Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks, gals.  On a brighter note, I've finished my second drawing with water-color pencils, pens and ink.  I am so happy with how this is going and discovering lots of different ways to do it.  Wheeeee!!

post-9295-0-59467700-1399064825_thumb.jpg

This an old barn from way out in the middle of nowhere.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, you really have the shading down! Great sketches!

Wow, Ci nay, that's a heck of an amount of driving!!!!!

Thanks, gals.  On a brighter note, I've finished my second drawing with water-color pencils, pens and ink.  I am so happy with how this is going and discovering lots of different ways to do it.  Wheeeee!!

attachicon.gifDCP_2702.jpg

This an old barn from way out in the middle of nowhere.

Love your drawing!,,

Hi Ladies,

Linda, When it rains it pours on you. I hope that dark cloud becomes sunshine real soon. That drawing is just awesome! 

Mary, Hope all went well for DH. I hope things brighten up for you to. 

Cindy, Glad your feeling better. What project will you take with you for your trip? It will be a long day, but enjoy the wedding and family time.

Sherry, I never heard of doggie cakes. Did DD get it locally? I hope you get your internet up and running quickly. 

Judy, Love your view! 

At the heart doctors appt we mentioned hubby had a lot of times of feeling light headed and a few times he almost fell. So next wednesday he going to have a heart monitor hooked up to him to wear for 24 hours so they can monitor him. Since we've been home he hasn't had the problem. But the doctor said maybe he had times when his blood pressure dropped to low. So we need to monitor it and if it happens again check it then to. 

We stopped by my sisters yesterday for a visit then over to step daughters. She and the sil are back together or he's back home. 

DS called me earlier this week because Jocelyn's birthday is monday and he has the kids this weekend. Did I want to come to Chicago to celebrate her birthday. Is he crazy? I hate driving in heavy traffic and he knows it. He said I could follow him. RIght! He drives faster than me, and I would not be in a very good mood. I left it that I would let him know in a couple of days. He called me yesterday and said I could meet him down at Maya's town sunday. He was going to take the kids to Chucky Cheese's right by Maya's house. Boy was I glad to hear that. 

Even going to Texas we don't usually hit heavy traffic. I avoid Houston every year. It is bad there to. Everyone in are park just tells me get in a middle lane and stay there don't worry about everyone else. I can't do it. Anxiety big time. 

Today we went to help move Zack back from college. Tomorrow were going to DD's so we will drop his stuff off at there house on are way. He isn't done until next thursday so he only kept just what he needed. 

Hoping everyone has nice weekend!

Good morning!!!

I have had a nice vacation. I did t go to Boston but opted to stay home and will visit dd in June. I was still getting over the bronchitis and felt the best thing for me was rest. I got a lot of things accomplished at home and spent Wed with dd and the boys. Late this afternoon I'm babysitting.

I've read through posts but rather than reply to them all let me just send some cyber hugs to all of you!!!! DH wants to go to a flea market today so we will be heading out shortly.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!!!

Good Saturday morning!

Linda ~ :hug   I had the exact thought Marlene did...that little black cloud hanging over you needs to move on!  I'm so sorry about the identity theft. :(   Your barn drawing is fabulous! :clap

Joanne ~ Hi!  So glad you had a good, relaxing week. :yes

Marlene ~ Hopefully the heart monitor test will show what's going on with your DH. :hug   I'm right there with you on driving in major traffic!  An early Happy Birthday to Jocelyn! :cake

Cindy ~ I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding! 

Hi to those I've missed, too. :manyheart

The lawyer was very helpful and we discussed options.  We're going to see if Michael shows more progress in the next week or so  and go from there.  I'm feeling really stressed and need to have some crochet time later!

Woo hoo!!! I went to the yarn store since they were having a spin the wheel event for customer appreciation day. I am going to participate in their next KAL and decided to treat myself to some "vacation" yarn. I bought 3 skeins of Madeline tosh DK yarn. I spun the wheel and I got 50percent off!!!!!

Happy Saturday, everyone.  Today has been better and I've accomplished a lot.  Packed the first of many boxes yesterday.  

I started a shawl for me yesterday.  Or, at least, I have hopes of getting to keep this one.  It's called Peacock and is in blues, purples, greens, and turquoises.  I splurged on the yarn.  It's Unforgettable Boutique by Red Heart.  It's super soft and feels so nice when I pet it.   :P

Hope you all have a good day.

Hugs, Mary.   :hug

Joanne ~ How fun to get the Mt yarn with a discount!  We have a fairly new LYS near my DD that has the whole line, but I haven't made it there yet.

