Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Judy. Please don't say the snow word again at least for a few months. Lol. I enjoy cooler fall weather with out any snow. Lol

It's been super busy at work and I feel like I worked a full week already. Like Cindy, I'm too old for this.

Off to watch the Yankees for a bit, then call it a night

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies. I spent my day cleaning, baking and doing laundry. I also spent close to 4 hours in meetings this afternoon. Then I battled the 6 PM traffic from downtown. I've done that for the past three days. I generally come home around 4 and it's busy, but it's a lot worse at 6, which surprises me. Somehow I always assumed that it had died down by then.

One of Dh's clients brought me several giant zucchini last week, so I made some zucchini bread and shredded the rest for the freezer, I've never grown zucchini, but I've never suffered from a shortage of them either! Dh thinks we ought to grow them next year. I think he was impressed by the size of these suckers, because he's not interested in eating them in anything other than baked goods. Which reminds me: one of my co-workers brought zucchini crisp to work a few weeks ago. If she hadn't told us it was made with zucchini, we would have thought it was apple.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to have some time to craft. I've been making crochet covered hangers and I really like them. They keep my sweaters hanging straight and nothing slides off them. I gave dd a bunch for her birthday, and when ds saw them, he hinted that they would be great for his dress shirts. (He has a lot of them because he wears them to work.). I am thinking of making him a dozen or so for Christmas.

Hope everyone had a great day. Good night!

Morning peeps,

Cindy, those crocheted hanger covers are great. I have several in my closet. My MIL was taught how to do them many years ago.

Joanne, who we those Yankees last night! I almost thought Price's arm must have fallen off,he was so ineffective. I did feel badly for hi when he was booed off the mound.

Have a good day my friends..

Oh....I'm going through my pattern boxes. I still have many books, and quite a variety of patterns I'll probably never make, but I can't toss them. Anyone want me to see if I have something you may use? I will be keeping the baby patterns, but I have others I can part with....let me know. You guys have first pick. I really need to just keep what I realistically thing I will be making.

Good morning. It's a chilly 52 degrees here at the moment, but the sun is shining. I'm just about to send Neato out to vacuum. Guess I will have to clean the bathrooms myself, though.

Judy, regarding the patterns, I have to confess that I have more than enough. I ought to do just what you are doing. However I'm still collecting. I mostly make baby stuff, scarves, hats, dishcloths and an occasional afghan, shawl or cardigan, but this hasn't kept me from amassing stacks of magazines and printing out patterns for anything and everything, "just in case"! And recently, I started adding knitting patterns to my collection.

My first crocheted hanger covers were made from patterns I found online and were kind of like making a slip cover for the hanger. You made 2 halves, slipped them onto the hanger and then sewed them together down the middle. They were pretty time consuming so for the ones I made for DD, I just single crocheted all the way around and tied the ends around the hook in a bow. Much simpler and just as effective. And really, does a hanger need a scalloped edge along the bottom? It's probably never going to be seen.

Well, I suppose I ought to get moving here. Dd called and asked if she could come to dinner, since she needs to use our printer, so I ought to go find something to cook.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I ought to do the same thing you are with your patterns. But like Cindy I'm still collecting them. I have stopped buying magazines though. It's been a long time since I've crocheted a pattern from one of them. Nice pic of Lucy.

Mary, Daisy is doing good. I found a whole set of looms at Goodwill last summer real cheap. Are you on pinterest? I have loom knitting on there.

Cindy, I've been in that 6:00 traffic and it is crazy.

Joanne, I don't even want to think of snow yet either. Fall could hang around until december and I would be happy.

We went to the hospital with Mary tuesday. Glad we did. No one was with her. She sent Gordy and there son home there both nervous wrecks with this kind of stuff. There daughter is working 14 hour days. The cyst she had a couple of months ago was gone and they took her ovary out.

Yesterday we went back home and had visits with, MIL, BIL and SIL also had dinner with them. Stopped by my sisters then onto SD's. It was are granddaughter Karli's 18th birthday.

Today I'm doing laundry and have to get Maya packed up to go home. Were going to her house for the weekend. DS will be there tonight with the kids. Tomorrow he is reffing and I will watch the kids. When he's done he'll pick them up and head to Chicago for the rest of the weekend.

