Our House Part Two

JulieKay

The internet problem is solved!!!  We needed a new modem--and since DH is retired from AT&T, it should be free--yea!!!

Mary - looking forward to seeing your store.  I'm sure I missed what the link is so could you let me know how to find you there?

Cindy - Enjoy your birthday party tomorrow!! 

Joanne - hope you're feeling better and rested now!!

Haven't had the time to catch up but I will.

Update on my work - They are moving both pastors and I will get 1 new boss.  I've heard he's easy to work with and a great pastor.  I'm looking forward to meeting him and working with him.  The next 2 months will be spent getting the office ready for him.  I'm very sad to see the lady pastor go, she's a great pastor and I have loved working with her.  I finished her prayer shawl (made in her favorite school color--orange (for OSU).  She's going to need a lot of prayer for her new job--it will be a challenge.

Won't have the either GS this weekend (or at least that's how it is now).  Littlest one had a major meltdown at day care yesterday and his punishment is not to come to our house for the next two weekends.  I'm sad that she used that as punishment but there's not a lot I can do about it.  Hopefully she'll only make it 1 week since the following weekend is Easter.

Thanks for the prayers for my friend's son.  The outlook is not good at all but they are praying for a miracle.  She loved the shawl and was grateful for it.  I'm glad I was able to give her something to help during this time.

Well it's time to go and check the laundry (doing the boys karate uniforms).  I have to have them to DD tomorrow morning.  Have a great evening all!! Hugs to all of you!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone!   :hi   This has been quite a week!  Yesterday I finished with Miss Joan, when I said that she owed me for 3 hours she said, "No way!  You worked longer than that!  I'd be ashamed to pay you that little!  You put in work worth 4 hours even if it only took you 3 hours to do it!"  How's that for a response?   :P   I had made plans to go up and play Rummicube with her last night, but then got a call that the adults from Tuesday's party were getting together for supper at a local restaurant, so we decided to reschedule the Rummicube for later and I went out to supper.  It was great.

Today I had a whole bunch of maintenance done on the car in the morning and then took it for emissions testing in the afternoon and it flunked the test.  Took it back to the repair shop.  They ordered the part and then put it in a couple of hours later.  The idiot light is off now, so hopefully it will pass the test tomorrow.  Then prayer shawl meeting tonight.  While waiting for the part to arrive I went for a drive and found a great set of buildings to turn into drawings.

post-9295-0-50131400-1397186889_thumb.jpg    post-9295-0-89761000-1397186925_thumb.jpg

The house and the building behind it.  Then a picture of violets growing the nook between the roots of that huge tree.  Couldn't resist it.

post-9295-0-71762000-1397186959_thumb.jpg

The front and back of the building behind the house.

post-9295-0-11914200-1397186990_thumb.jpg     post-9295-0-70181800-1397187067_thumb.jpg

And two more of the back and far side of the house.

post-9295-0-88489800-1397187029_thumb.jpg     post-9295-0-04005100-1397187097_thumb.jpg

Hope they have hubby's pain meds figured out quickly, Holly.

Love your Etsy site, Mary.

Joanne, please take care.  Sounds like you've got a very bad bug.

Our pollen count today was over 2,200.  Yikes!

Thanks for your prayers for Tina.  She came home yesterday and is doing much, much better.

Good Morning, House. :)

Cindy ~ I hope your work day goes well today.  Have fun at the party and Happy Birthday to your FIL! :cake

Holly ~ Thinking of you and hoping your DH's recovery is going well. :manyheart

Linda ~ Great pictures!  It looks like you're having nice weather, too.  Keeping fingers crossed that your car passes inspection today. :yes

Sherry ~ Yay for having your internet again!  Oh, things sound like they'll be improving at work - good news!  The link to my shop is in my signature. :)

Marlene ~ Have fun at your lunch today!  So it looks like you'll be back home in time for Easter?  I know you can't wait to see Maya and other family!

Joanne ~ How is the cold?  Much better, I hope. :hug

Hi to Judy and anyone I may have missed. :)

DD emailed that I will only have Zach today - she decided to take Luke with her as there will be a couple of his friends there.  I will stop on the way home for some supplies so I can start planting my flower and herb pots. 

Have a wonderful Friday, all. ♥

Very quiet at Our House today! 

Zach was very happy today.  We played outside and inside and he fell asleep in my lap after his lunch. :c9  I had 1½ hours of uninterrupted crochet time while he napped and it was heavenly! 

Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Mary, that's sweet about Zack.

