Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Holly, how scary!  Glad they were able to help her.

Had prayer shawl group tonight and took the spinning wheel to show the gals.  

I"m tired.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Hi peeps,

Holly, croup is scary - DS had it once but luckily a stemy bathroom and enough pounding on his back loosened everything enough so he didn't need a hospital visit. One scare is enough, but as with life, kids always find a way to add more gray haors to your head. Good luck with DH's surgery next week. Hugs to you.....

Joanne, I searched my stash and didn't have enough for the two strand ghan so i just went up to a j hook. Cushy without having big holes. I have some RHSS as well as Caron Pounders going in this one, so it won't feel skimpy. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure my hands could handle a large hook!

well, time to change the sheets and then check on the bread I have rising. Who knew that kneading bread was such an aerobic activity?? I may have to invest in a bread machine....LOL!

Just got a call from my DD.  Her mother-in-law died of a massive heart attack today.  It was totally unexpected although she has been under a lot of stress and strain in the last few years.  We were both looking forward to my moving up North and becoming good friends.  She has been my GS's special, close grandmother all of my GS's life and I know that he is going to miss her badly.  Please keep them and all of her family in your prayers.   :cry

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Prayers for DD and the family. You did a great job on the drawing and the shawl. The spinning wheel is beautiful. Your going to have lots of fun with it.

Holly, That would be scary. I'm glad she is feeling better.

Cindy, I just checked the weather under charters home page and it is going to warm it and be in the 60's by the time we get home. I hope it's true. Did you find any good bargins?

Judy, I have a bread machine that has never been out of the box. I had one and I had to return it. I guess I should get it out. Maya would love watching bread being made. Your rr is beautiful! I showed my friend Sandy the first 6 rows and she likes it. So she will be getting the pattern. 

Joanne, Your friday night and saturday plans sound like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

We went with some friends to a country music show last night. There was some great singers there. Today I went to the store and we had ladies night. We had 10 ladies there. Two of us crocheted, one did needle point, one got help with her computer and we did a lot of visiting. I ladies night has had a lot of cancellations because we had something else going on so they would move bingo in place of. It's a wonder we get a good turn out. The season is coming to and end soon and this, bingo and happy hour are the only things still going on. 

My friend who's husband was in the hospital. They are heading home tomorrow. A few days early, but he is feeling better so they need to go.

DD and Maya are going to florida with her friend and his son (he's the same age as Maya) and another frined. DD and her friend and the kids are in Georgia. Today was Colby's birthday and we was spending the day with his dad. Tomorrow they will continue on with there trip. They drove all night to Georgia and this morning Maya was sick. She missed her medicine she takes at night time, it was packed in the suitcase. We think she might of been car sick. DD said when she took Maya to the Mackinaw Bridge she got sick on the way home after eating and being in the car for 4 hours. The two hour drive to my house or her house doesn't bother though.  

DS, future DIL, and the kids are headed to Disney. They should be there tomorrow. 

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Good morning, just about to head out to work. We have new snow on the ground, not a lot, but everything is white. Marlene, I heard it will be in the 60s by the end of the coming week.

I ended up spending time with my inlaws yesterday. My mil is sick and my fil is too frail to do much. I made them a couple of meals and brought them over there. My bil is going to check on them a few times today. I think my mil just has a virus. She doesn't do sick well, though,so it's hard to really know how sick she is, and since she's 85, it worries me.

Linda, your spinning wheel is very attractive and your drawing is really good.

Well, better get moving.....

Good Morning, all. :)

Holly ~ Oh, I'm so glad Sami recovered quickly. :manyheart  

Linda ~ Please send our condolences to DD and GS. :hug    I know you're looking forward to being close to them...I'm so glad you decided to move to Iowa!

Judy ~ Looking forward to seeing another beautiful round ripple!  I can almost smell homemade bread. ;)  Do you have a favorite recipe?

Marlene ~ Have you all set a date to leave yet?  I hope Maya is okay - it sounds like all your kids are travelling right now!  I hope they have wonderful trips.

