Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning, House. :)

Hi Holly!  I hope things go smoothly at work.  Coming back from vacation to changes must be interesting! ;)   When do the girls go back to school?

Judy ~ 'Hope all is well with Sparkie now. :yes   Are you working on anything crochet-wise?

Marlene ~ You all have been so busy!  Maybe yesterday your body was telling you to rest - you deserve it! How long will your DS and the kids be there?

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful visit with family!

DH woke up Tuesday with a tooth hurting.  Our dentist was able to see us that afternoon and yesterday he had a very long procedure (root canal) at the endodontist.  We were there for 2½ hours.  :( 

I'm staying with the boys for a few hours today and that will be more fun. ;)

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning peeps,

Marlene I hope you're ok today.

Mary, I made a baby hat last week that I need to add a flower to. I hope to have a pile for my neighbor to look through to see what fits her petite 2 yo. There are also a couple of other toddler girls in the neighborhood who may be visited by the hat fairy.... Went to my friends house around the corner yesterday. The one I made the comfortghan for. She had someone else over and we all worked on knitting. My friend and I are new at it, the other lady is very good at it! I have my knit stitch (Garter?)scarf and my friend is using wool to make a ruffled scarf. Slow going for us...

I hope hubby isn't hurting too badly today after the dental work. Enjoy the boys!

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning ladies. Looks like summer weather has finally arrived here. We have only used our A/C a few days this summer, but it's been on since Monday now.

We went outlet mall shopping yesterday. I only bought some walking shoes and a Vera Bradley tote for oldest DD, who did not go. Youngest Dd bought all sorts of stuff. It was too hot to enjoy walking around there.

Craft wise, I am mostly alternating between a knit baby blanket, a knit hat and a crocheted shrug.

Well, I'm off to start laundry and vacuum.

Cindy, we've had a below average summer, temp wise. Only hit the 90's once so far this month, and the rest of the week will be in the high 70's at most. Humid, though, as is the norm for summers here.

Oh, Sparkie's breath seems bad one minute and a short time later is better....don't know what's with that, but otherwise he's good, thank heaven.

Laundry and making peanut butter dog cookies today

Good morning!

Can't believe it's Friday already! Yesterday, middle dd came over after working at her art camp job and youngest and the boys came over too. We headed down to the beach and brought a picnic dinner. The boys lived eating in the beach. We had such a fun time. Middle dd went Into the ocean but the rest of us were happy to walk along the beach and get our feet wet! Lol. On the way home we stopped for ice cream and middle dd stayed over and left for work from here.

Things are going back and forth with the owner of the house that dd is buying It's really a stressful time for them. I was glad that we had some fun yesterday.

Today I plan on doing laundry and the usual weekly cleaning so I won't have it do it on the weekend when DH is home.

While home this week, we had a guy come fix the railing on the front steps and another guy fix the drain in our tub. We had some issues with internet and it turns out the problem was outside so the cable engineer had to come and it's straightened out. He did say that he put in an order to have new underground lines put in That will take about two weeks but he said we should be fine in the meantime. So far so good.

It's hard to believe that kiddos are heading back to school. The kids here don't go back till after Labor Day. Dd starts her new teaching job on Thursday.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!!

Hi ladies,

Our internet went out and I can't get through to charter either. It goes directly to there business line instead of support. I'm checking in on my phone. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

'Morning, all. :)  

Marlene ~ Internet problems are no fun!  I hope they get it fixed very soon...I'm glad you let us know you're okay. :yes

Judy ~ Your knitting get together sounds really nice.  Peanut butter treats must have made Lucy and Sparkie very happy! 

Joanne ~ Oh, your DD and Sil must be ready for this to be over! :(   Is the seller just trying to drag this out?  I hope your internet continues to work okay.

Holly ~ I hope all is well at work with your new manager. :)

Hi Cindy!

It's been over 100* the last few days, so doing anything outside is not fun.  The drain hose for the dishwasher split and we had our own little swimming pool under the sink Friday...what a mess!  The plumber was able to come and replace it that afternoon, thank goodness.

