Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Marisa!  It's wonderful to see your post. :)  The House is still here...a little quieter than it used to be. Lol   Looking forward to hearing about what you've been doing.  Are you still crocheting?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Marisa, its good to "see" you!!! I usually post from my ipad, auto correct drives me nuts, though!

I Spoke with dd and i am postponing the trek to boston until my birthday weekend in october. The weather will be cooler and DD is off for Columbus day so it will work out. It is supposed to be cloudy with rain starting Sunday pm through Tuesday up there. We are not looking at good weather here either. Hurricane Hermaine is supposed to hit nj They wont get it up in Boston but i really don't like driving long distances by myself in the rain. Here in NJ, Coastal areas will get the brunt, but depending on where the eye is will determine what we get. Hoping its not llike sandy. Some folks are just getting their lives back together from that hurricane.

Tomorrow we will probably do something outdoors since it looks like Sunday and Monday will be indoor days......hopefully with power!!!

Marisa!!!!!!!!! :manyheart  :hug

Good to see you!

Joanne, we went for a Starbucks and a walk along the Keyport bulkhead late yesterday afternoon. It was  gorgeous weather. The calm before the storm...  Saw that most of the small boats were already out of the water....  Good move to cancel your trip to Boston, too. :)

Have a good weekend my friends!

Top of the morning House!

Quick fly by!  We are buzzing with folks, the Early Iron Car Show is on full swing with the Clues Cruise folks pouring in.  Wishing you all a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.  Hugs and warmest of wishes to each of you!

Marissa-welcome back!

Hi House. :)

Joanne ~ I don't blame you for rescheduling your trip!  Enjoy your weekend. :yes

Judy ~ Have you started another project?  I hope you all don't get too much bad weather!

Hi LeeAnn ~ It sounds like a great turn out!  Have a great weekend!  How was your Thursday craft night?

Marlene and Michelle ~ Thinking of you both and hope you're okay. :manyheart

Parts of our area felt the earthquake that was centered in Oklahoma!  We were asleep, so didn't notice anything here.  It tied the record for the strongest one in Oklahoma!

Hi all

Judy, we went for a Starbucks ( got my first Pumpkin spice latte of the season)and down to Keyport this aftermoon. Winds kicking up and an interesting sky. Gray up on top and blue with white clouds beneath. It was like a two layer sky. Water was rough. It was defiinitely the calm before whatever is to come. Although it wasn't all that calm.

Mary. I heard about the earthquake on OK. Wierd eventx happening

Hi to everyone else !!!

Hi house!

Hope everyone is good! I'm sorry it's been so long! Just so much going on now now..

JUDY - I know you said you had fibro once and it mysteriously went away... I sure wish I knew what the trick was!! :clap :cheer Mr. Eagle is AWESOME!!! :cheer :clap He is SOO regal looking!! and I'm really glad you got your AC going again..

JOANNE- Charlies' blue blanket is very classic looking.. Great Job!! And I love your half shawl made  with the Caron Cakes. Did the yarn work up fairly easy?  I wanted to try that yarn, but don't think I'll get to. Saw somewhere that it is going to be a seasonal yarn and they are taking off the shelves now. I hope that's not true. Nearest Michael's is and hour and 1/2 away so I don't know. And I love your granny!!! My your hooks have surely been flying!!!

MARY - I hope you're doing well with your dentist appointments. My jaw is finally about healed up now. And I see where you posted just today that you actually thought about me! :heart  This place is awesome... I saw that about the earthquake on the TV this morning... WOW

LEEANN = All that talk of so much cooking has almost worn me out! I don't know why, but i have gotten to where I almost hate having to cook anything. I love your idea of the tempature blanket! I went and read up on your blog... NICE!! :yes Your town sounds so neat with such fun things going on!! 

