Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning

It's been a rough couple of days. Dd and he family are at her mil house. Seems like the woman they are buying the house from is dragging her feet. This house may not happen. It may not be worth the trouble to sue her for breech of contract. We'll see what happens today. This on top of the death of her father. I told her that things have a way if working out and maybe this is something that wasn't meant to be and maybe they will find something better if this doesn't pan out.

They signed the papers on their house yesterday so I think today she just wants us all to do something fun with the boys

Hugs!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne ~ I'm so sorry your DD is having to go through this - sending her hugs. :hug    We've had similar things happen and it's not fun. :no

DH has his last pt app't. this morning (we hope) and then we're going to lunch and grocery shopping.  I'm working on a granny ripple baby 'ghan and it's going pretty quickly.

Have a good morning, House! :manyheart

Morning peeps,

Joanne, you told DD exactly what we would have....doesn't make it any easier for them, but it's the truth. Things so often happen for a reason.

Mary, that is crazy about posting! You may have to join FB....or the other site several went to, though posting pics is an extra step there I think.

Something g has to be fixed.

Good morning. Our camping weather was perfect after the rain on the first afternoon. It's good to be home though. I already have the camper cleaned out and the laundry going.

My sister in law and nephew are coming for a few days next week, so I guess I will have to pay a little attention to the spaces behind those closed bedroom doors. Generally I ignore those rooms. They only get used when grand children take naps.

Joanne, hopefully either this house works out for dd and family or something better is in store. The same thing happened to my bil. After all the paperwork was signed,the owner backed out. They didn't sue for breech of promise, because my sil said that she wouldn't enjoy the house if they got it that way.

Well, better get back to the housework.

Cindy ~ Yay for good weather after a rainy start!  I'm so glad we don't have any company coming...I'm a little (well, more than a little) behind on cleaning. ;)

Judy ~ Yes, I was invited to join the group early on and check in on their public show and tell once in a while.  Facebook I'm not sure about.  How are Lucy and Sparkie?  Gracie continues to be our little entertainer. :lol

I hope everyone has a good weekend.  We're back in the 100* weather, so will be inside most of the time.

See you tomorrow! ♥

Hi, peeps!

Mary, I have good privacy settings on FB, so it's working out ok for me.

We're getting blood work and a urine test for Sparkie....very very bad halitosis and it's not his teeth which get brushed every other day. It could be one of many things. Fingers crossed and the inking the best of the options...

Good morning

We've been to the farm stand and then went down to the waterfront at keyport for a while. It's another gorgeous day here. yesterday dd treated me to a mani pedi in thanks for all the babysitting I did the week her father passed away. I thought it was totally unnecessary, but she insisted. We all went to the park that the boys love in the afternoon and then stopped at delicious orchards. It was a relaxing day despite all the turmoil she is going through right now

Judy. Fingers crossed that all is ok with sparkie !

Mary. I also have good privacy settings on fb. Enjoy your cleaning. Lol

Cindy. Glad to hear you had a good time camping!!

Well I'd better get some cleaning done here too.

Have a good day everyone !

Good morning, (or is it afternoon already....). Dh went over to DD's place early this morning to help her paint her kitchen. I baked banana bread, cleaned bathrooms and the kitchen and ran errands. We were supposed to visit the in-laws this evening, but she called to say that she figured we were tired after camping and that we could stay home and rest. Dd and family are still camping, they were enjoying themselves so much that they decided to extend their stay.

It's a gorgeous day here, so I think that I'm going to spend the afternoon outside. I doubt dh will feel like doing anything this evening after spending the day helping dd. We'd have dinner out on the deck and maybe watch a movie afterwards.

Well, microwave is beeping, so my lunch is ready. Have a great day, ladies.

Have been sitting on the deck knitting. My middle dd liked the striped knitted garter stich Ghan I made and went shopping in my stash last week and picked out colors and asked me to make her one. I started it last week. It's nice mindless knitting. And I've also got the never ending crochet Ghan to work on too.

Going to make a cup of toasted almond coffee in the Keurig and go back outside. They had a sample of the toasted almond coffee t the orchards yesterday and it was sooooo good!!!!

Judy, I bought the coffee and have one of those reusable cups that you put in the Keurig so I just put the coffee in that. As far as the knitted blanket, it'll take a while but I already told dd that!! Lol. I'm enjoying it and know that it will mean a lot to her and that she'll love it.

When will you get the results of sparkie's lab work?

Joanne, I'll have to get one of those reusable k cup things....

The vet said the blood work would be done today but urine Monday....both sent out, not done on site. It was an experience running after Sparkie this morning, wearing rubber gloves and with an old jelly jar in my hand!

The vet said the blood work would be done today but urine Monday....both sent out, not done on site. It was an experience running after Sparkie this morning, wearing rubber gloves and with an old jelly jar in my hand!

:lol This got me laughing so hard!  Not that I haven't had to do similar things and it's not so funny at the time. ;)   I hope Sparkie is okay.

Cindy ~ I know your DD loves having dad close by. :)  Yay for the great weather!

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds wonderful so far!  It's  good that you live close to your DD -  sorry they're going through so much right now. :hug

It's very dark out and there are storms in the area.  We need rain desperately -  keeping fingers crossed!