I read through everyone's posts since last night, but posting on the iPad isn't fun, so I wasn't talkative.

Joanne, I hope you're getting better.

We got up to 76 degrees today....sooooo nice! Our landscaper came by last evening and they took care of odds and ends so we were able to put out the statues and such that we kept in the garage over the winter. We actually painted a few weather-worn things in the yard, too. It felt good.

And I cooked the kruschiki today...and ate the broken pieces....lol! I don't often get points for presentation!

Have a great night my friends.

So you all know that hubby had neck surgery on Tuesday. Everything went well, but they've had a hard time controlling his pain. Today they moved him to a rehab facility. Hopefully he won't be there for long. The bad thing is, the hospital and the rehab facility are over an hour drive. So it's been exhausting. I've been off work since Tuesday, except for going in for a few hours this morning for a preschool visit. I'm a children's librarian. I told him that I can't keep doing that and that I have to work tomorrow. I just can't keep going like that. I'm going to try taking the girls to see him on Sunday, if he's doing a little better.

Oh, Holly!  Hope the pain issue will be resolved soon.  

I was out in the pollen too much yesterday, so spent most of today inside reading.  Then tonight I spent a couple of hours with the lady I'm cleaning for playing Rummikub.  We had a good time and I gave her a run for her money at the end.  I lost, but only by 17 points.

Mary, good for you having some crochet time.  I did some of that today, too.

Judy ~ good going getting things out for the summer.  I'm actually kind of glad that I don't have to do that anymore.  I'm reaching the point where I'm happy to have others doing the outside upkeep.  Boy, does it feel weird to say that.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Good morning

I'm starting to feel better and I did go to work yesterday although I was tired when I got home. I'm having a lazy day today and hoping to see the boys tomorrow

Holly, I sure hope they can get DH's pain under control. And that you can take the girls to see him tomorrow

Linda. Love the pics and they will make great "subjects for your drawing!!!

Mary. Glad to hear DH is doing ok and it must have been if. To have some one on one time with Zach

Cindy, sherry, Judy and everyone. Hope u have a good day. And I agree with Judy in that sometimes it's annoying to post with the iPad and the auto correct It gets tiring having to correct what you think you typed and what auto correct fills in. Lol

Good Morning, House. 

Holly ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time.  You must be exhausted. :hug   Hopefully, your DH won't be in rehab for long.  With a job and two little ones, please don't feel guilty if you can't make that drive every day. :ghug 

Linda ~ The pollen is really bad here, too.  Lots of sneezing going on here. :yes

Judy ~ Wow!  You all were almost as warm as we've been!  Doesn't it feel good to enjoy the outside again?  I'm going to plant several pots today and wait until next week to plant flowers in the front beds. :)

Joanne ~ So glad you're feeling better!  Yes, you guys end up with some interesting words. :lol

Off to change laundry and then get started outside.  Have a good morning. ♥♥♥

Good morning ladies. Busy day yesterday between work and fils birthday party. Today the sun is shining and it's supposed to be in the 70s, and I think I'm going to do yard work. Dh already got out one set of table and chairs, plus my wicker arm chairs. Two more sets of furniture are still stored. (We have two decks, a patio and a covered front porch and they all get some furniture.). Tonight is grandson #2s birthday celebration.

Joanne, glad you are feeling a bit better. Maybe a quiet weekend will make your recovery complete. I also agree about posting from the iPad. I've had mine for quite a while though, so I'm getting used to it. Sometimes I wish it would highlight what it autocorrects.

Linda, I enjoy doing a bit of outside work, but dh does most of the heavy stuff. However, some days it would be nice to just watch it being done by someone else.

Linda, those photographs will be very good subjects for drawing. Sounds like you had a fun evening.

Holly, don't feel guilty for recognizing your limitations. Hope that they can get Wayne's pain under control. Also, I think they will keep Wayne pretty busy at rehab.

Mary, have fun gardening. It's a bit too early here. I've had to bring pots inside after Mother's Day still for frost warnings.

Sherry, hope your weekend is fun, despite not having the grandsons there. Mary's etsy store is in her signature.

Marlene, hope your last few days in Texas are fun. With how busy your life sounds there, I think you have to come back to Michigan in summer to rest up for Texas in winter!

Have a great day ladies. Time for me to get moving.

Good morning peeps!

I read everyone's posts....lots going on! It looks like we all have Springtime temps now :clap

Our good friends will be coming by this afternoon so I've been busy cleanng this morning. We love our home....but darn....it's just too big! I feel like I had an aerobic workout! I've finally cooled down enough to get in the shower. We'll actually be able to sit outside and visit today. Nice :)

Have a good one my friends....looking for 70 degrees today! I hope everyone else has good weather.