DIANE - Hi! :waving  Nice to meet you!! This is a wonderful place with the most nicest ladies!! As far as plans, we are being really lazy today. I hit the highlights on housework, crocheted a bit, and fixing to cook hamburgers with my DH and get ready to watch the football game tonight.. ROLL TIDE!

We're in church most all day Sunday, and then Monday my DD (16) being out of school we will hang at the house playing in the pool and I imagine the boys (my grands) will pop over and want a swim too.

CINDY - sorry you're having to work all the weekend but I hope you did get your craft day in before it had to start!

MARISA - Hi to you also! :waving I hope you are not getting anything too nasty from Hermine! We didn't get anything at all here in lower Alabama..

The past 2 days have been so hot they have been sweltering!! I felt so sorry for my DH yesterday. They were baling hay all day. But he and some help that he had came rolling in late yesterday evening with 290 square bales! Today has been a tad cooler and we had a very light rain early this afternoon for about 20 minutes.

I have gotten something done that I put on my blog... so I will share here.. ;)

You gals are SOO supportive... I may not pop in as regular as I should, but I do love this place and ALL of you really do add value to my life!! :ghug 

Hope everyone has a Happy Labor Day! post-26273-0-07382900-1472937112_thumb.jpg

Hi Michelle!  I love the hounds tooth scarf and boot cuffs!  Beautiful work. :yes   So glad you're feeling better and hope you get some cooler weather soon.  Enjoy your family time!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Hi all,

Its a beautiful day here. The storm is taking another track. Still may be some coastal flooding tonight into tomorrow. We are heading out to go to elther the bay or beach. Not sure which yet.... But the weather is so.gorgeous, so must take advantage.

Michelle, Great job on the houndstooth scarf and boot cuffs!!!!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone !!!

Hi, peeps!

Michelle, I love the classic look of your houndstooth creations!! Great job!

Mary, I was playing with the JAYG blanket yesterday. I want to make it a bit bigger before I call it finished. It's barely lapghan size now.

Joanne, We went to Keyport his morning and were amazed at the high tide we saw, as compared to two days ago when it was idyllic. The masts on the boats that were tied up were really rocking! We went over to Raritan Bay too and it was tremendously windy. There were two sunbathers on the sand but they were greatly outnumbered by the seagulls waiting for the rough waves to toss dinner to them!

Have a good day, my friends.

Took a trip to the ocean and the waves are amazing. Then to the bay. Like Judy said The boats were rocking!!!! At Starbucks now getting my coffee fix and dh his ice tea fix. Sitting outside and it is just so pleasant out. I love the weather we r having today. It would be great if it was like this al the time. Warm, low humidity, clear blue skies. Heaven!!

Joanne and Judy ~ How cool that you were both able to see the waves on a gorgeous day!  It brought back memories of when we lived in Houston for 2 years many years ago.  We could be at the gulf in an hour and loved being close to the beach.  Of course, that was the only positive thing about living in the Houston area.  ;)   I'm glad you all weren't affected by the storms!

Quiet day here, but we did go out for lunch and DH got his hair cut.  Have a good day tomorrow, everyone! :manyheart

Happy Labor Day ladies. I had a very nice weekend at work, but I have to admit to being exhausted! I'm sitting in the backyard, watching Dh work on his new shed. This is as active as I'm planning to get for the rest of the day!

Michelle, love your houndstooth projects.

It's been cool here, but the humidity is on the rise again and it's supposed to get very hot for the next few days. We just turned out A/C on so that it will be cool in the house when we go to bed.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been missing for awhile. I've had lots of things going on. I've noticed since this heart issue has come on I need to be in air conditoning. I never had this before, but it helps with the breathing. I also don't like it cold. I don't know what I will do when winter comes. Iam hoping after this procedure is done and it works I won't need the blood thinners. I see the heart doctor next monday. They will be doing and echocardiogram so I will find out how much the heart has improved.

DH seen the doctor and she isn't ruling out dementia yet. She is changing his depression medicine. She said depression could be causing some of his problems.