Have a good morning, all. :manyheart

Good morning

Yesterday dd and sil went to look at some houses and we watched the boys. Then they all stayed for dinner. They hopefully find something out today from the lawyer. I told her that whatever will be will be and that there is a reason. And that karma has a way of coming back at you when you do something like this lady is doing to

I have been knitting the blanket for dd and did a looooong round on the never ending granny yesterday morning. Now youngest dd wants a knit blanket too. I took the boys for a walk while dd and sil took a nap on the recliners. She used the knit blanket I finished and asked if I could make one for her. I told her yes, but I first have to finish the one for her sister and they take longer to make than crochet ones, So at this rate, I may as well make one for my oldest too. I'll be making garter stitch blankets for a while now

We did FaceTime with my oldest and sang happy birthday to her. Ryan loved it and so did dd!!!

Well time to pour another cup of coffee and go knit for a while. Hugs!

Morning peeps!

Mary, I'm glad I gave you a good laugh! As I was running around in my nightie I thought, thank goodness the neighbors can't see me...lol!

Joanne, your dd will look back on this house thing and be grateful for your wise counsel. And smart thinking, planning for blanket number three!! So, are you doing it in one piec or strips? I can imagine the length of the cast on row, otherwise!

I hope to hear something g from the vet by the end of the day. My one positive thought is that Sparkie is acting just like he always had, so that's encouraging.

Have a good day my friends.

Judy, I cast on 180 for the one I'm working on now. The one I made for myself I cast on 160. It's very mindless knitting.....row upon row of knit stitch. I'm using circular needles since it is all one piece. What I love about it is the squishiness of garter stitch!

Positive thoughts for sparkie!!!

My dd and her mil also love the toasted almond coffee. She wants to go back to the orchards later on the week to get more!

Thanks, Joanne. I have a garter stitch scarf I still have to finish and it is squishy! I have to see if I have any circular needles, if not, I may just make strips....or visit Michaels :)

We never went to delicious orchards yesterday, but will get there by the end of the week. Need to check on that coffee. I ordered the K cup refill, among other things, from Amazon. We went to Belmar and walked on the boardwalk. It was slightly overcast and so comfortable!

Hi House. ♥ 

It was a quiet day for us today - Yay!  I went grocery shopping by myself and actually got everything on my list...DH gets distracted easily and isn't too patient. :wink   I fixed Pei Wei's knock-off recipe for lettuce wraps for dinner and they were yummy.

Judy ~ I hope Sparkie is doing okay. You and Joanne talking about knitting almost makes me want to pick it up again. :)

Joanne ~ I'm sorry I can't remember - are you on vacation this week?  I hope your DD and family are doing okay. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at Our House!

Morning peeps,

Holly, I hope the temporary manager is short term!!

Mary, my DH is the same when we go grocery shopping....it's fun going alone, isn't it?

And you know you really want to knit again....you know you do!!

And Sparkie's labs came back good...the issues I was worried about aren't an issue. The regular vet he saw will call me today. She had mentioned sedating him to do a better check of his mouth than he allowed her to perform on our visit. His patience lasts just so long, though for an an intact male he's an angel at the vet. Not sure if we wan to do that. She did see an enlarged node under his jaw, but there was no infection obvious in the blood work, and since I brush their teeth he has nomtartar issues...for an old guy that's amazing. The vet wishes all her clients realized how important it is.i start when they have baby teeth so they're used to it.

Our leaning is to leave it for now. Our deepest concerns were addressed already.

Good morning. It's raining here, which is a good thing. We need it.

My sister in law is visiting for a few days, but right now she is taking my mil to the doctor. She is Dh's only sister, and it's been a while since we actually spent any time with her.

Judy, I'm glad no major issues showed up with Sparkie.

Holly, hope the interim manager is good and a permanent manager is placed soon. I know from experience that having a temporary manager eventually leads to poor performance and chaos.

My dh loves to grocery shop. Mostly, I just pick up what we need, but he likes to walk up and down every aisle and buy all sorts of stuff.

Guess ud better go to work on my laundry now.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I also have good privacy settings on facebook. I have had people tell me they can't find me. I like to grocery shop by myself. Hubby and Maya always want treats.

Judy, So glad Sparky's test results came back good.

Joanne, Sorry DD and SIL are going through this time with the seller. You've given her good advice. How nice that each of the girls want a blanket. You'll be plenty warm this winter knitting them up.

Cindy, Enjoy your visit with your SIL.

Holly, Are library just hired a new manager. She is a retired school teacher. She took over at the end of the summer reading program and was very excited. I hope it doesn't take to long to replace yours.

I can't tell you how nice it is to be home. We were gone for two weeks. We hadn't planned on it, but things are done at DD's house. I had a great time at my class reunion events. I do wish I would of gone to saturday nights, but it wasn't possible. Everyone I talked to including the guys commented we all have two things in common we need reading glasses and we can't remember. We have plans for another reunion in 5 years. One of my classmates and her husband couldn't come after all there hard work on the planning. She was just recently diagnoised with liver cancer. She has had her first treatment but doesn't know if it has spread any where else. Just so sad!

Hubby and I finished the bathroom cabinet yesterday. He couldn't remember some of the details. I told him don't tear anything apart without me. I would of took pictures. It's back and today I filled it and collected a bag of out dated stuff.

I've been catching up on laundry to.

DS will be here tomorrow with the kids until sunday. Since he's off he and I will watch the kids he's picking up some soccer games.

It's been a rainy day here today, but the weather said we are in for the hottest days of summer this week. I even heard we could reach 90. I hope there wrong.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Hi Ladies,

I woke feeling a little under the weather today. Had a bit of a headache and my stomach was a little flippy. Took some tylenol which didn't seem to help but after a little catnap in the recliner this afternoon I feel better. DS texted and said they wouldn't be coming until friday.

Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

Archived