Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I'm back.

Cindy- My book is a sci-fi/fantasy. It takes place on a different planet in another solar system. Of course, at one point, earth people come along and try to take the place over. Unsuccessfully. I'm thinking there's going to be anywhere from 3 to 5 books in the series. Should be interesting to see where this is going to go.

Phyllis- Congrats on the massive :crocheting time. Wish I had that.

Thank you to everyone for offering sympathy on the mil issue. I have decided to take care of a couple of things first before letting my husband know what's going on. If she doesn't want to work things out, I'll just leave her alone and she can rant without these ears to listen to her.

I have decided that no matter what else happens I won't let her completely ruin my holidays. They are down enough without my hubby.

I almost forgot to tell everyone. My son is in a performance based diploma program at school. He gets to do his core classes at his own pace in a specialized classroom. He only goes to the regular classrooms for his electives. The district finally listened to me about him being bored.

I think that's about it for now. I have to go get ready to go to work tonight. Time to start earning money again.

Good night and :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart to all.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

The Giants game was awful as Judy indicated--should be an interesting game against the Jets- unfortunately, I probably won't get to see much of it, since it's on Christmas eve and we'll be at my SIL's mom's house. Why is there a football game on Christmas eve????

Cindy- My DH knows how important my DD's are to me--and understands that the three of us having the opportunity to spend time all together is few and far between since oldest is up in Boston! He's really good about it!

Phyllis- What did you decide to do with all your time alone? Too bad that the Jets lost-and it was not a pretty game--My niece was actually at the Giants game with her BF yesterday-and she didn't see a much better game! Both NY teams played horribly yesterday! See you tonight at craft club!

Shannon--Good news about your son- and the book you are writing sounds interesting- I wish you must luck with it. I'm not really a sci-fi fan, but my DH likes it!

Christi- I didn't realize that you had 3 grandsons living with you- I'm sure there is never a dull (or quiet) moment for you!

Julie- Did Cam come at all this weekend to spend some time with you?

Linda- Did John get back in time for you to go with Rosie?

Time is ticking away, so I must get ready for another day in Paradise.

Have a good day, one and all!

'morning, peeps!

Cindy- My book is a sci-fi/fantasy. It takes place on a different planet in another solar system. Of course, at one point, earth people come along and try to take the place over. Unsuccessfully. I'm thinking there's going to be anywhere from 3 to 5 books in the series. Should be interesting to see where this is going to go.That's good -- publishers love stories with sequels!

I almost forgot to tell everyone. My son is in a performance based diploma program at school. He gets to do his core classes at his own pace in a specialized classroom. He only goes to the regular classrooms for his electives. The district finally listened to me about him being bored.Good news!!

I think that's about it for now. I have to go get ready to go to work tonight. Time to start earning money again.

Take care....

Update on my pups....:)

You may have seen a momma tiger gently lift her cubs in her mouth...

And think of something about 4 times the size of a chicken egg...

Well, Lucy has been taking a few of the river rocks from our landscaping...gently carrying them in her mouth...and depositing them on the lawn. She lays them together usually and lays next to them and chews a stick.

Playing momma, it sounds like...

Also, when I drop her leash in the yard so I can do some clean up duty...I ask her to give me her leash and she picks up the loop in her mouth and brings it to me. Last night she did it without me asking, anticipating the command.

Scary smart. And still stubborn.

these are pics of my laundry room where they like to lay down. Lucy was there first yesterday and then Sparkie decided to reclaim his old spot:lol

post-8552-135897719449_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897719453_thumb.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Shannon ~ Oh, that's wonderful news about your son! I'll bet he's much happier with this new program. :yes Your plan concerning MIL sounds good...sometimes we just have to distance ourselves! :hug

Judy ~ Awww, your "children" are so cute. :) Just how big is your laundry room? :lol

Marlene ~ Thinking of you as Christmas gets closer. :manyheart Will you head to Texas soon?

Linda ~ Your snowflakes are not only beautiful, but very sturdy.:D Zoe is back to her old tricks and drowned one in their water bowl last night...it's drying on top of the dryer and made it just fine. :yes She has never stolen things off the tree before - I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :lol

DH has his monthly eye appointment this afternoon - he leaves work early and then we go from here since he can't drive for several hours after the tests and scans. Until then, I'm going to do the usual chores and hope to have some crochet time.:)

Good morning, my friends.

