Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. Still gloomy here, but we missed the torrential rain and hail and high winds that hit just a little to the west of us yesterday. I feel quite a bit better, but I still don't have a voice.

Holly, I'm sure the girls were pleased to have Daddy doing the usual bedtime routine. Glad he is finally on the road to recovery.

My plan for the day is laundry.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, I don't think it bothers my hubby too much either. Last night he got to read without any interruptions from me. Hmmm, maybe I need him to lose his voice. He always wants to talk when I am in the middle of a knitting row. In my head I'm going "knit, knit, purl, knit two together, etc," and he wants to talk. Doesn't he know that knitting requires my entire brain? ( or at least whatever I've got left of it!)

My handy dandy appliances are busy working for me. Washer, dryer, dishwasher, and Neato. Good thing too because I am busy playing with my serger. I'm going to master that thing yet!

Good morning.  Messed up this morning.  Accidently turned off my alarm and didn't get up to take Taylor to school.  My phone was in the car so didn't hear it ring.  Rosie came over in a panic afraid something had happened to me.  Woke up to banging on my door and a migraine headache.  :headache The headache is gradually getting better.   

Wayne is doing good! He got the stitches out yesterday. Tonight, he was able to do his normal bedtime routine with the girls, which they loved. :)

I'm so glad to hear that Wayne is getting back to his normal self.  Yay, for the stitches coming out!

I've started another picture.  It's of an old barn out in the country.  I am finding some ways of doing it that I haven't seen in any of the books.   :lol   This is becoming a lot of fun.   :D

Hope you all have a great hump day.

I have to echo Judy, Linda, that was some start to your day.

Judy, husbands are kind of like children, they don't necessarily pay any attention to you, until your attention seems to be occupied elsewhere. I remember my children would be playing in another room of the house, but the second the phone rang, all three of them would gather around me with some request. As soon as I hung up the phone, they were through with me, and went back to whatever they had been doing.

I have my laundry done, daily stuff done, dinner prep finished and I did some sewing. I also made a bunch of applesauce. I guess I don't feel quite as good as I thought because I'm exhausted.

So now I'm sitting outside on the front porch, reading on my IPad, and when I looked up a minute ago, two deer were grazing in my front yard. They were camera shy though. Evidently the dog is out back somewhere or she would have chased them out of her territory.

Oh, Cindy, how cool.  I remember deer in the front yard when I was growing up.

Spent most of the day crocheting on the laceweight shawl and my new drawing/painting.  Never completely kicked the migraine, but it did get better.  I'm heading to bed early tonight.

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Great news on Wayne! I know how excited the girls must of been for him to be able to do join in on there bedtime routine.

Judy, Are you doing the raindrop pattern for your pillow? That pattern is really close to the Zack's afghan.

Cindy, I couldn't agree more on husbands always wanting are attention when were deep in something else. Hope you get your voice back soon.

Linda, That's a bad start to the day. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Today I did some laundry and got bills ready to mail out tomorrow. Hubby has a follow appointment tomorrow with the heart doctor. Them increasing the meds has taken the pain away. I'm heading to bed, have to be up early. Have a nice thursday everyone!

Morning, peeps!

Marlene, yes, it's the raindrops pattern....I love it, and as I was putting it away for the night yesterday I was thinking what a great ghan the pattern would make...esp for using up scraps!

Good Morning!  It's a beautiful morning, but very chilly for us this time of year...42*!

Holly ~ That is wonderful news about Wayne. :manyheart  

Cindy ~ Yes, I'm sure my DH would love it if I lost my voice, too. :lol   Actually, there are days I wish he would lose his. ;)

Marlene ~ 'Hope all goes well with your DH's appt.  Do you have pictures of Zack's afghan? (hint, hint :) )

Hi to Judy, Linda and the rest of Our House!

My DH has a dr. appt. at 11:45.  He has to have a "guy procedure" and we'll schedule that today.  They have moved my brother to the main Baylor hospital in Dallas for further tests and to start dialysis today.  It's even further for me to drive - Sue is going today.  The lawyer postponed our meeting until tomorrow, but we drove to see Mike that day anyway.  Gee, aren't I just full of good news? ;)

Have a good day, friends! ♥♥♥♥♥

Oh, it's going to be 30 degrees warmer than yesterday by this afternoon. And very humid.

Oh, well. At least the five inches of rain yesterday took care of the potential drought situation!

Hi, Mary....you sound like you've been having all bad news like the calls DH has been getting from friends all week. He doesn't want to answer the phone any more! No one seems to call with good news!!!

Hugs, hon.....

Hi, Mary....you sound like you've been having all bad news like the calls DH has been getting from friends all week. He doesn't want to answer the phone any more! No one seems to call with good news!!!

Hugs, hon.....

Yes, maybe May will be better.  'Hope so!  I'm so glad you're enjoying the new yarn! :yes

Hello ladies. It is a very wet day here. Dd and I were hoping to go to the garage sales in our neighborhood, but it didn't stop raining enough to make it worthwhile. We ran some errands and went out for lunch instead. We stopped by Goodwill and dd found some nice art work for her house. I bought a like new bread maker for $6.99 minus my senior discount. I scrubbed it out but haven't tried it yet. I can return it if it doesn't work. It only makes a small one pound loaf, but that is plenty for the two of us.

I can talk a bit today. I think my voice ought to be completely back by tomorrow or Saturday. I have to work tomorrow and then we have a wedding in Canada on Saturday.

Mary, sorry that you are dealing with so much. Hopefully the lawyer meeting will go off without a hitch and your Dh's procedure was scheduled.

