Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning!

Marlene ~ Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Bob and his wife. :hug   I hope he improves quickly, so they can enjoy the coast for a while.  It sounds like you may get a very large bracelet that just resembles a coaster! :wink:lol

Judy ~ Round ripples are still one of my favorites!  That will be so sweet for "big sister" to have her very own, too!

Hi Holly!

Linda ~ Have you had a chance to find the needed yarn? 

I've been lazy this morning, so it's time to get busy.  Have a good morning, all. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all.  I'm still rather stunned, but have been on the internet and found what I need.  I just have to get Cydney's check in the bank and then I can order them.  At the moment I'm playing with the pattern at bit to see if I can get the same look but with a stitch that goes a bit faster for the two shawls that are ordered. Otherwise it takes forever.

post-9295-0-90788800-1395508045_thumb.jpg  post-9295-0-44441200-1395508064_thumb.jpg

The first photo shows the overall size and shape of the shawl done with a size F hook.  The second shows how happy Cydney is with her new shawl.

Marlene, I'll keep Bob and his wife in my prayers, too.

Hi all,

Well, like Judy said it's about 60, but cloudy and windy! And they are forecasting a major snow storm for Tues into Wed---Hello!!! It's SPRING!!!!!

Linda- that's awesome that you've gotten two more orders- I can surely understand why after seeing the gorgeous one on Cydney!!

Marlene- I'll be sure to keep Bob (and his family) in my prayers! Glad you got to have a ladies night!

Today we had to take DH's car in for some repairs so we dropped it off, went out to breakfast, ran some errands and now we're back home We'll have to go back out later to pick it up.

PT is going well- and I like my therapist- I'm optimistic that it's going to help! I go back again on Monday!

Since we've been out all morning, I've been procrastinating doing the cleaning--but I really should get at it!

Have a good day!

Joanne ~ Hi!  I'm so glad the pt is helping. :yes  I sure hope the snow isn't too bad...it's been a very long winter for you guys.

Linda ~ Oh!  Thanks so much for the pictures.  The shawl is gorgeous!  It's been a long time since I've used an F hook...I'm slow enough as it is. :lol

Hi ladies. My cleaning is done, errands are finished and ice got dh emptying the dishwasher. Dd is coming over later to pick up her new iphone5 which was delivered here, and staying for dinner. It's snowing and sleeting here at the moment, but it's not terribly cold, right around 30. (It's all relative, it's been right around 0 for the past couple of months,)

I had intended to drop by Lowes when I was out today to look for some rope for that crocheted basket that I want to try but I forgot. Guess I will just keep working on my many WIPs,

Hi Ladies,

Linda, That shawl is gorgeous! 

Judy, That's really nice of you to make a rr for the big sister. 

Thanks for the prayers for Bob and his family. Are appreciation dinner was steak or chicken breast, twice baked potatoes, fresh green beans, cauliflower with cheese sauce, cheesy biscuits, and cheesecake. We served 60 people. It was a long day for me. I just wasn't into it today for some reason. 

I hope everyone has a nice sunday!

Good Evening!!  I'd planned to be on earlier this week.  We had the boys Wednesday night and then oldest one woke up with his throat hurting.  DD took him to the dr and he's got strep.  So we kept little one Thursday so hopefully he won't get it.  He was so upset, he wanted his Bubba and he cried a long time at day care.  I finally got him to stop with the promise of doing some special things.

Work was horribly stressful.  Didn't get much done on Friday except the bulletins--too much else was going on.  Never a dull moment.

Look like all of you have been busy.  Joanne - glad the PT is going well. 

Linda - the shawl is beautiful!! 

I'm working on a prayer shawl for a friend.  I'll try to post a pic of it once it's finished.  I started it last week on the trip to Kansas but haven't had much time to work on it since then.  I'm probably half way done with it.  Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow. 

Well, spring is here - LOL.  We're have another round of cold weather :(  I'm so tired of this up and down stuff.  It was in the 70's earlier this week, tomorrow it will be low 50's. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  Hugs to all.

Hugs to everyone.  Thanks for all the compliments.  I've played around with the pattern most of the afternoon.  And what really works to give it the light and lacy feel and look is the fact that it's done on the small hook.  I do have some alpaca that was heavier, so I'm doing the same pattern with it for me with an H hook and a larger white crochet thread.  It still feels so soft.  That's the alpaca in it.  And since I wear a lot of black, the red and white will look really good on me.   :P

Poor Sweet Pea had a rough afternoon.  I decided that she was getting to be a matted mess and gave her a haircut.  I cornered her in her chair and wouldn't let her get away until she was done.  Still need to trim her face a bit, but the rest of her looks pretty good now.  Poor thing.  I took her for a walk afterwards and she loved that.

