Our House Part Two

JulieKay

As promised....a new CAL for 2012!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2393803&postcount=1

I wanted to keep it separate from House...and do not feel you have to join. It's just something fun. And very loosely organized, to put it mildly:lol:lol

Have a great night everyone!:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted to your new thread, Judy. Sounds like I could get a lot accomplished there.

I went to Michaels today, because they had a "$5 off every $25 spent" coupon, good today only, and all yarn was on sale. It was really busy and the yarn was quite picked over already, but I did manage to spend $50 on yarn. Actually I could've spent a lot more, but I decided to restrain myself. I got some brighter colors of yarn to make baby things. (turquoise and a bright coral) It seems like I see a lot more bight things for babies than when my kids were little, and I like using the bright colors.

I posted to your new thread, Judy. Sounds like I could get a lot accomplished there.

I hope so...I'll be keeping on top of things and it just might work!

I went to Michaels today, because they had a "$5 off every $25 spent" coupon, good today only, and all yarn was on sale. It was really busy and the yarn was quite picked over already, but I did manage to spend $50 on yarn. Actually I could've spent a lot more, but I decided to restrain myself. I got some brighter colors of yarn to make baby things. (turquoise and a bright coral) It seems like I see a lot more bight things for babies than when my kids were little, and I like using the bright colors.

I was there too...with my coupon:lol I also could havespent more....

I picked up Caron one pounders: white, pink, Soft sage and rose. I think I envisioned a garden theme...:lol Oh, and bean-type things to anchor those babusha dolls we saw Lucy make on Attic 24. My next "different" project.I like that pattern book she mentioned.

Off I go - early hair appt tomorrow, then the day is mine.

Morning, peeps!

Marisa, YAY for the iPad!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:yay

Happy shopping!

DS loved what we gave him...and he seems to be more observant than we thought: he remembered we play Scrabble alot...and bought us a Vintage Scrabble game! It's in a wood box, has a drawer...it's on a a turntable and all the non-wood pieces are made with metal. It's absolutely amazing!

And hubby got me a beautiful bright red bag that looks like this one - though it's not the same brand, and is smooth leather. I know have a bag that is helping me pare down from the heavy bag I've always carried. I love it!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dooney-bourke-dillen-ii-letter-carrier-crossbody-bag/3166731?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=dooney_&_bourke_'dillen_ii_letter_carrier'_crossbody_bag:350037&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ven=bizrate&mr:referralID=047da28e-2fc5-11e1-8078-001b2166c62d

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Nice bag- and that Scrabble game sounds neat---I'll have to remember that for DD's 30th in March- she and her BF and friends play Scrabble alot!

Good morning. We haven't opened gifts yet so I have nothing to report. (dd's work schedules, ds living a long ways away, and the fact that today is oldest grandsons birthday.) We'll be opening them on Thursday. I don't expect much from dh. After all I just got a Kindle Fire and that cool reversible ring.

Judy, Joanne and Marisa, you all got great gifts.

I love that bag Judy, my youngest Dd has one in that shape, and finds it really useful. (Her's holds more than you would think, just looking at it, so you may still have to restrain yourself from carrying everything you own!) And I am impressed by your ds's choice of gift for his parents. For a young man, noticing that and going to the work of finding such a perfect gift is really something.

Marisa, WOW, an Ipad. Lucky girl. You must have been very good!

Joanne, lucky you too. If you plan to put a lot of beads on a Pandora bracelet, the bracelet, seems to get smaller, (the beads are mostly quite large), so be careful not to exchange it for one that will end up being too small. (we bought DD one for her birthday, and at first we thought it would be too big, but after dd added a bunch of beads it turned out to be fine.)

Went and exchanged the bracelet for another size. The lady at Pandora said the ideal size is one that you can fit two fingers under--I figure she knows what she is doing- and it still has room for more beads. i already have 8 on there- and I am owed March birth stone--DH said there wasn't one to be had and there wasn't one today either- may just order it online.

It sounds like a lot of you had a great Christmas. Mine was pretty cool, too. All of my children were here, and we had a nice relaxing day. The kids pooled their resources and gave me a Nook tablet, which is fantastic since I don't have a cell phone or an mp3 player or a tablet. DD's roommate works at B&N and got them a great discount.

