Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I worked on my graph ghan last night and am doing it in hdc's and am thinking I should've went with sc's, but since I hit the half way point last night (minus the border) I'm just going with it :lol It still looks ok. I have to do some shopping for my sister today (groceries) so she doesn't have to go tonight after work. They're having a luncheon tomorrow and she's helping her boss get it together. I'll head out after my 2:30 patient :clap:yay

Boy is the time flying by now. Nice of you to help with stuff for the luncheon.

Joanne - We're heading home EARLY friday morning. Bean (my sister's bf, nickname) has been working over nights right now so we figured we'd leave when he got home from thursday night. But, now he's going to take off thursday because he has things to get done and then we'll still leave early friday to miss traffic. We'll be coming back on tuesday. No sense taking 2 cars with us for the 5 hour drive :no

Sounds like a smart idea. Have a great long weekend.

Oh, so my SIL calls me this morning telling me that Caleb (my oldest nephew at 7) is wanting to learn how to knit. She passed it off the first time, but he keeps asking so my mom is giving her money to pick him up a few things for xmas so he can learn. She does not knit or crochet, but he's really into making things in general. I asked her if she's sure that he didn't want to crochet and she said she asked him and he told her knitting is with 2 needles and crochet is with 1 :lol I told her he's correct, but I also told her to make sure he knows that what I sent was all crocheted. When my parents say anything, dad always says knitting either way :shrug So, of course she asked him and he thought I knitted that stuff. Because I told her that if he thinks he's doing what I'm doing and it doesn't look the same, he'll get confused. I think she's ordering an instructional dvd that got good reviews online. I told her that I know the basics of knitting, but am a much better crocheter. Apparently he wants to make a hat, booties, and blanket for her sister's baby that she's going to have :manyheart How cute! I haven't gotten the final verdict yet on knit or crochet, but will let you know :lol

It's great that he wants to learn. Crochet goes so much faster than knitting, he'll be able to see his progress a lot quicker. And it's neat that he wants to make things for his cousin-to-be.

I checked my pupils and they were even, so didn't worry too much about concussion. Mostly just still have a headache/stiff neck and tender knot on top of my head. I'm a tough old bird. :D The knot is starting to go down and today is a pretty easy day. Don't even have a load of laundry to fold unless it's still in the dryer.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning my friends. I get the official Hard Head Award and the Clutz of the Year Award! I was bringing in packing boxes last night so that I could spend a part of the evening packing up things to send and things for the move while watching a holiday movie on TV. Everything went well until the last step down. I stepped on something, lost my balance, fell to the left side and landed on the vaccuum cleaner, which jostled the stand the TV (big, old, and heavy) sits on, and the boxes landed on me from one side and the TV landed on my head from the other side. Owwwwwwww!!!!!! :cry:yell:cry:yell:cry Things went dark for a moment or two and almost instantly I developed a HUGE goose egg on my head. The tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't move. Eventually shoved the boxes away from me and managed to shift the TV from my head to the top of a box destined for Goodwill. Called John repeatedly on his cell phone for help ~ no answer ~ he had turned it off and plugged it in to recharge when he got home. Finally made it upstairs to get some help. Pain in my head was awful. Couldn't quit crying. John moved the TV back onto the stand. Miracle of miracles, it still worked and hadn't even come disconnected or unplugged. He got me settled in my recliner with icebags on my head and checked back on me later. Still don't feel real grand and glorious, but no apparent side effects other than the lingering headache and 3 inch diameter lump on my head which is tender to the touch and an occasional pain down the side of my right leg where I apparently pulled something. Needless to say, I plan on taking it easy today. :yes Think I'll work on the RR instead of what was planned.

Oh, Linda!!! You're very lucky!:hug:hug

I heard if the swelling appears on your head it's better than if you don't see anything??:think

Definitely rest today:yes:hug:manyheart

Christi, I saw a pic of a baby when I linked to it...superimposed ove what looked like a pic of crocheted wrist warmers.:think

Cindy, going to that store for gifts is an excellent idea....:yes

I'm back from the dentist..other than repairing a chipped filling (in Jan) all is well...:D

Later, gators:manyheart

Oh, Linda!!! You're very lucky!:hug:hug

I heard if the swelling appears on your head it's better than if you don't see anything??:think

Definitely rest today:yes:hug:manyheart

Yup. Swelling on the outside doesn't put any pressure on the brain. Swelling on the inside does put pressure on the brain and can cause all sorts of problems. :yes

Definitely resting and trying to stay warm today.

