Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Oh, Mary!  I'm so sorry.   :hug   Sending prayers your way.  You've sure had your share of problems in the last year.

I did some laundry yesterday.  Then went to supper with John and Rosie and on to see the musical, How I Learned to be a Pirate.  Ashley was in it.  It was very entertaining.  Then back to Rosie and John's.  It ended up being a long, long day.  Much longer than anticipated.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. I'm still not feeling 100% but I did go to work today. I'm really tired now.

Mary, I'm so sorry to read about your brother. You've had such a lot to deal with in the past year.

Linda, sounds like a fun day, even if it was a long one.

Holly, great news that Wayne could go home. I bet the girls are excited. Hope everything goes well now.

Thank you Linda, Cindy and Judy. ♥  We'll just have to take it one day at a time.

On a happy note ~ Luke called tonight to tell me that he can spell his name, Zach's name and Batman's name. :)   And that he's not sure how to spell Robin's name yet. :)   So very cute. :c9

Have a good night, House. :manyheart

Mary, that is priceless.  And every so sweet.

I've spent most of the day at home playing games on the computer, reading, and crocheting.  I really nice day.

I've made the decision to get rid of several  things that I either haven't used since moving here or have only used a little.  Three are donate-able.  One chair will just be ditched.  It work cost as much to refurbish is as to replace it.

Cindy, glad that you could work, but don't overdo it.

Thanks to all of you for the hugs.  :manyheart   It means so much to know I can share things with you.  I think I'll stay home today.  The weather forecast is a little scary - especially in the direction I would be going.  He is still not responding to anything this morning, but they're not calling it a coma.

Linda ~ It's the perfect time to downsize...less to move!  Have you found any apartments online?  Your time with Rosie and John sounds so fun. :)   Ashley must be very talented!

Judy ~ Has your Lucy yarn arrived?  Can't wait to see the colors and the project!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. ♥♥♥   BBL

Hi, Mary....no, the Lucy yarn hasn't arrived yet and from the way they spoke of security measures taking place on overseas mail, as well as the normal customs issues I really don't expect it for weeks yet. If it come earlier I'll be stunned. That could happen....one of the benefits of living on the east coast and not west.....

It's 55 degrees out there....have a fire going in the fireplace and am wearing a sweatshirt jacket till the house warms up!!...and we had to put the heat back on!

Judy ~ We shop vacuumed the fireplace a couple of weeks ago.  But we have a box of firelogs just in case we have a late cool spell!  We go through lots of firewood in the winter and I miss it. (And always dread our summers!)  I hope your yarn doesn't take too long!

Just in case I have to leave really early tomorrow...

:birthday    to Marlene!  Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!  :cake

Happy Birthday, Marlene!!!

I have worked a whole lot on my picture in watercolor and pen and ink today.  Spent part of the afternoon/evening with Rosie and John today and did part of the picture making over there.  They will be heading to Colorado for the summer in another week or so, we're getting in as much time as possible together now as I'll be gone by the time they get back.

Here's a shot of my first watercolor and pen and ink drawing.  It's the one room school house.

post-9295-0-31383700-1398652913_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone has a good week.

Morning peeps!

Linda, that sketch is absolutely wonderful!!! I'll bet grandson will be asking you to do some for his room!

Marlene, I wish you the happiest of birthdays!!!!!!!

Good morning ladies. I'm still feeling lousy with this cold, but it's a little better each day. It's mostly just sinus congestion and a headache now. So, once my coffee, Motrin and decongestant kick in, I ought to be good to go. Dd is dropping by today, and she wants to go shopping. A little fresh air won't hurt me, although I think it will be wet, fresh air. It's supposed to rain all week.

Linda, I think your drawing is really good. You definitely have talent.

Mary, sending hugs.

Marlene, happy Birthday!,, hope your day is wonderful!

I don't remember if I posted this....it's a 33 by 39 inch version of a free Caron pattern. I had enough of the pattern, so decided to end it :lol

post-8552-0-96248300-1398703374_thumb.jpg

And look what I found on my porch this morning...TA-DA....Lucy's chunky yarn pillow kit!!! I can't wait to start it!

post-8552-0-18045300-1398703445_thumb.jpg

Judy, love the blanket and the yarn for Lucy's pillow is beautiful.  

Cindy, hope the cold lets up soon.   :hug   We are supposed to be getting a lot of rain this week, too.  There are flood warnings up already for through Thursday.  We got a little yesterday, only enough to settle the dust.