The weather is SOOOO unusual up our way this year! We had 53* and sunshine yesterday, on the 18th of December. It was a record-setting type of day :sun We ran over to Grand Forks, ND, and it was quite a pleasure to spend the day all together. I have done all of the Christmas shopping and wrapping, so I was not feeling stressed at all. I had been hearing ads from IHOP about the White Chocolate Chip Mint Pancakes, and those flavors are my girls' absolute favorites :drool. We went out to lunch, where the pancakes were as yummy as anticipated. DH had the Eggnogg ones, and I ordered the Pumpkin Praline, so we tried every limited-time flavor available. To work off our lunch, we wandered through the home improvement store to find a fix for the leaking vent-fan in the bathroom, and then I used my coupon at JoAnn's to buy some plum Patons Classic Wool and clear, cellophane wrapping paper for the dishcloth bouquets. That's it. We were home in time for the girls to don their coveralls and run outside to play for a couple of hours. Definitely a good day :yes

Mary ~ What a sweet picture of little Luke. Did he have fun helping his folks pick out their Christmas tree? He must be so excited this year. Has he visited with Santa, or is that too scary for him, yet?

Joanne ~ Your weekend with your daughters sounded wonderful! So glad you got to enjoy your days together.

Cindy ~ Hibernating does not sound all bad, especially if your surfaces are ice covered. Did you start another knitting project? Hope you have a good week.

Linda ~ I hope you were able to go out antiquing. Mom, Gramma and I like to go out and wander through the shops along the northshore of Lake Superior, if we find a free day together. Did anything call out your name? I look for pewter cups and spoons, when I am out shopping. Sounds as though your party the other evening was very enjoyable. Good friends and good food are a true blessing :manyheart

Phyllis ~ I do not think I had a chance to comment when you posted the picture in your hat last week, but I thought it looked wonderful :yarn How nice it was to put a face to your name :hug Ooooh, a day to yourself...how did you decide to spend it? Sorry to hear that the game was not that spectacular, but I am sure you enjoyed your quiet house to the hilt.

Christi ~ Always busy and lively at your house, I expect. Nice of you to pop in, whenever time allows.

Judy ~ Awwww, it must be fun to see Lucy being so gentle. And, doesn't she sound smart?!

Shannon ~ Way to go on your book writing :cheer I am glad you were able to work-out an arrangement with your DS's school. Is he happier, now, too?

This afternoon, Kyri will get to meet her new teacher. I had my meeting with the Principal of her current school on Friday, and I was a nervous wreck. I dislike confrontations :cry It went, surprisingly, smoothly. The Principal took many, many notes while I was talking and telling my reasons for wanting to move Kyri. She made me feel as though she will be looking into some of the time-managment issues and all of the independent reading time in the classroom. She seemed surprised at the gap between what the surrounding 4th graders are studying when compared with her students... At least I gave her something to ponder over the weekend :think. Four more days, and then we will begin our new adventure.

I HAVE to write my final 4 Christmas letters today, so I am going to run. Wishing you all a great day :sheepxmas

Oh, Mary ~ I could not help by laugh at Zoe's antics. I am so sorry she drowned your snowflake ornament, but it is good to hear that it survived pretty well. Christmas is such a tempting time for that kitty of yours, isn't it? Here's hoping you do not find anymore ornaments swimming, today :ctree

Hope your DH's appt goes well this afternoon.

Good Afternoon, Ladies. :) Again, I've not been here much :(...drove back to my parents yesterday after my dr. appointment and today has been laundry, bills etc. I would much rather be crocheting and visiting with you all. :manyheart

Hi Tabby! Let's see...it may be time to place some bets on the due date. :wink Here are the January birthdays I have (there may be more!).

26th - Cindy

27th - Marisa

28th - Me :D

30th - Julie

And just in case the little guy is late, you must have it on Linda's birthday - Valentine's Day. :lol Seriously, I hope your delivery is an easy one and that your DH is able to find some relief for his back. :hug

Well, i'm hoping it hits a December birthday. :lol My Hubby wants Valentine's day, but NO WAY am I holding onto him until then. :no

Joanne ~ Your baby ghan, scarf and gloves are all gorgeous! Love the yarn you chose for the scarf. :clap It sounds like you're having a great weekend with your family. :)

Linda ~ Thank you for sharing the recipe - can't wait to make it! Have fun at the party this evening. :ctree

Cindy ~ Your quilt block is lovely! That's great that you have a week off coming up. I'm glad you were able to get rid of the computer virus. :yes

Hi Christi! It's great to see you again! Take care and I hope your wrists feel better very soon. :manyheart

Julie ~ I think being surrounded by books is a good thing. :) I don't read as much as I used to, but have always loved books and libraries.

Marisa ~ Yay for another new patient! :cheer

Dusti ~ I was so sorry to read about your DH...hope he improves quickly! :hug Kyri's new school sounds wonderful. We had something similar happen when DD was in the 4th grade. After 4 or 5 parents complained about a teacher, the principal and school board members (small rural school district) started sitting in on her classes...she was fired! They thanked us for being involved parents...things are so different now!