I went with my brother when he had his nuclear stress test. What a hassle for me it was. The staff had me on a wild goose chase. I was sent to two different places, two different places, before I was finally sent to the right place. I finally asked for them to call and see where he is at and confirm it. I was exhausted from all the walking that day. No news on his test.

My cousin came up from Tenneessee for a visit. I went and seen her.

We had a celebration for my brothers birthday a little later than his birthday, but we all had a good time.

We had Gerimiah for 8 days while the bathroom was remodel and daycare was on vacation. It was a fun week. I just love babies and watching there personailities change.

We took Maya and Gerimiah home saturday. Today is Maya's first day of school.

DS came by with the kids and we took them to meet there mom. He went and reffed a soccer game.

DH wants to go pick up his new medicine, stop by his daughters. He's been going once a week and spending a few hours with her. After all these years she's finally realizing she should have her dad in her life. She has always been everything her mom and her husbands family. She has always had cats and at for years 5 of them. Iam allergic to cats. It's not to bad if I don't sit where they have been. Christmas two years ago was just awful for me. I told hubby I won't go through that again. Then her mom died and she inherieted her house. She told me she wouldn't have any cats there. She has one for her two year old grandson and it stays at her house instead of his. She says she wants all of us to have family meals together. It won't happen at her house as Maya's daddy is more allergic to cats than Iam. She knows that and I told DH that. We will see when the time comes.

I haven't seen those caron cakes yet, but I would like to pick some up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, The eagle is stunning! You do some awesome work with those graphs. Glad your ac was finally fixed.

Joanne, You did a great job on Charlie's knitted blanket. Your knitting is great. Your half granny shawl and afghan are lovely. DD will love her Christmas present. It was probably a good choice canceling your trip to Boston. Enjoy your visit with your friend.

LeeAnn, You are so busy I don't know how you have time to sleep. Your socks turned out cute. I've seen where some people make both socks at the same time. That is what I would have to do. Your town sounds like a great place to live. We use to own a 64 GTO. We went to many car shows. When we quit going to them and the car was just sitting in the garage I told DH it was time to sell it. He didn't object at all. We put an addition on are cottage and use that room all time. So it was a good trade.

Cindy, I hope DD gets a date for her closing soon. I shared with my DD about you and DD freezing meals ahead of time, but she doesn't seem to be interested. I think it would make there life easier. They get home so late from work so dinner is late also.

Michelle, Love the houndstooth scarf and boot cuffs.

Diane, Hi and welcome back! I love cookbooks. I stayed away from pinterest for a long time, but I love that place. I'm on ravelry but not often.

Marissa, Welcome back! How's your doing? I seen on facebook your parents moved closer to you and your sister.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning. Back to hot and humid here. I'm ready for nice fall type weather. Winter....well not so much!

Marlene, it only took DD and me a couple of hours to put together those meals. We both did a bit of prep work ahead of time. I know that not everyone wants to eat pre-frozen meals though. I always like to have a few in the freezer for days I work, but usually I just freeze leftovers. (Hubby calls them "planned overs).

My three day stretch at work wasn't as bad as I feared it would be, but I'm not ready to repeat it any time soon. Both Saturday and Sunday were fairly quiet. Yesterday, I got to stay home for the first four hours.m I'm dragging today, though. It's 10 AM, and so far all I've done is read and drink coffee. I'm going to get laundry started soon, though. And just maybe, I will clean some more in the basement.

Dh started building a shed in our backyard yesterday. He's been saying he's going to build one for years, but he never really had time. This year I suggested getting a ready built one, or a kit, and that was apparently a blow to his pride! So hopefully we will have a shed by winter and Dh can get his car in the garage. His side of the garage is full of his stuff, tools, tractor, snowblower, saw horses and on and on. He just keeps adding to it. Then in winter he wants to put stuff under the deck out front and cover it with tarps. You can probably imagine how attractive that is! Ds says we are red necks already, just because Dh has a wood pile behind the barn. One good thing....this shed is going to use up a lot of the wood that Dh overbought for previous projects. That will also clear out some of the stuff from the garage.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi, peeps!

