Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda, the handyman should be arrested....it's a controlled substance he stole, for Pete's sake!!!!! And the pharmacy must be taking idiot pills. Just get the doctor to change that prescription and flag yours as having no refills, in addition to the other precautions,

Ticks me off in a big way!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

That's the second day In A row I hit post instead of return and had to go back in to edit. Lol

Linda. I agree with Judy and Cindy. Hope the handyman is prosecuted. It's a crime to steal controlled substances. Hopefully your doc can get you set up

Cindy. Hope you feel better. It's the pits getting sick when the weather is nice. I have a ton of yarn too. We can get an intervention together. :-)

We had our driveway re done today. It looks so nice. Of course that means I park in the street for the next 3 days I'm spoiled pulling into the garage every day. Glad it's not supposed to rain.

Holly. I'm glad that Wayne is responding to the antibiotics. Hope he's home again soon.

Off to unwind. Have a good night everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Your shawl is beautiful!

Joanne, Glad your elbow is getting better.

Cindy, Hope your feeling better soon! I have lots of yarn to and a ton of patterns I have printed off over the years. Looking for a certain pattern and I'm thinking why did I think I need all of these patterns. 

Holly, I hope Wayne is better real soon and back home.

Linda, That handyman should be prosecuted. Where my MIL lives there manager was going into apartments and stealing drugs. Someone finally put up a camera and that is how they found out who it was. You can bet your not the only one it has happened to. 

Sherry,  I agree are technology is wonderful when it works.

Yesterday we went and visited some of hubby's family. Today I did laundry and unpacked my clothes. Doing some spring cleaning to. 

Tomorrow is DD's birthday. Maya and her daddy were going to bake her a cake. Today is her long day so she will be surprised when she comes home. Tomorrow were going to take MIL out to lunch. If my mom is home we'll stop by and see her.

Hope everyone has a nice thursday! 

Today was a mixed bag.  The doctor did give me a prescription for more pills.  But also told me to be more careful where I kept them.  My medicine cabinet, in My bathroom, in My apartment isn't good enough!  What do I have to do?  That should be a safe place.  Went by and talked to the apartment manager and she wanted to know if I was sure that they had been taken.  She even offered to help me look for them in the bathroom.  Was I SURE I hadn't just mislaid them?  She seemed to be more worried about losing the guy as the maintenance man, because he was a good worker, than about the fact that they were taken.  She did have me write up a letter about the incident to forward to the temp service.  The guy may not even lose his job!  I am ROYALLY UPSET!!!  It's as if it's all my fault!  I didn't leave them out in plain sight.  But it's my word against his I guess, and mine isn't so good when it reflects poorly on them.   :thair     :thair    :thair   Blast!!!

Linda, it's good your getting out of there....do they know you're moving? Maybe that's why they don't want to act on it.

Have a good day my friends.

Good Morning, House. :)  

Holly ~ Oh, that's good news that Wayne doesn't need another surgery.  Hopefully by tomorrow, he'll be home and really on the mend this time. :hug

Linda ~ I feel so bad that you've had to go through this. :(   I know the saying "bad things happen to good people" is overused, but it's so true!  When our last house sold on the first day it was on the market, we leased a townhome while house hunting.  My engagement ring was missing from a dresser drawer on the same day the maintenance guy was there...of course we had no "real proof" and they didn't fire the guy, but at least the renter's insurance covered it.  Hugs coming your way. :hug

Cindy ~ You had a really productive sewing and cleaning day!  An intervention? :lol   Guess it wouldn't work for all of us to come...we're such good enablers. :D

Marlene ~ After being gone for months, it must feel good to be catching up with friends and family!  :cake  Happy Birthday to your DD!

Hi to everyone I've missed.  We were gone most of yesterday and I need to get busy.  Have a good morning, all. :manyheart

So....Last night I needed something to do that was mindless and picked up a small skein of light variegated baby yarn and began to make saltines....lol!

Fellow enablers...unite! Anyone else want to make squares? They don't have to be saltines.....but you have to admit they are cute after they're all put together :)

Thanks for letting me vent.  I have an eye exam. this afternoon.  

My A1c dropped from 7.7 to 6.8 but she wants it lower still.  And she still wants me to lose more weight.  I told her that 600 calories was leaving me starved and tired all the time.  Her reply, "Of course, you're going to be hungry.  Just space it out so that you are eating a little something every two hours."  100 calories doesn't give much leeway, even if it's every two hours.  Sheesh!!!!

