Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Oh, so sorry about more trips to the dentist. :hug   I googled the Celebration yarn and it looks so nice...cheerful and just enough sparkle!  I'm making a large granny square baby 'ghan in Vanna's Linen, Silver Blue and Dusty Blue.  Not sure I ever would have thought of using these colors, but I saw an afghan somewhere and really love the combination. :yes   And I already had them in my stash!

Good morning. Chilly and sunny here today. I have the day off, but I have laundry and cleaning to do. I work this weekend. I think that we will be going out to dinner tonight though, so I won't have to think of something for dinner. I don't mind cooking, but I hate always having to think of something. Dh isn't much help, he just eats whatever I make.

So, you would think I would get going on my chores wouldn't you? Instead I have been checking out Pinterest, Ravelry and Craftsy.

I now have lots of ideas for new projects. Someone needs to give me a push!

Hi all,

Had a great day at work. My coworkers decorated my cubicle, had a cake for me in the afternoon, bagels and coffee in the morning and a gift of cash to buy yarn. Went out to dinner with DH and going out to breakfast with my grandsons tomorrow. Life is good. Now I'm going to go play with yarn to celebrate I love yarn day!!!!

Joanne ~ Your day sounds like a good one!  Have fun with your kids tomorrow. :yes

Cindy ~ I totally agree about meals. I still try to be creative and love to cook, but would appreciate a comment from DH once in a while. Well, that's not entirely true...he still tells me when he hopes I'm not making some form of soup. :lol

DD invited me to go with her to the Fort Worth Junior League Bazaar tomorrow!  Looking forward to seeing all sorts of goodies and then we're having brunch...just the two of us is a rare thing these days. :c9

Have a good night, all. ♥

Have fun at the bazaar Mary!, and enjoy your 1 on 1 time with your DD!!!!

Time to get ready for breakfast. We are going to the turning point, a favorite place of mine. I think after breakfast I'll pop into Barnes and noble and michaels too. Lol!

Morning, peeps!

Funny comments about making dinner..I get in a rut, so most times I ask DH what he wants. After 47 years I've run out of ideas...lol!

Joanne, enjoy Turning Point! 

Good Afternoon!!  It's definitely a fall day here--it's cold (51 this morning) but when it's been in the 90's the day before, that's cold and it's been raining.  Spent the morning at the Pumpkin Festival with youngest DD and the grandsons.  Oldest DD is working 2 jobs now, so youngest one is watching them on the weekends.  The boys had a good time.  We got 6 pumpkins!!  We plan to bake some of them and make pumpkin pies. 

Joanne - hope you had a great birthday!  And it was I love yarn day too!!  Hope you were able to purchase some yarn to celebrate your day! 

Mary - hope your weather is better than ours--it's so cold and dreary. 

Judy - My DH says I never make what he wants, only what the GS want.  I now have to get creative with everything since the youngest GS cannot have any dairy (really have to read all the those labels to make sure there's not something in there he can't have).  Now I'm on a quest to find a pumpkin pie recipe with no dairy in it. 

Cindy - sometimes we just need to "play" instead of doing chores.  I spent a lot of time doing other stuff rather than chores.  Wish there was a "chore fairy" that would take care of all that stuff.

Well, speaking of chores, I'd better get some laundry going.  Still working on the rings for DD, have 4 made and need 4 more.  Then I get to figure out the strips to link them together. 

Have a wonderful weekend!!  Hugs to all of you.

Hi ladies. Had a great day at work today, hopefully the same tomorrow. It was 32 degrees when I went to work this morning, but it turned into a gorgeous fall day.

My big news: We have a brand new grand daughter. She was born at 12:47 this morning. She is thoughtful already, she appeared at the beginning of the weekend so her dad wouldn't have to take much time off work. I'm not sure what her five brothers are going to make of a sister, but dd and DSIL are thrilled, particularly DSIL. Dh has gone to pick up the two oldest boys. They will be staying here for a few days,

I got a lot done yesterday, but my back is letting me know that I am too old to crawl around on the floor all day. I cleaned baseboards, washed a few windows, cleaned light fixtures and more. I also did some sewing that I had been putting off, (hemming a skirt I made several months ago, hemming some pants and taking in a pair of scrubs that I bought online,). It felt really good to get those things off mybto-do list. We ended up staying home for dinner, since I was tired from all that cleaning. I told DH we coukd go out tonight instead, but we ended up eating leftovers so that dh could go pick up the boys by 7.

Joanne, sounds like your birthday was wonderful. Mary have fun on your outing with dd. I love going to bazaars. Sherri, I know, fun time is important too, it's just that I have too much fun sometimes!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Woo hoo!!! Congrats Cindy on your new grandaughter!!!! How exciting!!!!!!