Here is a pic of my DIL wearing her ponytail hat and keyhole scarf that I knitted for her. She loves it!

Great pic of your DIL!!! And Woot for the new iPad--Phyllis is going techy on us;)

Hi ladies :hi

Just checking in. We went shopping today and I got a set of pj's at old navy for $5. My sister picked up a few things as well and my mom got a new housecoat. I had my hot dogs for breakfast, which were very yummy. I was only getting one and when I got there my mouth asked for two!!! :eek:lol So yep Linda, you enjoyed yours very much :wink

Now waiting for family to get in. My dad is on the way back from the airport as we speak :yes So I'm going to plop on the couch until they arrive :think

Great buy and have fun with the fam!

As promised....a new CAL for 2012!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2393803&postcount=1

I wanted to keep it separate from House...and do not feel you have to join. It's just something fun. And very loosely organized, to put it mildly:lol:lol

Have a great night everyone!:hug:manyheart

I signed up too- I'm going to need help staying on track- I am going to be busy with Paradise heading up this project this year and will need to budget my :crocheting time

I went to Michael's too--I really didn't need new yarn, but who can resist a sale?

I was there too...with my coupon:lol I also could havespent more....

I picked up Caron one pounders: white, pink, Soft sage and rose. I think I envisioned a garden theme...:lol Oh, and bean-type things to anchor those babusha dolls we saw Lucy make on Attic 24. My next "different" project.I like that pattern book she mentioned.

Off I go - early hair appt tomorrow, then the day is mine.

It's a great book, Judy!!! And I wish all I had to do tomorrow was have a hair appointment. :(

See you all in the AM!

Good morning. Its snowing hard here, but it's not really that cold, so I think it will end up being a wet slushy mess.

I have to call the dentist in a few minutes, as I've lost a filling. I don;t know when it happened, I noticed it on Saturday evening, but of course they were closed yesterday. It doesn't bother me at all but I am concerned about doing more damage to the tooth. If I can get into the dentist today, I'll do my grocery shopping afterwards.

I spent last evening knitting a round dishcloth. This was much easier than you might think, looking at the picture.

Good morning. Hoping you all have a wonderful day. Finished crocheting the RR last night. Still have to hide the tails but that shouldn't take too long. Pictures later.

I have to call the dentist in a few minutes, as I've lost a filling. I don;t know when it happened, I noticed it on Saturday evening, but of course they were closed yesterday. It doesn't bother me at all but I am concerned about doing more damage to the tooth. If I can get into the dentist today, I'll do my grocery shopping afterwards.

I have a piece of a filling that chipped off, too. The dentist found it at the last check up:(

I spent last evening knitting a round dishcloth. This was much easier than you might think, looking at the picture.

Wonderful pattern! Thanks for sharing....

Good morning. Hoping you all have a wonderful day. Finished crocheting the RR last night. Still have to hide the tails but that shouldn't take too long. Pictures later.

:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

Nice pics Judy!!! Love the "exhausted pups one"

Had a busy day and it's raining like the dickens out there- the commute was not fun, but at least there weren't nearly as many cars on the road as usual since lots of folks took off work this week it seems.

Cindy- that dishcloth is so pretty- and easy for you maybe!!! I'm going to learn to knit this year--may bring the pointy sticks to craft club tomorrow- it depends on if I'm in the mood

Good morning!

Started a cowl last night for my oldest- she liked this yarn and I found the convertible cowl pattern by JustessDesigns on Rav and figured this would work instead of doing an infinity scarf in seed stitch- much quicker. I also want to make a ribbed neck warmer from Cindy's pattern that she had linked to a while ago.here

Hope you all enjoy your day- whatever it is you have planned. Paradise during the day for me and then craft club tonight!

http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001089391052&__user=1811705733#!/photo.php?fbid=1118816749908&id=1811705733&set=a.1118807149668.23359.1811705733&refid=0

Still trying to figure out how to share photos on my tablet. Can't just upload because it says upload blocked

:drool Marisa, you lucky lady! Lol Good luck hooking up to your work stuff

Joanne, wow, lots of nice stuff! Isn't I always nice to get somthing thoughtful and completly unexpected? The bracelet sounds awesome.

