Our House Part Two

Thanks, ladies....it will look cute. The pattern was easy to memorize since, as you know, there's a mathematical symmetry to most of them, esp squares. We may use it as part of the Christmas decorations.

Rest up, Cindy!

Mary, enjoy the boys!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Good morning ladies. I am on call for work, so I'm just hanging around the house. I've got the sheets washed and drying, and towels are in the washer now. It's our 35th anniversary, so we are going out to dinner to celebrate. Most years we take a mini vacation, but we are going to the Smokies in a couple of weeks, so we decided not to do that this year.

I never start anything much when I'm on call because I hate to be interrupted so I will probably work on some of my WIPs off and on today. I sewed myself a skirt on Friday and found fabric in my stash to make another one, so I might work on that if they don't call me in by 1 PM or so. I don't often wear skirts, (except to church and once in a while if we go out to dinner), but they are super easy to make and I have piles of fabric which I woukd like to use up.

Hi, ppes!

Cindy, I hope you get  a chance to work on some sewing....or do whatever else you want to....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad the service was what you expected. Hope you had a nice visit with your sister. It was to cloudy here to see the eclipse too. Hope you get some crocheting in.

Cindy, Hope you get some sewing in today. Happy Anniversary!

Judy, The squares are beautiful! I'll check out the crab stitch.

I picked Payton and Jocelyn up after school without any scenes. She met me before the kids got out of school just the way it should be.

We went to DD's saturday for the big game. Lots of food! Lots left over to. Yesterday DD, Maya and I went shopping. Penny's had there friends and family sale this weekend. DD put a dent in her Christmas shopping and saved a lot. And I know what I'm getting for Christmas. I needed to try it on. I can't wait for Christmas now so I can wear it. Yesterday when we were leaving I reminded Maya we would be leaving in two months. She said can you stay here until Christmas and I said no. She said can you stay until Thanksgiving or close to it. We can was your clothes so you will have clean clothes. I said no honey. We shared a big hug.

Were suppose to up near 70 today I hope it warms up soon, I would love to open the slider. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning. Not sure what the day will be like, it's still pretty much dark out there. Yesterday started gloomy and rainy, but it got nice enough for me to take the dog out on the trails behind our house.

Today is laundry and cleaning day. We will be visiting the inlaws tonight and hopefully will have time to pick up a few groceries afterwards.

Holly, fingers crossed that the promotion comes through!

I am participating in a mug rug swap with a quilting group that I am a part of. I made the front of it yesterday. It needs embroidered details and then I will have to back and quilt it. The swap isn't until the first week in December so I have plenty of time. Unfortunately, that idea of plenty of time gets me into trouble as I tend to procrastinate. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of next week.

post-6189-0-28547400-1414584868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gardener

morning peeps!

Holly, good luck! I hope you get the promotion!

Cindy - the mug rug is really cute - even without embellishments! Sophie must have loved your excursion...that's all they want, is to be with their people.

Not much going on here. It's the last day of above average temps before the cold weather hits us - today is the 2nd anniversary of super storm Sandy...lots hasn't been done along the shore yet. There was loss of life and so much damage I cant see how it'll ever all be brought back as it used to be.

Square 39 almost done. I want to make three more and then I'll see how I'm going to put it together, Then it's back to work on the  projects for the Autism fundraiser for April. I'll be busy!

Have a good day my friends.

Cindy ~ Happy Anniversary to you both...a little late. :)   Your mug rug is very cute!  I know you're looking forward to your vacation!

Holly ~ Fingers crossed that the promotion goes through!  I hope the girls and your hubby are all doing well. :yes

Judy ~ Great progress on the squares! :cheer   Oh, anniversary dates of sad things are always hard.  There must be so many families and businesses still struggling. :(

Marlene ~ How fun to do some Christmas shopping with your DD!  I'm glad your son's ex was a little more civil this last week.  Did you decide on the border for your afghan?

I had my annual physical yesterday - never any fun. :lol   Today I was on the phone with USAA signing up for Medicare Supplemental and Rx plan...not much fun, either. ;)   At least I will soon be off this Cobra with lousy coverage!

Have a good evening, all! :manyheart

Hi Ladies.

Holly, I hope you get the job promotion.

Cindy, The mug rug is really cute.

Judy, There calling for at least snow flurries here friday on Halloween.

