Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning peeps!

Cindy the dress pattern is so cute! Lucky you to get free shipping from Carter's! All the dress patterns I've seen have been short sleeve too.

It rained a ton overnight and this morning it's still dreary...

Have a good day my friends

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. Here's a one skein baby blanket in lilac, and the pattern is from the Caron site. A simple pattern, I love the way it worked up. I'm saving it for the autism fundraiser my nurse friend is having in April. More stuff to come.

post-8552-0-56363800-1413499507_thumb.jpg

Hi all

Judy, nice job on the blanket and what a good cause! The day turned out nice. After the rain, we had a nice sun shiny day! A little on the warm side for this time of year, but it beats sub zero temps!

Cindy. That's a cute pattern! How fun to make some girly things!! Hope your dinner with dd turned out well. It sounds delicious

Marlene. I wonder why the worker would have parked in someone else's driveway. I wouldn't want to be that employee either.

Mary. Did you get your "me" time yesterday while hubby was out to lunch?

I just started watching the devils and Washington already scored 34 seconds into the game :-(

Later I'll be watching scandal ...does anyone else watch it?

Have a good night all

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Such a sweet baby 'ghan!  Beautiful work and I know it will go fast at the fundraiser. :yes

Cindy ~ :c9  How fun to be making baby girl things...the pattern is adorable!  I hope your weather cooperates tomorrow so you can get outside things done.  We've actually had some beautiful fall days lately - except the 92* yesterday. :lol

Marlene ~ I can't believe someone parked in the wrong driveway and didn't worry about it!  We live in a really quiet area and that sure would have been noticed here, too!  How are your arm and wrist?  Are you doing any crocheting?

Joanne ~ I haven't watched Scandal, but am recording more shows so I need to add that one!  It seems like I'm always cleaning up the kitchen and doing dishes when the good shows are on. ;)

Hi to the rest of our house, too. :manyheart

I'm finally going to get my haircut today.  The girl I've been going to for a long time left, so I guess I'll take my chances. :(  'Hate it when that happens...I'll miss her.

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good luck with the haircut, Mary!

Thanks for the compliments on the blanket....I really enjoyed making it. I have a feeling it may become a favorite...along

with Cindy's pattern from her site. I haven't made that one in a while, but I remember there being minimal "holes" in it. I also have the yarn set aside for a round ripple made with primary colors

Aww, Judy, you're making me blush.....

Mary, hope the haircut went well.

Quiet day at work today. (For a change)

We are going to see our new grand daughter tonight. Hopefully the weather will co-operate for working outdoors tomorrow, although it doesn't look too promising at the moment.

Well, better go make a salad so we get some veggies in today.....

Happy Saturday, all. ♥

Cindy ~ I know you had a good evening...holding the brand new little one! :c9

Well, the haircut is actually okay...shorter than usual, but my hair grows fast. :lol

Tomorrow is Zach's 2nd Birthday party. :)  (His birthday is really Wednesday, the 22nd.)  It will just be us and SIL's family for an early supper and cake.

It's a gorgeous day - sunny and in the 70's.  I'm about to take a long walk!  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Happy Sunday

Cindy-. I'll bet it was wonderful holding your new grandaughter!!!!

Mary. It's always a little scary changing hairdressers! Glad that you are ok woth the new cut!!

Enjoy Zach's 2nd birthday celebration :-)

Yesterday dd, the boys and I went to visit my middle DD. We had such a fun time. My dd had moved to another apartment and it is perfect for her. We went to a local art center to see her exhibition of hammocks. It was sun and the boys had a good time going around, under and in the hammocks. Went to lunch at a portugese BBQ place and followed it up with ice cream from a place that has been in business for 75 years. It was a lovely autumn day and we all had a good time. DH enjoyed his afternoon watching college football games lol

Today I'm finally getting around to switching out my clothes. I just don't have eviugh space to keep all my clothes out year round. Washer just finished so time to move those clothes to the dryer and start another load

Have a good day!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Bet it was great holding your new granddaughter.

Judy, The baby afghan is beautiful! Fall is definitely here too. The other day it looked like it was snowing leaves.

Joanne, How nice all of you got to pay a visit to DD.

