Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Glad hubby got his surgery date and it doesn't interrupt spring break.

Mary, Hope you got some me time after you dropped DH off. 

Judy, Glad your feeling better! I will let Maya know everyone hopes she feels better. DS has the flu know.  

Joanne, I'm with Cindy on pt. I'm a big fan of it. This is my 6th set of pt since I've started having problems with my neck and hand. But I had it before on my elbow to. I wish the place I went to pt at home near where I live now was more up to date with equipment. 

Cindy, Glad you had a nice day before the next bout of winter sets in. 

Linda, Maybe some of are warmer temps will head your way soon. 

DD called the nurses hotline about Maya last night and the nurse told her to take her to urgent care, but they were closed so they went to er. They gave her some meds for the vomiting. Maya called earlier and said she was feeling a little better. She ate some toast with peanut butter. 

Hubby went golfing and I enjoyed my alone time. I did have pt early this morning. Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a typical day for Georgia weatherwise.  For early January.   :P   Only problem is it isn't January.   :no   It is supposed to start to warm up a bit tomorrow and maybe even some sun.  Yay!!!   :clap

Have a good night all.

Good morning, people.  It's definitely warmer today, but no sun yet.  Sweet Pea and I have been for our morning walk in the parking lot.  Each trip to the end of the row and back is a tenth of a mile and we managed 1/2 a mile this morning before my hip protested.  Not bad.  It was a quiet day at home yesterday and probably again today.  I'm planning on crocheting and watching some movies on TV.  Not a lot of ambition.

Hope you all have a good day.   :ghug

Hi ladies,

Linda I know how hard it is to stay moving when your body is hurting. Hopefully Spring really will spring soon.

Cindy, nice that you got home early!!

Marlene, good thing Maya can keep something down now. She sounds like such a sweetheart....

I am feeling better today. Nowhere near completely cleared up, but good enough that I know I can make bookclub meeting tomorrow.

I just got the mail and book four in the Karen White Tradd Street series is here... so guess what I'll be doing with any spare time the next several days :)

Hi ladies.

Judy, I'm so glad you are on the mend. Linda, hope your hip quits hurting.

It's a very March like day here, chilly, gloomy, drippy. I got my car washed yesterday, and I had an appointment this afternoon, so I had to take it out on the muddy roads. Oh well it's still cleaner than it was yesterday morning.

I found this neat looking basket pattern online a few days ago and thought I'd try it out. It's easy enough but I think that my rope is too flimsy to make a sturdy basket.

http://makemydaycreative.com/2013/06/12/crochet-rope-basket/

Well, back to the housework.....

Cindy, despite the hurricanes we get, I'm glad I don't live in michigan!

Enough winter already....anyone listening?

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope the weather warms up so you feel better. :sun  :sun  :sun

Judy, Maya is a real sweetheart. Wish I could clone her. Enjoy your new read.

Cindy, That is a nice basket. I started an Easter basket that had yarn crocheted over rope. It is a wip from 5 or 6 years ago.

Today at crafts we made suncatchers. We melted plastic beads in pans. Then this afternoon I played Bunco and tonight we played cards. 

Hope everyone has a nice thursday and first day of spring. :flower  

An early Good Morning!  The last few days have been so busy, I'm looking forward to a quieter one today. :)

Judy ~ Hopefully, your cold is about gone. :yes   Yay for a new book in the mail! 

Cindy ~ More snow!  I know you all can have snow into the spring, but you must be so ready to see the ground again.  Thank you for the link to the basket - the tutorials are great.  I've never tried that technique, but it looks fun.

Linda ~ I hope the achiness is better today. :hug   Are you finished with the navy/cream shawl?  We want pictures! ;)

Holly ~ Are you and the girls getting excited about Spring Break?  Yay for being able to use your parking space again!

Marlene ~ So sorry that Maya has been so sick.  I hope she's much better now. :manyheart   My mom's side of the family were all avid bridge players, but I didn't learn until about 20 years ago.  Never joined any bridge clubs, but liked to play "just for fun" with friends or family. :)   How long will you be at the Coast?

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Other than the cleaners and grocery store, I plan to be home today.  Now, if the cleaning and laundry fairy would just show up... :lol

Good morning peeps!

Getting off to a good start today....need to make banana bread for book club and do laundry, and see a friend for a cuppa this morning....miss my normal activities .....

Have a good day my friends

Good morning ladies. Happy first day of spring. It's snowing here and it looks like we picked up a bit of new snow overnight. , an inch or so. At least it won't last long and we still had 10 or 12 inches of snow on the ground to begin with. I suspect the spring floods here are going to be bad. There are flood warnings everyday.

Judy, I think I'd prefer lots of snow to hurricanes. I think hurricanes are usually a lot more damaging. (although, parents of a friend got home from their winter in Florida last week to find that their barn had collapsed under the weight of the snow.). Luckily they are retired, so no animals in there, but lots of equipment was ruined.). Banana bread sounds yummy, and I'm glad you feel able to go to book club.

Mary and Marlene, I tried out that basket tutorial yesterday. I didn't have any rope, but I found a ball of jute twine to use. My twine was pretty thin but quite stiff. The technique was pretty easy, once I figured out how to hold the project and realized that the yarn would get tangled around the rope if I didn't watch it. I think that a basket would grow pretty quickly with rope, and it would be easy to make it any size and shape you liked. And Marlene, I have WIPs older than 5 or 6 years.