Enablers Unite indeed.  I have three shawls in the works and just bought some RH Boutique Unforgettable in dragonfly.  I'd like to make that up for me.  Who knows?  It'll probably end up with someone wanting to buy it.  I have the back of the Celtic Knot shawl down to the last 7 rows.  Then it's just the wings.  Looks like I'll make the deadline on that one handily.  You know if we all got together we'd just talk and crochet all day long.   :lol

Hi ladies. I felt quite a bit better this morning, so I went garage saling. I bought several pairs of winter boots for the boys, as well as some crocs and sandals. I also picked up a couple of pairs of brand new tennis shoes for them. I got myself a set of snowmen dishes, still in their original boxes. I didn't feel so good anymore after a few hours of that, but I still managed to do three loads of laundry and bake loaf of Dutch spice cake this afternoon. Dh is grilling burgers for dinner.

At those garage sales, I managed to resist yarn, ($1 a skein for red heart, simply soft and Caron.), pattern books,fabric, more pattern books, etc. Maybe I won't need an intervention after all. Now, if that yarn had been 50 cents a skein.......all bets are off.

Linda, wouldn't it be fun if we could all get together and crochet?

Judy, I have three square projects going, and you know how I feel about sewing them together.............

Well, burgers are on the grill, better go make a salad, so it looks like I had a plan for dinner!

Linda, I just realized that you are only eating 600 calories a day. I can't believe that that's enough for a grown up on a daily basis. (Unless maybe you are three feet tall and weigh 60 pounds.). I've heard that starvation diets actually cause your metabolism to slow down so as to conserve what little energy it has. I don't know if that's actually true or not. Has your dr ever considered sending you to a dietician?

I have trouble sticking to around 1500 calories a day.............

Cindy, I told the doctor that the dietician has said not less than 1100-1200 calories a day, but that didn't seem to mean anything to her.  Sigh!  Sometimes I wish they would agree on something/anything.  The eye exam. went very well and that doctor was very, very positive about how I'm doing with an A1C of just 6.8.  He said I was doing an excellent job of managing my diabetes and he wished that more of his patients did as well I am.  NO diabetic problems with my eyes.  Yes, I do have the beginnings of catarracts, but they haven't even reached the stage where they are rated.  And there were a few changes with my vision, but not enough to warrant new glasses.  Yay!  That's an expense that I don't have to worry about for a while yet.

Off to prayer shawl meeting in a little while.

Cindy, what are you going to do with the squares when you have a big pile of them?

Linda, personally, I would listen to the dietician. LIke when I have a question about medication....I always ask the pharmacist, not the doctor. Great news about your eye exam!!

Enjoy the shawl meeting.

Cindy, you inspire me .....I haven't knit in a while and really should keep up the practice or I'll always be slower than a snail!

Have a great night!

Quick stop in to say hi Yankee Red Sox game just started.

Linda. I would listen to the dietician. And your a1c is awesome. Keep it up!!!!

Judy. I Am not really a fan of joining the squares. Maybe I should learn join as you go. Lol. I'm having fun with the knitting now. And still have to finish the crochet baby blanket.

Cindy. Glad you are feeling better and you got some great deals at the garage sales!!!!

Mary. Hope u got a little me time today

Holly hope that Wayne is on the road to recovery for good and is home tomorrow

Marlene. Happy birthday to your dd.

Today is the 50th anniversary of the worlds fair. I remember it well and going with my family. I was 8 years old. Wow where have the years gone?

Have a good night and happy early Friday!!!

Joanne, I remember the fair....I was 15 and flirted with a sailor at one of the exhibits. I was a tad precocious...lol!

Holly ~ Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well now. :hug  Thank you so much for the update!  I hope you and the girls are okay, too. :manyheart

It's been a very long day, so I'll catch up with everything tomorrow. :yes

morning, peeps!

Holly, that's wonderful news. Hopefully that's the end of any glitches!

Hi, Joanne, that was some Yankee game! Another marathon, almost 4 hours long, too!

Hi, Mary, Linda, Cindy, Sherry and everyone...have agreat day!

Hi House.  I'm missing you all! :manyheart   Yesterday was not a great day and today wasn't either.  This too shall pass...more family issues and a long drive. :(    I'm so tired but I wanted to say "Hi" and I hope everyone is okay. ♥♥♥

Thanks for the hugs, Judy. ♥

My brother is in ICU and not responding to anything or anyone.  They've done every test there is and are tentively calling it brain damage possibly caused by drugs and alcohol poisoning. :(   As many of you know, this isn't a surprise but it's so very sad.  He has no will or even a Hippa form, but thankfully the hospital is sharing everything with Sue and I.  If he makes it to Monday, we will contact the lawyer (same one who did our parents' probates) and start proceedings for one of us to be appointed  guardian so we can legallly take care of things.

So...I may be gone quite a bit.  I would rather be here and crocheting. :)

Archived