Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Marisa- Have fun baking!!

Cindy- I never heard of cherry pit microwave bags, so did a google search. They sound so cool- And I definitely think that DH should have to clean the bathrooms! :devil Hope you had a good time at the Christmas concert!

Christy- Good to hear from you again, and sorry to hear that your wrists are bothering you!:hug

Judy- My DD got a nook simple touch- and I'm thinking that is what I'm going to get. I already have an iPad, and don't need the bells and whistles of a NC or tablet. I have the 1st gen Nook and it will no longer be supported with updates etc. The simple touch is simply a reader and I do like the e-ink plus it's way lighter than my Nook too.

Linda- Have you heard from John--will your freezer have some new stock of venison?

Tab- You must be more than ready for your new little guy to make his appearance in the world!!! Hang in there and hope the aches/pains subside a bit! How is Doah by the way?

The girls did lots of baking last night- and DD took most of the baked goods home for her party tonight- She just left a few cookies here--and since I'm the only one who eats them- the fewer here the better!!!:yes

Off to get the day started --DD is still sleeping- and i may just whip up another ugly but warm hat to bring to the party tonight- They are having a grab bag- mini gifts, thrift store finds or home made goodies! I'm going to do Navy blue since it'll be good for a guy or a gal!

Have a wonderful day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the graph ghan

It measures 38 by 32 inches

And the baby's first and middle name, reflected int he initials: Gianna Grace. She's due in Feb

PS: the dark color is purple

Awesome!

'morning!!

Thanks, Christi! I can hardly wait to gie it to the mom-to-be in Jan!

At our neighborhood party I also learned of another baby on the way. Sounds like I'm going to be busy:lol

Judy- My DD got a nook simple touch- and I'm thinking that is what I'm going to get. I already have an iPad, and don't need the bells and whistles of a NC or tablet. I have the 1st gen Nook and it will no longer be supported with updates etc. No updates! That stinks....that's what I have.

Though I have been looking at the 79 dollar Kindle just as another way to add to my library on the go. Maybe after Christmas they'll go even lower in price:lol

The simple touch is simply a reader and I do like the e-ink plus it's way lighter than my Nook too.

Sounds good!

Off to get the day started --DD is still sleeping- and i may just whip up another ugly but warm hat to bring to the party tonight- They are having a grab bag- mini gifts, thrift store finds or home made goodies! I'm going to do Navy blue since it'll be good for a guy or a gal!

Have a wonderful day!

You have one, too!

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Good morning. Its snowing here and the ground is white. The ski place down the road has been making snow all week, and now that it's actually snowing, they will probably get customers today.

Christi, nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your wrists. And how nic3e of your hubby to make you breakfast!

Good to hear from you too Tab. Sorry you are not feeling the best. And I'm sure you are right about the boys being excited when the baby comes.

Joanne, my oldest DD has a Nook Simple Touch and really likes it. Years ago, I bought dh a cherry pit bag at a craft show. It lasted until I accidentally put it in the microwave for 40 minutes instead of 4 minutes. By the time I realized that I had pushed an extra zero, the cherry pits smelled burnt and the smell never went away, so it got tossed.

Judy, Dh got a Kindle reader while back, because I had a Nook, so that we could take advantage of the freebies from both Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Often times the free books are the same, but Amazon usually has more. Amazon books are often cheaper too, and their ebook selection is larger. (I still like my Nook a bit better, but it's nice to be able to take advantage of both stores.) Hmm, I just had a though. Since we have two Kindle devices and only one Nook, we'd better get another Nook. (That way we'd never have to wait for one of us to be done with a Nook book before the other one could use the device.....)

No big plans for today here, just working on Ds's cherry pit bags, and the Kindle sleeve and cowl for the dd's.

Hope you all have a great day!

