Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks Mary and Judy. Mary, I had my fingers crossed when I posted that picture.

I am not feeling well, ( nothing major, just a sore throat, slight headache and congestion), so I never got to any yard work. I worked in my sewing room, organizing my yarn. After a lot of deliberation I decided to organize it by color. Most of my yarn is acrylic worsted weight yarn. I did keep a bunch of lighter weight baby yarn separate from the rest, but I put bulky yarn away in with the appropriate color. I've got an awful lot of yarn, and dh saw it all, because I had it spread out all over. He didn't say a word, but I bet he won't offer to stop at Michaels or Joann's or Hobby Lobby quite so often anymore!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy ~ You almost have me convinced to try Homespun again. :D

Cindy ~ Oh, I hope you're not getting anything serious. :hug  I've always wondered about nurses/health care providers and how you keep from contracting all sorts of things.  Several years ago, I bought lots of those canvas "bins" with the plastic pocket and used the free paint chip samples for the color coding.  Well, right now I would not want anyone to see my sewing room. :lol  Good for you for working on it today!

DH is still doing some consulting work, so I spent the afternoon helping him with the correspondence.  I did manage to crochet 4 rows on a baby afghan, though. :)

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope your feeling better soon!  Your baby afghan is beautiful! I love those colors together. I need to organize my yarn to. I have some in the house in totes or bags and some in the garage in totes. But couldn't really tell you what I have.

Mary, It's soup weather here lately. Tonight we had spaghetti. We are still seeing a few bees every day in the house. There not very active. I hope we don't have a nest in the walls. Are walls are knotty pine and been up for 50 to 60 years. We could never match the stain. The addition we put up is paneling that looks like knotty pine and it cost 44.00 a sheet about 12 years.

Judy, Hope this pattern will work out for you. I've only worked with homespun once. It's a bag and it's a wip from years ago.

Maya called tonight. She has a cough and her mom has been sick since the weekend. Maya is learning cursive writing. She's excited about it. I told her she is going to really like it. I can remember learning it. Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Good morning ladies. It's a lovely, sunny fall like day. Kind of chilly though. Marlene is right about the soup weather.

Mary, I actually think that I have acquired an exceptional immune system from all these years of working in health care. I am very rarely sick. This seems to be just a mild virus. I don't feel better, but I think it's improved from yesterday,

Marlene, it's cute to hear that Maya is excited about learning cursive writing. I remember learning it, but there didn't seem to be much emphasis on it when my kids went to school. Computer keyboarding seemed to be a lot more important. As for knotty pine panelling, my sons house has it in the great room and he really likes it. He has one damaged board but he chooses to live with it because there is no way a replacement will match. We had it in our family room years ago, but I didn't like how it darkened with age, so we replaced it with drywall. We had bees in the wall between our house and garage many years ago, and the first we knew of them was when they came in through the drywall that they had destroyed. I had told dh that I thought I heard buzzing when I went down the basement stairs, but he thought it was my imagination. Thanks for the compliment on my blanket.

I found one skein of homespun in my collection yesterday. I bought it make a gift shawl that was worked into the spaces between the stitches years ago. I ended up with a lot leftover, because I initially planned to make a different shawl pattern,. I used the leftovers in a knit scarf, a Knifty Knitter shawl, (easier than I initially expected), and a BICO. I should just make another BICO and donate it, just to get rid of it.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, No bees here today. Hoping that is the end of them. This weekends temps will tell for sure. Last spring my sil said her grandson who is the same as Maya wouldn't be taught cursive writing in school. I don't know why a school wouldn't teach it, other than computers. It still doesn't seem right though.

Were going to go to Maya's this weekend. She called and asked if we would bring some seeds. They can't go to the store to buy any. We have flower seeds we are taking an a pizza box just in case she needs something like that to put them on. DD asked for some no bake cookies so I will make them tomorrow. And i'll take a copy of the recipe to her so she will have it. Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

Marlene, is Maya doing a seed collection? I remember my kids doing those. We saved seeds from apples, oranges, pears,, green peppers, tomatoes etc. they also took things like celery seed and poppy seed from my spice cupboard. One kid pasted some Cheerios to his poster and called them donut seed.

