Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning house!  Yay, I made it back within a week ;)

I had a pretty good weekend.  Friday night I went with some friends to the Rib Fest by Heinz Field and we stayed for the free concert, which was a local back The Clarks.  Saturday I worked and then finally made it to the Three Rivers Crochet group that meets every Saturday at a Panera around here (I haven't made it since May!).  Troy and I did some errands.  Sunday I helped Troy do a little painting at one of his rentals and then we went out for a friends birthday.  Monday, I think we did more errands and I started a Gut Reconditioning program with an Elimination Diet!  I'm on day 3 now.  Basically, it's a cleanse and then after 3 weeks, I'll start adding foods back into my diet 1 at a time to see how my body reacts so that I can determine any sensitivities I might have....I'm sure I do have some because my whole digestive systems stinks.  And, my suspicion is some form of dairy although I don't think all dairy....we shall see.  The hardest part for me so far is breakfast because I typically have eggs every day, my body doesn't like when I don't start my day with protein so I'm trying to think outside of the box on that one.  But, no sugar, wheat, dairy, soy, nuts, and more!  I have mentally prepared for about 6 months to do this though, lol.  It's not so bad because there is an endpoint to it.

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! :hug

Mary - I just started a couple of apple dishcloths for Troy's mom and a knit Christmas Stocking for him.  I finished a baby blanket for a friend last month, which just seemed to take forever for some reason.  Glad to hear everything is alright following the earthquake!

Cindy - I hope you're shed is done for winter and :yay at using up the wood.  Glad to hear you made it through your 3 day work stretch with those long hours.

Joanne - Good idea waiting to head out to Boston until October...you'll probably enjoy yourself just a bit more with the more comfortable weather.

Judy - How was your pizza outing?  That was sweet of you to give your ghan to your SIL...just gives you a reason to make yourself a new one.

LeeAnn - You are always so busy and I'm super excited for you and your business!  I started a temperature ghan in January and fell of the wagon in April....maybe I'll catch up at some point.  The summer was way to hot to work on it since it's HUGE!  Yay for craft night.

Michelle - We didn't really get hit too badly from Hermine, we just had a couple days of some storms...not bad though.  Gorgeous Scarf and boot cuffs :love  I hope you got all of your paperwork done!

Marlene - I'm sorry to hear that you're still not doing great yet.  Sending prayers for you and DH.  My parents haven't actually moved yet, but they're working on it.  Right now they are back and forth between here and Hazleton almost every week or so.  Dad retired on August 1st, but they actually bought the house in March.  So up until now they've just been able to come out for some long weekends.  Now they come for a decent stretch, about a week, at a time and can get more done.  They are pretty much redoing the entire house!  So the new kitchen cabinets get delivered on the 22nd, but I'm not sure when the install is.  Then they'll have to get accurate measurements for the countertop to cut that and install and then the appliances can get installed...all of which are ordered!  Dad's been doing some demo work and rebuilding walls, making a closet, he's closing up 2 windows in the kitchen and needs to cut out a new one where he wants it...which will be over the sink.  Mom and I tend to clean, paint, and lend extra hands to some of dad's tasks. I can't wait for them to finally move :)

Well, I guess that's about it for now ladies.  I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, all. :)   Lots of chores and desk stuff out of the way, so I'm taking a break!

Marlene ~ It's so good to see your posts...we were about ready to send out a search party. :D   Hopefully things will slow down now that school has started and Baby G is back in day care.  I remember your telling us about the procedure this month - keeping fingers crossed that it works.  I hope hubby's new meds help.  :hug

LeeAnn ~ Your weekend sounds super busy, but good!  Your CAL will be a big hit - 10 people joining is fantastic. :yes   How are the kids doing in school?

Marisa ~ Hi!  First, we need to know all about Troy. ;)   Your parents sound like they have a great plan for their move-in schedule.  I'm so glad they'll be there full time before long.  I hope your mom is feeling much better now.  Way to go on the cleansing "diet."  I think it would be good for many people to do this!

Cindy ~ What is it about men wanting storage sheds? Lol  When we bought this house, there was one in the backyard that I gave to the tree trimmers...DH came home and didn't even notice it was gone for a week. :lol   I know you're looking forward to your trip to the mountains next month!