Linda, it's nice you can park in your spot again.

I slept in today, which is unusual for me. I'm usually up by 7, but today it was after 9. As a result I feel kind of disoriented. Maybe another cup of coffee will fix that. Then it's on to my routine chores.

Okay, it's spring here.  I saw my first dandelion yesterday and my first robin today.

Prayer shawl meeting tonight.  Still cool outside, but better than the last couple of days.

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Glad you found your parking spot. 

Judy, Banana bread sounds good. Enjoy your book club group.

Mary, Maya is feeling better but still taking it easy. She has gone back to school. Now her mommy is sick. Glad were not there. Right now the plans are to be home for Easter. It could change depending on the snow and if we can get in and out of are driveway. 

Linda, Enjoy your prayer shawl group.

Cindy, The only reason I know how old that wip is, is because I started it the first year we were here.

Today we went to a cookout. It was the 15th annual hot dog roast put on by a couple here. We just talked to Maya. She said they have been doing some weaving at school and she made something with yarn (light yarn not heavy yarn) and she is going to make me something with it. It could be a necklace or a bracelet. She said it would be a pretty bracelet. 

Hope everyone has a great friday!

Morning, peeps!

The banana bread was a hit and i was asked for the recipe.

Marlene, Maya is so sweet....

I hope everyone has a good day - supposed to be warmer today. The brrds have been active and soon it will be time to but out the birdbaths. Not yet, though. Early next week there is a forecasr for temps in the 20's at night and a possibility of the dreaded four letter word dropping from the sky! :eek

'Morning, all. :)

Judy ~ How was book club?  I hope you had a good day and a good visit with your friend. :yes

Linda ~ Yes, we have a few dandelions, too. :lol  It's beginning to feel like spring here.  Did you have a good turnout at your prayer shawl group?

Cindy ~ Good for you for sleeping in yesterday!  I may try the basket, too...and see how tangled up in yarn and rope I get! ;)

Holly ~ Are the girls excited about having next week off?  I hope your weather is good for spring break. :)

Marlene ~ How is the weather at the coast?  All of the cook outs and activities sound like so much fun!  And how are your arm and hand - hopefully they are much better. :manyheart

Only one errand to take care of today - we'll be here other than that. :clap   Have a wonderful morning! ♥♥♥

Good morning.  We were a rowdy bunch at prayer shawl group last night.  We have so much fun together and also share our heartaches and sorrows, too.  When Cydney saw the navy and cream shawl finished her words were, "That's mine!"  She went back to her car and wrote me out a check on the spot.  And for more than I was asking, which just floored me as I thought I was asking a lot already.  Turns out the navy is alpaca instead of wool, which made her even happier.  We took some pictures and I'll see how they turned out later in the day.

I'm planning on a quiet day today.  Got a couple more art books yesterday and plan on using them for inspiration and help with my techniques.  Both come from different points of view but tie in well with the way my instructor teaches.  I've added some artist quality colored pencils to my wish list, too.  I tried out some of hers and there is a world of difference in the results.

Hope you all have a good Friday.

OMG!!!  :eek I just got orders for two more shawls like Cydney's.  Now I have to find more of the thread and yarn.  I am floored!  And thrilled!  WOW!    :D

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The weather here at the coast has been in the upper 60's to upper 70's. It's really been nice. 

Linda, That's great news on your sales! 

Holly, I hope you get some decent weather for spring break. Have fun and enjoy it!

DD sent me a picture of Maya's weaving piece. It's pretty big for a necklace or bracelet. I said it could be a coaster for a drink or a doily for a picture. She texted back Maya said it's going to be a necklace or bracelet. I said ok. 

Tonight we had ladies night. It's been awhile since we have had it. It seems to always get canceled for something else. We had 10 ladies, which is a nice turn out. One of my friends here from Michigan just came in about 10 days ago. Her husband had a kidney transplant and doctor wouldn't let him come. Well they live in an A-frame house and all the snow they've had they asked the doctor again and he said no he didn't want them coming here. Well they did it anyways. They said they have had enough. He is in the hospital now. He has an infection and it has gotten in his blood. He had this back home in november or december she said. He is pretty weak. They said he is either going to go to San Antonio to a dialysis hospital (he's not on dialysis) or go back home. But the doctor told her she is not driving him home. She said he drove here and he has been doing great. But they need some prayers. If you would keep him in your prayers it would be appreciated. His name is Bob. 

Tomorrow we are having are appreciation dinner. Of course were cooking it. Not sure what all is on the menu.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi, my friends....

Holly, enjoy spring break!

Marlene, I'll definitely keep Bob and his wife in my prayers....I can see why they wanted to get away from the babd weather, and now dealing with such a setback!!

It's supposed to get up to 60 today - but the clouds and the wind tell me it's not going to feel like it!

The baby boy RR I'm making will be going to a young family up the street.  When the mom had her first, a girl, I barely knew her, but gave her baby hats as a small gift....one in each color, since she didn't want to know the gender ahead of time. The baby girl also benefited from my testing the mermaid pattern. She looked so cute in it. But I'll be making a double strand girlie RR for the 1 1/2 yo so she can use it lay on for naps, play on it, etc. Don't want her to feel left out :)

Have a good day, ladies!

Archived