Holly, I'm glad you checked in. Good to know that things are going well.

I finished my round ripple baby blanket a few minutes ago. It feels good to have something finished.

Dh and I are planning to visit Shipshewana tomorrow. It's a small town in Indiana's Amish country. It is famous for it's giant flea market, which includes a horse auction. The flea market operates on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We deliberately picked a day when it wasn't open so that it wouldn't be so crowded there.

Happy Friday, House. :)

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful weekend with your family!  I hope DD and Maya are both feeling better.  And keeping fingers crossed that the bees are gone!

Holly ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about your computer.  :(   Check in when you can and let us know you're okay!

Cindy ~ Yay for finishing the RR. :cheer   I have too many wips at the moment.  Your day trip to the Amish country sounds so nice.

Judy ~ When is your sister coming to visit? 

Hi to the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart

We're home for the afternoon and I've got laundry in.  I only have about 12 rows left on a baby 'ghan, so hope to work on that.  Have a good afternoon, all! ♥

Hi ladies. Still not feeling well. We did go out for the day yesterday, but we did a lot of "resting". It was an enjoyable day though, and it would've cost a lot more if I would have felt up to shopping. (dh appreciated the fact that I hardly did any shopping.) it was kind of funny, everywhere you looked there were men sitting around waiting for their shopping wives. It was a gorgeous day there, so it was pretty busy.

I'm scheduled to work tomorrow, so I had to get a few things done around here. 2 loads of laundry are done,I'm baked bread and brownies, and had Neato out vacuuming. I'm have a homemade pizza ready to go into the oven for dinner,

I will go to work tomorrow, unless I a. Really non- functional,Munich I don't think will be the case. If we call in sick on a weekend, we have to make it up on another weekend, and I don't want to do that. I will just wear a mask and feel sorry for myself.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Morning all...

Just checking in. I'm trying to bounce back from a severe case of vertigo that hit me like a ton of bricks on Thursday. Doctor gave me meds yesterday for the vertigo, so now I keel like eating again. A little, anyway.

I can read my email now, but aren't able to do that for long, so will be back to check in as I feel ok. It has improved a lot since Thursday, so I'm hopeful. Just watching tv an trying to move around and eat a little so I can get my strength back.

I miss my hooks and books....

:hug   Sending hugs, Judy.  I hope it doesn't go on too much longer. :(   I know there are more than one kind of vertigo, but thankfully haven't experienced it.

Cindy ~ I hope work goes okay and that you're feeling much better!

Quiet day at home today - yay!  I've been catching up at my desk and plan to try and finish the current baby 'ghan.

Hi, ladies.

I am so thankful for the meds called anti vert. DH asked me to compare how I felt from Thursday on, using a scale of 10 as the worst day. Thursday, a 10. I barely drank or ate anything, and that I managed only if prone and keeping my head still. By yesterday afternoon, after the meds started to kick in, I was a 7 or 8; today, by this afternoon, a 4 or 5.

I'm heading in the right direction, and though I couldn't read for long, I could crochet and actually finished my sister's shawl a short time ago. Took a pic, too.

I'm missing out on going to Yankee stadium tomorrow, though. My friend got tickets so I could go with her but I'm not even close to being well enough for a long car ride and walking a lot, etc. But I have no right to complain. It could be so much worse.

Have a good night my friends.

post-8552-0-83597000-1411257617_thumb.jpg

Judy ~ Beautiful shawl!  Your pattern idea worked perfectly to show off the yarn. :hook   I hope you continue to improve - so happy you have the Rx and that it is helping. ♥

Cindy ~ Hopefully, you'll feel back to normal soon. :hug

Gee, I feel like we're the Three Musketeers. :rolleyes:wink   Have a good night, all.

Oh, Judy - I so hope you're better this evening. :hug   Hopefully, your hubby is being a good nurse. ;)

I'm down to the border on the baby 'ghan and since it's a baby boy ripple I'm thinking hdc and sc.  Our weather is supposed to turn a little cooler again this week...the 80's instead of 90's. :)

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope your feeling better real soon. I wish Maya was doing a seed collection, but all worked out. She told me she needed 10 seeds. She really needed 10 different types of seeds. Her and grandpa went for a walk and found some and she got some from one of the neighbors flowers. Next time I will talk to her mom for the complete details.