I had a wonderful day. Breakfast was delicious. I didn't go to michaels or Barnes....it was pouring rain. So dd and the boys came over. Around noon dd went home since they were having all the ducts cleaned out and sil had to leave for work. They boys stayed here with us and dd came back around 5. We all had dinner together And they left around 8. The boys are really so much fun!!!!

A gorgeous fall day today!!!! Spent most if it with the boys at DD's house. It's really coming along. I met some of her neighbors while taking a walk with the boys. Everyone is so friendly. I am just so happy for them. It's a great neighborhood for the boys to grow up in. Next Saturday I'm going to middle DD's and we are going to celebrate my birthday. Can't wait to see her.

Tomorrow I'm off since DH is having cataract surgery. We have to be there at 6:30! Oh well, at least I'm off work.

Hope you all had a good weekend !

Joanne, here's hoping hubby's surgery is quick and he heals quickly.

I'm so happy for your dd. We've been in our neighborhood for 38 years and love it. About 10 or so years ago a friend who' for 15 or so years had lived right across the street from us, needed a bigger house...so she moved around the corner, and her new backyard backed up to her current home at the time and all they had to do with the kids toys was toss them over the fence! We have seen adult children coming back here to live in their old neighborhood too.

Have a good night my friends.

Joanne, so glad it went well!!

...and I thought it was me...trying to access the ville on my new Kindle Fire I kept getting error messages.

Humid and getting up to about 77 today!!! Ick.

I'm getting my flu shot today, then will see about going to my pharmacy to get the pneumonia vaccine. 

Oh, DS was over to watch part of Monday night football with us last night...and we were talking about his girlfriend. I don't want to jinx it, but after things he told us, it looks like she may be "the one"!!! 

Have a good day my friends

Hi House!  I was home all day yesterday and was looking forward to catching up on the 'Ville...of course there was no 'Ville! ;)   I'm only home for about an hour now, but wanted to say Hi.

Cindy ~ Congratulations on your new granddaughter! :c9   How fun it will be to buy and make girlie things. :)

Joanne ~ I'm so glad your hubby's surgery went well.  ♥

Judy ~ Keeping fingers crossed that this is the one for your DS! 

Hi to everyone I've missed.  Have a good day!

Thanks ladies.

Mary, I also had a bit of time to check in yesterday, and no ville. At first I thought it was just me. However, I could see the index page and I eventually noticed that the latest posts were all hours old, so I figured it was a site problem.

Joanne, I'm glad your Dh's cataract surgery went well. Your DD's new neighborhood sounds wonderful.

Judy, a new Kindle Fire! Wow! I have an original kindle Fire. It's still going strong after all these years. I think I probably have more books on it than I will be able to read in 20 years. I check out the free books several times a week, and nearly always find a few that look good.

It's been a hectic few days here. I worked this weekend, plus we had our two oldest grandsons here until Monday evening, I did some laundry on Monday, but mostly I did stuff with the boys. They are homeschooled so I had them write stories and then we had "art". We made fabric pumpkins and bird seed cakes. We also made Lego creations. Unfortunately it rained all day so we had to stay inside.

Today I taught a class from 8 to 5. Tomorrow I have two meetings. One at work and one at church. I also need to visit my inlaws. It's been a while since I saw them. On Thursday, I plan to stay home. Friday I have to work again.

I did manage to make a pink hat for our new grand daughter and I'm working on a pair of pink shoes. I have a lot of ideas for more stuff too.

Hi to everyone I missed.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a nice day with friends and family.  Sounds like DD has a great neighborhood to raise the boys in. Glad to hear DH surgery went well.

Judy, Boo on the dentist appts coming up. I hope DS has found the one. How is your GD doing off at college this year?

Mary, Your colors sound lovely for your new afghan. Did you find any new things to make at the bazaar? Yup once those grandbabies come along it's hard to find some DD time with are girls.

Cindy, Congratulations on the new grand daughter! How exciting to crochet for a baby girl.

Sherry, Maybe you could make some mini pumpkin muffins for DGS.

I can't believe it's been a week since I was here last. I to get in the rut of what to make for supper. Tonight we had meatloaf made with venison. It was delicious!

We have found another great doctor. Hubby has to do pt for his back pain then they insurance will pay for an mri. He starts that next week.

DD asked us to come down last weekend as she had the weekend off and she's had to work the last couple of times we've been there. I had to pick Payton and Jocelyn up and take them with us and DS picked them up DD's. It was not a fun time picking them the kids up. Worse then two weeks ago. There mom told them to come out a different door. I have always met them at the front door. DS had already filled some parenting complaints with the friend of court and I'm sure he will be adding friday to. I wrote a letter for him to send to them.