Cindy ~ I hope your MIL feels better soon. :manyheart   It's good that they have you all and other family close by. :yes

Joanne ~ Have fun this afternoon!

Hi to the rest of Our House, too!

SIL has been out of town since Tuesday.  DD isn't used to that!  We went over yesterday and they may come here after nap time this afternoon.  Meanwhile, it's laundry and a little cleaning for me.  Have a good morning, ladies. ♥♥♥

Morning, my friends.

Linda, that's so sad about DD's MIL....thank goodness GS will have you nearby very soon.

Mary, I have a very, very old bread cookbook I used. It's supposed to be Italian bread....but it seems heavier to me. Edible, but heavy. I have a recipe for sourdough starter and bread I want to try next. I don't have a bread machine, so do it the old fashioned way. Last time I made bread was when DS was an infant and mapping a lot. I was bored and hadn't become a crochet addict yet...lol!

Marlene, I used to get carsick as a kid. It was always I. Someone else's car, though since we didn't own one!

Working on the girl RR now. White, raspberry and petal pink...with a bit of Iris thrown in. Mom dresses the little girl in bright colors ;)

Have a good day my friends.

Cindy, it's so hard to watch MIL not feeling well....I remember how I felt watching mine decline. Hugs to you, hon.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope your MIL is feeling better real soon.

Joanne, I asked DD about Maya's april fools joke and she said Maya and her daddy made it up. 

Judy, Your next rr is going to bright and beautiful. My SIL buys frozen bread dough and goes from there to make it. She loves it!

Mary, Enjoy your visit with DD and the boys today. Hoping to leave here on the 15th. It depends on my last day of pt which is the week of the 15th. 

This morning we went up to the club house for breakfast burritos then we had breakfast for dinner. DD finished her trip to florida today. She said Maya said she wasn't feeling to well so she gave her some medicine and she was okay the rest of the trip. After having some hot humid 80* days we have cooled out for a couple of days and it feels good. That hot and humid isn't comfortable. Hope everyone has a nice sunday!

Hi, everyone.  I'm doing better today and GS was doing pretty well last night.  Sad and rather down, but that is to be expected.  When I checked in with DD he was snuggled up against DD and sleeping.  I am so glad that I will be up there soon.  And will be seeing them in June when I go up to apartment search and set up some other things, like a bank account, since my current bank doesn't have a branch up there.  Poor GS has lost so many grandparents in the last few years.  Today was another day when I wished I was already up there.  Thanks for all your support and prayers.  I'll pass the information on to DD.  Love you all.

I ran a lot of errands today.  I'm going to be helping out another lady who lives in the apartment complex a few hours a day 5 days a week.  She has a broken arm and is finding it very hard to cope at the moment.  She's in her 80s but normally very independent.  I'm also going to be ferrying a friend's daughter to and from school next week and maybe the rest of the school year.  And I'm getting paid for all of this which is even nicer.

One of the errands today was to get boxes and packing material for the move.  Progress is underway.  

Good morning

I won the door prize at the yarn tasting at the LYS!! The prize was a bag, a pair of addi lace knitting needles and a tee shirt. And of course I just had to buy a ball of the crazy zauberball yarn.

Today I'm going to visit with the boys in the afternoon Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can go for a walk

Linda. That's great that you will be able to earn some money while helping out!! Your gs is going to be so happy when you are living close by

Marlene enjoy the rest if your time in TX. Glad that maya is doing ok

Cindy, Judy, sherry, Mary, holly and everyone. Have a great Sunday

morning, peeps!

Marlene, frozen bread dough sounds like a plan!!

Linda, I love it when things fall into place...I'm sorry the lady broke her arm, but am so happy to hear you're making a little extra money.

Joanne, yay for the door prize! I haven't been back to Moore yarn in a long time. I get their updates and see all the things offered, but havent made the time to pop in. Enjoy the boys today - looks like a rain-free day!

Have a good one, my friends....hi to Mary, Cindy, Sherry, Holly and all those who haven't visited in a long time.....