Michelle ~ I just saw your Etsy shop! :clap   Your photos and descriptions are wonderful...off to a great start!

Judy ~ Good for you for making something for yourself!   Has Mr. Eagle gone to his new home yet?

Hi to Joanne and anyone I've missed. :manyheart

I want to get back to the vintage stripes afghan - maybe this afternoon. :)

Well Mary,

I met Troy on Match.com almost 2 years ago now!  We had our first IRL meeting the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2014.  He's only a month younger than me and lives about 10 minutes from my sisters house, about 15-20 minutes (depending on traffic) from my office.  He works at Bayer in their IT department and usually travels once or twice a year for work....right after we met they sent him to Germany (where they're headquartered) and every year there's a seminar somewhere, this year he's going to Atlanta at the end of the month for a Microsoft something or other.  I'm basically living with him now for about the past year although I haven't officially moved out of my sisters, lol.  His house is too small for 2 of us (fine for 1) so he's now looking for a new house!  But, we're putting it on hold for a bit to save more.  Everything in the current price range would be bigger from what we have now, but still too small.  It does help that he owns his house outright.  He also has a few rentals in different outskirts of Pittsburgh....one house currently has 2 completely empty units, so he's fixing them up before renting them back out since the people that were there pretty much came with the place when he bought it.  He has 2 step sisters from his fathers previous marriage and 1 brother that shares the same parents.  He loves dogs, all animals really.  Hmm, what else?

Anyhow, mom is finally doing better, but still not great.  We actually started her on a new medication in April, which is an infusion every 8 weeks....but it seems to be helping so hopefully it will continue to!

Hi Marisa ~ I'm so glad your mom is improving. :)   And...Troy sounds like a wonderful, talented and hard working guy!   Knowing how much work it took for you to move and grow your own business,  you definitely have lots in common!  Wishing you all the best. ♥ 

Hi, Marisa - should have checked here first, before PMing you!  Troy sounds like a gem....and you are a diamond.... :manyheart   So glad to hear that you seem to be a "match"! It's also wonderful to know that your parents are moving close to you. I hope all the reno work goes smoothly for them. I wish your mom continued progress with this treatment. She's gone through too much for so long.

Pizza lunch was great - it's a great way to get caught up with news!

Mr. Eagle will be meeting his owner on Saturday :)

Good morning. Still very humid here, but not too hot yet.

I'm planning on doing a bit of housework and I might run a few errands after lunch. Dh is going to dinner with his uncle and I have leftovers from yesterday's dinner out. Tomorrow is a work day.

Mary, you NEED a day at home. Glad you are getting it!

Marisa, I had the same question about Troy that Mary did! Your mom has certainly had a long haul with this illness I hope that the improvement continues.

Have a great day, ladies. (Evidently I spelled ladies wrong on my first go round...it originally posted as "maladies"!). Spell check strikes again!

Hi, peeps.

I finished the lapghan yesterday. No hooking for me today - the last 2 fingers on my left hand are extremely sensitive for some reason, as is the skin on that side of my hand. Should pass by tonight, I'm hoping. I've had nerve sensitivity like this on other parts of my body but it never lasts too long, so I'm hopeful. No more typing either.

here's the lapghan

post-8552-0-40876100-1473345213_thumb.jpg

Beautiful lap ghan, Judy.

Sorry about your hand. I'm having a similar issue with my nose. For months I have been unable to tolerate my contacts for more than an hour at a time,bso I have been mostly wearing my glasses. All of a sudden last week, my nose hurt the second I put them on. It wasn't red and it didn't hurt except when I put the glasses on. Dh suggested that I open a new box of contacts and try again. Well, now I can tolerate the contacts again. I must have gotten a box of defective ones. That happened to me once before, many years ago and I had forgotten about it. Besides what are the chances of that happening twice?

Good morning House!

Marisa-It is wonderful hearing about you, love that you met a wonderful man and that the two of you are so awesome together!  How is your practice going?  I bet you are super busy?

Judy-wow!  Another project finished!  Looks great!  Love the colors and the placement of them, you have such an eye for design.  Hope your fingers feel better.