Judy ~ I hope your birthday week lasts through today! :yes

Time to go for now...laundry to fold. Tomorrow will be gift wrapping day - boy, am I behind on things this year! :lol

A picture of Luke playing at the tree lot a couple of weeks ago -

Luke has gotten so big & handsome. :manyheart

Well, Lucy has been taking a few of the river rocks from our landscaping...gently carrying them in her mouth...and depositing them on the lawn. She lays them together usually and lays next to them and chews a stick.

Also, when I drop her leash in the yard so I can do some clean up duty...I ask her to give me her leash and she picks up the loop in her mouth and brings it to me. Last night she did it without me asking, anticipating the command.

these are pics of my laundry room where they like to lay down. Lucy was there first yesterday and then Sparkie decided to reclaim his old spot:lol

So cute :manyheart.....now which one is which? Is the one in the front Sparkie?

Good morning ladies :hi

Happy Monday :wink We had a good weekend. On Saturday my sister and I walked over to the strip district, which is a little over a mile and is a shopping area....like quaint local shops, food places, and specialty food stores that are generally cheaper than the market. It was snowing a little heavier than a flurry, but not bad so we decided to walk anyways. It was super busy since it was the last weekend before xmas. We went into the Italian store for our cheeses and she got her number D08 and we went next door to the greek shop and got what we needed and then the MAC machine. Back to the Itialian store and they were just finishing up the B's so we had a whole 100 to wait!!! :eek So we went to the bar for a morning drink to waste time :lol There was a vendor on the street selling animal covers for tissue boxes and i picked up a dog for the office, it's super cute and of course since I'm so behind on pictures :think I'll add that to my list :blush

Then after heading back home we napped and then went to her bf's sister's house for xmas dinner with them since bf comes home with us for xmas. There was surely a lot of food there, but we had a wonderful time just hanging out. It was us and his sister's family (not Ingrid, but his other sister) and her son's gf (who she very much dislikes :shrug) and their dad and his gf since their mom passed a couple years ago. Some neighbors stopped by after dinner and it was just a really nice and relaxing evening :yes

Yesterday, I lounged all day :D I finished my mom's fingerless gloves so we'll all have a pair in our stockings. And I finished reading a book :yes And that brings me to today....

Tab - It's funny, when my SIL found out she was having a girl, which she wanted since already having 3 boys, the oldest sat there quite sad and kept saying over 'what are we gonna do with a girl' :lol

Linda - I made your recipe on friday and it's quite tasty, however, my edges got burned :( I didn't have a choice though. I set the oven right but at 45 min the inside was still WET, so I couldn't very well pull it out :( I opted to leave it in and let the edges burn until the middle was done and then I just cut off around the edges when I cut a piece :lol The taste is great though :yes (My sister often complains about having to cook things longer in there, maybe I'll pick her up a thermometer to make sure the temp is reading correctly :think )

Judy - My sister always wants to turn up the thermostat, but she doesn't even bother fighting with her bf about it since she figures that even if she turns it up a bit, she'll still be cold anyway :yes It could be 80 in there and she'd still be cold :lol The pups are quite precious :manyheart

Christi - How are your wrists feeling? How nice that dh made you some bfast :drool

Joanne - Glad to hear you had a great weekend with dd :hug How was the party?

Cindy - I love the snow and we've just had our first real snow fall out here over the weekend. But I did get to enjoy it in Newark, NJ at halloween :lol

Mary - WTG knowing everyone's bdays :h5 I'm so bad with knowing them :blush Luke is so adorable in that pic :manyheart I hope dh's eye appointment goes well.

Shannon - WTG with your shepard's pie and on your book :clap Great news about ds and the school, I hope he's really starting to flourish now. Sorry about your MIL, I hope she comes around. I'm amazed that she threatened you with your utilities :eek:hug

Phyllis - I didn't even get the Eagles game on tv out here yesterday :( I sure know you enjoyed your solitude yesterday :yes

Dusti - Yummy, IHOP pancakes :drool I would have been all over the pumpkin ones. I hope Kyri likes her new teacher and I'm glad your meeting with the principal went well on friday, but it's a shame it had to come to you moving your daughter before she listened considering that you and others have already complained. That should have been enough to look into the issues. :hug

Good morning everyone. Another sunny day in north Georgia. The deer won. This is the first season since John has been hunting with Mark at the hunting lodge that he hasn't gotten at least one deer. Mark got skunked as well, but that's not the first time for him.

John got home too late for Rosie and I to go to the antique mall, but we did go out shopping. Went to Kirklands. Saw lots of neat stuff, but didn't get anything. Went to Home Goods to browse and then to Bed, Bath, and Beyond where I got a curtain to cover the window by the chair where Kim sits. It's actually a glass door and radiates a lot of cold through right on her. This one is heavy enough to block a good bit of it. I didn't buy two, because he likes the other door uncovered so the Kim can look out into the back yard. He decided he wanted one for that door as well. Also wanted a lighted deer decoration that I saw at Kirklands, so will be going back for both of those, probably tonight or tomorrow night.