DS was in a car accident the other day with there work van. Someone was in a left lane to make a left turn and made a hard right hand turn from the left lane and ran him off the road. He was luck it wasn't any worse than it was. It broke off his mirror and damaged his bumper. He didn't get hurt nor did the 3 guys in the other truck. The body shop said there could be more damage, but they won't know until they take off the bumper.

I better go get busy. Hope everyone has a good day!

Good morning and happy last day of August!

Wow. Where did the summer go? Must say it's been one of the nicer ones in a while!

Yesterday dd and the boys came over in the afternoon and then stayed for dinner. They got their new closing date which is 9/29. So another month of waiting to move. I'll be glad and so will they when this is but a distant memory.

Today I'm going to a baby shower for the daughter of a good friend of mine. Other than that it should be a quiet day.

Marlene I'm glad that DS is alright!

Hi everyone.  I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday...it's been a crazy few days!

Joanne ~ Such good news that DD finally has the closing date!  I went to a baby shower yesterday and it was so nice.  The mom-to-be (another Joanne :)) and my DD have been good friends since grade school and this is her first. 

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so glad you were able to be with Mary. I hope you're having a wonderful time with family and thank goodness your DS is okay. :yes

Judy ~ You are so good to be sorting through patterns!  I used to keep things more organized in notebooks, but am very far behind on that. Thank you for offering, but I need to be doing the same thing. ;)

Cindy ~ I can't imagine what 52 degrees feels like!  We've had a milder summer than we've had in years...that means mid to upper 90's instead of 100's. :lol

Hi to the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart

My quiet little Etsy shop has been very busy - 4 sales in 3 days!  I will have them ready to mail Tuesday morning. :yes   It's a fun surprise everytime I have a sale. :)

Time to get busy.  Have a good day, all. ♥

Joanne, I hope the closing date goes through without any drama!

Mary, congrats on the sales! Your items show beautifully, so I'm not surprised.

I just wish I had the gumption to ditch old patterns...but it's always...I may get to it...or... Seriously though, I no longer make doilies, since the fine thread and hooks are no longer easy or fun to live with. I think I'

Ll see what I have in that area at least and post it for barter. I won't ask shipping, but may ask for yarn or a small gift card from michaels in exchange..lol!

So, this morning we made our second visit to DSs apartment to visit our grand kitty. She is a love, a Norwegian forest cat, I looked up the particulars in a book, and they crave company and return affection in kind. That's her in a nutshell. Such a gentle, sweet disposition. Next time he goes away we want to bring her home and set her up in a spare bedroom with all her things. We will spring for a thingie to attach to the bottom of the window, too, so she can watch the birds and trees outside. We hated leaving her!

Happy Labor Day!!!

I had a fun time at the baby shower. Thank goodness they had tents because we got quite the rain storm. It's another hot, humid day today. DH and I went to the outlets wand were there when they opened at 9. By the time we left at 10:30, it was starting to get crowded. We stopped at the farm market on the way home and we are in for the rest of the day!!!

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day!!!!

Hello ladies. Super busy weekend at work, so we opted to skip our planned flea market outing. Instead we went out to run a few errands, stopped by DD's and are having family over for dinner. It's raining hard here, and is hot and humid.

I've spent most of the day trying to speed up my laptop. Nothing seems to be helping so I decided to restore back to factory settings. I have everything backed up to an external hard drive. If this doesn't work, I may have to think about getting a new one.

Hope you are all enjoying the day.

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Thank you for the compliment.♥  Your DS's cat sounds like a sweetie...maybe she could give Zoe some tips on being more friendly. :lol

Joanne ~ Your day sounds great! 

Cindy ~ My last laptop finally got sooo slow, I had to get a new one. ;)   It took forever to do anything!  Have fun with family this evening. :yes

We've been here today - DH's back is finally okay and he's feeling like doing more things around here.  I'm always behind lately, but I'm learning to not worry so much.  Time for some crocheting!

Hi everyone!  Happy Labor Day!  I hope you are having a great holiday. 

It's been really busy here at home and I've not had time to get on the computer. School started on Aug 19.  The little one is in kindergarten again but at least this school has all day kindergarten, so we don't have to pay for a lot of day care now.  Oldest one is in 4th grade - where has the time gone?  they both love their new school and it's a brand new school as well. 

No time for crocheting for a while, so hopefully I'll get to do that soon.  Christmas will be here before I know it and I won't have anything done :(   But I've found plenty of patterns that I want to do but I've just got to have the time to do them. 

The new boss is really great and doing some great things with the church.  It's a joy to go to work now.  There's been a lot of good changes and I hope it will help the church to grow.