Judy I love the purse! So hard to downsize! :clap That should help. I love the pictures of your furbabies! We had three daschaunds, when my DD moved out they moved with her :( And with a family of 5 living with my dh,, ds and I in our 14x70 mobile home it is not the time to get any more. So I really do love seeing yours, thanks for sharing!

Going to get :coffee

Cindy enjoy your day tomorrow. And that reversible ring is very nice. First time I saw one is when you posted about it. That dishcloth is really pretty, what color did you do it in?

Linda brunch sounds like it was yummy. What is the Odessy performance? :cheer on finishing the round ripple! I have never done one before but would like to do a "spiderman" one

Phyllis I really like that hat and scarf, I will have to find the scarf in crochet o I can make one :) Congrats on the Nook

Good Morning, all. :manyheart I'm still here! I'll just say it's not been the best week - including Christmas - and of course involves my parents and brother. My parents both need full time care and still refuse any help...so it's time for me to take care of DH and myself and just pray they change their minds before it's too late. I may drive down every week or so, instead of 2 or 3 times a week.

I hope you all are having a great week! I started a RR and am changing colors on every row...and trying to weave in ends as I go. :lol

Oh, DH was super surprised and loves his Nook Tablet! We've figured most things out now and his library is growing. The font size options and the brightness choices are a very good thing for him at this point. :)

Take care, everyone. :manyheart Today will be errands and grocery shopping for me.

Good morning. I still have a headache all the time, but for the most part the nausea is gone. It only happens when the headache gets extreme now. If I remember to take the pain pills on a regular basis the nausea stays away. Crackers help with it too.

We have sunshine today. Yay!!! John went hunting yesterday afternoon and this morning. Haven't heard if he got anything yet. The pair he saw yesterday were too far away to shoot. Hopefully he'll have better luck this morning.

a pair of exhausted dogs, post Christmas...and fun in the yard...Lucy is on the right

Love the pictures, Judy. I'm lurking on your new CAL at this point. Don't know if I'll join yet, but probably. Have to finish this year's stuff before I can even think about next year. :lol

Mary, sending lots of hugs your way. :hug :hug :hug :hug We had to make the decision for my mom last summer. It was not safe for her to be in her home anymore and she went to the assisted living portion of the nursing home. It was a good decision and she hasn't fought it nearly as much as we expected. And even so she managed to fall and break her hip. The progress is slow but she is improving.

Good Morning, all. :manyheart I'm still here! I'll just say it's not been the best week - including Christmas - and of course involves my parents and brother. My parents both need full time care and still refuse any help...so it's time for me to take care of DH and myself and just pray they change their minds before it's too late. I may drive down every week or so, instead of 2 or 3 times a week.

I hope you all are having a great week! I started a RR and am changing colors on every row...and trying to weave in ends as I go. :lol

Oh, DH was super surprised and loves his Nook Tablet! We've figured most things out now and his library is growing. The font size options and the brightness choices are a very good thing for him at this point. :)

Take care, everyone. :manyheart Today will be errands and grocery shopping for me.

It's great that your dh likes his new toy. Glad it works out for him despite his eye issues.

We are in a similar situation with my parents. My mom's memory is really bad, and my dad is still in the hospital, but he's making progress, and will soon be ready to go home if it continues. My mom lives alone at their condo at the moment, and this seems to working out alright. She is very steady on her feet, and she usually remembers the things neccessary for normal daily life, (locking doors, making the bed, eating meals, although she doesn't cook, etc. ) We have a caregiver come in 7 mornings a week to help her with bathing and to get her a hot breakfast. My brother takes her to his house every evening for dinner. (Luckily they live 5 minutes away, and my sister in law is a jewel!!!.) Every afternoon during the week, someone from her church takes her to visit my dad in the hospital, so she gets checked on quite a bit. We also hired a housekeeper, since mom is pretty limited in arm use, since she fractured her shoulder. Dad 's mind is very good, but he is physically much weaker than mom.

Dh's parents are not in the best of shape either, but they cope quite well with a little help from us.