Linda ~ Oh, you sure deserve to have a better day!  The colors of your new yarn sound gorgeous. :yes 

Summer has arrived here and the a.c. is running again.  Never look forward to our summer heat - guess we don't have a choice, though. ;)

No crocheting today, but I did clean out one of the beds in the back yard.  Boy, am I behind on yardwork!

See you all tomorrow! ♥♥♥

Morning, peeps.

Linda, that's the brand yarn I used for my shawl....your colors sound beautiful!!

Mary, hope you don't overdo yard work.

Good Morning. :)

DH and I are going over to DD's around 10:30 to play in their back yard and have a picnic lunch!  I made pasta salad and fruit salad to take with us. Can't wait to see Batman and Robin - it's been too long. :yes

I hope you are all having a good weekend. :manyheart

Linda and Judy - Oops, I forgot to ask about the yarn.  Is it easy to work with?  Hook size?  I've looked at it and love the way it feels.  Thank you! ♥

Mary, I forget what hook size I used for the top down shawl, but the yarn was easy to work with. It was interesting the way, how, along with the color changes, the thickness and texture of the yarn changed throughout. I would definitely play with it again. It washed up well, too.

Enjoy the hugs from Batman and Robin!

Good morning.  Hope you are all having a great Sunday.   :manyheart

Linda and Judy - Oops, I forgot to ask about the yarn.  Is it easy to work with?  Hook size?  I've looked at it and love the way it feels.  Thank you! ♥

As Judy said the yarn also varies in thickness.  I'm finding it very easy to work with.  The shawl that I'm making with it is very lacy so I'm using a K hook.  Much larger than the suggested size of G or H.   :P

I've started another picture with the watercolor pencils, pen, and ink.  My sky is getting better with each picture as are my shadings.  I'm very, very happy with this medium.   :D

Hi all, my internet is "sort of" working.  It's almost as slow as before.  :(  Not sure what we will do as the last tech said they couldn't improve the speed.  So I may end up calling again and see what they tell us this time.  There is also this horrible hum on the phone line (supposedly from a street light).  So we'll talk and decide.  I hate to give up our AT&T because it's at a retiree rate. 

Haven't read much yet.  It's so slow to load, I just read this page.  Joanne - WOW what a deal on the yarn!!!  Hope you enjoy it.

Marlene - hope you're having a good weekend.  The "doggie cake" is made locally.  It had icing and it's really hard, like a dog biscuit.  One of the women I work with has a soft dog cake recipe and she's going to give to me tomorrow.  So I'll share it once I get it.  She said her dogs love it.  Missy loves her cake but it's gonna take a long time to eat it since we have to break it off.

Linda - awesome drawing!!

Well they will have a meeting (probably going on right now) about the change of pastors.  It's been a stressful week and I'm not sure this week will be any better.  I'll just be glad when the change is made and maybe we can have a normal day (I'd say week but that's never gonna happen LOL). 

Have a great weekend all!!

T

A doggie cake! Awesome idea for the pups... Sherry, I've made dog cookies for them, using canned pumpkin, and they love them.

Wow ladies.....so I haven't been here since February!!!!  My how the time flies.

I've been busy, both with work and outside of work which is good.  I've been saying to a couple friends that I need to get in here to check in with you all for the past month!

My parents are starting to look at houses out here in Pittsburgh, so I feel like that's been consuming all of my free computer time!  I went to a couple open houses this afternoon and am sitting here uploading pics.

I'm sorry I've been out of the loop for sooooo long, but I'm hoping to get better :xfin 

Hi, Marisa! Welcome back here.... That will be great having your parents nearby. I know how close your are to them. I hope the search is successful.

Great to hear from you, Marisa.  I've been thinking about you a bunch lately and hoping you were okay.  That's nice that your folks will be closer.

I've never tried to make doggy treats, but one of my sisters-in-law does.

Two of my sisters-in-law are retiring this summer and with me moving back up north it will make us all a lot more able to get together and share tricks, recipes, and time with each other.

Can't believe that my stay cation is almost over and it's back to the grind tomorrow All good things must come to an end I suppose.

Sherry I sur hope you van get the internet straightened out. It must be is frustrating.

Mary, I hope you had fun with batman and robin today!!! I had a ball babysitting last night. The boys are soooo good about bedtime. Dd and sil have done a great job of establishing a bedtime routine.

Marisa, it was good to see a post from you. I think if you often. That's great that your parents have started Looking at houses. And good that you are so busy with work and outside of work.

We are watching the rangers penguins game and thought of both you and Judy. I am a devils fan bit in deference to my son in law, I'm rooting for his team, the rangers I must say they stink at power plays. Lol

Linda. I'm glad that the new medium has you so excited. Love your work!!!

Cindy I hope you aphid a nice time at the wedding and that your voice is returning!!