Hello everyone. Cool and gloomy here today, and the snow is disappearing. we went out last night and I would have opted to stay home if I had known how icy the roads were going to be.

Not doing a lot here today. I'm sitting by the fire with ds, he's reading and I'm here. I did a little knitting earlier, and I finished the book I was reading.

I'm so glad that you navigated the icy roads safely. I hate the ice in the winter. Thankfully we don't have much down here and when we do have it Kim and I just stay home. :lol

Hi! Anybody home?

My son's boss gave him 2 tickets to today's Eagles/Jets game in Philly. They are both avid Jets fans. So while they are freezing their buns off at the game, I have at least 10 glorious hours of unninterrupted time. My shopping is done, all gifts wrapped, the laundry and cleaning are as caught up as they are going to get. So you all know what is left for me to do - whatever I feel like doing. Where is my yarn and my tv remote?

:cheer:c9:clap

Hi, Phyllis! Sounds like a wonderful chunk of time.

I'm back.

Cindy- My book is a sci-fi/fantasy. It takes place on a different planet in another solar system. Of course, at one point, earth people come along and try to take the place over. Unsuccessfully. I'm thinking there's going to be anywhere from 3 to 5 books in the series. Should be interesting to see where this is going to go.

Oooooo! I love sci-fi. Be sure to let us know when it comes out so I can get a copy.

Thank you to everyone for offering sympathy on the mil issue. I have decided to take care of a couple of things first before letting my husband know what's going on. If she doesn't want to work things out, I'll just leave her alone and she can rant without these ears to listen to her.

I have decided that no matter what else happens I won't let her completely ruin my holidays. They are down enough without my hubby.

Good for you! :cheer

I almost forgot to tell everyone. My son is in a performance based diploma program at school. He gets to do his core classes at his own pace in a specialized classroom. He only goes to the regular classrooms for his electives. The district finally listened to me about him being bored.

That is wonderful news about your son being able to progress at his own pace in school. My son really needed that too. Everything came way, way to easily for him and he was frequently bored. He didn't have to study until he got to grad school and then he didn't know how. Got him in trouble.

Oh, my! :lol

She is one smart cookie that's for sure.

Love the pics. :manyheart

Linda ~ Your snowflakes are not only beautiful, but very sturdy.:D Zoe is back to her old tricks and drowned one in their water bowl last night...it's drying on top of the dryer and made it just fine. :yes She has never stolen things off the tree before - I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :lol

DH has his monthly eye appointment this afternoon - he leaves work early and then we go from here since he can't drive for several hours after the tests and scans. Until then, I'm going to do the usual chores and hope to have some crochet time.:)

:rofl:rofl Oh, Zoe! :rofl:rofl That's funny!

Hope all goes well with DH's eye appointment. :hug

The weather is SOOOO unusual up our way this year! We had 53* and sunshine yesterday, on the 18th of December. It was a record-setting type of day :sun We ran over to Grand Forks, ND, and it was quite a pleasure to spend the day all together. I have done all of the Christmas shopping and wrapping, so I was not feeling stressed at all. I had been hearing ads from IHOP about the White Chocolate Chip Mint Pancakes, and those flavors are my girls' absolute favorites :drool. We went out to lunch, where the pancakes were as yummy as anticipated. DH had the Eggnogg ones, and I ordered the Pumpkin Praline, so we tried every limited-time flavor available. To work off our lunch, we wandered through the home improvement store to find a fix for the leaking vent-fan in the bathroom, and then I used my coupon at JoAnn's to buy some plum Patons Classic Wool and clear, cellophane wrapping paper for the dishcloth bouquets. That's it. We were home in time for the girls to don their coveralls and run outside to play for a couple of hours. Definitely a good day :yes

Sounds like a wonderful day.

This afternoon, Kyri will get to meet her new teacher. I had my meeting with the Principal of her current school on Friday, and I was a nervous wreck. I dislike confrontations :cry It went, surprisingly, smoothly. The Principal took many, many notes while I was talking and telling my reasons for wanting to move Kyri. She made me feel as though she will be looking into some of the time-managment issues and all of the independent reading time in the classroom. She seemed surprised at the gap between what the surrounding 4th graders are studying when compared with her students... At least I gave her something to ponder over the weekend :think. Four more days, and then we will begin our new adventure.

Wishing you all a great day :sheepxmas

I'm so glad the meeting with the principal went well. She really should have been looking into the problem long before now. It shouldn't take parents removing their child from the school to get her attention about a problem.