Judy, Hope your vertigo is gone real soon. I have a niece who gets it. Your shawl for your sister is beautiful! It's the perfect pattern for that yarn. To bad your not able to go to the ball game.

Mary, Hope DH is feeling all better now to.

Holly, Sorry about your computer. Hope you can check in once in awhile from the library.

We had a great time at Maya's. Yesterday the guys left in the morning and DD had to work. Maya had a birthday meal free from Bob Evans so we went for breakfast. We ran to Joann's to get a skein of yarn I forgot it so I bought some. She wanted pink and was going to make herself a hat on the knitting loom. Guess what grandpa put in my crochet bag. The knitting loom. Maybe I'll surprise her and finish it and mail it to her. Maya's friend Colby plays football so all of us went to his game. He's been at Maya's several times when we've been there. Sometimes he calls us grandpa and grandma. Then we went to walgreens and meijers. We had to have are milk and ice cream. lol! Then we went home. The guys got home and started supper pork chops in mushroom soup in the oven. DD comes home from work then the power goes out. We wait and wait and now it's after 7 and no ideal when the power will come back on. So we ordered pizza. Five minutes before the guys get back with the pizza the power comes back on. The neighbor said in the few years they have lived there they have never lost power. I figure it was probably a weak wire from a storm that went through the area a couple of weeks ago.

Today Maya and grandpa started her seed project. She wanted construction paper to cover her cardboard so he helped her with that and glueing some seeds on. Then I helped her finish the rest of it. It took hours to finish it. She got out her easy bake oven so we could make some cookies in it. No recipe book. I went on the internet and found one. Made the dough plugged in the oven. It takes 20 minutes to preheat it. Eighteen minutes of baking and they weren't even close to getting done. So we finished them off in the oven. We also washed her hair and I combed it out. It takes 45 minutes to do that so you might be able to imagine just how much hair she has. Her mom was going to flat iron it when she got home from work as tomorrow is picture day.

Well enough from me. I hope everyone is feeling better tomorrow and has a great day

Hi, ladies.

Cindy, I'm glad you're getting a bit better too. It is easy to get exhausted when you haven't been well.

Marlene, Maya does keep you guys busy, doesn't she?

Mary, that's a perfect edging for a boy blanket.

Well, today is my first day without the meds and I'm doing good. We actually went to the store for a few things and it felt good getting out. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of it. Hubby has been fantastic, esp on that first day when I couldn't even talk with feeling nauseous. He said he was looking forward to when I was well enough to drive him crazy again...lol! I actually made a nice breakfast this morning...then sat for a while to recuperate. I'll get there. But patience isn't my strong suit....

Have a good day my friends

Good morning ladies. My cold is still hanging on, but colds always seem worst in the morning. I got 12 hours of sleep last night and still feel tired, but I made myself get up. I have the sheets on the line and towels in the washer. Next project is to think of something to make for dinner. maybe I will make chicken pot pie. I precooked a whole bunch of chicken a few weeks ago.

I think I will get started on fall cleaning this week. I don't usually do fall cleaning, but I skipped the big spring clean that I usually do, (in the mistaken belief that the two of us couldn't possibly make enough mess to make it neccesary!), but it turns out that I was wrong. If I do anything today, it will be outside. It's beautiful out there, sunny and cool. Good day to work outside. Maybe I will wash a few windows or something, just to feel productive, we are still planning a kitchen remodel, and are also re-doing one of our bedrooms. That sort of thing creates even more mess,

Marlene, sounds like your weekend was fun, but very busy.

Judy, it sounds like today is a better day. Hopefully it keeps going in that direction.

Well, the washer is done, better get those towels out on the line....

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad your doing better.

Joanne, Hope your feeling better real soon.

Cindy, Glad your feeling better.

I played around on are vista laptop. It's been acting up. So I uninstalled some things, turned some things off so they don't come on at start up and changed firefox over to google. We'll see how that works. Hope everyone is feeling better tomorrow. Have a great tuesday!

Archived