindy thats great that your dd and family are nearing the time they can move. Yes, overwheliming but once its done, they will be so happy! I. Noticed the hunidity here is starting to creep back. Dislike !

Marlene and michelle. Hope all is well!!!

Judy. I bet you are so ready to be done woth mr eagle. It is surely going to be treasured !

I started a half granny shawl wih the new caron cakes yarn. I'm liking it. I bought it last week when michaels had yarn, buy 1 get 1 1/2 off Its 20% wool, 80% acrylic. It says hand wash, but I've seen a lot of posts where people have machine washed on cold, gentle cycle without any problem. I also am almost done with the large solid granny I'm making for my middle dd for Christmas Its just like the one i had given my youngest about 5 years ago that she always uses when she is at her sisters house

Have a good night and I'm off to hook!!

Good morning. It's 6:30, but I'm up....on a day off. :( I've been awake since 4 AM, and after tossing and turning for a couple of hours, I decided to get up. It's thundering, lightening and raining here. Sophie and I are sitting on the porch.

Joanne, I saw pictures of that Caron cakes yarn. It sure looked nice. Wil the shawl be for you? I've made one large granny afghan since I started crocheting. I don't know why I haven't made more. Granny's are such nice mindless projects, but they look really nice when they are finished.

Mary, great news on the eyes. My French dips turned out really good. I had to make up an "au jus" recipe, since pretty much every one that I found online called for canned beef consommé, and I doubt if our little neighborhood grocery even carries it. Besides, I didn't feel like going out. I even remembered to write down what I put in it.

Today I'm going out for lunch with a bunch of my old co-workers, (and a few current ones). We try to get together every couple of months, and there are usually 10 to 15 of us. Afterwards I will get a few groceries and run a few errands.

Have a great day, ladies.

Eeeek! I had a big post - and slid my hand over the laptop....gone!

I saw fantastic knit socks and heard good news about a house closing - and the Caron cakes yarn - I'm off to use the coupon this AM - last day for it.

Off I go to start my day. And I just have a few more rounds of black for the Eagle border and it's DONE!

Hi to everyone!

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Joanne ~ The new yarn sounds really nice!  And wtg on making another large granny 'ghan. :yes

Judy ~ Did you get the new yarn?  I haven't seen it in person yet...let us know how you like it.  Can't wait to see the Eagle!

Cindy ~ 'Hope your Thursday lunch was a good one.  You are so clever to make a note of the au jus recipe!  I'm always thinking I can remember what I did "last time."  Lol

Hi to Michelle, Marlene, LeeAnn and the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH is having lunch with the guys and I'm home all day!  Crochet time this afternoon when all these pesky chores are done. :)

Hi, peeps!

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Joanne ~ The new yarn sounds really nice!  And wtg on making another large granny 'ghan. :yes

Judy ~ Did you get the new yarn?  I haven't seen it in person yet...let us know how you like it. It's very soft!! I'm going to make a half granny shawl for me :)  Can't wait to see the Eagle!See my next post!

Cindy ~ 'Hope your Thursday lunch was a good one.  You are so clever to make a note of the au jus recipe!  I'm always thinking I can remember what I did "last time."  Lol

Hi to Michelle, Marlene, LeeAnn and the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH is having lunch with the guys and I'm home all day!  Crochet time this afternoon when all these pesky chores are done. :)Awesome, having alone time for a bit!!!

Morning peeps!

Thanks, Joanne and Mary! The finish was well timed: our AC died yesterday afternoon. Repair guys are coming at 8 this morning. Another blessing: the humidity has lessened and a cool morning had me open the patio door and kitchen window to get the fresh air!

Joanne, I bought the red velvet color way cake! I love your shawl! I think you mentioned making one, so I had a coupon on its last day...and off I ran to Michaels...lol! This yarn is so soft - I'm keeping my shawl when I make it.

BBL!

Judy. Tg its not as humid today. Good luck woth the AC !! Im keeping the shawl for me too!!! I bought a few other colors too. Started another one last night, a simple v stitch.