Hello. :)

Linda~My DD is January 26th. I won't be mad at him if he comes a lil early. ;):D

Joanne~Hubby is okay, still out of work due to his back so it has been a struggle for us to say the least. Just when I thought things were stable & good BLAM. I should've known better. :P But I know it's not his fault & we'll get through it.....we always do. :yes It has made for a stressful pregnancy though wondering where all this baby stuff is coming from. We have been blessed with great friends & family which has helped us both emotionally stay afloat. :c9

Judy~I'm glad you had a wonderful day & week; you definitely deserve it. :hug

Well, i'm off to try to get some crochet time in.....maybe a hat or two. :hook:yarn Have a beautiful day. :ghug

Hi, everyone. Kim is a pistol today. Woke up at 7:00 so I put a movie on for her at which point she went right back to sleep. I wasn't so lucky and couldn't doze off. She had a wicked little grin on her face when I got her up for her meds and she's been full of it ever since.

So far no deer for the hunters. John saw four but didn't get a shot at any of them. Mark heard one, but never saw it. Hopefully they'll do better this evening or tomorrow morning.

I found a few things for you, Tabby, and will get them in the mail, hopefully, this week. Hope they help out a little.

Hi, Christy! I've got one of the Celtic knot shawls in the wash and will post a pic of it in the next few days.

Have a good day all. :manyheart

Hello.

Linda~Thank you, that is so sweet of you. :hug I'm glad the hunters haven't gotten anything yet, although I am guilty of eating Bambi once this year. :eek I know, I know......but my Dad gave it to me & I couldn't be wasteful. ;):devil Sounds like Kim is having fun messing with you today. :yes:lol

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Hello.

Linda~Thank you, that is so sweet of you. :hug I'm glad the hunters haven't gotten anything yet, although I am guilty of eating Bambi once this year. :eek I know, I know......but my Dad gave it to me & I couldn't be wasteful. ;):devil Sounds like Kim is having fun messing with you today. :yes:lol

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Oh, she is that. We're going with Rosie and John to a friend's house for a Christmas get-together tonight. It's early so we'll be back at least close to bedtime for all of us. Rosie's taking cheese and crackers and I've got rye bread and spinach dip (actually 3 different dips.) :D

I'll be back later. :manyheart

Good Afternoon, Ladies. :) Again, I've not been here much :(...drove back to my parents yesterday after my dr. appointment and today has been laundry, bills etc. I would much rather be crocheting and visiting with you all. :manyheart

Hi Tabby! Let's see...it may be time to place some bets on the due date. :wink Here are the January birthdays I have (there may be more!).

26th - Cindy

27th - Marisa

28th - Me :D

30th - Julie

And just in case the little guy is late, you must have it on Linda's birthday - Valentine's Day. :lol Seriously, I hope your delivery is an easy one and that your DH is able to find some relief for his back. :hug

Joanne ~ Your baby ghan, scarf and gloves are all gorgeous! Love the yarn you chose for the scarf. :clap It sounds like you're having a great weekend with your family. :)

Linda ~ Thank you for sharing the recipe - can't wait to make it! Have fun at the party this evening. :ctree

Cindy ~ Your quilt block is lovely! That's great that you have a week off coming up. I'm glad you were able to get rid of the computer virus. :yes

Hi Christi! It's great to see you again! Take care and I hope your wrists feel better very soon. :manyheart

Julie ~ I think being surrounded by books is a good thing. :) I don't read as much as I used to, but have always loved books and libraries.

Marisa ~ Yay for another new patient! :cheer

Dusti ~ I was so sorry to read about your DH...hope he improves quickly! :hug Kyri's new school sounds wonderful. We had something similar happen when DD was in the 4th grade. After 4 or 5 parents complained about a teacher, the principal and school board members (small rural school district) started sitting in on her classes...she was fired! They thanked us for being involved parents...things are so different now!

Judy ~ I hope your birthday week lasts through today! :yes

Time to go for now...laundry to fold. Tomorrow will be gift wrapping day - boy, am I behind on things this year! :lol

A picture of Luke playing at the tree lot a couple of weeks ago -

post-10699-135897719289_thumb.jpg

Time to go for now...laundry to fold. Tomorrow will be gift wrapping day - boy, am I behind on things this year! :lol

Oh, what an adorable picture of Luke, Mary. He looks like a little wood sprite.

Hope things start to calm down for you soon. It's sure good to see you here again.