Good to see everyone!

Cindy, with DH's stash of wood you can never have any hesitation buying more yarn...lol!   It is great that he's so handy, though. It's a good time of the year for him to start the shed project - he could probably have it ready before your cold weather sets in! 

I'm going to start a simple border for the JAYG lapghan - don't feel like working on it any longer. The next ghan I make will use up my bright colors, be made of larger squares - and be for me. When my brother and SIL were visiting a couple of months ago, I gave my SIL (a textile, pottery, and sketch artist) the other bright one I made after she admired it so much. I don't regret doing that at all - she really appreciates anything made by hand.

I still have the Caron cakes waiting - the half granny shawl will probably be my next project :D

Going for pizza soon with my longtime friend and neighbor. Love girlfriend time!

Have a good day my friends!

the 15th anniversary of 9/11 is this Sunday....something to share....

We went to a town at the shore yesterday, called the Highlands, and stopped at a little park called Veteran's Park, that was alongside the water. We walked up a slight slope and looked at the very tall white sculptures  at the top, of men trapped in stone (partially carved figures) with huge, dark granite boulders encircling it....with all the names of the 9/11 victims carved into each polished side. We found the name of a friend's sister as well as a close college friend of our DS, both of whom lost their lives at the towers that day....

The sight of all of those thousands of names just stuns you....

Hi everybody!! :waving

and Good Morning! 9:00 and I'm still sitting drinking my coffee trying to get going.. So very very stiff this morning!

Hope everyone did have a nice labor day. Very quiet here. Seems kids had all they wanted to do elsewhere...until about 5:00. DIL brought the  2 GS and swam but just a short while. They were fussing ( 2 and 5) so she got them out and they stayed for supper, of course! LOL!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my houndstooth. That pattern is by Kathy Lashley at ELK studios.. A wonderful pattern and easy to do!  I finished another shawl. I had made a another pair of boot cuffs and loved the stitch, so then I decided to try my hand at designing one to match. I'm quite surprised!! I would post it first but I really want to block it today.

My house really needs working on today, but I am afraid it will be a day full of paperwork... oh well.

How neat JOANNE and JUDY that you get to just drive over and see the beach!! JUDY I bet your JAYG blanket will be pretty!

CINDY I laughed when I read about your DH and why he needs to build another shed! Sounds just like mine...

MARLENE I hate that you are not doing as well as you would like to be at this point.. :hug  Your body has been through quite alot so be kind to yourself! Give yourself some time.... Good that you had some quality time with the grands... and I can totally relate to your DH's daughter.

My husband has a step-daughter... she was 2 when he married her mother. They were married for 25 years and she married before their divorce and had her child a bout 1 year after their divorce.

Well when I came along she did not even acknowledge I existed. She goes on about 4 trips a year with her mother and 2 other men she calls Daddy. She has nothing to do with us all year but maybe a couple of calls to my DH during the year,  but still expects to come on Christmas and get the same things we give all our other children - without even talking to mine and then leave soon as gifts are opened. Yes, I've been through many things with that one and bent over backwards for the first couple of years, until I just got tired. Now I just don't even think about her and let DH just get what ever she tells him to for the GD. I'm polite to her on Christmas and then she's off again. Not the way I pictured things but you just deal with life sometimes. But it does sound like your DH's daughter is trying to meet you somewhat in the relationship, so there is room to work there... :hug

Hi MARISA!! and anybody else I missed!

Well, if I'm going to block that scarf today and get anything done, I better get up and get at it!!

Good afternoon House!

I am finally up for air!  What a super duper busy weekend!  The Early Iron Car Show was huge!  They had over 660 cars,..that's a lot of folks traipsing thru town.  Thankfully my shop is on Main Street.  I was busy from 9:20-4:45..no lunch break..not a lull in customers..woohoo!  I was so grateful for a good sales weekend.  

