Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Coming in from the west (going east on M57) you go to the red light downtown turn left (you'll be headed north). It's on the left side of the road and you can park on the street or go around back and park. It's called Spring Variety. Yes the craft group meets at the dime store.

It's been a long time since we've been to a flea market. The winter we did in Texas we often as there was one not far from us.

Were going to Maya's tomorrow. Taking are lawn mower down for them to us. It's raining and thundering here. Was suppose to get storms earlier so I didn't go to the store, but guess I could of. Oh well!  Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Good morning ladies. Sunny day here, with fall like temperatures. My favorite kind of weather.

Thanks for the directions to the dime store, Marlene.

No big plans here today. Dh is working on a new countertop for dd. Her condo had the whitest kitchen you could ever imagine. Literally everything in there was white. She painted it pale blue and is adding new gray toned counters and a blue, gray and white tiled backsplash. The existing white counter is stained, and nothing will remove the stains. Lucky for her, the cabinets are in really good shape.

Dh and I already reaped benefits from my freezer cooking adventure from earlier this week. We had planned to go out for dinner yesterday, but by late afternoon, neither of us felt like going out, so we defrosted a meal from the freezer.

http://www.justataste.com/2014/08/baked-teriyaki-chicken-meatballs-recipe/

This is what we had, along with

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe.html

We enjoyed both very much. If you ever make this brown rice, make several pans of it at the same time. It freezes really well.

Enjoy the day!

Cindy, that meal sounds delicious!!! Enjoy the cooler weather. I'm looking forward to it coming our way soon!

good morning, peeps.I just had to delete "afternoon"! It feels like that to me already....

We spent the morning at delicious orchards, then came home and repurpsed some stuff downstiars...moved a chair here, something else there...I would really love to do some major changes, but so far DH is happy with his part of the house.

Been working on the last dozen or so rows left on that "Faerie" blanket...I forgot the name....  other than that, not much going on.

I've been looking at the big pot of mint and rosemary I have growing outside and am trying to figure out where I can put it in my house once the frost hits. I have to keep it alive over the winter...it just smells so good....  :)

Have a good day my friends

Hi all

Oh, Cindy, wish we had your fall temps. Seems we are getting the hot humid weather that we didn't get this summer. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. Got my oil changed this morning and ran some errands Laundry is done and taking a break to watch the Rutgers football game. Thank goodness we have ac. It just doesn't feel like football weather today.

Hope you all have a great Saturday !!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Your welcome (for the directions). Your meal sounds delicious. I'm enjoying these cooler temps to.

Judy and Joanne, We had that hot humid weather earlier this week, so made are cooler temps are on there way to you guys.

We didn't go to Maya's today, so I did a load of laundry and went grocery shopping. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Good morning!

We had some very strong thunderstorms late afternoon/evening and it seems so much better humidity wise !!

I'm enjoying the quiet of the morning with a cup of toasted almond coffee! I may just go outside on the deck and read for a bit now that the humidity has gone down

Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday!!

Good Sunday morning, all.

Joanne ~ We had storms yesterday afternoon, too!  The most rain we've seen in months and I have windows open this a.m. with a wonderful breeze...we'll enjoy it now because it will be 98* again in a day or two. :)

Cindy ~ The recipes you shared are great!  I've baked rice for a long time and it comes out perfect. :yes   Your DD's new kitchen colors sound really nice and a fun change from all white.

Marlene ~ No surprise that Maya likes school!  From what you've told us, she's so eager to learn new things and that is wonderful! 

Judy ~ I'll bet your herbs will be fine inside near a bright window. :)  Looking forward to seeing your afghan!

Hi to the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart

The days seem to run together lately.  Never enough time to get caught up around here, but I keep trying. :lol  

Luke and Zach last week on their way to pre-school. :c9

post-10699-0-77169700-1410088240_thumb.jpg

Good morning. It's cold here (49 degrees) and the sun is shining.

Mary, the boys are so cute. Growing very quickly.

Nothing much happening here today. I will probably spend some time working on the round ripple that I started on Friday,

Have a great day, ladies.

good morning peeps!

Mary, the boys have gotten so big!!!! Such sweet faces.

As Joanne mentioned, the weather is so nice today.The storm late yesterday afternoon were really bad ones. I empathized with Sparkie's terror....but the upside is this great weather today!

Enjoy the day, my friends....hooking and Yankee baseball are on my agenda for the day.

Hi Cindy and Judy!  I hope you're both crocheting away this afternoon. :)   Thank you for the sweet comments. :manyheart   They are so different!  Luke eats all the time and is so thin.  Zach doesn't eat much and has that belly. :lol  

I've been cleaning most of the day and feel a little more organized now.  We're watching the little guys tomorrow and Tuesday DH has the final portion of the root canal from you know where.  Two long visits for one tooth...the endodontist said this was one of the worst he's seen - aren't we the lucky ones? ;)

Have a good evening everyone.♥♥♥

Morning peeps!

Mary, I wish your hubby good luck with the dentist. It is my absolutely least favorite place to be....even though I love my young dentist and his brother...they are partners....they are also around my son's age.

Isn't everyone?

Have a good one....I should have a pic to post of the Faerie blanket today or tomorrow. I'm fudging the end. No way do I want to do two rows of bobbles....