Mary, Right now I'm making squares there only 2 1/4". I have 20 out of 24 made. Those will fill in the corners then I have to decide what to do after that.

Today I had to rescue hubby. He went to pt and locked the keys in the car. Second time this week. When I went out to get in his truck it wouldn't start. So I had to call Mary and have her come and get me. Are neighbor was gone or I would of called them. Now he's gone from losing his keys all the time to locking them in the car. We found out are car will lock even with the keys in the ignition. That's where he left them over night monday. Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

Judy ~ Great progress on the squares! :cheer   Oh, anniversary dates of sad things are always hard.  There must be so many families and businesses still struggling. :(

There are lots of issues here in NJ. At least our Governor has the ***** to tell people who interrupt him (only when the cameras are rolling do they do this) to shut up and sit down when they stand and hold signs in front of the cameras. Where are they when he goes to these shore towns and the cameras aren't around??

I had my annual physical yesterday - never any fun. :lol   Today I was on the phone with USAA signing up for Medicare Supplemental and Rx plan...not much fun, either. ;)   At least I will soon be off this Cobra with lousy coverage!That's good to get it over with...and we love USAA. Have it for car and home insurance. Great company to deal with!

Have a good evening, all! :manyheart

Enjoy your day - hope you get some crafting in!

:jack   HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  :jack

Holly, Congratulations on the new position!

It's quite cold today. We've had some rain and snow flurries today. I called are friends who live in Wisconsin and they said they have about an inch of snow on the ground today. Burr it's cold out. It's to bad it's so cold out with kids wanting to go trick or treating. We don't get no trick or treaters here. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Happy Halloween, friends! :jack

Holly ~ Oh, what wonderful news!  Congratulations on the promotion. :clap

Marlene ~ Snow!!!  I know it's starting to be that time of year for you all...stay warm!  I've gotten paranoid about losing my keys/remote because DH doesn't keep keys with him anymore.  So the next door neighbors and DD have a set, too. :lol

Hi to everyone I'm missing. :manyheart

We never have a lot of trick or treaters, but so far several neighbors have been here with their little ones. :)   Zoe freaks out and hides upstairs and Gracie is on her leash in case she decides to run out the door with the kids. ;)

Our weather is gorgeous - in the 60's, cool and crisp.  Have a good evening, all!

Hi ladies. I had to work today, it was busy but it's been worse. Work tomorrow too. I'm glad we get that extra hour tonight. After I got home from work, DH and I put together a couple of kid friendly meals for a family in our church that is going through a hard time. Dh will bring them to church tomorrow and that will save us from having to drive out to their house. Now he is making French toast for us.

It is a lovely day here after yesterday's snow, rain and sleet. It's quite cold, but the sun is shining. Mary, temperatures in the 60s are not cool and crisp here. That's when Michiganders break out the shorts and flipflops!

• Like 1

Morning all!

Cindy, that was so nice of you to make the meals for the family. You have a good heart.

Bitterly cold and extremely windy today - marathonners are going to freeze their faces, running into that NE wind in NY! Local flea market next to the bay is canceled because of the wind, too.

Off to get myself together...

BBL!

Good morning ladies. It's odd to wake up at 7 AM and have it be almost light outside. Work was okay yesterday, until noon, when things got crazy. I work tomorrow and then I have a week and a half off.

No big plans for here today. I have some laundry to do and I might run a few errands.

I finished some baby boities this weekend.

post-6189-0-13935600-1415018385_thumb.jpg

Good Monday morning, House. :)

Cindy ~ The booties are precious!  It's so fun to see little girl things. :c9   I know you're looking forward to your time off!

Hi Judy ~ How are the squares coming along?  What method will you use for joining?

Holly ~ I hope your weather improved a little over the weekend!

Hi to the rest of the House, too! ♥

Playing catch up (as usual) today with paperwork, laundry etc.  My mammogram is at 3, so I'll buy some groceries on the way.  Other than that, all is quiet!

Luke and Zach were Batman and Robin for Halloween - DD sent wonderful pictures, but I can't seem to post them. I'll get her to send them in a different format!?

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, funny you should ask. I just posted this.pic on FB. I joined the squares with a whipstitch. It measures 49 by 55. The glittery silver thread doesn't show up, but it's done. In the wash now to soften.post-8552-0-19339800-1415042954_thumb.jpg

• Like 1