On Sunday and Monday, I whipped up 6 batches of Bath Fizzies and trays and trays of Fall/Halloween Soaps, a Gallon of Sugar Scrub Base, and filled a few orders.  I came into the shop to rest.   :lol

Judy-I like the JAYG grannies, so much easier for me.  I bet you are excited to get this one finished so that you can start on something else.  Will you also be starting another graph ghan?

Joanne-sorry to read that you had to cancel your weekend getaway, but I bet it was nice to be home with the grands and dh.   Your outing to Starbucks sounds like heaven!  

Marlene-wow!  You are a great grandma!  My parents have never baby sat my kids over night.  I think my mom babysat for us one evening but that is it.  I would have been so grateful to have had the help.  Your grandbabies are so very lucky to have you and your dh.  I am allergic to cats too!  My ds is deathly allergic, epi pen dangerous allergic.  We have never been able to stay at anyone's house that has indoor cats/kittens.

Cindy-you sure had a busy weekend!  Your dh is too cute!  Does he like building?  My dh loves being outdoors and in the mountains.  Just this weekend he was out hauling wood.  He loves loves loves it. I like going on a picnic but the actual chopping down trees and loading the trucks is hard work.

Mary-it sounds wonderful to live near a beach,  :c9  :c9  do you go often?  What projects are you working on?

Michelle-your Houndsetooth scarf and boot cuffs are awesome!  I love the design, very pretty.  I come from a blended family, it is tough.  It is not for the weak hearted as folks can be so insensitive.   :hug

Craft Night last week was fun, the ladies are ready and excited for the new Temperature Aghan Crochet A Long, I am too!  I am in the process of ordering the yarn, it is going to be a sight when all 70 skeins of yarn arrive!  eeekk!  I have 70 set aside, can you all believe that?  Since I have 10 ladies joining, I will need 140 skeins..talk about yarn heaven!  

Also had my sister pick up the Caron Cake  yarn for me, I am so excited to see and work with it.  She is to go back to Michael's this week then will mail it all to me. I am not sure how many cakes she bought but it was about 25, I am sharing with my ladies.

Off to Etsy land, hugs and warmest of wishes! :hug  :hug

I don't think I'll do a graph ghan any time soon. I do have a pattern for a tote that is graphed, though ;)

I wove in the ends remaining on the JAYG ghan and now just have the edging to do.

LeeAnn, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and watch your expression when all that yarn comes in!!

Have a good night my friends.

Good morning ladies. At the moment it's cloudy and very humid. I heard rain and thunder overnight.

Not much happening here either. I did my grocery shopping last night. Dh loves to grocery shop, so he asked if I wanted to go after dinner. I wouldn't send him by himself. He buys way too much of everything. As it was we got 5 packages of coffee. I had to finally tell him 5 was more than enough.

LeeAnn, my hubby loves to work with wood. He's not much into gardening or yard work though. Although....this year he bought flowers and planted all my outdoor pots. They look really good....but I'm the one who waters and fertilizes them. Hubby also likes hiking, camping and stuff like that. And we both love the mountains. We go to the Smokies every fall. This year we will be going at the end of October.

Michelle, I think men just generally like stuff! Therefore they need storage space. Our son, who is single lives on an 8 acre lot in a 2500 square foot house with a 3 stall garage. Guess who says he needs a shed as well? He does have two vehicles, a jeep for fun and a BMW for everything else, but there's plenty of extra room in his garage. Hmm, I'm beginning to think that I need a she shed!

Hi Mary, you are always so busy! Hope you get to slow down a bit soon!

DD and dsil close on their house on Monday. They get immediate possession and plan to move in on Tuesday. Her fil is having surgery on Thursday and they want to have the heavy work done before that.

Have a great day, ladies.

Archived