Mary, Glad you liked your new hair cut. They always cut my hair shorter than I want it too. Happy Birthday to Zach! I'm still playing around on the baby blanket. I need to get it out and just finish it. My hand is fair. It hasn't improved or gotten worse since we've been home which is a good thing in a way. But the pinky and the ring finger both feel like someone is tightening something in there. I don't sit at my desk any more as a few times I have tried I have pain. So I sit in the recliner with my laptop on my lap. My laptop sits a plastic storage box so it raises it. I go for my physical in a few weeks so I will talk to her then about my hand. And get a prescription for pt to take with me to Texas.

Friday night we went back near are hometown to the VFW that hubby is a lifetime member at for fish dinner with some friends. We see him once in awhile at the VA office, but haven't seen her in a long time. So we had a nice visit and caught up with the grandkids and great grandkids. They are going to Florida this winter. They want to buy something down there. His brother lives down there and fishes as much as Chuck.

Saturday I went to the post office, picked up some groceries and made a stop at the new bakery. Saturday isn't a good day to go there unless you go shortly after they open. As there wasn't much. I did pick up a circle of pecan rolls that were day old. I had one this morning. I cut it in half and buttered it and grilled it. It needed more cinnamon. But was homemade.

Today I did some cleaning and laundry. Hope everyone has a great week ahead.

Hi, Marlene....I hope your hand feels better soon. It's so hard when we want to do things and we're hurting....

Cindy, I have a pic of when I was just under a year old and I'm wearing a sleeveless dress and I can see the long sleeves of a shirt that my mom put on me. Your idea of looking for something to go with that cute dress pattern has always worked, it seems! The pic I have was like.y taken in Sept or October of '49 because my younger cousin is in his christening outfit.

Good Morning!

Holly ~ Awww - what fun to see the new little guy :c9 ...and to see how much your baby 'ghan is loved, too! 

Judy ~ The pictures are wonderful!  I love the one with both of them looking at the camera - is that a "who me?" look from Lucy? ;)

Joanne ~ Your Saturday with your family sounds like a perfect day. :yes

Marlene ~ Oh, you must get frustrated with the wrist pain. :hug   I hope you can get some relief soon.  Your time at the VFW sounds fun!

Zach's party was very entertaining.  They have two cousins - both girls ages 6 and 3.  Combined with Luke (4) and Zach, it seemed like 10 kids instead of 4. :lol

We are finally burying my parents today - yes, over 1½ years later.  They were both in the willed body program at UT Southwestern Medical School and they kept mom until a couple of months ago.  The service will be at DFW National Cemetery and they will be buried together.  There will be Military Honors, as dad was a pilot in WW2.  I will be so glad when today is over!

Have a good Monday, everyone. :manyheart

Morning, peeps!

Mary, I'll be thinking of you today...

My cousin who died of cancer willed her body to Harvard, I think. I'm hoping they were able to learn a lot....she would have wanted it.

And yes, that's Miss Innocent...just before deciding to dominate her brother...lol!

Hi ladies. Another busy weekend done. It was busy at work today as well. We still have our houseguest. He is leaving on Thursday, and he really isn't any work at all. He is only here to sleep mostly. His classes run from 9 to 9, and he only has coffee for breakfast. On Friday my sister in law, her dh and their son will be coming for a couple of nights. The thing about all this company is that I feel like I always have to make sure everything is clean. In reality, I'm pretty sure that the current houseguest wouldn't notice.

I still haven't finished the little dress. I am using sport weight yarn, so I had to do a bit of experimenting with the pattern. I'm not totally pleased with how the bodice part turned out, but the skirt is looking good. Its requiring quite a few more rows than the pattern calls for. I'm hoping it will fit her for a few months.

Judy, love the fur baby pictures.

Mary, hope today went well. Also I'm glad the haircut was okay.

Marlene, I'm sorry that your hand is still acting up. That must be getting a bit frustrating. As usual, sounds like you are keeping busy.

Holly, how neat that your blanket is being used.

Well, better go rustle up something for dinner. There are lots of leftovers to choose from. I guess I'll see what dh wants.

Hi Ladies,

Holly, It's nice to see someone use what we gift them and to know they like it. Congratulations on the new nephew.