I"m off to bed.  Hope you all have a good Sunday.  We can get into the Prayer Shawl closet at the moment so several of us are going over there in the morning and cleaning everything out of it.  The we'll do some sorting and reorganizing.  Once they start tearing up the carpet and padding there will be no getting in there again for who knows how long.  So we'll get in while the getting is possible.

morning all! 

Linda, my DS's cat has long fur and gets mats. She is good about getting groomed, but in HIS case, I just wish he would comb her more often so there isn't much of a need for haircuts.It's a good think you can trim her yourself!

Sherry - poor baby....strep hurts....hope he gets better.

Off I go. Poop patrol is calling!

Good morning

It's getting colder now. Seems like winter is trying to make a return. Yuck!

Sherry. Hope u had a good birthday and hope that your other gs doesn't get the strep. Both my gs seem to be coming diwn with colds. My dd was going to call her friends with kids to let them know so they can decide if they are going to come to the party today We'll see how it goes.

Other than the Party not much else on the agenda. We do have to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things so I'd better get moving

Happy Sunday

Good evening ladies. It was a very cold day with a fair bit if snowfall, but eventually the sun came out, and we were treated to a gorgeous sunset. We had a very quiet day today. I don't feel 100%, but not really sick either. I am achy and have a headache, but no fever. Tomorrow is a work day, so I took some Motrin and went to bed at 9.

Nothing much else going on. I did a little knitting and dh and I tried to make some decisions about our planned kitchen remodel, but no big progress on either of those things.

Good night, ladies. Hope you have a great Monday.

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Happy Belated Birthday!  Hope DGS feels better real soon.

Joanne, Hope your DGS feel better real soon to.

Cindy, You have a big job coming up with a kitchen remodel. But probably agreeing on what and how will be the biggest job. Good luck with it!

Linda, I hope you ladies didn't find to much damage in your storage closet.

We had a quite day here today. It was a rainy cool day here. It's calling for the same for a few days. We don't always get it though. We need the rain here so bad. This year is the least amount of rain they've had while were here.

I did some crocheting friday at lady nights. It hurts my hand but I take breaks. That's what I had to do before. I believe I found the pattern online that I have at home of Maya's blanket. I bought it and I'm trying it. It's called Tutti Frutti Parfait. 

Hope everyone has a great monday!

Good Monday morning, House. :)

Joanne and Sherry ~ I hope the grandsons are all okay. :c9   Luke and Zach have the sniffles, too...they must pick this stuff up at pre-school and pass it back and forth!

Joanne ~ How was the party?

Marlene ~ You must be a little tired after all the prep and cooking and other activities.  :manyheart   I'm glad you all are getting some rain...this drought has gone on way too long.

Cindy ~ We've been putting off updating the kitchen and baths for too long.  The way our house is built, we'd have to move out while the work goes on and I can't even think about that right now. :lol   Did you find some rope for the basket?

Hi to everyone at our house!

We've hired a handyman to do some things around here.  DH can't see well enough to repair things with small parts and he isn't good at giving me directions. ;)  A couple of leaky faucets and a new belt in the dryer are on the list.  I'm going to run errands while he's here.  Have a good morning! ♥♥♥

Good morning ladies. Snowing like crazy here, and it is so cold that it is accumulating. Evidently,mSpring sprung so far ahead that it is out of reach! It is a work day for me, so I got up early and went to work. They ended up with an extra nurse, so I offered to go home on call. I had a bad head ache, so it worked out well. The headache is nearly gone now.

Mary, we built our house in 1977 and our kitchen is the original one. The thing is: the cabinets are still in really good shape, except for the areas where they get heavy wear, like around the handles. We are debating between new cabinets which would be an awful uproar or painting the old ones. We would want to add a couple of cabinets, but the style is still available in both finished and unfinished so that wouldn't be a problem. I think painting would be just a much mess as replacing, but replacing means that I will need to make expensive decisions and that will be hard for me. I hate spending money on stuff for myself. Dh is in favor of new cabinets, but that's mostly because he wants the old cabinets in the garage. Guess I might have to go out and look at cabinets.

And no, I didn't find any rope for the basket. Of course, I forgot to look.

Hope all those grandsons are feeling better. Dd said two of her boys were sick last week, but they didn't complain much, just laid around and slept.

Well,guess I'd better go find something productive to do. I will probably check in later if I get to stay home all day.

Good morning to everyone.  Hugs to all the sick grandchildren.  It's cool out today, but I was okay in just a sweat shirt while walking Sweet Pea.