Off to do the weekly chores!!!

Happy saturday!!!!

'Morning all. :)

Joanne ~ Your shawl is lovely. :clap    So glad you like the yarn...and Judy likes hers!  Of course, that means I will have to get some, too. :D

Judy ~ Oh, I hope the ac is an easy fix!  Have fun playing with your new yarn. :yes

I've been up since 4:30, so the kitchen is clean. Lol 

Hi again!

Well, the AC motor is 20 years old, and cannot be replaced till Tuesday  :reyes Last night was horrible....

Positive side:  Bought a floor model AC unit for the bedroom from Sears; the AC people obviously felt badly and are bringing a portable AC unit we can put in the man cave; humidity is not an issue for the foreseeable future; we have a nice breeze coming in from the back - and a fan in the two main areas; temps will not be hitting 90 for the next few days.

So - it could be worse! :D

Hello ladies.

Judy, Mr Eagle is spectacular! Sorry to hear about the AC issues. It must be the season. We were at DGS brothers place last evening and their AC quit yesterday as well. Luckily our weather has been fairly comfortable for the past few days. Right now it's humid but only around 70 degrees.

Joanne, that shawl is really pretty. Sounds like I missed the Caron cakes bargain! Since you and Judy got some, and Mary is getting some, obviously, I will need some too.....,Gotta keep up with my friends you know!

Dh's brother is an avid gardener. Sister in law is sick of preserving the bounty, so when we were there last night, we took home bags of veggies, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, onions, basil and more. I have tomato sauce and potato soup simmering. I chopped and froze the onions that I didn't use in the soup and the sauce, and also froze the basil. I still need to freeze the rest of the peppers. I've been at this all morning and I feel like Martha Stewart! It smells really good in here. I've got herb bread rising too.

I suppose I ought to give some thought to regular chores now. I've got laundry to fold, bathrooms to clean, etc., etc.....

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Judy ~ Oh, so sorry about the ac.  Every summer, we expect the upstairs unit to go out - we replaced the downstairs unit a couple of years ago.  Not fun!  I hope you all aren't too uncomfortable. :hug

Cindy ~ All the fresh veggies sound so good!  Over the years, we've had big gardens and I loved canning and freezing.  We used to have a small garden here, but the trees have grown so much that it's too shady.  I plant tomatoes in big pots and have an herb garden off the patio.  I plant lots of basil so I can make/freeze pesto...DD and a couple of neighbors always love that. :)  Herb bread sounds heavenly! 

Speaking of food...time to start dinner!  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning, and happy sunday!

Im almost done with the v stitch shawl! Today, dd , sil and the boys are coming over. Dd is bringing ribs and dha nd i will be heading out soon to get some fresh corn ! Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day. Lol of course with 3 boys here, not sure how relaxing it will be, but it will be fun!!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. It's not terribly hot here. But it is very humid. We're headed off to church in a few minutes. DD and the grandkids are coming for lunch. (Dsil is out of town). Joanne we have fresh corn from dbil's garden for lunch. Guess it's the season!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning!

Hello ladies.

Judy, Mr Eagle is spectacular! Thanks!! I shared the pic with my friend (recipient) and she said it's beautiful...but she expected nothing less....I had to chuckle at that one! She and I are so alike in temperament and we actually both have December birthdays. Sorry to hear about the AC issues. It must be the season. All the experts have been saying how bad this summer has been. Lady across the street lost hers... Tuesday can't come soon enough! I'm visiting a 90 yo friend tomorrow, so I'll be out from late morning till mid afternoon at least. During the really bad heat wave we had a couple of weeks ago SHE lost her part of the AC that is connected to her DD's (her apartment is attached to the main house)We were at DGS brothers place last evening and their AC quit yesterday as well. Yikes!Luckily our weather has been fairly comfortable for the past few days. Right now it's humid but only around 70 degrees.That's how our nights have been - which is why DH moved the window unit we bought from our bedroom to the living room. So much more comfortable, even though it's not a big one, the fans help circulate the air.

