Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy, your mom was sweet....I could see myself doing that too. As it is, when the pups want to stretch out against the base of our counter where we have kitchen stools all they have to do is play pointer and I go rearrange the stools. They have me trained well...lol!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, It sounds like you guys were lucky. Are neighbor said are power wasn't out for to long. We take two full days to get home. 

Holly, I hope Wayne is a good patient for you when he comes home.

Linda, Boy that was close on the yarn. 

Judy, We are getting that cold spell that Mary has. After a week on near and in the 80's this is not nice. It's just a reminder of what is ahead at home. lol

Mary, Congratulations on your sale! 

Lots of packing done today and laundry. Tomorrow I will pack the clothes, take my craft boxes out of the cupboards and get the car packed. We have to put stuff on the windows to. Bedding needs to be laundered to. My neighbors are leaving in the morning so I'll see if the parks wifi is working. If not I'll let you know when we get home or to Maya's. You should hear from me by saturday. Have a warm great week if I'm not back.

Marlene, hope you have a safe and easy trip home.

Mary, congratulations on your first sale!   :clap     :clap     :clap

Cindy, sorry about the change in the weather.  Maybe it will be the last hoorah for winter.

I hear you Mary and Marlene on the the cold snap.  It's to get back in the mid 30s here on Wednesday morning here.

Today was the first day of the new drawing class and we dove into water color pencils and how to use them with pen and ink to make wood effects in our drawings.  Jim came up with a new way to cheat on drawing fence posts.  (Tracing around his blender sharpener.)   :lol   Had us in stitches!  He also gave me some boxes and packing paper that he had left over from his last move.   :c9   It's that much less for me to buy.  He was just glad to get it out of his place and I was happy to get it.

Have a good Tuesday!   :ghug

Good morning. Work is overstaffed, so I got to stay home this morning. I may have to go in at 11. It's cold here this morning and there are close to 2 inches of snow on the ground. There are a lot of people without power here still, hopefully it warms up.

Since today is sort of bonus time, I think I will spend at least part of it crafting. Probably a little time on each of three different UFOs.

Linda, I have a set of watercolor pencils that I used back when I made a lot if cards. I was able to get some nice effects with them, just by trial and error. Learning to use them in class should give you lots more techniques than I was able to figure out.

Marlene, safe travels. I think it's supposed to warm up a bit by the end of the week.

Have a great day, ladies.

Morning all!

Cindy, I hope you get the whole day off...enjoy playing with your UFO's.

Marlene, safe trip back home.

Holly, I think dads love their girls...there can be such a special relationship between them. I'm sure they distracted him from any discomfort or pain he has, too.

We have strong wind gusts and high humidity this morning. By tomorrow morning northern parts of the stae may be seeing fat, wet snowflakes!

Hi all

Mary. Congrats in the sale !!!!

Marlene. Safe travels back home

Judy. Yucky day today, but because it was Passover there weren't the usual amount of cars so didn't affect my commute like it usually does.

Cindy. Hope you didn't have to into work and got to stay home crafting

Linda. That was nice that you got some free boxes. Enjoy your art classes with the colored pencils. Hope the rainy weather doesn't affect your joints too much.

Holly. Another day closer to DH coming home. -:)

Dinner is ready so off I go

Have a good night !!

Good morning ladies. It's cold but the sun is shining here and the last of the snow should disappear soon. I got up early, and believe it or not, I got right to the housework. Time for a coffee break now, though.

I had all day off yesterday, but I frittered it away with reading, napping, crafting, etc. I even served leftovers for dinner.

I'm having a time with that baby blanket I'm knitting. I keep getting extra stitches. So far I've been able to find and fix my mistakes, but it's time consuming. I guess it's better than dropping a stitch. I've learned that I need to concentrate on what I'm doing. I've been watching tv while I knit, and I guess I'm not ready for that yet!

Have a great day ladies.