Hello Ladies.

Marisa~That is too funny. :lol One of my older sons (16) brought me down a teddy bear last night & said, "Here, this is for YOUR baby." :eek I said, "excuse me." He said, "uh, uh, uh......my brother." :lol The older ones don't even want to touch my tummy like I have cooties or something. I finally got the oldest twin to feel his hiccups the other night, but I could tell he felt really weird about it. I dunno......i've felt very alone this time. :( i thought the kids would be more into it. :(

Judy~I figured that was Sparkie because he does look bigger & older than the other pup. He had that look in his eye like yep, i'm top dog. :yes

I did manage one lil hat yesterday. :hook Nothing today so far, too exhausted. *YAWNS*

Have a beautiful day everyone. :ghug

Good news Linda, glad you're keeping an eye out :wink Great idea to take it easy today. I think he's gonna go with the crocheting :think

Judy - Glad to hear the dentist visit wasn't too bad :hug

Tab - Just a guess, but I'm going to venture to say that the older kids knowing how a baby is made, just don't want to think of their parents in that fashion...it's gross to them :lol:devil But, I can't be certain on that since I have no children.

Good news Linda, glad you're keeping an eye out :wink Great idea to take it easy today. I think he's gonna go with the crocheting :think

Yup, I just don't have it in me today to be productive, although I did fold a load of clothes. And I dug out an ice pack again too. That's helping with the headache.

Tab - Just a guess, but I'm going to venture to say that the older kids knowing how a baby is made, just don't want to think of their parents in that fashion...it's gross to them :lol:devil But, I can't be certain on that since I have no children.

Marisa, I think you're right, at least in part, about that a gross out for the kids. Their parents doing THAT! STILL!!!! Ewwwwww! :loco

:think I can upload pics from the computer. But it has a virus so I have to use my tablet. And it says upload disabled. That is why I was tring the flicker link. Hmm. Can anyone see it?

Linda that is aweful! Hope your ok!

Marisa..those are two of the things on my flickr accnt. Progress. But it was suppose to link directly to a photo of bookworms. That is neat about your nephew wanting to learn knitting/crochet

Marisa~That is too funny. :lol One of my older sons (16) brought me down a teddy bear last night & said, "Here, this is for YOUR baby." :eek I said, "excuse me." He said, "uh, uh, uh......my brother." :lol The older ones don't even want to touch my tummy like I have cooties or something. I finally got the oldest twin to feel his hiccups the other night, but I could tell he felt really weird about it. I dunno......i've felt very alone this time. :( i thought the kids would be more into it. :(

Judy~I figured that was Sparkie because he does look bigger & older than the other pup. He had that look in his eye like yep, i'm top dog. :yes

I also think the older kids don't want to even think of their mother "doing it"....imagine how they'll feel when you're in your 60's and still "doing it":lol:lol:lol

Sparkie TRIES to be top dog...let's put it that way. But if food falls on the floor and it's close to Sparkie she doesn't even make a move toward it! Food and his fav ball....off limits for baby Lucy:lol

I'll close for toinight...have a good one, my friends.:hug:manyheart

I had a crafty sort of day today, (very little housework got done!) I made two neck pillows, (and cut out a third), finished two dishcloths, and worked on a baby sweater, a baby blanket and a neckwarmer for dd. (all are long standing WIPS)

Good night everyone!

Good morning!

Linda-I sure hope that you are ok!! That's quite a tumble you took!:hug:hug

Cindy- A crafty kind of day sounds like :c9

Tab- I agree with what a few said--to a teenager, the thought that their parents "do it" is something that they don't want to think about!:eek

Marisa- That's great that your nephew wants to learn how to crochet! And I chuckled when you said that your Dad calls it knitting! So does my DH--and I'm always correcting him:hook I was watching the Steelers/49'ers game the other night- Guess it's called Candlestick Park for a reason--you need to light candles cause the power goes out!:lol

Christi- I give you lots of credit trying to help out your son and his family- that isn't easy living with an entire family- including 3 youngsters!!!