Good morning!  Today is off to a much better start.  I think that I need a new alarm clock though.  It didn't go off at all this morning.  But I'm much more rested today.  I accomplished a lot more yesterday on the painting.  This one is of an old barn with a tin roof that's rusting.  I'm liking where it's going for the most part.  The sky is off, but the rest is really coming along.  I'm about to start in with the pen and ink now.  Have to let it thoroughly dry before I start that, so taking a bit of a break to check on everyone on line.

Hi Ladies,

Today I did some laundry and got bills ready to mail out tomorrow. Hubby has a follow appointment tomorrow with the heart doctor. Them increasing the meds has taken the pain away. I'm heading to bed, have to be up early. Have a nice thursday everyone!

That's good news on the pain.  Hope the follow up appointment goes well.

Good Morning!  It's a beautiful morning, but very chilly for us this time of year...42*!

Marlene ~ 'Hope all goes well with your DH's appt.  Do you have pictures of Zack's afghan? (hint, hint :) )

My DH has a dr. appt. at 11:45.  He has to have a "guy procedure" and we'll schedule that today.  They have moved my brother to the main Baylor hospital in Dallas for further tests and to start dialysis today.  It's even further for me to drive - Sue is going today.  The lawyer postponed our meeting until tomorrow, but we drove to see Mike that day anyway.  Gee, aren't I just full of good news? ;)

Have a good day, friends! ♥♥♥♥♥

Good luck to DH.  It may be just as well that the lawyer meeting was postponed.  It will give you and the doctors' a chance to determine just how "with it" your brother is now that he's conscious.  If he isn't really all there, that will make a big difference in what the lawyer and you decide to do/can do legally.  Hang in there!  We're pulling for you.   :hug

Sigh!  I wrote the above about 8:30 but forgot to hit the post button.  Prayer shawl meeting tonight.  We're back at the church now.  I kind of miss meeting at Miss Anne's house.  Somehow it seemed more relaxed there, but I'm sure she's glad to get her spare bedroom back.  We had a lot of stuff stored there.   :lol

It's six PM and after the horrible cold, windswept rain of yesterday (Five inches) today was a dream. We all had a great time sitting outside earlier. This is the current view from my recliner as I wait for the Yankee game to start.post-8552-0-06793300-1398982325_thumb.jpg

Good morning peeps.

It rained again but overnight this time. It's not sunny this morning, but I'll take the no rain part of that...lol!

Cindy, I hope your voice is back!

Linda, Marlene, Mary, Holly, Sherry, Joanne, I hope you all have a peaceful day.

Hi ladies - just a quick hello!!  I guess the computer problem at home isn't fixed yet.  It's now back to what it was earlier.  I guess I'll have to call again :(   Still not caught up on the posts.  But you all are in my prayers. 

Yesterday was Missy Snuggles (our puppy) birthday!!  DD bought her a birthday cake from the Barking Dog Bakery (never knew something like that existed).  She took a video of her eating it, really cute.  I'll try to post a pic of it (if I can get my home computer back up and running). 

No boys this weekend--they are going camping (it's gonna be almost 100 this weekend).  At least there's supposed to be good weather this weekend, next week--not so good, a chance of storms again--I really dread this time of the year with all the storms/tornadoes.  Prayers for those in the areas affected this last weekend. 

Well, I'd better go and get busy.  May you all have a wonderful day!!  Hugs to you all.

A quick good morning - I slept in a little later than usual and need to get going.

Judy ~ What a lovely picture.  Sure sounds like you all have had enough rain for a while!

Linda ~ Did you have a good turn out last night? 

Hi Sherry!  I hope the computer/internet issues get resolved soon.

Cindy ~ So glad you're feeling better. :yes

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart   I'm not looking forward to my day, but off I go.

Good morning.  Today got off to a rocky start.  Sprint called and woke me up about midnight.  Never did understand the message.  Anyway, I decided to pay the bill in case that was it.  But it was declined.  Went to the bank's number and got the message, 
Account closed.  Available balance $500."  Huh!?!   :think   Tried it again and got the same message.  Tried to pay the Sprint bill again and it was again declined.  By then I was wide awake and totally confused and angry.  So, watched TV for a while and worked on my barn picture.  Finally got back to sleep.

Then I went to get the money order for my rent and the card was declined.  Twice.   :think  Called the company that handles it.  Somebody had hacked it and was spending it in New Zealand!   :eek   Card is now cancelled.  Don't know if I'll get the money back or not, but I sure hope so.  Things just got very tight budget-wise this month.  I am not a happy camper!  At least I got the money for the red shawl last night and will get money for the driving this week and last week, which will help.

I will be sooooo glad when this week is over!

Hope you all have a good day. 

It's six PM and after the horrible cold, windswept rain of yesterday (Five inches) today was a dream. We all had a great time sitting outside earlier. This is the current view from my recliner as I wait for the Yankee game to start.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Love the view!  It's great.

Sherry, a doggie birthday cake! Must have been so cute.... I hope the computer issues get resolved for good! Totally annoying!

Mary, I hope your day goes as smoothly as it can. Hugs.

Linda, some banks cover the illegal purchases....have you checked with them? Was it a debit card? Boy, you've been through so much stuff lately....you need lots of hugs, too!

Hi ladies. Must have been the week for credit card problems. One of ours was hacked too.

Linda, I think that by law you are only liable for $50 at the most of illegal credit card use. Dsil and dd had it happen with their debit card and they got all the money returned.

I had a good day at work today, but I'm really tired. Tomorrow one of my nephews is getting married, and the wedding is about 4 1/2 hours away. We thought about going there tonight and staying in a hotel, but dh says that he would rather just do all the driving tomorrow. It's gonna be a l-o-o-o-ng day!

Archived