Joanne, that shawl is really pretty. Sounds like I missed the Caron cakes bargain! Since you and Judy got some, and Mary is getting some, obviously, I will need some too.....,Gotta keep up with my friends you know!Absolutely! :devil   As soon as we get the central air back I'll be working with it!

Dh's brother is an avid gardener. Sister in law is sick of preserving the bounty, so when we were there last night, we took home bags of veggies, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, onions, basil and more. Sounds heavenly! I have tomato sauce and potato soup simmering. I chopped and froze the onions that I didn't use in the soup and the sauce, and also froze the basil. I still need to freeze the rest of the peppers. I've been at this all morning and I feel like Martha Stewart! It smells really good in here. I've got herb bread rising too.Oh, yummy....from your description I can almost smell it out here in NJ!

I suppose I ought to give some thought to regular chores now. I've got laundry to fold, bathrooms to clean, etc., etc.....

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Judy ~ Oh, so sorry about the ac.  Every summer, we expect the upstairs unit to go out - we replaced the downstairs unit a couple of years ago.  Not fun!  I hope you all aren't too uncomfortable. :hugThanks. We're doing OK. I'm more concerned about the dogs being comfortable. Now that the window unit is downstairs Sparkie's no longer panting....

Cindy ~ All the fresh veggies sound so good!  Over the years, we've had big gardens and I loved canning and freezing.  We used to have a small garden here, but the trees have grown so much that it's too shady.  I plant tomatoes in big pots and have an herb garden off the patio.  I plant lots of basil so I can make/freeze pesto...DD and a couple of neighbors always love that. :)  Herb bread sounds heavenly! 

Speaking of food...time to start dinner!  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning, and happy sunday!

Im almost done with the v stitch shawl! You are fast!! Today, dd , sil and the boys are coming over. Dd is bringing ribs and dha nd i will be heading out soon to get some fresh corn ! Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day. Lol of course with 3 boys here, not sure how relaxing it will be, but it will be fun!!

Have a great day everyone!

Joanne, Im sure you'll have a blast with the family over! Enjoy :heart

Good morning. It's not terribly hot here. But it is very humid. We're headed off to church in a few minutes. DD and the grandkids are coming for lunch. (Dsil is out of town). Joanne we have fresh corn from dbil's garden for lunch. Guess it's the season!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Have a great visit with them, Cindy.

I'll be reading today...tg for kindle: don't need to turn on any lights! :lol

Later, gators!

Good Morning!  Woke up to clouds and now it's raining!  We've had very little the last few weeks and I'm so excited to see it. :yes

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Judy, I've been thinking of you all and hope you're not too miserable.  Hope it's all fixed by tomorrow!

DD and the boys came over yesterday.  Their house hasn't sold, but has been viewed a lot.  One couple has been back three times and another twice...it's hard not to get excited when that happens! 

DH has an appt. this afternoon.  Laundry is in and the dishwasher is going. :)

Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Good morning. I got to be on call for work, but they don't expect to need me. It's nice to get an unexpected day off, especially on a Monday! It's really nice weather here, sunny, breezy and warm, but not hot or humid. I have laundry going, but nothing else accomplished.

Saturday's pasta sauce was a hit with hubby, despite the fact that it was chunky and included zucchini. He told me not to bother blending it smooth, which was part of my original plan. Potato soup, using more of bil's veggies is in the crockpot for tonight's dinner. I have homemade rolls left from Saturday to go with it.

Mary, I hope DDs house sells soon. Our dsil and DD aren't planning to put their house on the market until after they move. They figure it will be less stressful that way. They are hoping to get a closing date this week.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi Cindy ~ Your sauce sounds yummy - I tend to throw zucchini in a lot of things. Lol  Potato soup sounds really good right now. :)

We got caught in torrential rain today so I got off the freeway as soon as I could and we sat in a parking lot for 20 minutes.  We also had another good shower here at home this afternoon.  Always thankful for rain!

Archived