Good Morning!  Just read through posts and hope to be home again by 4...

Cindy ~ So glad you all are safe after that terrible storm.

Holly ~ I hope Wayne is doing much better now! :manyheart

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip home. :yes  Maybe winter is about over in Michigan. :)

Hi to all - take care! ♥

Hi, ladies!!

Cindy, unless I'm doing garter stitch I can't follow a knit pattern with the tv on either...lol!

We had ice covering the cars this morning, but the sun is out. It dropped 50 degrees in two days!!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah!  It froze overnight here and I had thick frost on the car this morning to scrape off before taking Taylor to school.  After taking the car in three times they seem to have fixed the part that was making the check engine light come on.  I've driven two days now with it staying off, so took them in a chocolate creme cake as a thank you gift.  They do good work.

Slowly making progress on various projects.  The pollen count is making me a bit short of breath so I'm taking it slow.  

Linda, I have a set of watercolor pencils that I used back when I made a lot if cards. I was able to get some nice effects with them, just by trial and error. Learning to use them in class should give you lots more techniques than I was able to figure out.

Have a great day, ladies.

Cindy ~ It's truly amazing what you can do with these things.  I'm having fun experimenting.

Marlene ~  Safe journeys home.

Good morning. It looks like a nice spring day is in store for us.

Holly, I hope Wayne gets to come home Friday.

Dh and I are going to Shipshewana, Indiana today. It's a cute little town with lots of interesting shops. It also has a wonderful Amish bulk food store. Starting in May there is a gigantic weekly flea market there, and the town is packed with tourists. Hopefully it won't be too bad today.

Have a great day ladies.

I get to stay home today and it feels wonderful! :cheer

Holly ~ Oh, that's great news!  I hope all goes well and he's back home tomorrow. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Enjoy your trip to Indiana. :)   Yay for some nice weather - you all deserve it! 

Linda ~ Your car guys sound great and I'll bet they loved the cake. :yes   It sounds like you're still really loving drawing class!  That was so nice to get some boxes, too.

Joanne ~ How is the tendonitis?  I hope it's much better.  Do you have Easter plans?

Judy ~ Did you get finished with the RR?  I'm wanting to start something new, but really need to finish some things first.  (How many times have we all said that?   :lol)

Marlene ~ I'm not sure which day you left the coast - I hope you'll have good roads all the way home. :yes

DH was to have an appt. in Dallas today, but the guy decided he wanted to eat at his favorite Fort Worth restaurant.  So he is going to pick up DH at 11.  I was going to take DH to the train, but this saves me two trips downtown. :)

Time to get back to the laundry, desk, etc.  Have a good day, ladies. ♥♥♥

Hi ladies!

Mary, I'm making the border for the RR now. I wasn't sure how to end the color sequence but finally figured it out. I like the border I'm making. It's very girlie! Enjoy your break from chauffeur duties.

The rr is done! 51 inches so Abby can grow into it. I'm holding off on giving the baby boy ghan till her new one makes his appearance in July.

post-8552-0-84415000-1397775040_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-10466100-1397775054_thumb.jpg

Happy Friday!!!!

Gorgeous RR , Judy!!!! Love it!!!!!

Still have some lingering tendinitis although it's getting much, much better!!! I've been reading instead of crafting to really rest it. Last night I couldn't resist anymore and worked two rows of 225 stitches each on a knitted shawl. My elbow is not any worse this morning so that is a good thing.

hope today is the day Holly"s DH is home and that Marlene is almost back in michigan.

Cindy, Judy, Mary, Linda and everyone----- have a great " Good Friday ".

Morning peeps!

Joanne, good to hear your elbow is improving. And thanks for the compliment on the ghan. Next project will have to be something smaller...lol!

Holly, that's wonderful news!! All is right when dad is home.....

Have a great night my friends...I'm sitting here watching the Yankees play and working on my long neglected top-down shawl.

Archived