Mary, I hope monday wasn't to hard on you. Hugs!

Cindy, Enjoy your company there and company thats coming.

Judy, Love the pic of the fur babies.

I got some crocheting done today on the baby blanket now to decide how to finish it off. The pattern calls for 1 1/2 inch squares and a few rows after that. Going to look on ravelry and see what others have done and go from there.

We might go to Maya's saturday for the night. They've invited us and a few others to watch MSU and Michigan's football game. DD and DIL are both MSU fans. Hubby is Michigan fan. Michigan is not doing well this year. We would like to go trick or treating with Maya to, but we can only do one weekend. Going to check out the weather forcast for Halloween and see how cold it's going to be.

We went up to see Gordy and Mary the other day. He is doing better than he was when he came home from the hospital, but not up to where he should be. He told hubby he's on his last leg. Hubby said this is how his dad was before he died. I never knew his dad.

Do you guys know there is an eclipse tomorrow just before sunset. Hope everyone is having a good week!

'Morning, all. ♥ 

Cindy ~ It sounds like you're having a house full this week!  Enjoy your time with family...I always feel like the house has to be sparkling clean for company, too. :)   Somehow, it's never as clean as it used to be, though. ;)

Marlene ~ Oh, please post pictures of the baby 'ghan!  I'm so glad you're able to get some crocheting done. :yes  Thank you for the heads up about the eclipse!

Hi to Judy, Joanne and the rest of the House, too!

The service on Monday was just as I pictured it.  The National Cemetery is beautiful and very quiet.  The Honor Guard was there and DD's hubby read the poems that mom and dad had requested.  Then we all met for lunch - Luke and Zach were both so good for such a long day. :c9

Josie (my oldest sister from VA) has been at Sue's and is coming here today for a couple days. 

Have a good Thursday, everyone. :manyheart

Morning, peeps!

Cindy, that blanket was enjoyable to make, too. It's nice when you can put something down for a few das and then pick it up again without losing a beat.

Mary, I'm so glad the ceremony was all you had hoped for...never easy...

Marlene, have you thought of the crab stitch to edge the blanket? I use it a lot.

Have a good day my friends. Off to get my roots touched up today and some brittle ends snipped.

Hi ladies, another busy day at work. I wasn't scheduled today, I worked for another nurse so she could go to a dr. appointment.

Mary, I'm glad to hear the memorial service went well. Sounds like Luke and Zach are real troopers.

Marlene, looking forward to seeing your baby ghan. One of my fellow nurses reminded us about the eclipse. It's really cloudy here, so I'm not sure what we'll see.

Judy, I like baby blankets that have easy to memorize patterns. I've learned that I'm much more likely to finish something that is a bit mindless. I might find it boring, and it might take a long time,but if I can pick it up and quickly figure out where I am, it will eventually get done.

Hi all

Mary- glad to hear the memorial went well. Enjoy the time with your sister

Marlene- glad you are able to crochet and can't wait to see pics of the baby Ghan. I agree with Judy. The crab stitch makes a nice border

Cindy. That was nice of you to work for your co worker I like mindless too. After working all day, I find it very relaxing to be able to pick up a project and just work on it

Speaking of mindless, back to the garter stitch afghan!!!!

Good Morning. :)

Judy ~ The squares are gorgeous!  You've really accomplished a lot in a short time. :yes

Cindy ~ I hope your company arrived safely and that you are having a good visit!

Hi Joanne ~ How much more do you have to go on the 'ghan?  Looking forward to pictures. :)

It was sunny until about an hour before the eclipse and then the clouds rolled in...bad timing. :lol

We're babysitting today while DD and her hubby go to the TCU game.  They are having a really good season!

Have a great Saturday! :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies. The sun is shining here, it's nearly 70 degrees and it's raining leaves! Our company left a short while ago and I've been busy cleaning up flowerbeds finally. It doesn't look like I've accomplished much because Everythibg is totally covered with leaves. It's way too windy to rake, and besides, DH is sick and it's a lot less work if he just blows them into the woods.

I'm done cleaning gardens for today though, my back is protesting loudly.

Mary, it was too cloudy to see the eclipse here too. Have fun with the boys,

Archived