Cindy-oh my gosh!  Defective contacts?   yikes!  Glad that you are able to wear your contacts comfortably, is your nose feeling better?  A nice evening in sounds like heaven.   :c9

Mary-hope you were able to catch a break.   :hug

Hello to the rest of the house!

This week I have felt more tired than usual, the weekend took a lot out of me..but no time to rest.  Our dd is back in the swing of things, the driving back and forth to events has officially started..goodness!  Our ds is doing well in college, he said it is exhausting..working 2 part time jobs and going to school full time is tiring but I know that he can do it.  He has learned to manage his time, so proud of him.  

have lots of new soapies to wrap and get ready for the shelves and online..super fun.  Will share photo's just as soon as I can.  Back to work.  hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

Good Morning! :)

Judy ~ Another beautiful afghan!  You have such a talent for choosing just the right colors - love it!  I hope your hand is better today. :hug

Cindy ~ I'm glad you figured out that the contacts were the problem!  And spell check can come up with interesting words. Lol

LeeAnn ~ Hopefully this weekend will be quieter than last weekend!  Did you have craft club last night?

DH has two appointments today and the boys will be here from tomorrow afternoon until Sunday.  They both start soccer tomorrow morning...at two different places! 

Better get busy - have a good morning!

Hello House!

Hope everyone is having a great FRIDAY!!

I have my GS today (3 yr old)... He stayed with me yesterday and spent the night. I will meet his mother with him at lunch. They have plans to go to his other grandparents for the weekend. Big shopping trip all weekend.

I didn't get anything done yesterday.. I am having quite a flare again. The chronic fatique is even worse than the pain that goes with it!! Having such a hard time from feeling completely overwhelmed. My GS is a terrible bedfellow!! kicking, flopping and turning and mumbling all night!! So between the two, not much sleep for me! Been nursing my coffee all morning too stiff to move. :mug  But when I get back, I am going to try to be somewhat productive. I have got to try and wheash my car! The lovebugs have it covered for sure!!

LeeAnn= I don't see how you do it!! You wear me out, but I so love to hear about your town, and your wonderful shop! Making soaps must be fun..and your CAL sounds so fun!! But dear, you HAVE to make time to rest along the way... I don't want you to wind up like me. Too many years burning the candle at both ends, not thinking i had time for rest.. Thank you for showing me some love on my Etsy!! ;)  And all those Caron Cakes!! :drool Keep us up to date with what you do with them!

Judy= I love your JAYG!! Your fingers flying amaze me! You must be so fast with a hook! No wonder your fingers are hurting, and I sure hope they get to feeling better quickly!  Your tote sounds great.. I love totes and have saved many patterns for some I want to do, haven't tried but two.

Mary= Thank you also for the Etsy love!! Thank you for the compliments! I do agonize over photos and descriptions.. I am not good at that kind of thing. The only camera I have is my iphone, and I have never been great at taking photos ( never been great at having my photos taken either!) But thank you!!

Cindy=My husband grocery shops the same way as yours! Mine is so picky though, even though he's a diabetic, he wants hamburgers and french fries nearly every day and loves snacks! Hates vegetables.. and his grocery shopping shows it. If he has his way, we get back home and still have nothing to cook!! and YAY on your DD and DSIL closing on their house! Hoping they love their new home...

Marisa= I am enjoying getting to "know" you! Your last weekend sounded fun... and Troy sounds like a real sweetheart! Many blessings going out to you... Kudos to you on the cleansing and change of diet. I have fibro that at times isn't too bad, but a lot of the time it sucks. Completely changed my lifestyle over the last few years. I can tell that my diet influences alot. Dairy seems to make my inflammation much worse, therefore more pain, chronic fatique and going downhill. Sugar is another bad one. I do find the cleaner I eat the better... I have been seeing  a lot about leaky gut.. so I wonder sometimes about the cleansing thing.  You are really blessed to still have your parents and to have them moving close.

Wow! I don't know what happened but anyway I didnt' get to finish. And for some reason I am not able to see my cursor on the screen.... aaaggghhhh aggravating!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments on the houndstooth, but the scarf, I'm sure you recognize is Kathy Lashley's from Elk studios, although I tried my hand with the bootcuffs!  Hopefully today I will have another addition to my blog and to Etsy. I finished my scarf and I love it! I'm kind of proud of it as I'm still trying to grow in this designing. I did a pair of bootcuffs from a pattern of Too Hot Headed Designs, and loved them so much, I wanted to do a scarf to match. I finished a couple of days ago, but wanted to block it and then made my photos yesterday so I probably will post today.