Happy Monday :wink We had a good weekend. On Saturday my sister and I walked over to the strip district, which is a little over a mile and is a shopping area....like quaint local shops, food places, and specialty food stores that are generally cheaper than the market. It was snowing a little heavier than a flurry, but not bad so we decided to walk anyways. It was super busy since it was the last weekend before xmas. We went into the Italian store for our cheeses and she got her number D08 and we went next door to the greek shop and got what we needed and then the MAC machine. Back to the Itialian store and they were just finishing up the B's so we had a whole 100 to wait!!! :eek So we went to the bar for a morning drink to waste time :lol There was a vendor on the street selling animal covers for tissue boxes and i picked up a dog for the office, it's super cute and of course since I'm so behind on pictures :think I'll add that to my list :blush

Talk about a long line! :eek

Then after heading back home we napped and then went to her bf's sister's house for xmas dinner with them since bf comes home with us for xmas. There was surely a lot of food there, but we had a wonderful time just hanging out. It was us and his sister's family (not Ingrid, but his other sister) and her son's gf (who she very much dislikes :shrug) and their dad and his gf since their mom passed a couple years ago. Some neighbors stopped by after dinner and it was just a really nice and relaxing evening :yes

Sounds like a nice get together.

Yesterday, I lounged all day :D I finished my mom's fingerless gloves so we'll all have a pair in our stockings. And I finished reading a book :yes And that brings me to today....

Way to go! :clap

Linda - I made your recipe on friday and it's quite tasty, however, my edges got burned :( I didn't have a choice though. I set the oven right but at 45 min the inside was still WET, so I couldn't very well pull it out :( I opted to leave it in and let the edges burn until the middle was done and then I just cut off around the edges when I cut a piece :lol The taste is great though :yes (My sister often complains about having to cook things longer in there, maybe I'll pick her up a thermometer to make sure the temp is reading correctly :think )

Definitely sounds like the oven thermostat is off. I've never had mine burn on the edges. Glad it still tasted good.:hug

Rosie came over and I gave her my metronome for her Colorado granddaughter. Abby loves playing the piano and is doing super well with her lessons, but needs a metronome so she can get the time right. It's nice knowing it will be going to someone who loves the piano and can really use it. I really didn't want to give it to Goodwill or some such. I never use it anymore.

Thanks for the well wishes for DH. :manyheart He should be home in a few minutes.

Dusti ~ I'm so glad your meeting is behind you and you can enjoy the Holidays without having to think about it! I just know that Kyri will shine in the new environment! :) How is your DH?

Linda ~ What a great idea about the metronome! It sounds like a fun shopping trip with Rosie...I love Kirklands!

Marisa ~ Thank you for the card! :manyheart I'm glad you had a good weekend with your sister and friend's family.

I finished another scarf...think it's time for a change now. I'm thinking about a scrap RR - my stash is a bit out of hand. :lol I saw one in a blog and just need to find it again.

Have a good afternoon!

Judy ~ Awww, your "children" are so cute. :) Just how big is your laundry room? :lol

Not big enough;)

Zoe is back to her old tricks and drowned one in their water bowl last night...it's drying on top of the dryer and made it just fine. :yes She has never stolen things off the tree before - I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :lol

You have to laugh at the things they do!

I hope everything is going well with his eyes!:hug

Judy ~ Awwww, it must be fun to see Lucy being so gentle. And, doesn't she sound smart?!

It was so funny watching her with the rocks...like she knew exactly what she was doing with them....:lol

So cute :manyheart.....now which one is which? Is the one in the front Sparkie?

Sparkie is the big moose in front:lol

Rosie came over and I gave her my metronome for her Colorado granddaughter. Abby loves playing the piano and is doing super well with her lessons, but needs a metronome so she can get the time right. It's nice knowing it will be going to someone who loves the piano and can really use it. I really didn't want to give it to Goodwill or some such. I never use it anymore.
That was so nice of you to do that!

I'm thinking about a scrap RR - my stash is a bit out of hand. :lol I saw one in a blog and just need to find it again.

That sounds like a fun project!

Thanks to everyone for the nice words about our pups... We love them so much and I think they know it, which is why they love us back....:manyheart

Have a great night, my friends:hug

Hello everyone. Busy, busy, busy at work. They did two heart transplants overnight, and they need extra nurses for the first day or so to take care of them. Since we are already shortstaffed we were stretched very thin. I'm off for the next ten days though. I'm planning to visit my parents for a few days, and do some heavy duty cleaning around here.

I thought I was all done with my Christmas shopping, but now my dad informs me that since he can't go Christmas shopping and my mom can't either, he wants us to buy all our children and grandchildren gifts from them. (I figured since my dad was in the hospital and my mom is physically unable to go shopping, not to mention slightly confused, we would just skip gifts this year) I had a hard time figuring out what to buy my kids and grandkids from us this year, let alone thinking of something to get them from Grandma and Grandpa. I think I will just run into Rockford (small town, near where we live), and buy my DD's something from the Women at Risk store. They have beautiful jewelry, scarves, purses and so forth, all handmade by women who are at risk for or rescued from sexual slavery and other things.

