Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, all.  Turns out one of the houses I took pictures of belonged to the uncle of one of the gals in my drawing class.  She could tell me what each of the rooms were when it was still in use.  Who would have guessed it?  Oh, and my drawing pencils arrived today.  Yay!!!

My class project turned out great.  I'll take a picture later.  I'm pleased.

The husband one of my good friends is in the hospital and very, very sick. Please keep the family in your prayers.That's all I can say for now.  He's in the cardiac ICU.  They're still trying to get hold of all the family members.

I've almost finished with the second skein of the red yarn.  One more to go.  

I've been having a terrible time sleeping lately.  Hoping for a better night tonight.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was back to work for me, back to school for Alicia, and back to Grandma’s during the day for Sami. I think we all had a good day. I had my annual evaluation and it was a good one. One of these days I’ll have to learn a  second language so that I can get an outstanding in one of the categories. Until then, I’ll live with the very good. Lol. There are lots of changes coming in library world over the next few months, so it could be interesting to see where I am the next time evaluations come around.

We had another gorgeous day here. It’s supposed to cool down over the next couple of days, but still be above freezing, so I won’t complain.

Linda – Praying for your friend’s husband and the whole family.

Good morning.

Linda. Prayers for your friend and family. Can't wait to see the pictures. That is so neat that you found out a little history on one of those houses. Hope you slept well

Mary, it sounds like Luke had a wonderful party!!

Cindy. Sitting out in the porch sounds heavenly!!!

Marlene. That's wonderful news about the relay for life!!!

Judy. It was so nice to come out of work into sunshine. I just knew the sun would come out on Monday lol.

Time to get ready for another day. I try to get in early to make up the time I miss when I go to pt. And I would rather make it Jo in the beginning if the day so I can leave on time.

Have a good day!!!

Hi House. :)

Holly ~ Congratulations on your evaluation results! :clap  So glad you're finally having good weather. :yes

Linda ~ Sending prayers for your friend's husband and their family. :hug   Yay for getting your drawing pencils!  I'm confused (nothing new :lol) about what you're making with the red yarn?  How is the black shawl coming along?

Joanne ~ I hope PT goes well today. :)

Cindy ~ Are you working a lot this week?  I hope the achiness isn't too bad.

Judy ~ Thank you!  I often think of so many of our friends that we haven't heard from and hope all is going well for them. :)

Marlene ~ Wow!  You all raised a lot of money for such a good cause. :cheer  I don't blame you for wanting to stay at the coast a bit longer...April and October used to be our favorite times to be there.  I hope your hand and arm continue to improve. :manyheart

DH has an appt. at 9 and another one at 1:30.  Like Linda, I haven't been sleeping well.  So I've been cleaning kitchen cabinets and my laundry room this a.m. :lol   Have a good morning, all! ♥♥♥

Good morning.  I took an extra pill last night for sleep and had a good night once Sweet Pea quieted down and the pills kicked in.  I'm having a lot of back pain, so the heating pads are getting quite a workout.  

Mary, I've got three shawls in the works using the pattern of the one Cydney bought.  I have one in purple & white and one in black & white that are both using the lace weight yarns & thread and one in red & white that is using fingering weight yarn & thread.  The red & white one is getting close to full size.  It uses a size K hook so goes much faster than the other two.

I talked to my drawing instructor about taking a painting class from her before I leave, but I don't think I'll do it.  My time is getting spread pretty thin as it is with starting to get shawl orders and all the other crafts I'm doing along with the drawing.  And the drawing is what I'm drawn to first and foremost.  Still thinking though.  Any thoughts?  I'm open to suggestions on this one.

Holly, congratulations on the eval.  That's great!   :clap

I'm trying to decide what to do today.  

Joanne and Marlene, I'm so glad that the pt is working for both of you.

Marlene, you guys did great at raising money for the Race for Life.  Congratulations!   :clap

Happy April Fool's day to everyone.  I'm not much into the pulling pranks, so just wishing you all a good day.   :manyheart

We're back from app't. #1.  I think we'll go out for lunch on the way to the next one. :)  

Linda, all three color combos sound lovely...only you could have 3 shawls going at once. :wink:D  As for the painting class, it sounds great!  You may have to draw straws to make a decision. :lol

Thank goodness for crochet take along projects!  I have a scarf in one tote and a washcloth/dishcloth in another.  DD asked me last fall for some cotton washcloths and loves them, so I've been making a few while waiting for DH.