Kim and I had a very nice time at Carol's house tonight. It was Carol, her son and daughter and granddaughter, Rosie and John, and Kim and I. We had enough food there to feed a small army. We sat around and visited and Carol showed off some of her handmade ornaments, and the material she's collecting and starting to turn into quilt squares. It was just a thoroughly good, relaxing get-together of friends. Kim had a ball and was very animated all evening.

Good morning everyone. Up early today because it was my night off. Made shepard's pie last night and I think it was the best one I've ever made.

About to sit and watch some NCIS season 2 (again). I enjoy that show and love to :crocheting during it. What can I say? Find the inspiration where you can.

My book is coming along nicely. I'm at chapter 4 of the first draft and have determined that by the end of next year I plan to have it finished and ready for publication.

Work is going. It's gotten slow and the tips just aren't there so it's getting hard to make the bills. But somehow it always seems to work out. I guess you could call it the grace of God if that's your belief. I'm definitely leaning that way.

My mother-in-law is making my life difficult. She has told me that she thinks I lied to her but not about what. She said that if I ever lie to her again that she will call and have my utilities shut off. My son has officially decided that he doesn't want anything to do with her anymore and told me that we should send back any letters or cards that she sends us. Personally, I have decided that I'm not going to talk to her anymore than is strictly necessary. I'm tired of playing nice just to keep the peace. If she won't be nice, then I no longer have to be.

Well, enough of the rant for now. I'll post more later. Maybe today maybe tomorrow. Before I start password protection on my utilities. I'm in for a long day tomorrow.

See you all later.

'morning, peeps! Bitterly cold here...and so begins the thermostat war....:lol

what a big boy he is!

Kim and I had a very nice time at Carol's house tonight. It was Carol, her son and daughter and granddaughter, Rosie and John, and Kim and I. We had enough food there to feed a small army. We sat around and visited and Carol showed off some of her handmade ornaments, and the material she's collecting and starting to turn into quilt squares. It was just a thoroughly good, relaxing get-together of friends. Kim had a ball and was very animated all evening.

That sounds like such a great way to spens an evening:c9

Good morning everyone. Up early today because it was my night off. Made shepard's pie last night and I think it was the best one I've ever made.

sounds so yummy!

About to sit and watch some NCIS season 2 (again). I enjoy that show and love to :crocheting during it. What can I say? Find the inspiration where you can.

I love that show, too!

My book is coming along nicely. I'm at chapter 4 of the first draft and have determined that by the end of next year I plan to have it finished and ready for publication.

:yay

My mother-in-law is making my life difficult. She has told me that she thinks I lied to her but not about what. She said that if I ever lie to her again that she will call and have my utilities shut off. My son has officially decided that he doesn't want anything to do with her anymore and told me that we should send back any letters or cards that she sends us. Personally, I have decided that I'm not going to talk to her anymore than is strictly necessary. I'm tired of playing nice just to keep the peace. If she won't be nice, then I no longer have to be.

Well, enough of the rant for now. I'll post more later. Maybe today maybe tomorrow. Before I start password protection on my utilities. I'm in for a long day tomorrow.

See you all later.

Soory about your MIL....brother's wife had problems with our mom....but underneath all that bluster my mom had been hurt a lot in her life, so we had some perspective.

You do what you need to keep yourself peace-filled!

Later, gators!

Good Morning, House. :)

'morning, peeps! Bitterly cold here...and so begins the thermostat war....:lol

:rofl We have that war going on sometimes, too.

Linda ~ Oh, the party sounds wonderful. Good times with good friends!:yes

Hi Shannon ~ Congratulations on accomplishing so much on your book! :clap So sorry you're going through this with your MIL. Take care of YOU and come rant whenever you want to. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House, too! Just doing some cleaning and then it's on to wrapping...and crocheting this afternoon.:hook

Gooooood morning my friends. I got more sleep last night so am feeling much perkier today. John and Mark decided to skip the afternoon hunt today so John will be home early to mid afternoon instead of after dark. Hooray! If he gets home in time, Rosie and I will go to a traveling antique show that is here in Cumming the third weekend of each month. We always have such a good time together no matter what we are doing, so I'm really hoping that John gets home early enough for me to go with her.