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The boys are getting so big. There adorable! Hope DH is doing well after his root canal this morning.

Judy and Cindy, Can't wait to see your blankets.

We went to Maya's sunday and came back yesterday. Maya wanted to know when she would see next. I told her soon. She said Thanksgiving and I said no that's more than two months away. I would see her soon. She asked if we could bake something in her easy bake oven and I told we would.

We met my sister on the way home and she and I went to my aunts to visit my cousin from Tennessee. We had a really visit with all of them. My cousin lives with his mom and he is on vacation this week so he was home. So we had a chance to visit with him to. This is my cousin who had cancer. She is doing really well!

Were suppose to get bad storms tomorrow then are temps will be in the 60's for a few days. I've had the crochet bug today so glad it's cooling down. Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Judy - those hats are so cute!!

Mary - what handsome boys!!  Getting so big.  They grow up so fast!

Joanne - hope things are going well for you.

I'm on vacation this week.  Not going any where since we have the boys.  Yesterday the little one wanted to walk to school (it's about 3 blocks from here) and we got to the very first corner (which is the next yard over) and he says his feet hurt LOL.  One day was enough, we are now driving to school every day!  We do plan on going to the state fair but it will probably next week, payday was the wrong week for us to go this week. 

Got  a couple of baby hats done for the October purple hat campaign (it's to help parents remember not to shake their babies when they cry).  The church I work at has a crochet/knit group and they are doing it as a group.  Since I can't go to the meetings, I thought I'd make some hats.  Only had a partial skein of cotton purple, sounds like a trip to store is in order!

Hope you all are having a great week!!   Hugs to all of you!

Thanks for the compliment on the hats, Sherry. I think I'm going to make a few simple ones to give to my nurse friend. The wild blanket, along with another multicolor one will also be added to the pile. Those hats with the ribbons are for neighborhood toddlers.

Juju day, that is a really beautiful blanket. The colors look vaguely southwestern to me. I think it's the turquoise combined with the red.

Yet another very busy day at work. All 4 of our ICUs are crazy busy. There must have been a full moon recently. Luckily, I am off until Friday now. Maybe it will calm down by then.

Mary, hope your hubby did ok at the dentist. I'm with Judy, it's one of my least favorite places to go.

Well, time for dinner.....

Hi all

Judy. Love the blanket!

Cindy. There was a full moon and last niche was a "super moon". That may explain things. We've been busy at work too yesterday and today

Marlene glad to hear your cousin is doing well and that you got to see maya.

Mary. Hope all went well woth your DH 's dental appointment and that you got to finish your scarf

Sherry. Enjoy your stay cation even not going anywhere is nicer than going to work.

I went to craft club last night and brought the large granny blanket. I'm on the border now !!! Yay!!!!

Tonight I'll probably work on of some more and see if I can finish it.

Holly. Hope things are going well with you and the girls and Wayne.

Thanks Cindy and Joanne,

Yup, last night's full moon was a beautiful sight!

Joanne, looking forward to seeing a pic of your granny blanket!

Good morning!

Happy hump day!!! I am almost done woth the afghan. Got a call from my sis in law and we talked for quite a while which limited the time I had to work on the border. So far on the second row of hdc. Not sure what else I'm going to do ..maybe just a row of crab stitch after that and call it done.

Cindy. That would make an interesting study! I'm sure the full. Ion affects lots of. things!

Have a good day everyone

Good morning. It's cool and rainy here. I have made the bed and sent the robot vacuum out on his rounds. I haven't done a thing really, but just having that vacuum out working makes me feel productive. The cloudy weather makes the dust invisible, so I'll be able to ignore that. I guess maybe I ought to think about defrosting something for dinner. I need to start meal planning again. Thinking up dinner ideas is one of my least favorite things to do.

Also there will be 30 minutes of decluttering happening somewhere today. Probably in the basement. My children are all out if the house but an awful lot of their stuff still lives here. It's mostly stuff they want to keep for sentimental reasons, (think old prom dresses, toys, grade school projects, and stuff like that.). Ds wasn't so bad. He owned a lot of stuff but he took most of it over to his house. I suspect that he doesn't care about what he left here. I'm going to box these things up and take them to their rightful owners. I wonder how much sentiment will remain when I am no longer storing their stuff?

I started a round ripple, after some encouragement from the Boxing Day CAL participants. I like how it's turning out but it sure is tedious. I've already done a bazillion double crochets, and I will be doing a couple of bazillion more before it's finished. (I got that word from one of my grandsons, I have no idea whether it's a real word, but I think it conveys what I'm trying to say)

Lol. I've done a bazillion double crochet on the large granny afghan too.

I love that word and have used it before!!!! And yes, Cindy, it does convey your point perfectly

It is amazing how much stuff is not that important once they have to store to themselves. Ask me how I know lol

Youngest dd still has a few totes of things in my attic from years ago. Once she moves and is settled in, I will go up to the attic, bring them down and drive them over

Hope everyone had a good day

Cindy and Joanne, when I was young my mom was a nurses aide in the delivery room....from her, and later from hubby, who was NYPD when we met....the full moon seems to arrive at the same time as a rush on the delivery room and cops locking up people who are...let's say, challenged....

Archived