Anyway I guess I better  get up if I'm going to get anything accomplished!

Hope everyone has a great one today and a great weekend!

Hi peeps.

I did read everyone's posts!

The pain in my hand/fingers is gone, tg. I do seem to have a tendency to nerve issues.

Didn't feel like hooking today - but I'll definitely be using the Caron Cakes as soon as I feel the urge again. Our friends are coming to visit tomorrow so nothing will be done tomorrow. She'll be taking Mr.Eagle home with her...

Have a great rest of the day, my friends.

Good afternoon house!

The week has sure flown by!  

Michelle-gentle hugs to you my friend!  I can't imagine having Fibro,  I have a friend that has it, it is totally debilitating.  That is so sweet of you to watch you dear grandson.  He is so blessed to have you!  All of you are such great "Grandparents". I hope to one day be a grandma but not for awhile yet.  I love promoting others on Etsy, will hop on and see what else I can do to help.  :manyheart   I try to slow down and know that I really should, some days I just feel worn out..will have to really work on just sitting and taking a break.  Thank you so very much for your kind words. 

Judy-so glad that your nerve pain is feeling better.  Mr. Eagle is flying home, oh wow!  I would have a difficult time letting him go.  He is a stunner!

Mary-no Craft Night this week..I am sorta glad as the temperature yarn has exploded all over the tables in the kitchen.. :lol  One of my friends has also brought in bags of wool yarn, she bought a storage unit and the yarn came with.  She has no use for it, I am going to put it all online and try to sell it.  Some of it has labels but most of it is in HUGE hanks, bundles, or on cones.  I am not sure how I am going to be able to list it.  I have enlisted two of my yarny friends, hope they can help. :) ,I think it is about 4 large trash bags full of yarn..oh my gosh!

Hello to the rest of the house!  The weekend is almost here..woohoo!  So very glad as I am off!  Plan on soaping and product making, getting myself ready for the upcoming holidays.  Hoping to be fully stocked by the end of the month.  I will also start teaching an Etsy course on Monday evenings starting the 26th.  Busy days and nights but am hoping that I can balance it all.

Off to paperland, hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug  :ghug

Hi Ladies :)   The boys are here, so not sure if this post will get finished now or later. ;)

Michelle ~ Sending you hugs. :hug   I hope this flare doesn't last too long...and I hope you're able to get some rest. 

Judy ~ I bet your friend is one very happy lady today! 

LeeAnn ~ Have a wonderful weekend! 

We had strong storms early this morning, but thankfully no damage and it cooled off a lot!  Back to the play-doh marathon. Lol

thanks LeeAnn! It was a sad parting, but Mr.Eagle has flown home. My motto is, if it gives me a pang to give away a project, then it wasn't a good enough gift!

Hopefully today will be the last 90 plus day till next year :hot

Good morning!! I got home last night from my friends. We had a wonderful time. It was a nice break! Today is my last day before returning to work tomorrow. Wow, the week went fast!! I spent wed with my dd and the boys, and on Thursday was back there to see Ryan and Robbie on their first day of kindergarten and preschool. After that, i headed up to my other DD's and visited with her and watched Jali so she could help set up her pop up print shop for a neighborhood festival . I brought Jali over to the festival and it was such a great display of community! Got home around 10 and early Friday headed to my friends house.

Today will be a day of remembrance. My neighbor headed out this morning around 6 with her sons for a memorial ceremony Her husband lost his life on that horrific day 15 years ago. They were so young and now both are in college.

I wish our country would become united again and truly never forget. We had all come together back then. And somehow along the way we have become divided. Hugs to you all!

Good morning House!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! and wishing a good week to everyone!