Judy-Can you believe that after I made a note to self to pick up a gift for Belle at PetSmart that I drove right passed it and didn't stop?:think Must stop tonight!!!

Running out of time here--so I'll close and wish EVERYONE a great Hump Day

'morning, peeps!

I had a crafty sort of day today, (very little housework got done!) I made two neck pillows, (and cut out a third), finished two dishcloths, and worked on a baby sweater, a baby blanket and a neckwarmer for dd. (all are long standing WIPS)

Good night everyone!

Wow...what a super productive day!:clap

Judy-Can you believe that after I made a note to self to pick up a gift for Belle at PetSmart that I drove right passed it and didn't stop?:think Must stop tonight!!!

I put post-it notes on one of my car's dial displays...I'm very bad at remembering things and DH always laughs at my visual reminders he finds laying around!

Linda, I hope you're feeling better today!:hug

Tam, I saw the latest positive-sounding update from the Caring Bridge site on Ken...it sounds good! But don't forget to take care of yourself, too!:hug:manyheart

Later, gators!

Good morning my friends. Yes, I'm feeling better. The lump is almost gone now, although the part of my head is super tender. And the headache didn't start the moment I stood up this morning which is a big improvement. Bending over isn't fun still, but just being upright isn't too bad so far. I spent most of the day lying down yesterday. Going to continue taking it easy today. I'm hoping that I can crochet today and be a bit more upright than yesterday.

John brought me home a pizza for supper. He asked what I was hungry for. Soooo..... It was supposed to be a pepperoni, ham, black olive, and pineapple pizza. It was from an Italian restaurant. They didn't have any black olives or pineapple!?! :eek Minimal cheese on it. About 1 slice of pepperoni and 1 slice of ham per 1/6 slice of pizza and NO spices in the sauce. I tried to doctor the second slice and it STILL had no flavor! I told him to NEVER order their pizza again. PATHETIC! I was going to try to salvage it today, but I really think it's hopeless. I'm going to just pitch the rest of it. The Italian dishes have been good, but not inspired. I'm really hoping that it was someone new who's never made it before and got the recipe wrong. Otherwise they shouldn't have it on the menu.

Good morning ladies :hi

I did my sister's grocery shopping yesterday and I must have hit sam's and the market at a good time, because it was not bad at all and even walked right up to checkout at sam's :think

Final verdict on my nephew is crochet :clap:yay My SIL sat him at the computer yesterday and had him watch some utube videos of each and he said "definitely crochet" and him and the 2nd oldest are excited because they already know how to do a slip knot :lol She said he sat and watched a pile of crochet videos then and then went to examine all their afghans I made and the differences in them :manyheart

Linda - Horrible about the pizza, I can't say I've ever gotten any so bad that I couldn't even eat it :think:eek Glad to hear that you a feeling a bit better and progressing :hug

Christi - I've never done any links to flickr so I can't help you out :(

Judy - I always have to leave myself reminders too :lol I often set it on the alarm in my phone with a note and set for a time that I think will be convenient to see it :think

Cindy - Very productive crafting day for you :yay

Joanne - I had to chuckle at your candlestick park comment :rofl I don't even correct my dad when he says knit, he knows I crochet but I think knit is just an easier word that slips out :think:shrug I hope you remember to go to PetSmart tonight. If I remember this afternoon, I'll shoot you a text :lol

Last night I worked on my graph ghan and now have my harley lettering done, which means I'm passed the halfway point (minus the border)....It doesn't look too bad and I am pleased so far, but not so much at all the ends that part produced that now need to be hidden :sigh

I decided to give the pizza one more chance and basically treated it as a blank crust. Added my own tomato sauce, spices galore, meat, pianeapple, olives, more spices, and cheese. Zapped it and it's not too bad. :lol :lol :lol

Ick - nothing worse than bad pizza....that's the one thing we missed terribly when we lived in St. Louis in the '70's. Lots of good places to pick from right here in our neighborhood, fortunately.

Marisa, you're really on a roll with the graph ghan - can't wait to see a pic!