I'll try to catch up later on all the happenings   Hopefully I can get on here more now that we have settled things down some. 

Hugs to all of you!!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, So nice to see you back! Glad the boys are liking school and a new school has to give extra excitment to all the kids. Christmas will be here before we know it. You can just hear the happiness of you job. So happy for you that things worked out so well. You deserve a good boss and to want to go to work. Hope your back again soon. Life does have it's distractions though.

Cindy, Enjoy dinner with the family.

Joanne, Hope things go off without a hitch for DD.

Judy, The grandkitty sounds like a perfect cat.

Mary, Congratulations on the sales.

We are home now from Maya's house. We had a nice weekend there. I babysit 4 kids saturday. Boy was I glad when 3 of them left. Such a big difference from 1 to 4. Noise especially. Hubby and Maya's dad worked out in the yard all day sunday. There house is on a hill so the yard has two slopes. One out front by the road that one still has to be worked on and one by the driveway. DD worked all weekend. Maya and I went shopping yesterday. I seen a new pattern on redhearts website for a halloween wreath using orange and black sashay yarn. I just have to finish that baby blanket first. Sometimes being so close to the end is so far away.

Hope everyone has a good week!

I'm going to try to get in here more regularly. I just finished my 2nd week of summer vacation. This weekend was our family camping weekend and reunion. It's always a good time, but I'm tired! :) Tomorrow is back to work with all kinds of craziness.

Good morning ladies. It's a pretty day here, after yesterday's rain, heat and humidity.

Both DD's are coming over today, along with the grandsons. The girls are planning to assemble freezer meals for the three of us, and I think they expect me to help. I plan on playing with the boys. (Notice how they plan to mess up my kitchen,rather than their kitchens?)

Sherry, I'm so happy for you about the improvement at work. Sounds like you are enjoying it a lot more.

Holly, hopefully we will be seeing more of you in here. What are you working on now?

Mary, I forgot to congratulate you on your sales. I think I'd be excited about that! How are your grandsons? Glad to hear that your dh is feeling better.

Joanne, hope the house deal goes through this time. Poor dd and family. This must be stressful. Hope your work week goes well.

Judy, your grand cat sounds like a real love. We always had cats when we were kids and some if them were very loving, cuddly animals,while others were more independent.

Marlene, all your activity makes me tired!! I bet you will miss having Maya around. I am with you on watching a lot of kids. I love my grandsons, but after a few hours, I'm exhausted.

Hope Linda is settling in well. I'm not friends with her on Facebook, so I miss having contact with her.

Well, I'd best get moving, I ought to try to get at least a little something accomplished before the boys arrive.

Hi Ladies,,

Judy, Those hats are really cute!

Cindy, What freezer meals did you and the girls make? I haven't seen anything posted from Linda on facebook for maybe a week. Hope she's just busy making new friends and seeing family.

Holly, Hope you can come back more often to. Hope your work wasn't to crazy today.

We had a nice surprise today. Friends from Texas/Wisconson came across the UP (Upper Pennisula of Michigan) and stopped to visit there son in the UP then over to visit Joan (from Texas to) then came across the Mackinac Bridge to visit 2 other couples friday, another couple yesterday and today us. All of us from are park in Texas. It was so great to see them. We had a wonderful time. I knew they were in Michigan but didn't know there plans. With us gone over the weekend I was worried we would of missed them. They said they wouldn't of gone home without seeing us. Besides being great friends there like are parents. When we need to know how to fix something with are trailer/camping we call on them. They were right next door to us are first year in the park. They have a son named Tom that they say looks like my hubby and they call him Tom quite often. We took them to lunch over to Greenville to Huckleberry's (it's a nice clean bar that serves food). It's also the first place we went to for lunch when we first came up here. Good food! Then we went to the dime store. Lois hasn't been in one in years. She found some towels with roosters on them for her DIL to emborder on. Then we went for a ride to a really nice big lake and went around that.Then came back and they headed back to the campground there camping at.

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Hi all

Read through all the posts and it sounds like everyone is doing well. Ryan had his first day of pre k today and dd said he did good. No tears!!!he was a little shy and unsure but came out of school all smiles.

Cindy. I'm curious to hear what meals were made today!!! That's actually a great idea. Tonight I didn't feel like making dinner so we had breakfast for dinner lol

Marlene. Glad you got to see your friends from tx!