I think we're staying in today - I really want some crochet time. :hook

Morning peeps,

Mary, the pups love the treats I made. I just have to remember to make more smaller sized ones for Miss Lucy. Her mouth is a lot smaller than Sparkie's! Stay cool today. We're supposed to get more hot and humid summer weather by the middle if the week. We pave actually been lucky and have been able to open the windows at night and keep the air off...all except last night when the neighborhood skunk made his presence known!

We had a leak coming from our dishwasher a while back that we had no idea bout. It was only when we ripped up the old kitchen floor to install the pergo that we saw the water. It seems to be coming from a side seal on the door that isn't flush. Haven't called the repairman...it always takes me days to fill it up, so it's no rush. Maybe before thanksgiving,...lol!

Marlene, fingers crossed that your internet gets back up.

I saw a small knitting group at the cafe in B&N yesterday. An instructor and 3 women about my age. They had small needles. Ick! Took the lady's card in case I want to really get into it.....

I went to Michaels and got some nice yarn for baby girl hats.

Joanne, we're going to the orchards today....going to get some of that coffee you mentioned last week!

post-8552-0-00258700-1408879125_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Marlene - sorry about the internet ---it's really no fun and so frustrating. Been there done that lol. So far ours is working good !

Mary- hope you get some hooking time today! Like Judy said, it's been a pretty good summer here and I've been loving not having to run the ac all the time. Glad you were able to get the dishwasher fixed

Judy- DD and I had gone to the orchards again on wed and bought more of the coffee. I'm really enjoying it! Nice yarn colors for hats! I've really been enjoying my simple knitting. I worked on the blanket while watching the Yankee game yesterday. Did you see the nice tribute to Joe Torre?

Cindy - hope you are having a good weekend

Holly- how are things going with the new manager?

Saw on fb that Linda is settling in to her new place. Hope she finds her way back to the ville

Marisa- thinking of you and hope all is well

Today is my last day of vacation. Back to the grind tomorrow so for today, it will be a nice, relaxing day!

Joanne, I saw a good chunk of the tribute yesterday before we went out. It was well done! I loved watching g Jeter while it was going on.

Enjoy your last peaceful day!

Good morning ladies. We have also been blessed by beautiful weather this summer. Our A/C has barely run at all. It's been really hot the past few days though.

Judy, I've made Sophie dog treats before. She acted like she really enjoyed them. I don't know why I don't do it more often, it's really not that much work.

Joanne, boo for the end of vacation....

Marlene, hopefully they can solve your internet issues.

Holly around here, public schools don't start until after Labor Day.

Mary, we have also had a dishwasher leak. I came gone one day to a lake in the kitchen. The hardwood floor has never quite recovered!

Judy, I've been doing a lot of knitting lately. Maybe because it's more challenging for me. If I want something done in a timely manner I go back to crochet though.

Have a great day, my friends!

Joanne, I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of toasted almond coffee from the orchards. Changing out the filter pod on the Keurig was not something to fear, after all! Delicious coffee!! This may end up being more than just an occasional treat!

Cindy, oh, yes, many times speed is vital when we have so many WIPS so then the hook has to come out. I love knitting with the more expensive yarn I have, though I'm not sure my scarf is going to be finished for this winter!

Judy. Glad you are enjoying the coffee. Think I'll go make a cup now!!! I probably never would have bought it if they didn't have samples of it the day we went. Both my dd and I decided to buy some because we felt like we were having a good humor toasted almond ice cream bar, without all the calories!

Cindy. If I have something that needs to be made quickly I also go back to the hook. But I really enjoy the rhythm of knitting

I stopped by to see the boys for a little bit. Read them a story before their naps. Came home and now going to watch the Yankees ans we all may go to the park later on since it's such a nice day

So far, things are good with the new manager. We are both on vacation this week, though, so it will be interesting to see the atmosphere when we get back. :)

I wish that our kids would go back after Labor Day. It seems pretty silly that we have 3 days and then a 3 day weekend. We're the last school in the county to start, though.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, The new is pretty and will make cute hats. I should try making Daisy some treats.

