Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Holly ~ Such good news!  I hope the rest of his recovery goes smoothly. :yes

Joanne ~ That sure sounds like a lot of knitting to me! ;)   Of course, it would take me several hours to start that shawl!

We have the Rangers' game on...so far, so good. :)

I ran several errands today and crocheted for about 30 minutes.  Dishwasher is running, so maybe I'll spend some more time with my hook and yarn.  See you all tomorrow.. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. Sun is shining, everything is beginning to look green, maybe spring is finally here.

Holly, good news about dh!

So far today I have baked coconut squares and almond bars to take over to my inlaws tonight. I have Neato vacuuming upstairs and I'm vacuuming downstairs. (Neato needs a bit of help, since he cuts corners and can't get under low furniture). Every other time I run the vacuum, I do one floor myself and Neato does the other. I also have three loads of laundry just about done, this afternoon, I'll be working outside. I also want to get some dinner prep done for tomorrow. Tonight we are going to dinner with my bil and sil and then visiting the inlaws.

Well, better get back to work. Have a good day.

Hi Ladies,

We arrived at Maya's yesterday afternoon. Found out some sad news. My cousin lost her husband to cancer this week. My gf father had surgery due to bleeding from his brain. He had surgery and everything is okay. I'll catch up later. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Welcome back, Marlene!  I'm glad you arrived safely and I know that Maya must be so excited!  Sending prayers to your cousin. :hug

Cindy ~ Sounds like a very busy day for you!  Oh, I hope you've seen the last of the really cold stuff. :yes

Hi to the rest of Our House, too!

Our weather is gorgeous, but I'm staying in for most of it.  I really need some time in the office and DH isn't in there today. ;)

Glad you are safe and sound at Maya's , Marlene So sorry to hear about your cousin

Mary. Hope you didn't spend too much time on the office. Our weather was very nice today so after doing the grocery shopping and laundry we went for a walk. I did a little bit of cleaning. Just enough. Didn't want to not be outside on such a nice day.

Cindy. Have fun tonight. Will you be seeing the grands tomorrow? We are going to my dd mil house and of course the Easter bunny will be stopping here tonight. I'm hoping the boys come here in the morning to see the goodies. Mostly books and toys and clothes. The toys will stay here since some of them are for the pool.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day

Happy Easter, House! :manyheart

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!  DD and her DH are spending most of the weekend with friends, so I'm not sure if we'll see the boys today or not.  It may just be a quiet day here and that's fine, too.  We're so lucky to see them on a regular basis. :yes

I made lots of little squares yesterday, but have run out of one color before I can do more joining.  Joann's is closed today, so I will probably go tomorrow. :)  

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Great news that DH is home.

Linda, You might check craigslist for your area, you might find free boxes on there. I've seen them listed before when checking things out under the free section.

We had Easter dinner at DD's and DS came with the kids. Maya was excited to see us as we were her. We stopped by SD's and met are new great grandson Bentley. 

Trying to help hubby so I'll be back later. Have a nice day everyone!

Good Morning!

Marlene ~ so glad you got to see the grandkids and your new great grandson! :c9

Linda ~ We've missed you - I hope you're okay. :manyheart

Errands this morning and then I'll be working on DH's paperwork.  Maybe some crochet time later. :)

Hi ladies. We had a fun busy weekend. Thursday we went to Shipshewana all day. On Friday there was the neighbors alpaca shearing and having the grandsons over for the afternoon. Saturday was yard work and housework. Sunday, church and family dinner. Today and tomorrow I work. I had a great day at work today. But I'm really tired. I guess I'm getting too old for so much busyness!

Marlene, glad you made it home safely. Looks like you brought spring with you!

Judy, that shawl is beautiful! Is it for you?

Cindy, it sounds like too much activity for me, too!

And yes, the shawl is for me. I love turquoise in any shade or version of the color! I was wearing a long summer dress today, sleeveless, and strictly at home wear.....and when I wore the shawl out in the yard it complimented the turquoise dress with its thin navy stripes....oh, and I was wearing my turquoise croc flip flops. This was a UFO for quite a while. So glad I finished it for this time of year.

Have a great nite, my friends.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! 

Judy - beautiful shawl!!

Our internet stopped working the next day after it was repaired.  They finally sent someone out yesterday (yes on Easter) and he thought he found the problem.  But it couldn't be fixed until today.  So, here I am, the internet is working fast (like it's supposed to).  Also, we got new phones and couldn't get anything to download, but now we're able to do that as well.  Technology's a wonderful thing--when it works LOL.

I hope all of you are doing well.  I'll try to catch up later tonight or tomorrow.  It's been a very long day--had another meeting tonight, :(  but at least it wasn't a real long one.  Things are still somewhat stressful and probably will be until the new pastor comes in which will be in June.

Enjoy your evening and rest well friends!!  Hugs to all.

Well, my plans didn't work out today. At 2:30, Wayne called me at work and wanted me to take him to the ER. He had pain in his shoulder and left arm and the home healthcare nurse had been unhappy with the look of his incision. Long story made short, he has an infection and is being taken by ambulance back to one of the hospitals his surgeon works out of and is probably have surgery early in the morning.

Good morning....

Holly, that can be a worry after surgery....positive thoughts and prayers it all goes well. Hugs to you and the girls.

Our internet stopped working the next day after it was repaired.  They finally sent someone out yesterday (yes on Easter) and he thought he found the problem.  But it couldn't be fixed until today.  So, here I am, the internet is working fast (like it's supposed to).  Also, we got new phones and couldn't get anything to download, but now we're able to do that as well.  Technology's a wonderful thing--when it works LOL.