Marlene, I hope you had a good weekend. Will keep your DH in my prayers for his upcoming tests.

Will wish you all a good Monday now !!!

Hi House. :)

Judy and Linda ~ Thank you for the great info about the yarn!  I think I'll try it with a scarf pattern. :yes

Linda ~ So glad you'll be back with your family before long! 

Hi Marisa!  I hope everything is going well for you. :)  How nice that your parents will be closer to you and your sister!

Sherry ~ We've had so many issues with internet "signal strength" in our area.  They have finally improved that in the last couple of years, but it's so frustrating!

Holly ~ How are you all?  :manyheart

Joanne ~ Have a good back to work day!

We had lots of fun at DD's yesterday.  The boys are very busy. :lol 

Good morning. I am on call for work, so I got up early. There was another nurse on call as well, and they said she wanted to be called in first. It doesn't matter to me either way. In the meantime, I got laundry done, cleaned out my half (okay, two thirds) of the closet, and as soon as the sheets are dry, I will remake the bed.

The wedding on Saturday was very nice, but oh my, what a long day! 9 hours in the car, and a very long day in between. There were several hours in between the wedding and the reception. We went to a couple of stores and out for coffee with my siblings in between. It took me until this morning to feel normal again.

It was Dh's birthday on Saturday. Both of us were sick last week, and Saturday was the wedding, so we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate. (Dh pointed out that it's usually cheaper to eat out on Mobdays than on the weekend.). We will probably drop by the inlaws afterwards. We haven't seen them in a couple of weeks.

Marisa, it's nice to see you again. I've been wondering about you. How nice that your parents will soon be nearby.

Sherry, we are lucky with internet around here. We live out in the country but we have quite a few choices for speedy internet. One of my co-workers lives about 6 miles from here and they can only get internet through one provider. Hope you get something figured out for yours,

Joanne and Mary, glad you had fun with the little boys this weekend. We did not see our grandsons this weekend. We were gone all day Saturday and too p**ped to party on Sunday.

Linda, it's great that you and your sisters will be able to spend time together when you move. Do they live in that area?

Judy, I looked at that pillow on Lucy's blog. With all those luscious colors, I totally see why it called to you. I love her blog and her use of color, and I think it looks great. However, I can't see myself living with all that color. I'm a boring neutrals, earth tone person in my house, although I do like bright colors for clothes. None of that classic black and white wardrobe for me, (unless it has a pop of red or turquoise or fuchsia, etc....)

Holly, hope Waybe is making good progress with healing.

And yes, I can talk again! Well, back to work!

Hi, Cindy and everyone!

Cindy, yay for getting your voice back! And I never enjoy weddings just for the reason you mentioned. All that down time!

Gee, I didn't think anyone would discover why Lucy's pillow appeared to me...lol!!!! Still puffing away on it. Repeat, repeat....boring, but the feel of the yarn and the colors are wonderful!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad you got your voice back. We attended a wedding once were the time was broke up. I don't like that and probably wouldn't go to one again. 

Mary, Your time with Batman and Robin sounds like a nice time. Can't wait for it to warm up and stay warm here so we can sit outside. Hope you get some crochet time in.

Linda, Your new yarn sounds gorgeous. That will be nice to have more family around.

Marisa, Good to see you here. That will be nice to have your parents so much closer. Good luck with the house hunting. It's good for you to be busy with work and life. Have fun! But we do miss you here!

Joanne, Glad your feeling better after getting lots of rest. 

Sherry, I hope they get your internet figured out. I wonder why they can't give you a new modem. I would think they would offer more than one speed to. I hope your new pastor will bring some settling of things for you and your job.

Saturday while I was getting ready to go to Maya's hubby did the dishes. I can hear this water in the crawl space dumping. I holler for him and he open the closet and opens the trap door and there is the water. We came home yesterday from Maya's to fix it thinking it has to do with the toliet as he said that the water was coming from there. Today we worked on it. I got down on the floor and watched for water and I believe there is a pipe leaking not at the toliet. There all connected. So glad we still have the rv, we will be using it. 

Had a nice time with Maya. DD and Maya's daddy went to some friends to watch the fight so we sat with Maya and watched a movie. She reads every day so she read to me. She's reading from the series of books I bought her. Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park. She came to Maya's school last year and Maya just was so excited. DD and I picked up on this and I found her some of the books last year at a garage sale. Yesterday she asked me when will I see you again Grandma. :(  I told her it would be 3 or 4 weeks. 

We had a nice time at Jocelyn's birthday party. Caught up with Emme on the wedding plans. 

Three girls thought they were going to go swimming just a bit ago. Two had there swimsuits on and the other one had shorts on. I think they knew I was watching as they left. Where are there parents? 

Hope everyone has a good week!

Archived