Have a good night, my friends!:hug:manyheart

One last check in before heading out for the night. I'm stopping at Subway to pick up sandwiches for my sister and I and then we're going out for Banjo night :D Yep, you read that right....banjo night!!!! We haven't gone since I've been here, but I guess they do xmas songs right before the holiday :clap:yay Too bad her bf has to work and can't join us :(

I spent probably about 2 hours on the phone with SIL today about yarns and hooks. Then again while she was at the store :whew What a work out :lol But she got some hooks and darning needles. Each of the boys and herself got a ball of cotton for dishcloths and a skein of RHSS each for practicing/learning with. Each with their favorite colors :clap:yay

See y'all on the flip side

Oh, I texted Joanne to remind her to stop at Petsmart :devil I hope I wasn't too late. And my phones about to die, so Joanne if you text me back....I may not get it until later :sigh

Today has been a much better day than yesterday. I've been able to crochet all afternoon. Finished a preemie afghan (including hiding the tails,) and down to the last 5 rows on the large RR. Yay, me! :yay

Hello.

Just a quick pop in because it's been a longgg day & i'm exhausted. Jaden is sick with 103.4 temp and I had a day full of Dr.'s appt, blood work, & an ultrasound. Everything is good, baby Elijah is head down and over 5lbs. Just waiting on some bloodwork to see if I have cholestasis or not. I will keep ya'll posted, but for now i'm beat & off to bed.

Good night all. :ghug

Linda, glad you are feeling a bit better. Glad you were able to make the pizza a little better too.

I had a busy day today, cleaning, laundry and running errands. I got all the stuff I still needed for Christmas and wrapped the last of the gifts. (And talk about busy out there,, seems that everyone was out and about today!)

Tab, sorry to hear Jaden is sick. Hang in there!

Good morning ladies :hi

I did my sister's grocery shopping yesterday and I must have hit sam's and the market at a good time, because it was not bad at all and even walked right up to checkout at sam's :think

Final verdict on my nephew is crochet :clap:yay My SIL sat him at the computer yesterday and had him watch some utube videos of each and he said "definitely crochet" and him and the 2nd oldest are excited because they already know how to do a slip knot :lol She said he sat and watched a pile of crochet videos then and then went to examine all their afghans I made and the differences in them :manyheart

Linda - Horrible about the pizza, I can't say I've ever gotten any so bad that I couldn't even eat it :think:eek Glad to hear that you a feeling a bit better and progressing :hug

Christi - I've never done any links to flickr so I can't help you out :(

Judy - I always have to leave myself reminders too :lol I often set it on the alarm in my phone with a note and set for a time that I think will be convenient to see it :think

Cindy - Very productive crafting day for you :yay

Joanne - I had to chuckle at your candlestick park comment :rofl I don't even correct my dad when he says knit, he knows I crochet but I think knit is just an easier word that slips out :think:shrug I hope you remember to go to PetSmart tonight. If I remember this afternoon, I'll shoot you a text :lol

Last night I worked on my graph ghan and now have my harley lettering done, which means I'm passed the halfway point (minus the border)....It doesn't look too bad and I am pleased so far, but not so much at all the ends that part produced that now need to be hidden :sigh

Thanks for the text reminder!!! Stopped at PetSmart and got Belle her Christmas present!!!

Can't wait to see the finished Harley ghan!

I decided to give the pizza one more chance and basically treated it as a blank crust. Added my own tomato sauce, spices galore, meat, pianeapple, olives, more spices, and cheese. Zapped it and it's not too bad. :lol :lol :lol

There is no place better than Brooklyn to get pizza --and NJ--since so many "Brooklyn-ites" have migrated to Jersey and set up "shop".My DD in Boston agrees that there is no pizza like the pizza she grew up with--and bagels too!!!:lol She usually takes some bagels back with her and every time I go up I bring a dozen- and she freezes them.

Hello.

Just a quick pop in because it's been a longgg day & i'm exhausted. Jaden is sick with 103.4 temp and I had a day full of Dr.'s appt, blood work, & an ultrasound. Everything is good, baby Elijah is head down and over 5lbs. Just waiting on some bloodwork to see if I have cholestasis or not. I will keep ya'll posted, but for now i'm beat & off to bed.

Good night all. :ghug

Hope Jaden feels better quick--and that the blood work is negative for you!:hug

Archived