Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope the new handy man showed up today. Hard to believe Luke will be 4.

Linda, Glad your getting some things you want. It's always nice to treat are selves.

Cindy, I happen to pull up woodtv's website. I seen that article about the nurse. It sure can make people uneasy even if she did know her attacker. It sounds like your coming right along with your knitting squares.

Judy, I was told when I got my ipad I was going to love and would never use my laptop any more. But I still go to my laptop. The ipad will be nice to use outside or in the bedroom, or when I go to DD's. 

Today I started getting things around to do are taxes. I talked to DD and my sister. Tomorrow is are relay for life event. So I may not be on tomorrow. Never know how late we will stay. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. I've been up since 6, just couldn't sleep any longer, but now, two hours later, I could take a nap. It's gloomy here, but not snowing or raining today. I was hoping the sun would be out because I think dh and I are going to go to our local botanical garden and sculpture park .

http://www.meijergardens.org

The sculptures are outside and it's a really nice walk on a paved path through the woods to see them. I don't mind walking in the cold, but it would be a lot more enjoyable if the sun was out. They have butterfly's in the gardens at the moment, and usually there is some sort of art exhibit on display as well. I think right now there us a display of drawings, and today there is a free drawing workshop. There is also a boardwalk over a pond to a farm exhibit, but that might still be too snowy to walk on.

My knit baby blanket is about ten inches long. That might not sound like much bit it's quite a bit, if you consider how slowly I knit!

Judy, the biggest issue that I have with my iPad is the auto correct. Sometimes I am amazed at what I've typed! I do really like my iPads, and I use them more than I use my laptop, but the laptop is better for some things, especially my online classes.

Marlene, enjoy the Relay for Life event. Any idea when you are returning to Michigan?

Morning all!!

Cindy, that looks like a great place to visit! I hope you have decent weather for it.

Cloudy and cool here today....waiting for the deluge predicted later on in the day :(

Have a good one my friends.

Good morning

Cindy- you are making great progress on the blanket. I also am a slow knitter but I really enjoy the process. It sure looks like a great place to visit. Hope the sun shines on you as you are walking and enjoying the displays. Auto correct is the one thing that sometimes drives me batty. But I do use my iPad more than the laptop despite that little annoying feature.

Judy. It's raining here. And supposed to get heavier rains later. The worker is here and has to do another level of spackle . He'll paint tomorrow. DH and I have to go out later to get a few things including the paint. Lol.

Marlene have fun at relay for life. Great cause!!!!

Linda. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. Can't believe that it's almost April which means before you know it it'll be time for you to be heading back home I know Rosie is really going to miss you. Hopefully she'll be able to visit you in Iowa sometime

Mary. Wow I remember when you first told us about Luke's arrival and now he's almost 4!!!! Glad you found him what he wanted

Off to empty the dishwasher.

Have a good day

Happy weekend everyone.  I hurt today.  It rained most of the night and there are puddles everywhere.  And it's still doing a light misty rain now.  We needed the rain, but I am missing the sun.  Worked some on a drawing that I started in class on Monday.  I can't do a lot since I don't have a picture of it, but I could put in some of the base shadings.  I don't draw very fast but the results are really making up for it.  I'm detail oriented and that is helping me out a lot.

I'm excited about getting the things I've been ordering.  The pencils were shipped out yesterday and should be here by at least Wednesday and hopefully before then.  I've got a few more things I want to get that I can get from Hobby Lobby.  Just have to get coupons printed up.

I think I'm staying put for today.  I've had the heating pad on on my back and that is helping at least as a temporary  measure.

Love to you all.

Linda, sorry you are in pain. Hope the weather improves so you feel better.

The sun came out this afternoon, and we could comfortably spend an hour admiring the sculptures. I was actually hot by the end of our walk. This sculpture park has one of two bronze horse sculptures based on drawings by Leonardo Da Vinci. Da Vinci never completed his sculpture because war intervened, but other artists used his drawings to create these massive works of art. That's me standing in front of it, just to give you an idea of its size.

post-6189-0-44785200-1396130451_thumb.jpg

Wow, Cindy....that is huge!!! Glad you got out there!

Our dark, flood filled day has been a downer. Tomorrow may be the same.

Linda, feel better, sweetie....

Wow, Cindy! That IS a huge sculpture. And I see auto correct was at it again. Reading your post, it said "I got hit " and I thought oh no!!!! But then realized it should have said "hot".

Linda- hope you feel better tomorrow

Judy. I spent the gloomy rainy day watching NCIS marathon while alternating between knitting and crocheting. Also read a little. DH and I did get out to costco and Benjamin Moore and that was it. It'll probably be a gorgeous day Monday just in time for me to return to work.

WOW!!!  Cindy, that is awesome.  And BIG!!