Mary, how nice that almost all your gift buying and wrapping is done. (I thought I was done...) We will be having Christmas dinner at DD's house this year, and we will actually wait to open gifts until after Christmas, because of youngest DD's work schedule. Hope your dh's eye tests turn out good. Also that Zoe behaves herself from now on! (I don"t think Sophie has even noticed the tree. She's not allowed in the living room, so she pretty much ignores that room.) Wtg on finished the scarf. A scrap round ripple sounds like a fun project.

Phyllis, how wonderful to have such a long block of time all to yourself! What did you end up doing?

Marlene, just wondering, when are you leaving for Texas?

Shannon, I'm not a huge sci-fi fantasy fan, (probably because of the required reading in high school which included a lot of science fiction), but my hubby and kids are. Of course when you are published, I will buy and read your book! Maybe you will turn me into a sci-fi fan! And it sounds like your son is in a great school program.

Judy, great pics of your babies. Sounds like Lucy is a really smart dog. (She even looks smart!) Funny how dogs pick a spot and it becomes "theirs". Our dog likes to sit in the corner of the family room couch, but she knows she is only allowed up there if her blanket is on the couch. When someone else sits there, or she wants to sit there, and her blanket isn't there, she doesn't quite know what to make of it.

Dusti, glad the visit with the principal went better than you anticipated. Sounds like your Saturday was a fun family day. We are also having strangely warm weather this month, although Saturday was cold and snowy. Today it was 50 degrees.

I managed to resist starting another knitting project. I have three going and I knit very slowly. However, one of the three projects is a pair of slippers, and I cannot find them.

Marisa, as usual, you sound busy with fun stuff.

Linda, the Kirklands here closed and I really miss it. I always found a lot of neat stuff there. Sounds like you and Rosie had fun together, despite the fact that you couldn't go to the antique show. Giving your metronome to Rosie's grand daughter is such a sweet thing to do. I'm sure it will really be appreciated.

Joanne, hope your work day went well.

Tab, hang in there. Jsut a short time left!

Christi, I have four grandsons, but they don't live here! Your house must be very busy!

Good morning!

I had a busy day yesterday at work, but then it was fun times at the craft club! You should see the cute owl that Phyllis made!!! Absolutely adorable!!! (Phyllis --if you are reading this- you should post a pic-:devil)

I'm happy to read that Dusti's Kyri will be starting her new school soon- and that you were able to speak to the principal--and that she seemed to be concerned---too bad it took extreme action on your part to get her to that point!

Loved the pic of Sparkie and Lucy, Judy! See the picture reminded that I meant to stop at PetSmart last night on the way home from work- I need to buy Belle a Christmas present- DD told me she needs another Nylabone! Note to self- Stop at PetSmart tonight on the way home!:)

Linda-I'm glad that you got to spend some time with Rosie even if John didn't get home in time to go to the antique place. I'm sure Rosie's granddaughter is going to be so happy to receive your metronome!

Cindy- Wow- what a busy day you had yesterday!! Two heart transplants in one day!! Enjoy your time off- and safe travels to your parents! My DH just told me of a few things he'd like---and i thought I was done with shopping! Guess not! :lol I'll be stopping tonight after work and then will come home and crash I'm sure!!! I think it's a great idea to go the Women at Risk store to pick up some things!

Tab- Wishing that your new baby makes his appearance in a timely fashion--when he is ready to join the world!!! And hopefully he doesn't wait till Valentine's Day!

Mary- How'd it go with DH's appointment?

Marisa- Sounds like you had a great weekend! When do you head home to your folks?

Marlene- I'd love to sleep in one of these years:lol Seems my internal clock just wakes me up early- and earlier!:eek

Off to get ready-- heading in early when it's quiet since I've got lots on my plate at work today!

Hi! Anybody home?

My son's boss gave him 2 tickets to today's Eagles/Jets game in Philly. They are both avid Jets fans. So while they are freezing their buns off at the game, I have at least 10 glorious hours of unninterrupted time. My shopping is done, all gifts wrapped, the laundry and cleaning are as caught up as they are going to get. So you all know what is left for me to do - whatever I feel like doing. Where is my yarn and my tv remote?

:cheer:c9:clap

All that quiet time sounds Nice! Ugh..I have NO wrapping done yet. It is on the agenda for today though :P

[quote name='Skysmom;239055

Linda ~ I hope you got to go out with Rosie this evening. :yes It sounds like the venison supply is low' date=' so maybe we had better root for the hunters just once. ;)

[b']Cindy ~[/b] Your day by the fire sounds perfect! Will you have your family for Christmas?

Christi ~ Three grandsons? You must have your hands full. :lol It's always good to see your posts, so come back when you can!

Joanne ~ Your weekend must have been so nice...do you have any time off for Christmas?