JUDY= I am so glad that your nerve pain is gone! Nerve pain is the pitts!! And it sounds like you had a great weekend with your friends visiting..I just KNOW that she was thrilled to receive Mr. Eagle! the pic she sent you was just awesome!!!  She is really showing it off!! ;)

LEEANN= Thank you for YOUR kind words! I love my grandkids and used to keep the 2 that lived by me every day, but that was before I knew I had fibro and it kept getting worse until I finallly just had to let them know I couldnt' do that. I still have them here and there. The one i kept yesterday lives farther away and every other week I choose a couple of days. I will go get him that morning and he stays overnight most of the time and then I carry him back the next evening. I also just LOVE your Etsy shop!! I am going to have to order some of your stuff soon.. especially your soaps!! and you are fixing to start teaching an Etsy course? My goodness!!  Wow!! on the 4 bags of yarn!! That really does happen?!? :lol

Hi MARY!= I am so glad you didn't have any damage from the storms! It just threatened here all weekend. All around us got much needed rain.. and it is still HOT! Yes I AM feeling some better today... thank you!  I know you enjoyed your boys!

HI JOANN!! Sounds like such a great time you had!! Really hoping you have a good work week and don't have it too hard.... and I agree about the memorials on Sunday. Nothing real special happened here, but we did have a short memory service at church. We will never forget that day, and I agree with you. We were so united right after and now we are all so divided. Breaks my heart over my country....

Hi MARISA! Hi CINDY! Hi MARLENE!! Marlene, I'm sending prayers your way for your echocardiogram.... I so hope you are doing well!

Hi to anyone else I missed....but I better get started to try to get some things done! I did in fact finish the scarf I made! I was so proud that I did do something on the designing end that actually looked decent! :lol  www.stringingwithheart.com/over-the-bridge-scarf/

Hopefully today after I knock out a couple of chores, I am making some more football headbands. Happy crafting and crocheting!

Hi all!

Back to work and it wasnt too bad, but im tired. So ive decided to stay home and not go to craft club tonight Ive already got my pjs on. Lol

Just enjoying the windows open and will probably do a little crocheting before calling it an early night Hugs to all!!!

Hi ladies. I've been busy helping DD clean the new house all weekend. We have it all clean, and we got most of the kitchen stuff put away. About 3/4 of the furniture is there already. The beds and the living room furniture are still at their old house. They plan to move the rest tomorrow, but I'm staying home. I'm pooped!

'Morning, everyone. :tea   Yes, it's 5 am and I'm having a cup of tea. :)  Just one of those nights where you can't go back to sleep. 

Michelle ~ Way to go on designing such a gorgeous scarf!  Your work is beautiful. :cheer  I hope you continue to feel better. 

Cindy ~ Oh my, you've got to be tired after the cleaning marathon!  You deserve a day off. ;)

Joanne ~ Your time with friends and family sounds wonderful.  :yes

Judy ~ Have you started any new projects?  I've been making more cotton face scrubbies - the perfect small projects.  DD loves them as do a couple of her friends, so it's fun to have a few on hand.

We took Luke and Zach home Sunday afternoon - they are growing up too fast!  Zach told me I could call him Zach instead of Zachary now. :lol

Have a great day, friends! :manyheart

Happy Tuesday House!

It is back to the shop for me and back to work..I never really have an entire  day off but I did manage to take Sunday afternoon off..I sat and crochet.  It was pure bliss.

Michelle-wow!  Your new scarf and boot cuffs are amazing!  I love your photos and your blog is so happy and just fun!  You are on a roll.  

Judy-Happy to hear that Mr. Eagle has landed, he looks right at home with Mr. Bear.  Very nice!  Have you had a chance to try the new Caron Cakes?

Joanne-it is difficult to go back to Paradise after having a few days off.  Are you already working on holiday gifts?  I bet you are, your knitting and crochet works is beautiful!

Cindy-ohh a day of moving and cleaning is a lot of work!  Oh my gosh, I bet your dd will be so relieved to settle in.  Is it far from your house?

Mary-your Zach is too cute!  He sounds like a  ham, bet he will have his name switched by next week.   :lol  My nephew's name is Lucas, for awhile there he wanted to be called "Luke" but now is back to Lucas...he is a sweet and funny little guy.  Full of energy and that smile..his eyes twinkle when he is up to no good.  He's a bit of a prankster.  He loves playing jokes on people but you can always tell because he starts smiling from ear to ear.  

Finally finished the baby afghan that I started a while back, it is called Pink Poesy's.  Not hard just seemed to take me forever.  Off to listing on Etsy, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Archived