Saturday we went to Maya's friend Kolby's football game. They won and will be playing in a championship game this saturday. Maya and I went to the store afterwards and she got her Halloween costume. She's going to be a Gothic Cheerleader. After dinner we made brownies. Sunday we went with friends Kolby and his mom (Liz) to the apple orchard. We had lots of fun there. I had Maya do three rows on her loom hat so I would know she knows what she's doing. I also found a book with instructions and some patterns for looming and gave that to her. I told her mom if Maya gets stuck she could check out utube. Then on are way home we stopped in to visit with SD and family.

Last night we went to visit Mary and Gordy. He's having a real hard time breathing.

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Hi ladies!

Cindy, my kindle is packed with books, too...and I finally figured out how to add the Nook reading g app for my books, too. It's now like a mini iPad!it's so portable! It was hubby by who saw me reading on my original kindle and said there had to be a more updated version. I got the hd6 version. I needed no other encouragement!

Marlene, DGD is doing great in Syracuse. She even applied for and got a job with the choir in the town itself. She's anazing.

Mary, ds seems to have met the right girl at the right time...they are really moving fast.. but so did we. Me and hubby met and got engaged in three months.

Judy, it's my hubby who gets me all my gadgets too. It started with a Nook Color, then came a Kindle fire. Somewhere in there I got a regular Kindle and a Nook simple touch. Next he got me an iPhone, followed by an iPad. Then came an iPad mini, and another iPhone. Whenever he gets something new, he buys me something. Some men buy their wives jewelry, mine buys electronic gadgets. I think maybe he's done for a while now though. At least I can't think of any other device that he could buy me. All of the ones I have still work well, and my grandsons enjoy using them.

I mostly use the mini iPad for reading, unless I'm outside. And to think that when my son in law got one of the first kindles, I thought it was a passing fad. (I thought that about cell phones too!). At heart I'm not all that electronics oriented, but I do like the idea of taking hundreds of books everywhere I go.

Happy Wednesday, all. :)  Gracie is at the groomers, DH is going to lunch with a friend and I might have a couple of hours of me time. :D

Marlene ~ You guys have sure had a busy week!  Other than the ex-DIL situation, it sounds like you had a good week. :yes  Growing up in Iowa, we always made fall trips to apple orchards...I can still remember the wonderful smells.  I hope your friend, Gordy, feels better soon. ♥

Cindy ~ Your week sounds super busy, too!  Hopefully, you'll have this weekend off ?  How is the new grand baby doing?  I'll bet her brothers will be good at watching out for their little sister. :c9

Judy ~ How exciting to have the newest Kindle!  I've seen the ads on TV lately.  DH and I got married 6 months after we met on a blind date - so you and I are proof it works! ;)

Time to change laundry and crochet while it's quiet around here.  Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Sounds like everyone is busy!!!

My DH proposed to me about 4 mos after we started dating. I thought it was too quick, but he had asked my dad first and my dad said, he's a good man.. I was in my mid 40's and here we are 13 years married,

It's raining now and humid. I actually put the ac on just to rid the air of the humidity

DH is continuing to do well. He said he can't believe the difference!!! Just wait till he has the other eye done!

Off to put his drops in Have a good night

Hi Ladies,

Today the neighbors came up. They knocked on are door and asked did I know who's white truck was in there drive way. I said no unless it was hubby's friend Aaron and he just happened to get here when hubby was leaving to go to the store. I go out and check it out and it wasn't. But it had a company name on the truck. They called the number on the truck and told them they had 30 minutes to get here or it would be towed. They sold there pontoon and the guy was coming to get is why they were here. They called the police and they gave them the name of the wrecker to call. The wrecker came and towed it away. They went over to the neighbor on the other side of them, he came home while the guy was getting his pontoon. He said the house on the other side of him is having some work done on there foundation and maybe it was that companys truck. I hate to be that employee. Have no idea why they would think they could park in someones drive two houses away. I sure would like to see there face when they get up here and see there truck is gone. The house that is being worked on they don't live here either.

That's all the excitement in my neighborhood today.  Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Good morning. It's another gloomy rainy day here, and it's the only day this week that I dont have anywhere to go. My gardens still need cleaning, but the weather hasn't been co-operative on my days off. Maybe Saturday will be nice. I'm working on laundry and youngest dd is coming for dinner which will be an Indonesian fried rice dish.

I started a little dress for my new grand daughter . ( http://sarahsweethearts.blogspot.com/2011/04/little-white-dress.html ). Almost all the free baby dress patterns are short sleeved or sleeveless. I looked for a cute onsie for her to wear under it while I was out yesterday, but had no luck. When I got home I checked out Carters online and found several to choose from. They even had free shipping yesterday. I found one long sleeved dress pattern on Ravelry, but the top was all just rows of double crochet and I was looking for something a little lacier and girly. I also found a book of dress patterns in my collection, but every dress in it was sleeveless as well.

Today is laundry day. I did most of the housework yesterday, just need to clean the kitchen still.

Well, time to change the laundry......

Archived