Good Sunday morning, everyone. :rain  We are thrilled to be getting some rain!  It's so dry and the lakes just keep going down - we'll take whatever we can get!

Joanne ~ WTG on winning the the door prize!  My sister used to win everything there was to win and I've never won anything. :lol  Drawings at reunions, bingo games, store openings...she always won!

Linda ~ You'll be so busy the next few months, it will be moving time before you know it!  The extra money will be nice and you're helping people at the same time. :manyheart

Judy ~ My mom made bread all the time.  She used her Kitchen Aid with the dough hook and I wish I had paid more attention.  The colors for the little girl RR sound perfect! :c9

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope you can stay long enough to squeeze in some more PT, but I know you all are ready to be home!  So glad Maya is okay. :)

Holly ~ I wrote down the 8th for your hubby's surgery.?  We'll all be sending good thoughts and hugs. ♥♥♥

DD and the boys came over about 3 yesterday and it started raining at the same time.  Luke was so excited about riding his John Deere tractor to the park...instead we made "streets" on the floors with blue painters' tape and he rode his tricycle with Zach toddling along behind. :lol  Gracie was running around, too.  Crazy around here, but lots of fun. :D

The storms woke me up at 4, but I went back to bed and slept until 8:30!  Have a great day, all. :manyheart

Mary, the boys sound like such fun! Did you have boys, or just the one daughter? I just remember being tired a lot once DS became mobile.....and I was in my late 20's!

Good afternoon, everyone.  I'm going to be busy, that's for sure.  I've decided against the painting class.  Too many other things going on now and in the four months ahead.  It's okay though.  Drawing classes will continue.  And getting ready for the move has to take priority over some other things.  I'm moving ahead with the shawls on order too.  Some days I ache a lot and others it's not too bad.  And I guess that's a lot like life in general.  Good intermixed with not so good.

Take care and stay safe.  Hope you have a good day.

Hi again. :)   We've had beautiful rain today and there may be a little more tonight.  It's only in the 40's, so a pot of Taco soup is simmering and cornbread is ready to go in the oven.

Judy ~ Sarah is our only child. :manyheart  I was 24 when she was born and she sure kept us on our toes. ;)

Linda ~ You sound so organized and calm.  One more time, wish we were closer so I could help in some way. :yes

Holly ~ We're here for you and hope all goes well with the surgery Tuesday. :hug

Hi to everyone at Our House!

Have a good evening, all. ♥

Hi House. :) 

I'm taking Gracie to the vet at 9.  She was sick twice last Wed and has been fine so we just thought she ate too much mulch or something. (Our little scavenger ;))   Last night and this morning she did it again, so it's time to figure this out.  :( 

I started listing some items on Etsy over the weekend,  but want to add several more before opening.  It's really fun, once I got through the first one. :lol  

Have a good morning, everyone.  :manyheart    BBL

Mary, I hope Gracie is OK. Miss Lucy eats dirt, acorns, etc....an improvement over the landscape rocks she usd to eat as a pup, but still...we worry about it, though we can't stop her!

Good morning ladies. I was expecting a nice sunny morning, since that's what the forecast said. Instead, it's gloomy and drizzly. Oh well, that dust that bugged me so much yesterday, is barely visible. Dd stopped in to see mil yesterday and said she was much better. However today mil says she is sick again. The home care nurse was already scheduled to see her today. My guess is that she has a virus, a lot of people I work with had the same things that she is complaining of.

Work was busy this weekend, and I didn't sleep well, so I'm off to a slow start this morning. Sheets are in the washer and coffee is poured. It's 11 AM, and that's it so far. Dh is after me to pick a paint color for the living room. He says he wants to paint it this week. I have it narrowed down to two shades of the same neutral taupe-ish color. I'm not very house proud so I'm no too fussy. Might have to get dd to weigh in on the color.

Mary, looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop. Hope Gracie is okay.

Linda, it's great that you can be helpful and earn a bit at the same time. Your dgs will be really happy to have you living nearby.

Holly, good thoughts coming your way for Wayne's surgery.

Well, better get moving....

Archived