My black Alpaca yarn arrived in the mail today, so I started on one of the shawls that's on order.  I've gotten five pattern rounds done already, which is 15 actual rounds.   It gets 8 stitches wider with every round.  It's been gloomy and rainy and windy all day.  I'm heading to bed early tonight I think.  The heating pad helps and I've had it on most of the day.

I'm hoping for some sun tomorrow.

Morning everyone!

Linda, working with black yarn....you are awesome! Stay warm...

Joanne, despite the torrents of rain yesterday I went to 5 PM Mass. Hubby could tell I needed to go. All he said was drive carefully... I was so glad I went. The church was full, including 80-something's and their walkers. Strong and determined bunch of very senior citizens and their families.

We're off to look for new throw pillows at Pier 1 today. Need some bright colors in the man cave.

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning.

Have fun shopping for some bright pillows. I love pier one !!! I am getting cabin fever myself. I did enjoy the little bit we were out yesterday and my NCIS marathon. Today I feel stuck in the house. The painter is here and I've been knitting. I need to get out though if only for a little bit. It's another gloomy looking day. Maybe I'll run to pier one and see what they have now that Judy planted that idea in my brain.

My dd got back from Texas last night. She was there for a conference sponsored by the company that supplies the burs for craniotomies. She went to her first rodeo while she was there. She was in ft worth. Is that near you, Mary ?

Linda, I give you credit for working with black yarn !!!

Well DH is getting antsy. Not that we can go anywhere together. I'll offer to let him go out for a bit first. But I'm secretely hoping he,ll say no. And then I can go out :-)

Have a good Sunday

Hi House!  We've been working in the yard all weekend and it feels wonderful!  I'll need to stop before long and get ready for Luke's party.

Joanne ~ Yes, our small town actually has a Fort Worth zip code, so we can use either name for our mail.  DH has lived in Fort Worth since he was one year old, except for the 3 years we lived in Houston.  I hope your daughter enjoyed her time here...downtown is beautiful and very active.

Linda ~ Oh, all your goodies being delivered sounds so fun!  Please share pictures!

Cindy ~ So glad you all had a good day at the gardens.  I don't think I've seen sculptures that large!!

Hi to those I've missed. ♥  Back to the yard for an hour or so.

Hi ladies. It looks like spring here, nearly 50 degrees and sunny.

I feel quite a bit better today, but I'm having a lazy day.

Has anyone read any of Anthony Trollope's books? I've read a lot of good reviews about his books and I see them referred to quite a bit. I started "Barchester Towers" this morning, but I'm finding it slow going, I'm not sure if it's the language or the fact that I don't quite get what is going on. I think that the reason for that is the English setting. Supposedly he does a really good job with character development stand plot, so I am going to keep at it.

Mary, enjoy Luke's party. I can't believe that he is four already.

Judy and Joanne, hope you both had fun on your outings. Linda, what fun it will be to open those goody packages. Holly, hope you got to the Zoo today,

Cindy, I've never read that author. Kudos for not giving up right away!

We did get a couple of pillows and new cushions for the indoor rattan chairs we have. One of those is going back...hubby's first choice would have been better. I really have to start trusting his instincts more often!!!

Hi, all.  It's a beautiful, sunny day here today.  I've been out hunting old buildings to take pictures of for art class.  We're going to be using them as source material for drawings next session.

post-9295-0-48830300-1396211924_thumb.jpg  This is of an old one-room schoolhouse that's over one hundred years old.  Complete with an old outhouse back behind it.

post-9295-0-86236000-1396212050_thumb.jpg  This is an old barn farther up the road.

post-9295-0-14017700-1396212137_thumb.jpg  This old house is almost completely hidden by the trees around it.

post-9295-0-05807400-1396212484_thumb.jpg   post-9295-0-26395700-1396212304_thumb.jpg

post-9295-0-34286300-1396212429_thumb.jpg  These three are of another house with a small shed of some sort that was almost totally hidden by the bushes around it.

post-9295-0-58181700-1396212566_thumb.jpg   post-9295-0-29968800-1396212574_thumb.jpg

This one had an old barn out behind it.  

Makes me wonder what stories they could tell of the folks who used to live in them.  Of the children who went to school in the one-room schoolhouse and the teachers who taught there.  

Hi House! We've been working in the yard all weekend and it feels wonderful! I'll need to stop before long and get ready for Luke's party.

Joanne ~ Yes, our small town actually has a Fort Worth zip code, so we can use either name for our mail. DH has lived in Fort Worth since he was one year old, except for the 3 years we lived in Houston. I hope your daughter enjoyed her time here...downtown is beautiful and very active.

Linda ~ Oh, all your goodies being delivered sounds so fun! Please share pictures!

Cindy ~ So glad you all had a good day at the gardens. I don't think I've seen sculptures that large!!

Hi to those I've missed. ♥ Back to the yard for an hour or so.