Holly. Hope it wasn't too stressful at work today

Sherry. You sound so much happier. I'm so glad that yiur new boss is working out and that you like your job again!!

Judy. The hats are adorable.

Mary. I think I forgot to compliment you on your sales too. That is awesome!!!!!

Have a good night everyone!!!

Good Morning! 

Judy ~ The hats are so cute. :c9   I love the way you used the ribbon with the flower.

Hi Sherry!  How wonderful that work is so much better. :clap   It must make a huge difference in your life and I'm so happy for you!  Your grandsons sound like they're happy guys. :)

Holly ~ I hope all is going well with the new school year.  Your camping/reunion trip sounds fun!

Cindy ~ How did the "assembly line" go in your kitchen?  Are you working a lot this week?

Marlene ~ Your time with Texas friends sounds super nice.  You all have met so many great people in your travels!  Has Maya started school yet?

Joanne ~ Thank you.♥  Our grandsons are growing up too fast!  I haven't seen them in a couple of weeks, but we'll see them tomorrow. :yes

A few weeks ago, I started waking up and 4:30 or 5 and now it seems to be a habit. :ohdear   Oh well, it's nice and quiet and I can get the laundry out of the way. :lol   Have a good day, everyone!

hi, ladies!

Thanks for the compliments...

Mary, the ribbon is part decoration...and part to help if there is a sizing issue! Wearables have never been my thing, so i add that in case the mom wants the hat to fit more snug. It makes it look super girlie, though - and the moms love it. You may borrow my idea for your stuff if you want ;)

Good morning. It looks like fall here, cold,dreary, drippy and very windy. Leaves are actually coming down in bunches. Heat is returning later today though. (Hard to believe, it's pretty chilly at the moment.)

On Tuesday, DD's and I made teriyaki meatballs, brown rice, (I use this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe.html but I substitute a bouillon cube for the salt. I make multiple recipes at a time, but I use a separate dish for each recipe), meatloaf, (just mixed and formed, but not baked), whole grain rolls, pulled pork, and a whole bunch of cooked chicken which we diced for soup and casseroles. We had pulled pork with the rolls yesterday. I didn't really care much for the pork, but dh did and dd said her family, even the boys, really liked it as well. Guess it's just me. I'm not crazy about spicy hot, and this recipe called for cayenne, black and white pepper, paprika, chilli powder, cumin and barbecue sauce.

I worked yesterday, which is my only scheduled day this week. No meetings this week either.

Marlene, how neat that you could meet up with Texas friends. Sounds like it was a fun time. I need to go visit that general store. I don't live that far from Greenville. (Maybe 15 miles)

Joanne, it doesn't seem like Ryan can be old enough to go to school yet, glad he enjoyed it. My grandsons are homeschooled, but are part of a homeschool group, so they attend certain classes away from home. Dd made them do some school all summer long. She said it was too hard to get them used to having lessons again when she gave them all summer off.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Maya started school tuesday. I talked to her that afternoon and enjoyed her day. She knows her teacher as she was a substitute teacher who got hired in. Most of the school knew when they got out of school last june who there teacher was going to be. But the teacher Maya would of had retired so her class had to wait all summer to find out who they would have. She likes her teacher.

Cindy, Thats a lot of cooking. I'm with you I don't like spicy hot either. The dime store has more yarn than Michaels or Joann's. If you go there let me know maybe we can meet up there. There starting craft groups up on wednesdays. Each wednesday is a different craft. The crocheting is the third wednesday of the month. I hope I can remember as I would like to go to it.

Joanne, It doesn't seem like Ryan is old enough to preschool. Good to here he liked it.

Today hubby had his ptsd appt. We called BIL and SIL and met them for dinner. We went to my favorite mexican restaurant.Hope everyone has a nice friday!

Good morning ladies. It's very hot and humid here today.

Dh and I had intended to go visit a new to us flea market, but neither one of us feels like walking around in this heat. The flea market is still running tomorrow, so we will see what tomorrow brings. It's not like I need to buy someone else's junk. But you never know......

Marlene, I will let you know if I ever go to the dime store. Is it pretty easy to find? Is the store where the craft group is? I certainly don't need any more yarn, but still, they might have something I can't live without!

I was in Joann's a few days ago and it looked like they had marked down a lot of yarn to 97 cents luckily every 97 cent bin was empty. I don't think I could've resisted that!

Well, I guess I ought to get busy.

Archived