Linda, maybe give the painting a shot? Depends on how long the class is, I guess. Same instructor? If so, it might be worth it to see where it takes you.

Hello house. Cold here today and blustery. Kind of disappointing after yesterday.

I worked today. I started out on call, got called in early, spent a few hours in my own unit, and then when our admissions were stable and settled, I went to the cardiac ICU to take an admission. That one wasn't stable yet when I left. Tomorrow I teach a class all day.

Linda, I think I might choose to focus on the drawing if you are already pressed for time. Either way though, you can't lose, you love the drawing already and are evidently interested in painting as well. Do you know if you will be able to continue on with these things in Iowa? If you aren't sure, then you may want to give painting a try before you move. I think that even a few classes would be helpful, if it turns out that you will have to learn more on your own.

Mary, I need to find a couple of small take along projects. Right now I'm trying to finish WIPs and they are all either quite large or I need 4 skeins of yarn for them.

Holly, congrats on a good evaluation.

Marlene, your group certainly did well for Relay for Life!

Hi Ladies,

Here is Maya's april fools joke on me and grandpa. Her Mom calls and says you won't believe what your granddaughter told me today. 

Me: I don't know what.

DD: She has a boyfriend and he kissed her. You need to talk to her about this. She's says she's had this boyfriend for a month. DD asked her a month ago if she had a boyfriend and she said no. Maya is in the background saying daddy knew. DD says you mean you and daddy have been keeping secrets from mommy. Here you talk to her.

Me: Maya gets on the phone and I tell her to get her mom back on the phone. She comes back on. I tell her I had a boyfriend between K and 2nd grade so I don't know what you want me to say to her. 

DD: Talk to her about him kissing her.

Me: I asked how long you had the boyfriend.   Maya: A month

Me: What's his name?   Maya: Brandon

Me: Why do you want a boyfriend? Why not him be a boy and just be your friend? 

Maya: Because I have one. She was thinking about the second question then said she probably could.

Me: I told her you don't need a boyfriend until your out of high school.

Maya: You had one in 1st grade.

Me: Do you know what happens when you have a boyfriend?  Maya: No, what?

Me: If you have a boyfriend this young he won't be your boyfriend for the rest of your life and he will break your heart, because one day he will find a new girlfriend. That's what happens between boyfriends and girlfriends. Someone always gets there heart broken and then you'll be crying about it.

Me: Do you hold hands?  Maya: Yes

Me: Did he kiss you?   Maya: Yes

Maya:  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol   Ha Ha grandma april fools!!

Me: I had no clue from her Mom that is was a prank. I told Maya she got me good. She was laughing her head off. 

Well, I've been MIA for a while.  Between the stress at work and my thyroid being messed up, I'm so tired by the end of the day I have no energy to either crochet or get on here for a few minutes.  The thyroid was too high (which means I'm not getting enough meds, so the dr upped my dose) but it takes a while for things to change.  I go back the last week of April and be retested  :(    I was hoping yesterday would be the big day but it was changed to this Thursday. 

Everyone has been busy!!!  I can't even remember everything!  But I'm sure glad I came in and read tonight.  Maybe tomorrow night I'll be a little more rested and more interested in doing something.

I don't remember if I said, but I finished the prayer shawl for the "new" pastor that I work with.  I need to update my list and my signature as I've done a couple more of them.

Youngest DD has had a migraine since Saturday morning.  She's missed work the last two afternoons (a room full of 2 year olds and a migraine do not go well together).  Hopefully tomorrow will be better for her.  She's not had one this bad in a long time. 

Well, I'd better go and get ready to relax.  I've had the boys tonight--little one was really tired and cried and cried at bedtime.  He's still having a tough time with all the changes but he does seem to do better now, not as clingy.