Yay for having everything working again!  I think we can all agree with the last sentence. :lol

Holly, I'm so sorry about Wayne's setback. :hug   Take care of you, too. :manyheart

Cindy ~ No wonder you were tired yesterday!  It sounds like a really fun few days, though. :yes

Judy ~ I'll bet you get lots of compliments on the shawl!  You've finished several things lately - way to go! :)

Trying to wade through my "to do" list, but would rather be playing outside. ;)   Have a good afternoon, all. ♥♥♥

Shoot!  Just lost my post.  Oh, well.  I'm fine.  I've just been really busy.

Holly, it was good that Wayne got home, but not so good that he has an infection and needs more surgery.  Praying for all of you.

Marlene, congratulations on getting safely back to Michigan.

Beautiful shawl, Judy.

Abby's rr is awesome.

Mary, now that I've finished these projects....and discovered I can no longer work with thread...I'm at lose ends. I have the cushion project coming from across the pond (Lucy's pattern), but that will be a while getting here. I could make some nice squares using my scrap yarn and the many patterns I have on hand but at the moment have no interest. My crochet mojo has up and left the premises.

So, I started the first of a pile of books my friend left for me. Iris Johansen's "Hunting Eve"

Can. Not. Put. It. Down.

Hi all

Judy I love the shawl. I've been reading a lot too. I took 3 more of the Maggie sefton books out of the library. I've already read 5 of them. Lol. I'm addicted to them.

Sherry. Glad to see you back and I agree technology IS a wonderful thing when it works. Hope that once the new pastor is there, that things will calm down for you at work

Mary. Did u get to play outside today?

Cindy sounds like you have been busy between work and fun things.

Marlene I can only imagine how happy Maya must be now that you're back home in Michigan

Linda. Good to see your post. How are the art classes coming along?

I'm finally getting over this bout of bronchitis And the elbow is 90 percent better. I've been knitting. And crocheting. And taking reading breaks.

Holly. So sorry to hear about Wayne's setback. Hugs and positive thoughts that all will be well soon.

Tonight there are a lot of local sports teams on but I'll be watching the Yankees and Red Sox

Speaking of Red Sox, I'm heading to Boston this weekend to visit with my dd. :-)

Off to if finish cooking dinner

Have a good night nd happy hump day tomorrow

Thanks for all the prayers! Today the thought seems to be that it’s not an infection, but actually just fluid buildup. They may at some point need to drain it, but not a full blown surgery.  Of course, they’ve been pumping antibiotics through the IV all day and it’s looking lots better. So who knows?

Holly, I'm so glad that things are looking better for Wayne.  Keeping you all in my prayers.

The new set of art classes has begun.  My spring allergies are awful    :sick  which is making it hard to concentrate on the techniques but I'm plugging away at it.  I was just getting to the point of beginning to understand colored pencils and now we're on to watercolor pencils and pen and ink detailing.  My head is swimming and I'm feeling rather lost.  Monday's class did help clear a little of it up, I think.  At least I'm now able to take the next step forward with the home project.  I've ordered a copy of one of the teacher's resource books on how to do weathered wood, metal, and stones in watercolor, pen, and ink.  Hopefully it will arrive sooner rather than later.

So, I started the first of a pile of books my friend left for me. Iris Johansen's "Hunting Eve"
Can. Not. Put. It. Down.

I like books like that, but it's hard on my getting other things done.   :lol

I see my primary doctor today.  A good thing since the apartment handyman was doing work in my bathroom and took my bottle of pain pills out of my medicine cabinet.  He got half a month's worth of pills, leaving me with none.  There was a refill on it, but it's too soon to have it filled again.  I talked to the pharmacy and hopefully have it set up so that he can't take advantage of that.  They've marked it that I'm the only one who can get it filled and only with a picture ID.  I am NOT a happy camper.   :thair    I am hoping that he loses his job at the very least.  No one was in the office yesterday, but I left a message for the manager.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning. It's a bright sunny day here, but unfortunately, I am sick again. I made it through the entire long, cold winter without so much as a sniffle, and now this is the second virus I've picked up in three weeks. It's not terrible, sore throat, headache, and fatigue. My eyes are puffy too. I don't usually have much trouble with allergies, but I've heard that this is a bad spring for them. Luckily, I don't work again until Saturday.

I was on call yesterday, and decided to sew. I have a skirt half done, but I'm up to the zipper and I can't find one to match in my collection. If Motrin makes me feel better, I'm going to go in to work for a meeting this afternoon, and I may stop and pick one up then. Otherwise it will have to wait.

I spent some time yesterday cleaning my sewing room, which is also where I store my yarn and hide the UFOs that I'm tired of. I'm more than a little ashamed of myself. I have tons of yarn, boxes full of fabric, and so many UFOs that I couldn't finish them in a year, even if I worked at them 8 hours a day. I think I need an intervention.

Linda, that's awful about the handyman. He ought to be prosecuted. Hope the dr can get you enough pills to get through the month somehow.

Holly, I hope Wayne doesn't have an issue that will require more surgery. It does kind of sound like it might be an infection if it's looking better with antibiotics.

Judy, I go in spurts with reading. I just noticed that I have nearly $7 credit in a B and N gift card, so I've been shopping for books this morning. Haven't decided on any yet though.

Joanne, I'm glad your tendonitis feels better, and that you can craft a bit. Hope it continues to improve.

Sherry, hang in there at work. Hopefully the new pastor will get things back on an even keel.

Hi Mary, Marlene and everyone else.

Archived