Yes Mary she did enjoy it. She was only there a couple of days. She mentioned the nice downtown!!!! She brought back a book about cowboys for the boys I saw them today and it was fun!! We went to get them new sneakers since stride rite had buy one get one sale

Holly. Glad you had a good time at the zoo. And good luck to DH with his surgery

Linda. I love those pictures. What great pictures for an art class.

Judy. I never made it to pier one today. But I had fun with the boys. I'll probably stop one night on my way home from work since I pass right by the one on rt 18. I often second guess DH as well. I'm learning to go with what he says. lol

Cindy. I've never read any books by that author. Glad you had a nice day. I sure hope next weekend is nicer than this one was weather- wise

The house is all back together and I finished dusting and vacuuming. I love the ceiling fan I got for the kitchen and probably wouldn't have gotten it if we didn't have to fix the ceiling. So I guess the saying everything happens for a reason is true.

Have a good Monday. I leave early for pt tomorrow and tomorrow night is craft club.

Good morning. It looks like spring here today (well, you have to ignore the snow on the ground....). It's sunny and supposed to get up to 60 today. I plan to sit out on the porch for a while this afternoon. It faces southwest and in the afternoons it's about 15 degrees warmer than the thermometer says. Tomorrow rain is moving in and my back and knee already know about it.

Linda, your photographs are great, and will be a real challenge for drawing class. I always wonder about the stories of old houses as well. In the Smokey Mountains National Park, there is an abandoned summer resort. Every time we go to look at it, I wonder about the families that occupied those homes. I have tried to find books about that little village, but no luck so far. It just seems sad that all those houses are just sitting there, and their stories are all but forgotten.

Judy, my dh never offers an opinion. His response is always that he doesn't care how I decorate. He is always willing to make my ideas work though.

Holly, glad you had fun at the zoo. Are the girls back in school this week?

Well,better go attend to my laundry. The washer just finished.

Morning peeps!

Cindy, part of the reason I ask for help decorating is because I have problems with subtle colors or shades, but regardless of that, I still love bright or unusual colors. I saw an aqua set of cupboards in Pier 1 yesterday....my house would be so eclectic and girlie hubby would have to walk around with sunglasses!!!

'Afternoon, ladies.  I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Linda ~ Your pictures are great.  :yes  What a fun way to spend a pretty spring day!

Judy ~ I've always loved Pier 1! It's actually headquartered here in Fort Worth and we have an old friend who's been with them for years.  Small things like pillows can change a whole room! (Coming from someone who stays very neutral because she can't ever make up her mind. :lol )

Joanne ~ Yay for the workman being finished and having your house back to yourselves. :) Have fun at CC tonight!

Holly ~ Spring break sounds like it was a good one!  Thinking of your hubby and all of you as he gets close to the surgery date. :manyheart

Cindy ~ I haven't heard of the author - are you enjoying the book more?  60* must seem like summer to you all!  I hope the snow is about gone very soon.

Hi to the rest of the House, too!  Has anyone heard anything from Tammy?  I hope her DH and Michael are okay.

Luke's party was lots of fun.  The place does everything for you and the employees are all very nice and helpful.  It's a huge building with monster bouncy houses, slides, etc.  Then they have a party room with decorations and serve pizza and drinks.  DD ordered the cake from her friend who is an artist with marzapan - I'll post a picture soon.  I mainly kept Zach occupied, so DD and SIL could play, too. ;)

Mary, sounds like Luke had a perfect pRty!!

I've seen Tammy post on her coffee n crafts FB site....I haven't checked her personal page in a while though. If she's been busy crocheting I would think the health issues are under control for now...only a guess.

Have a good night my friends.

Linda, I hope you're feeling ok today.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, It sounds like Luke had a nice fun birthday party.

CIndy, That horse statue is huge. I would like to be home for Easter. It will depend on the snow and my arm. The end of my 6 weeks of pt would be the 17th. We'll see how things are. I know hubby would go know if I would say the word. He said last week if it wasn't so cold at home he would go now. I still have a lot of pressure in my left hand and numbing and a little pain once in awhile. I know I could go to pt at home, but the place I go to doesn't have the equipment they have here. 

Linda, Your pictures are nice. They would making nice drawings. I went to a one room school K-2 grade. My first boyfriend was at that school. The barn from my grandparents farm is still standing. I don't know how old it is. I'm going to ask my mom if she knows. I drove by and took a picture of it one day, but I think I'll take the ipad and take another one. Such nice pics from it.Hope your feeling better today

Holly, Glad you made it to the zoo. Will be thinking of you this week as hubby's surgery date approaches.

Judy, Hubby doesn't care how I decorate the house. 

Joanne, Enjoy craft night tonight.

I posted pics on facebook from relay for life night and from are happy hour. We raised over $14,000.00. The most we have ever raised. Were not sure what is happening in this area, but they only had 5 teams. The football field use to be full of booths. 

I talked to one of my girlfriends today. We had a nice long talk. 

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Archived