Mary, DS didn't end up coming until friday and left this afternoon. I watched the kids yesterday.

Joanne, Hope you had a nice relaxing day before you head back to work.

Cindy, I think tomorrow is going to be ac day here. It will only be the second time this summer we have had to use it. You were lucky your internet didn't go down to. It was a big outage. DS's inlaws live over at Bay City (2 1/2 hour drive) and they didn't have internet either. The strangest thing was when I tried calling Charter support, I would push number 2 then get cut off. Emme's folks said the same thing to.

Holly, Have a good vacation this week!

I'm wiped tonight. I think having 3 kids around tires me out and I hate saying that. It's like admitting I'm getting old and I'm not ready for that yet. I've always said they keep me young. I hemmed up a dress for Jocelyn today that Emme's mom made her. My sewing machine did some strange things. The thread hooked itself in the little slot you put it when your done with it. Then spool slide off so I put another little spool on next to it and put the little disc on. When I was almost done both spools flew right off. Scared me death. I have never had that machine or any other do that. I did finally get the hem in.

This is Maya's last week with us. She'll be going home next weekend.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Good Morning!  I hope everyone had a good weekend. School starts here today, so Gracie has already barked at one school bus. :lol

Marlene ~ So glad you have your internet back.  Don't feel bad about being tired - I'm still trying to learn that I can't do everything I used to. ;)  Luke and Zach wear me out after a few hours. lol  I hope you figure out the sewing machine issues!

Holly ~ Enjoy your vacation!  I agree about the odd schedules for starting school...I thought it was clever that Fort Worth is starting on a Monday. :) 

Joanne and Judy ~ You notice I'm not mentioning the Rangers this year - gee, I wonder why. :lol

Hi to those I've missed, too. ♥ 

Our bank is closing the branch where we have our safety dep. box, so we have to move to another branch today.  That and some grocery shopping is on the list.  I'm finished with a granny ripple 'ghan and definitely don't like the border, so will be working on figuring out a new one later. :)

Have a good day, all. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The only I could think of is the piece you put on to hold your spool on wasn't grabbing the spool because it is styrofoam.

We didn't get the rain forcasted for this afternoon. We just got the thunder and sprinkles. Storms are suppose to come tonight. It's been quite humid so the air is on. I told Maya to let me know what she wants to do before she goes home. She wants to loom knit. Her mom has friends expecting twin boys. They are MSU Spartan fans so we are making 2 green and white hats. One is halfway done. I found a video that a 10 year old girl made showing how to make it so we watched and I took notes. She's really enjoying doing it.

Washed the bedding today. Are friend Mary is having surgery tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good tuesday.

Hi Marlene!  Maya always sounds like such a doll. ♥  I need to google loom kniting - maybe I could manage that kind of knitting. ;)   I hope your storms aren't too bad.  How is Miss Daisy?

Time for supper...and it's 103* right now! :eek   No supper on the patio for us.

Fly by....here is miss Lucy, exhausted after pulling Sparkie's bedding apart, dragging it from behind my chair for the fourth time late yesterday.

post-8552-0-47303300-1409054527_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-23755400-1409054543_thumb.jpg

Judy, I didn't think that anything slowed Miss Lucy down!

Well, they talked me into staying late again today. I'm definitely too old for this! I have a couple of meetings tomorrow afternoon, and then I'm off until Saturday.

I am caught up on reading now, but too tired to respond. Have a good night ladies.

Hi house - I'm on my phone - DH is at an app't.

Judy - Such sweet pictures of Lucy :)

Cindy - I hope you can rest up soon!

Joanne - Glad you enjoyed CC Monday.

Will check in later.

Hi, Mary. Lucy is so used to getting her pic taken!

Cindy, Lucy had a busy day yesterday....car ride with her brother. Lots of time outside with me, too. The weather is so warm, it gets to them. They, and me, are looking forward to much cooler weather! A little snow might be a lot of fun, too.

Archived