Most of the wrapping is done and I only thought of one gift that I need to get. :lol Have a good evening!:manyheart

Actually we have 10 grandkids. Three live with us since May of 2010. And their parents since July 2010. Trying to help them get "on their feet" :sigh:sigh:bang. Not really working out the way we planned. My husband is a very patient man. My son from a previous relationship. There have been a lot of ups and downs. We love the boys like our own children 7,5 and 2.

I'm back.

Phyllis- Congrats on the massive :crocheting time. Wish I had that.

I think that sounds like fun..writing books! The program your son is in sounds awesome, I'm glad he doesn't have to be bored anymore. Don't know what the MIL issues are but I empathize! Good luck.

Good morning!

The Giants game was awful as Judy indicated--should be an interesting game against the Jets- unfortunately, I probably won't get to see much of it, since it's on Christmas eve and we'll be at my SIL's mom's house. Why is there a football game on Christmas eve????

Cindy- My DH knows how important my DD's are to me--and understands that the three of us having the opportunity to spend time all together is few and far between since oldest is up in Boston! He's really good about it!

Phyllis- What did you decide to do with all your time alone? Too bad that the Jets lost-and it was not a pretty game--My niece was actually at the Giants game with her BF yesterday-and she didn't see a much better game! Both NY teams played horribly yesterday! See you tonight at craft club!

Shannon--Good news about your son- and the book you are writing sounds interesting- I wish you must luck with it. I'm not really a sci-fi fan, but my DH likes it!

Christi- I didn't realize that you had 3 grandsons living with you- I'm sure there is never a dull (or quiet) moment for you!

Julie- Did Cam come at all this weekend to spend some time with you?

Linda- Did John get back in time for you to go with Rosie?

Time is ticking away, so I must get ready for another day in Paradise.

Have a good day, one and all!

I wouldn't know what to do if my girls didn't live close!

Mary ~ What a sweet picture of little Luke. Did he have fun helping his folks pick out their Christmas tree? He must be so excited this year. Has he visited with Santa, or is that too scary for him, yet?

Joanne ~ Your weekend with your daughters sounded wonderful! So glad you got to enjoy your days together.

Cindy ~ Hibernating does not sound all bad, especially if your surfaces are ice covered. Did you start another knitting project? Hope you have a good week.

Linda ~ I hope you were able to go out antiquing. Mom, Gramma and I like to go out and wander through the shops along the northshore of Lake Superior, if we find a free day together. Did anything call out your name? I look for pewter cups and spoons, when I am out shopping. Sounds as though your party the other evening was very enjoyable. Good friends and good food are a true blessing :manyheart

Phyllis ~ I do not think I had a chance to comment when you posted the picture in your hat last week, but I thought it looked wonderful :yarn How nice it was to put a face to your name :hug Ooooh, a day to yourself...how did you decide to spend it? Sorry to hear that the game was not that spectacular, but I am sure you enjoyed your quiet house to the hilt.

Christi ~ Always busy and lively at your house, I expect. Nice of you to pop in, whenever time allows.

Shannon ~ Way to go on your book writing :cheer I am glad you were able to work-out an arrangement with your DS's school. Is he happier, now, too?

I HAVE to write my final 4 Christmas letters today, so I am going to run. Wishing you all a great day :sheepxmas

Sounds like a wonderful day! Sorry to hear about the school issues

Hi Ladies, Been catching up but I'm off to bed. Was up extra early to give DD a wake up call. She had to be to work at 7am. See you all tomorrow.

Good luck getting back to sleep

Sorry Cindy. Odd. Well if anyone else can see it I guess we will find out. Could be somthig I did. This pandigital tablet is new to me and this is the first pic I tried to link to. Thanks for letting me know.

Pic of Luke wasoober cute

And Judy the puppies are adorable!

Good morning my friends. I get the official Hard Head Award and the Clutz of the Year Award! I was bringing in packing boxes last night so that I could spend a part of the evening packing up things to send and things for the move while watching a holiday movie on TV. Everything went well until the last step down. I stepped on something, lost my balance, fell to the left side and landed on the vaccuum cleaner, which jostled the stand the TV (big, old, and heavy) sits on, and the boxes landed on me from one side and the TV landed on my head from the other side. Owwwwwwww!!!!!! :cry:yell:cry:yell:cry Things went dark for a moment or two and almost instantly I developed a HUGE goose egg on my head. The tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't move. Eventually shoved the boxes away from me and managed to shift the TV from my head to the top of a box destined for Goodwill. Called John repeatedly on his cell phone for help ~ no answer ~ he had turned it off and plugged it in to recharge when he got home. Finally made it upstairs to get some help. Pain in my head was awful. Couldn't quit crying. John moved the TV back onto the stand. Miracle of miracles, it still worked and hadn't even come disconnected or unplugged. He got me settled in my recliner with icebags on my head and checked back on me later. Still don't feel real grand and glorious, but no apparent side effects other than the lingering headache and 3 inch diameter lump on my head which is tender to the touch and an occasional pain down the side of my right leg where I apparently pulled something. Needless to say, I plan on taking it easy today. :yes Think I'll work on the RR instead of what was planned.