Cindy ~ Happy Birthday to your grandson!  :birthday We should be past the time for a freeze, although several years ago we had an ice storm on Easter weekend.  I planted tomatoes in big pots this year - our trees have gotten so big that we have too much shade in the back yard. So they are in a sunny spot on the driveway. :)

Judy ~ Yes!  It's so nice to sit outside and visit for a change. :yes  I'm the same way about our house...we don't need the amount of space, but we can't live any cheaper anywhere else!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Hi all

What a glorious day today was!!!! Perfect weather!!!!!

We did weekly chores and errands this morning, then watched the Yankee game and after that we drove down to the outlets and walked around. I like that they are outside and I got some good deals! I've still got my cold but it's much better. My tendinitis is still not better and it didn't help that I missed 2pt sessions this week

Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day. We will visit and play with the boys at some point tomorrow.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Don't beat your self up if you can't get there to see Wayne everyday. You have your hands full with the care of everything, the girls and your job. I know easier said than done. You could get his mailing address and send him cards so even if you couldn't get there he would get a card. I hope they get his pain under control real soon.

Linda, Those will some nice pics to draw. Sounds like you had a fun night last night.

Mary, Every year I wish we could take flowers home with us and plant them, but it is way to early. Have in your flower beds.

Judy, Enjoy sitting outside with your company in those nice warm temps.

Cindy, Happy birthday to your grandson!

Joanne, I hope the weekend of resting up makes you feel lots better.

Yesterday we went shopping at Michaels and Hobby Lobby then to lunch at Hibachi Grill (it's a chinese buffet place with a good amount of american food to). I picked up some plastic canvas, a crochet hook and a couple of little notepads for the girls. Today we went with another couple to Goliad. They had market days. It's a historical town. We went to the state park, to a museum and a battlefield. Then back to a cookout. It's been a long day, but a fun day.

Hope everyone has a nice sunday!

I talked to Wayne a few times today and he sounded a little better each time. They had him up and walking today, so that's a good thing. The girls and I are planning to drive up there tomorrow for awhile.  We girls had a nice relaxing evening tonight. We spread out a blanket on the floor and did a pizza picnic while we watched Frozen. It was nice just being together. And they were so excited that I sat on the floor with them. Actually, Sami ended up sitting almost on top of me most of the time.

Morning all!!

Holly, I'm glad to hear you had time with the kids. You'll do fine handling everything. We women are built for that.

Joanne, vitamin D is the best medicine. Enjoy your day!

We had a great visit yesterday. Lucy was showing off for company ...a maniac at times....and Sparkie got lots of scratches and rubs from them. He's calm, so it's easy to be nice to him.

Have a good day my friends.

Had another gorgeous day today and we had fun with the boys. We took a walk to Ralph's and all got Italian ices By the time we left after dinner you could tell the boys were ready for baths and bed.

We r watching the Yankee game but I probably won't make it till the end. All that fresh air and walking and playing has me pretty tuckered out.

Holly. Hope you got to visit with DH. Any idea when he can come home? Your picnic with the girls brought back memories. I used to do that occasionally with my DD's.

Have a good night house mates and a good Monday.

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Your picnic with the girls sounds like a fun time. Glad Wayne sounds like he is feeling better.

Joanne, It sounds like you had a nice weekend.

I thought today was going to be packing day, but some friends came over and asked us to go with them today. We went to a dashound costume contest and then they had races. They had 19 that raced. There strip they ran wasn't very long at all. It was a female that won the race and different female that one the costume. Then we drove over to Port A (Mary will know where this is) they had sand sculpting. We really couldn't see to much and it was getting close to they event ending so we may go back tomorrow. 

Cindy may be without power. I read the newspaper from back home and a big bad storm went through and lots of people lost power. I clicked on the energy company's outage map and the power is out at are house. 

I hope everyone has a nice monday!

Hi ya peeps!

It was about 80 degrees yesterday. I am so not ready for that. But, on the bright side, a cool front is coming through on Wednesday :)

Joanne I can understand you and the boys being tired after the fresh air yesterday! It was summer like! And the Yankees won by the hair on their chimney chin chin! But more injuries. I see more members of the no-name infield in their future.

Holly, I'll bet the girls will be excited to have their dad home. I hope he's a good patient for you ;)

Marlene, good thing you are down South! The weather has been so weird this year.