Have a great evening all!!  Hugs to all of you!!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Hope you get some rest tonight. Prayers for your friend and her family. Tough decision on whether or not to take some painting classes. If I can't decide on something, I ask myself if I don't am I going to wish I did. If my answer is yes then I do it or buy it. If you've always wanted to I would go for it. 

Mary, Hope you can get some sleep tonight to. I take a project along with to, to appts. 

Holly, Congrats on the great evaluation!

Sherry, Hope you, DD and DGS feel better soon. 

Hi to the rest of the house! Today I spent the afternoon putting are tax stuff together so I can do them. Tomorrow and the net day are suppose to be 86 and 88 and I need to do laundry. So I'm going to do it early in the morning before going to crafts and pt in the afternoon.

Hope everyone enjoyed Maya's story. Everyone on the relay for life team worked hard to raise that money. I was asked if I wanted to join and I told them no. Working in the kitchen is enough for me especially when we have to work 2 days in a row for a meal.

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Hi, all.  I slept very well last night and then took a nap in the afternoon as well.  Today I got my spinning wheel! :c9  I am so excited! :manyheart  I went over to Rosie and John's tonight and opened it there and figured out the few things that I had to do to get it ready to go.  It's now sitting in it's travel bag and ready to go.  Just have to oil it and attach a leader.  Tomorrow.   :P

Marlene, I like your advise on the class and I think I'll take it.  Drawing is what has me really drawn to it, but I think I would regret not taking a class in painting under Linda E., my drawing instructor.  I did get the supply list Monday, so will look into getting them tomorrow.  I had about decided not to  take it, but I think I'd always regret not trying painting with her.  I know I can get in the next 6 weeks of classes.  Not as sure about the following set as they will go right up to the moving date.  I guess it will depend on how I'm doing with the packing.  It's quite an investment in supplies to get going with the painting, so that's somethings else to take into consideration.  And, yes, I can continue with classes in both when I get to Iowa.  Which is another plus about the move.

Hoping for a quick resolution to your DD's migraine, Sherry.  So sorry that things are messing up your life at the moment.  Hope the medicine change will kick in quickly.  And congratulations on the recent shawls.

I'm into the 3rd ball of red and really like the way it's working up.  The black and white shawl isn't as hard to work with because of the white that lets me see where I'm going in a way the straight black wouldn't.  I'm pleased with the progress I've made so far.  With another toy to play with, the spinning wheel, the progress may be somewhat slower now.   :P

Hope you all have a great Hump Day.   :ghug

Good to see everyone!

Marlene, that was some joke Maya pulled on you!!

Sherry, I know how being fatigued can put a halt to everything you want to do....I hope your meds get corrected fast. Headaches of any sort don't mix well with either little kids or barking dogs....hugs to DD.

Cindy, your job sounds ideal....not really the same from one week to the next.

Linda, yay for the spinning wheel. Need any dog fur...lol!!

Off to get a few things done before visiting a good friend so I can be her massage dummy. She's learning massage therapy and I'll take anything I can get in that area!

BBL

Hi all

Hugs to you sherry. Sure sounds like you could use a few or more!!! Sorry you still have so much stress. Hope you get some relaxation time soon

Marlene. Maya is quite the character!!!!

Mary. Hope the appointments went well for DH. Good luck with maybe selling some if your crochet.

Judy. How was the massage??? Hoping the Yankees play better tonight then they did last night. Not a good way to start the season last night

Linda. Did you try out the wheel?

Cindy. Hope you had a good day.

DH is muttering. I think he is hungry. I'd better go and appease him with some food. Lol

Joanne, the massage was amazing! She did Swedish....still has more techniques to learn, but from others I've had, I am very impressed with how well she can already do it! It was an hour...she has clinics coming up, trigger points to learn, all that down the road, but she'll be great by the time she's licensed.

And the Yankees were pitiful. Is it my imagination but does there seem to be a lack of chemistry on the team this year?

Hi Ladies,

Linda, How exciting to have a spinning wheel! 

Judy, A message would be wonderful.

I started out doing laundry, then to crafts and pt this afternoon and cards tonight. I'm tired! I have to be up early for 8am pt appt. Hubby helps me with the laundry since this hand/arm issue. Today I was really glad he did as my arm hurt and I only fold my underclothes and jeans/capris. It will be better when were home and I can do one load a day. 