Yesterday was a fun day.  Cydney, Michele, and I met up at church at about 9:30 and had our part of the closet completely emptied out and in Michele's car in just 45 minutes.  And NO damage to any of the contents.  Hooray!   :yay   At that point Michele and I went up the street to a a Waffle House and spent 2 hours chatting over our breakfasts/ brunch.  One of the waitresses was someone I knew from AA so got a chance to catch up with her just a little bit, too, which was nice.  Then we went over to Sue's house and dropped off all the covered boxes and the white yarn for her to work with.  Then we sat around with her and the three up of us chatted for a couple of hours.  Then it was back home to take my much delayed meds and give Sweet Pea a proper walk.  Then on to Miss Anne's house.  She had called 4 or 5 of us that she wasn't feeling well and the she was having problems with her leg where they had removed a skin cancer and all of us were worried about her, since she just doesn't complain and rarely misses church.  We were worried about the symptoms she was describing that might mean an infection.  It's not infected.  Whew.   :no   But it also doesn't look all that good.  I think the scab is pulling and that she's been on her feet way too much.  That's a hard one, since she is her husband's caregiver.  He has cancer and Alzheimer's.  Anyway we sat and visited and wound yarn and crocheted until about 5:15 when I headed home via Pizza Hut.  I was super hungry for pizza, so sat there and read and enjoyed a super supreme pizza, deep dish of course.  Then finally home to spend time with Sweet Pea and watch TV and crochet some more.

I decided this morning that I'm not happy with the red and white shawl that I started.  It's too compact for the pattern so will rip it out.  Again.   :cry   Then will go way up on the size of the hook and see how that works.   :P   Oh, well, so it goes.

Have a wonderful day.   :ghug

Glad you're feeling better Cindy.

The weather is sure taking it's own sweet time in warming up this year.  I'm afraid when it finally does it's going to be straight into summer.   :P

Hi, ladies!!

Cindy, life is short...treat yourself to the best stuff you want in your kitchen!!

Linda, I think we're going to slide right into summer, too. From the sounds of your day I think losing your job was the best thing that could have ever happened to you!

No hook time to speak of today. We had to get a lot of basic stuff at the food store today ...not much food, though....lol!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I'm the same way I hate to spend money. But I think you deserve new cupborads. 

Linda, I have to agree with Judy. Your to busy to work and do all you've been able to do since not working. Enjoy! 

Mary, Hope the handyman got everything taken care of while you were out. 

I was off to pt this morning. It is helping. I'm hoping the pain goes away before we leave for home or it will be a long uncomfortable ride. But we still have time for that to happen. I went to the jam session today. It was are last one. We had some good talent there today. We also had a man there that plays by himself and he is really good. He should have some records out he is that good. The people who played in the jam gave up there turns and let him sing. Boy was good. Suna hired him for next year. I hope it's after we get here. 

I added 6 more rows to Zack's afghan and started on the second skeins of two colors. 

I hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

So far Spring Break has been busy! We took the girls to a bounce place today... they kept busy for a couple of ours. Tomorrow, we're splurging a little and spending the night at a local hotel that has a fun pool. Wednesday morning we're heading up to Chicago for the Aquarium. We don't have any real plans for Thursday or Friday. I think think that Sunday we're going to head up to the zoo in Chicago. It's supposed to be 60 that day. :)

Went to the frog pond with the red and white shawl.  I just wasn't happy with the texture I was getting.  Moved up to a K  hook and now it looks the way it's supposed to.  I'm almost back to the spot where I frogged it.  Hope you're all having a good day today.  I took a long nap this afternoon.  Feel better now and intend to do some more crocheting.  

Hi all!  Sorry to be mia today.  I had to take DH to two meetings and then he had a doctor's appt.  I'm a good chauffeur. ;)

I will read through posts tonight or in the morning.  I hope you all have a good evening! ♥♥♥♥♥

Hi Ladies,

Holly, It sounds like your all enjoying your spring break and more fun to come.

Linda, Sorry you had to go to the frog pond. Glad your back where you were and it's working out.

Mary, You are a good chauffeur. 

Quiet day here today. Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Happy hump day

I'm off to pt and then work. The pt is helping and I am looking forward to another session this morning. We only got a dusting of snow ---phew!!!!

Hope you all have a good day

Hi ladies! Linda I'm glad you are happy with the shawl now.

Mary, it's so good hubby has you to help. Some men find it hard to accept help from their wives, esp when it's something as debilitating as their vision...

Hi, Joanne. Yup, the dusting of snow was a relief! Did DD get as much in Boston as I hear they were supposed to get?

Hi to Cindy, Holly, Marlene, Sherry, and everybody.

I haven't been sleeping well because of the sinus congestion I've been dealing with for two weeks, but last night I more than made up for it. Except for one necessary trip, I went to bed at 9 and was up at 6 this morning. I feel much better. Still slight congestion, but it's easing up every day.

And the baby boy RR is two thirds finished. I also went through my small stash of yarn that I buried in tote containers in a closet. Now I know what I have, so future products are in mind.

Have a great day, my friends.

Archived