The girl RR is coming along. The usual time consuming long outer rounds make me put it down more often than I should and then I pick up a book...bad me, especially since when our friends came by Fran left me with a half dozen books she was finished with! I need to live to be 100 to finish all the books on my shelves and the nook and kindle!!

Have. A good day my friends.

Mary, Cindy, Sherry, have a good day.

Good morning.  I had a quiet but nice weekend.  Saturday I went to Carole's with Rosie and the three of us worked on two different quilts.  I was working at quilting a quilt that is for Carole's friend Jeannie.  Rosie and Carole were working on the binding for my quilt and the layout and beginning sewing for a quilt in purples for one of Carole's GDs.  Yesterday was working on a prayer shawl.  I had just one and a half feet of extra yarn when I finished.  Talk about cutting it close.  I'm trying to finish up a bunch of shawls that are in progress.

And my check engine light is on again!  Drat!  Now what?

Took Sweet Pea to the vet for a checkup this morning with shots and other assorted routine things.  A lot of it is covered, but it's still going to be about $140 for everything else.  

And I have to finish up my taxes and get them in the mail.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.  But since I'm going to owe, I was in no hurry to get them done any sooner.

Hope you all have a good Monday.

Hi Ladies. :)

Holly ~ Sending positive thoughts to you and your DH. :hug   Your inside picnic with the girls sounds so fun...you must not have pets? ;)

Joanne ~ So glad you had a good weekend with good weather!  How is the tendonitis?

Judy ~ Yes, those last rows on the RRs seem to take forever!  Looking forward to seeing this one, too. :yes

Marlene ~ Your day trip to Goliad brings back memories...we used to stop there once in a while when we traveled to Seadrift to see MIL and FIL.  I used to make DH stop at every small town that had antique shops. :lol   And I'm glad you enjoyed the beach at Port A!

Linda ~ Your time with Rosie and Carole sounds so nice. :)  Wow! That was really close on the yarn amount!  Don't forget pictures! ;)

Hi to the rest of Our House, too! ♥

Well, thank goodness I just planted in pots Saturday!  I can drag those into the garage.  We're supposed to have a freeze tonight - it's only in the 40's today after several days in the 80's.

I was so pleased to have my first sale last night!  That and two questions on other items showed up and it was a fun surprise. :)

DH has appointments each of the next three days, so I will be in and out - and will have my tote bags with me. :hook

Hi ladies. As Marlene said we had an awful storm go through late Saturday afternoon. We were not home so we missed it, but people said it was really scary. 65 to 85 mph straight line winds. They just move through fairly quickly, and leave an awful mess. Lots of damage to cars and buildings as well as lots of uprooted trees. Our neighborhood seems to have been on the edge if the storm. We had branches down and our patio furniture was out in the front yard. A half mile away the trees are completely uprooted, roofs are gone, power lines are down, etc. Some pictures look like a tornado went through, buildings flattened, moved off their foundations, etc, we did not lose power, but our internet was out all day yesterday. I did not hear of any loss of life, but it did see a picture if people trapped in a car by a fallen tree. Not sure if they were okay or not. My sister and brother in law live a ways north of us, and she sent me a picture of the hail that they got. It looked like she was holding a handful of ice cubes.

Mary, congrats on the sale. If it was me, I'd definitely be excited. We are supposed to get accumulating snow tonight. Before the storm Saturday it was nice springlike weather though.

Holly, hope Wayne does get to go home soon, and that he is a good patient for you.

Linda, at least you had a yard and a half left. It could have been the other way, you could have been short, which is pretty typical of my luck! :).

Marlene, are you still planning to get home by Easter? How long does it take you to get back?

Judy, my book collection is also overwhelming, and yet, I keep acquiring more. I have both a Nook and a Kindle as well. I also figured out how to get library ebooks on my iPad, so that is another source of reading material.

I worked today, and it was quite busy. I expect tomorrow will be more of the same. I'm off for the rest of the week after that.

Cindy, good thing your house was ok! How was your fur baby? Is she afraid of storms? Sparkie is....

Mary congrats on the sale!!

Linda....wow....close call on the yarn...lol!

After today's summer like weather we are cooling down for the next several days I think. Thank goodness! Lucy loves it....she'll sit outside for hours ...Sparkie not so much. He's a momma's boy.

Judy, storms don't bother Sophie at all. None of our dogs have ever been bothered by them. However, we had a German Shepherd when I was growing up and storms terrified her. She hid behind the couch whenever a storm threatened.. My mom would actually move it a little ways out from the wall so she could get back behind it.

Archived