I'm making friends with a lady here, she crochets. She is making baby sweaters to have on hand and has sold two of them. 

I hope everyone has a really nice thursday!

Good morning ladies. We have a winter weather warning in effect here, mostly for freezing rain. Yesterday it was 55 and sunny. So far it doesn't look too bad, but the advisory is in effect until 5 PM.

Marlene, you sure keep busy down in Texas. I get tired just reading about it. Did Maya think up that Aprils fools joke by herself, or did her mom help her? Either way it was a good one!

Judy, yay for a great massage!

Sherry, I certainly hope that they can get your medications adjusted so that you feel better. I'm sorry that work remains so stressful. Hope the little guys are back to their usual selves soon to

Linda, WTG on the spinning wheel! Does it look like an old fashioned spinning wheel or is it a more modern version.? I never saw my mom spin, but she said she knew how, and found it to be a very relaxing thing to do.

I am going out to lunch and shopping with friends today, so should probably get a move on if I'm going to get anything done today.

Hi Ladies. :)

Judy ~ The RR is beautiful! :c9   Have you started on his big sister's yet?

I've just skimmed through posts for now.  Yesterday was another full day and today is catch up day.  And I suppose it's time to do the final copy of our taxes.  The draft has been done for weeks, but since we owe there's been no hurry. ;)

Thanks, Mary, I didn't start hers yet. I challenged myself to see if I can make thread bookmarks. So far my eyes are cooperating and I'm halfway finished with one. Just put it down for a break....lol! The girlie RR will be made with two strands of yarn....goes faster and will make a cushy play mat.

I hope you can do something fun for YOU today.

Judy, that's lovely.

Hi, everyone.  It's a beautiful day outside today.  Tomorrow and Saturday have weather advisories for storms, rain, and who knows what.

Monday was the last class for this session.  This was the final in-class assignment: inspiration and my rendition.

post-9295-0-35595700-1396554434_thumb.jpg   post-9295-0-23178200-1396554456_thumb.jpg

Today I finished my second shawl using fingering weight alpaca and size 10 crochet thread.

post-9295-0-87922000-1396554488_thumb.jpg

And here are pictures of my new spinning wheel.  And the yellow you see on the second picture is yarn that I spun last night.  I had to call DD.  I was soooo happy.  It worked like a dream and is even more even than last summer.  I am ecstatic.

post-9295-0-93689000-1396554506_thumb.jpg   post-9295-0-20156200-1396554517_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Linda.

I love your sketch, and the shawl and spinning wheel are yummy!!! It's wonderful to have hobbies like we do, isn't it?

Beautiful RR Judy. That's a great idea to one with two strands!!!

Linda- Great job in the drawing. Love the spinning wheel

Cindy I hope you had fun with your friends today. How was the weather?

Mary I wouldn't be in a hurry either since you have to pay taxes !! Did you get any YOU time today?

Marlene. Hope you had a wonderful Thursday too!

Holly. Did DH have his surgery?

Had a busy day and the. It took me over an hour to get home with the traffic due to an accident. Ugh!!!! Tonight I'm going to finish the cast on for the KAL I'm doing at moore yarn the LYS that I love. I learned the cable cast on. This will be.a challenge and hope I can get it done. Every Friday night 7-9 we'll be meeting. And sat night I'm going to a yarn tasting at the LYS. Should be fun

Off I go to knit and hope the Yankees can get a win tonight !!

Early morning tomorrow since I have PT so I'll say it now. TGIF!!!! Have a good rest of the evening and great day Friday

We've been under severe thunderstorm and/or tornado warnings since 5, so this will be quick.  I've never tested my battery this long!

Linda ~ Thank you for the pics!  Your drawing is gorgeous, as is the shawl.  Love the pattern and yarn.  And your spinning wheel is lovely...what a great, relaxing hobby.  My grandma's is currently at Sue's house - our other sister wanted it and she is supposed to be driving down from D.C. in June. :)

See you all in the a.m.  Praying for no large hail or tornadoes!

Archived