Hello everyone. I'm off for the next ten days though. I'm planning to visit my parents for a few days, and do some heavy duty cleaning around here.

I thought I was all done with my Christmas shopping, but now my dad informs me that since he can't go Christmas shopping and my mom can't either, he wants us to buy all our children and grandchildren gifts from them. (I figured since my dad was in the hospital and my mom is physically unable to go shopping, not to mention slightly confused, we would just skip gifts this year) I had a hard time figuring out what to buy my kids and grandkids from us this year, let alone thinking of something to get them from Grandma and Grandpa. I think I will just run into Rockford (small town, near where we live), and buy my DD's something from the Women at Risk store. They have beautiful jewelry, scarves, purses and so forth, all handmade by women who are at risk for or rescued from sexual slavery and other things.

Hope you have a great time with your folks. Shopping at the Women at Risk store sounds like a real winner.

Good morning!

I had a busy day yesterday at work, but then it was fun times at the craft club! You should see the cute owl that Phyllis made!!! Absolutely adorable!!! (Phyllis --if you are reading this- you should post a pic-:devil)

Oh, yes, Phyllis, please post a picture.

Linda-I'm glad that you got to spend some time with Rosie even if John didn't get home in time to go to the antique place. I'm sure Rosie's granddaughter is going to be so happy to receive your metronome!

Off to get ready-- heading in early when it's quiet since I've got lots on my plate at work today!

Have a good day at work, Joanne.

This is a pic of the bookworms i was doing for my sister. Well the heads anyway. :Phttp://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6543127493 the only way I have figured to share photos from my tablet is flickr. Hope that's ok.

I get a blank, black page at the websight. To post a picture here, click on the paperclick above, click the BROWSE button, find the picture you want to show us on your computer and double click it, then click the UPLOAD button. It sometimes takes a bit for it to complete uploading, but you'll see it listed on the bottom of the screen there when it's done. Repeat as often as needed and then close the screen. When you post your reply the pictures will come up at the bottom of the post. If you want them interspersed in your replay, go to where you want them, open the paperclip box and click on the pic you want there, go to the next place and repeat as often as needed.

Hope everyone has a good day. Catch you all later. :manyheart

For those of you who have been thanking me for your xmas card, you are very welcome :hug For those of you who didn't get one, I did not forget about you :no BUT I sent out to the people who I already have addresses for from previous occassions and I just don't have yours :think I don't want anyone feeling left out :hug

I worked on my graph ghan last night and am doing it in hdc's and am thinking I should've went with sc's, but since I hit the half way point last night (minus the border) I'm just going with it :lol It still looks ok. I have to do some shopping for my sister today (groceries) so she doesn't have to go tonight after work. They're having a luncheon tomorrow and she's helping her boss get it together. I'll head out after my 2:30 patient :clap:yay

Did anyone watch the football game last night? Well the Steelers played horribly, but how about the power going out twice!? :eek

Linda - How nice to find someone to send your metronome to :clap

Mary - a scrap rr sounds great :yes I'm going to have to start a scrap something soon myself :think But, I'll wait until I finish what I have going.

Cindy - Good luck with the extra xmas shopping for your parents :hug

Joanne - We're heading home EARLY friday morning. Bean (my sister's bf, nickname) has been working over nights right now so we figured we'd leave when he got home from thursday night. But, now he's going to take off thursday because he has things to get done and then we'll still leave early friday to miss traffic. We'll be coming back on tuesday. No sense taking 2 cars with us for the 5 hour drive :no

Christi - Your link showed me a blue granny square with an small overlay of a baby in the center? Is that what I was supposed to see? Well, either way, the baby is cute and the square looked great :clap

:hi to everyone else in the house

Oh, so my SIL calls me this morning telling me that Caleb (my oldest nephew at 7) is wanting to learn how to knit. She passed it off the first time, but he keeps asking so my mom is giving her money to pick him up a few things for xmas so he can learn. She does not knit or crochet, but he's really into making things in general. I asked her if she's sure that he didn't want to crochet and she said she asked him and he told her knitting is with 2 needles and crochet is with 1 :lol I told her he's correct, but I also told her to make sure he knows that what I sent was all crocheted. When my parents say anything, dad always says knitting either way :shrug So, of course she asked him and he thought I knitted that stuff. Because I told her that if he thinks he's doing what I'm doing and it doesn't look the same, he'll get confused. I think she's ordering an instructional dvd that got good reviews online. I told her that I know the basics of knitting, but am a much better crocheter. Apparently he wants to make a hat, booties, and blanket for her sister's baby that she's going to have :manyheart How cute! I haven't gotten the final verdict yet on knit or crochet, but will let you know :lol

Archived