I was looking at my recipe for shepard's pie yesterday and thinking that it sounded really good. Haven't made it in a long time and now you are making me even hungrier for it.

I like to crochet to Law and Order and Chopped episodes.

:cheer :cheer :cheerGo Shannon go! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Work is going. It's gotten slow and the tips just aren't there so it's getting hard to make the bills. But somehow it always seems to work out. I guess you could call it the grace of God if that's your belief. I'm definitely leaning that way.

See you all later.

So sorry about the mother-in-law problems. Do what you need to do to keep yourself centered and on an even keel. :hug :hug :hug

Hi all,

My wonderful weekend with my DD's has come to an end. We had a great time yesterday and last evening at my DD and her BF's place- all ages, even some around my age- she is friends with many artists- and it really was an eclectic group- and lots of fun!

Back to reality now- and I still have some wrapping to do- and a few things to do as far as cleaning--but right now--I'm watching the Giants! Cleaning can wait!

Hello everyone. Cool and gloomy here today, and the snow is disappearing. we went out last night and I would have opted to stay home if I had known how icy the roads were going to be.

Not doing a lot here today. I'm sitting by the fire with ds, he's reading and I'm here. I did a little knitting earlier, and I finished the book I was reading.

Mary, that was an adorable picture of Luke.

Shannon, sorry about the mil issues. I'm lucky to have a good mil. I'm excited to ehar about your book. What sort of book is it?

Joanne, it always sounds like you have such a great relationship with your dd's. I am also impressed that your dh doesn't mind that you spend so much time with them.

Linda, hope you make it to the antique show. I enjoy antique shows and shops, even though I don't buy much. I do have a weakness for old books (especially childrens books), and jewelry though.

Hi Cindy. Had to go look up cherry pit bags...sounds like one of those would be just the thing for a neck/headache! Might have to try a new hobby. : )

Wow...ok.was gonna try to catch up but...3 grandsons live here and just got dropped off by their aunt. Instant chaos! Have a good afternoon and I will try again later.

Hi! Anybody home?

My son's boss gave him 2 tickets to today's Eagles/Jets game in Philly. They are both avid Jets fans. So while they are freezing their buns off at the game, I have at least 10 glorious hours of unninterrupted time. My shopping is done, all gifts wrapped, the laundry and cleaning are as caught up as they are going to get. So you all know what is left for me to do - whatever I feel like doing. Where is my yarn and my tv remote?

:cheer:c9:clap

Joanne, the Giants were awful...and now the Jets look just as bad....

I wonder who will win next week when they play each other?:lol

Hi! Anybody home?

My son's boss gave him 2 tickets to today's Eagles/Jets game in Philly. They are both avid Jets fans. So while they are freezing their buns off at the game, I have at least 10 glorious hours of unninterrupted time. My shopping is done, all gifts wrapped, the laundry and cleaning are as caught up as they are going to get. So you all know what is left for me to do - whatever I feel like doing. Where is my yarn and my tv remote?

:cheer:c9:clap

Poor guys are freezing for nothing....horrible game!:P

Enjoy your solitude;)

Cindy, dh and I hibernated today too. Too cold and the roads are way too busy now to go out for a pleasure drive. I read for a while and made chicken cacciatore for dinner:) I also made the dough for krushchiki (Polish fried cookies) I'll roll it out and make the within the next couple of days. It's the only Polish edible DH likes:lol

Off I go till tomorrow.:hug:manyheart

Phyllis ~ Hi! All of that quiet time sounds wonderful! You're ahead of me with the shopping/wrapping...but I'm getting close. :)

Linda ~ I hope you got to go out with Rosie this evening. :yes It sounds like the venison supply is low, so maybe we had better root for the hunters just once. ;)

Cindy ~ Your day by the fire sounds perfect! Will you have your family for Christmas?

Christi ~ Three grandsons? You must have your hands full. :lol It's always good to see your posts, so come back when you can!

Joanne ~ Your weekend must have been so nice...do you have any time off for Christmas?

Most of the wrapping is done and I only thought of one gift that I need to get. :lol Have a good evening!:manyheart

Archived