I have drawing class in a couple of hours and then I'll find out what the instructor thinks of my drawing.  I am thrilled with it.  It turned out so much better than anticipated.  I could really get to like this medium.  In fact, I think I already do.  I think that my initial slow start was more related to allergy fuzziness than anything else.  But as that is getting better the thinking and plotting that I did during that time really helped this first, full-blown attempt.  Not sure if I'll try to redo this scene or tackle a different one from among the many photos I took.  I will definitely be doing more.   :P   Thanks for all the compliments on this one.   :c9

Good morning, all. :)

Linda ~ The drawing is wonderful!  I bet everyone was very impressed at class yesterday. :clap  

Judy ~ The afghan is lovely.  And how exciting to get the yarn!  Is it the Stylecraft DK?  I loved working with it on the Granny Stripes and want to order more now. :lol

Cindy ~ I hope your cold is much better. :hug  

Holly ~ How is hubby doing?  Thinking of you all and hoping his recovery is going well. :manyheart

Hi to everyone I've missed. ♥

Michael actually spoke a few words yesterday and knew his name, but didn't know where he was.  The doctor is more concerned with organ damage at this point.  DH and I are going to have a consultation with the lawyer, just to get some advice and options in case Sue or I need to be appointed temp. or longer term guardian. Sure hate to go that route, but it may be necessary. :(  One day at a time...

Good morning!  We had storms last night and could have more this morning, but nothing bad in my vicinity.  There were downed trees and power lines in parts of Atlanta.

Mary ~ It's good that Michael spoke, but he's clearly not out of the woods yet.  Praying for all of you.  Good luck with the attorney visit.  I'm guessing that a lot will depend on how much of his mental faculties he retains as to whether or not guardianship is possible and/or needed.  And what's needed and possible may not be the same thing unfortunately.   :hug

Hope you all have a safe and good Tuesday.

No drawing class yesterday.  Apparently the teacher was sick.  Only two of us showed up.  We compared drawings and I bought a mat and frame for mine.  Also some sepia pens for a bit subtler shading.

Thank you, Linda. :manyheart   Yes, sad but true...if he is capable of speaking and makes sense, he could be right back home doing the same things again.  Plus, he could run out of money pretty quickly with the hospital and rehab bills. 

So sorry your teacher was sick and you weren't able to share your beautiful work! 

Hi ladies. Feeling a little better today but I've lost my voice. I can just barely whisper. I have to go out this afternoon though and pick up my passport pictures. I was supposed to get them yesterday and forgot. I will have to get dh to call and see when she will be in her office. If I call, she probably won't be able to hear me.

Linda, too bad about the drawing class being cancelled.

Judy, love the blanket and the Lucy yarn is just lovely.

Mary, I'm glad your brother said a few words. My guess is that only time will tell if your brother will ever be able to be responsible for himself again.

It's gloomy here, and looks like rain, but it's quite warm, so I'm working out in the garage a bit. It ends cleaning after our long winter.

Have a good day, ladies.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a quite day around here until evening and the phone rang off the wall. 

Mary, So sorry your having to go through this with your brother. I'm glad he's awake and speaking. I hope for you and your families sake he has hit his bottom. You have enough on your plate to deal with. Luke is so cute!

Linda, Sorry your apt manager isn't looking out for her residents. Your picture looks great! Your such a talented lady. Enjoy your time with Rosie and John. 

Cindy, I hope your voice comes back soon and you feel better soon to. Some good finds at the garage sale. 

Judy, The blanket is beautiful! Can't wait to see your pillow. The yarn colors are beautiful. I need to go to Lucy's website and check out the pillow. 

Holly, Great news that Wayne is home. I bet the girls are real happy to. I hope he continues to improve.

Hi Joanne and everyone else in the house I missed.

Maya came for the weekend. She was glued to me. I told her to think about what she wants to do this summer. She was happy to hear my nieces daughter wants to come spend a week and go swimming. She is a year older than Maya. 

I made a turkey dinner yesterday with plenty of leftovers for today and some in the freezer to. Hope everyone has a good week!

Morning all!

Marlene you would love this project. The yarn is wonderful to work with. I'm following her color changes and it's been easy...too easy. I found simple errors in my work and frogged a couple of rows...twice!

Holly, that is such great news about hubby! The girls wanted their daddy back completely.

We have that nasty weather that's been sweeping the Midwest and south. The wind is so bad! There's talk of a deluge this afternoon.

Archived