Good morning ladies :hi

I feel like I have so much to do :eek I did bring home with me what I could've done without being in the office....but that stayed right where it was and never got unpacked :lol I'm going to make myself a to do list and prioritize and check off items one by one during the week :yes (See where you ladies rank :wink )

It's great to hear about everyone's holidays :hug

Phyllis - Beautiful hat/scarf for DIL, I love the color :manyheart and :yay for your new nook tablet, are you getting to know it?

Tab - Hope all is well with the pregnancy and that your holidays were wonderful :hug

Linda - WTG finishing the RR, can't wait to see pics :devil Glad to hear your nausea is gone and the headache is somewhat under control :yes

Judy - I have to go check our your new CAL, sounds interesting and definitely a great idea. I'll probably throw my :2c in here and there, but am not sure that I'll 'join' persay. I have a few old, old WIP's sitting around that I want to focus on after my graph ghan, but they could always go into a gift pile for next year :think The pups are just too cute :manyheart

Cindy - Sounds like you made a great haul on the yarn at Michael's :yes It was flurrying here this morning with a light covering on the ground, but I don't think it's supposed to keep up at all. I hope you get hold of the dentist today so they can fix you up :xfin Love the round knit dishcloth :yes

Joanne - Glad you were able to get the bracelet sized :clap I hope you get your March birthstone quickly. Can't wait to see your cowl, I already have Cindy's printed out and waiting for some attention too :lol I'll have to go check out this other one at Rav.

Christi - Thanks, I think I might need the luck :think But, that's actually a bit lower on my priority list so maybe later in the week or early next week I'll get to it.

Mary - Sorry to hear your parents are being so stubborn, they just don't want to give up their independence :no WTG with your RR, I always try to work ends in as I go as well :yes Glad to hear that DH loves his new nook :bounce

Linda, my sil got hit in the head by the tailgate of her van a few weeks ago, (her dh raised the tailgate electronically while she was walking behind it), and has the same symptoms you have, Her doctor said it was post concussion syndrome, and that it could last up to 6 weeks, and that she should make sure to rest, and relax as much as possible. I hope you are doing the same.

Marisa, I go to the dentist on Friday. I could have gone at 8 this morning, but I didn't feel like getting up that early.

Christi, that dishcloth was made out of a skein that had lost its wrapper, so I don't know what color it was.

My computer has picked up that same virus again, and it won't even turn on at the moment, so I'm on dh's computer. Ds is here and he's trying to fix mine. It's not going too well, so he may have to totally wipe it and start from scratch. Luckily I don't have much stored on it. I backed up my pictures a few days ago, and that's really all that I wouldn't want to lose.

It's great that your dh likes his new toy. Glad it works out for him despite his eye issues.

We are in a similar situation with my parents. My mom's memory is really bad, and my dad is still in the hospital, but he's making progress, and will soon be ready to go home if it continues. My mom lives alone at their condo at the moment, and this seems to working out alright. She is very steady on her feet, and she usually remembers the things neccessary for normal daily life, (locking doors, making the bed, eating meals, although she doesn't cook, etc. ) We have a caregiver come in 7 mornings a week to help her with bathing and to get her a hot breakfast. My brother takes her to his house every evening for dinner. (Luckily they live 5 minutes away, and my sister in law is a jewel!!!.) Every afternoon during the week, someone from her church takes her to visit my dad in the hospital, so she gets checked on quite a bit. We also hired a housekeeper, since mom is pretty limited in arm use, since she fractured her shoulder. Dad 's mind is very good, but he is physically much weaker than mom.

Dh's parents are not in the best of shape either, but they cope quite well with a little help from us.

Sounds like your parents are well cared for and always being checked on throughout the day :manyheart It's great when everyone is helping out and that your parents are receptive to the situation :yes Sounds like a system that work for you and your family :hug

Good Morning, all. :manyheart I'm still here! I'll just say it's not been the best week - including Christmas - and of course involves my parents and brother. My parents both need full time care and still refuse any help...so it's time for me to take care of DH and myself and just pray they change their minds before it's too late. I may drive down every week or so, instead of 2 or 3 times a week. That's so hard:hug:hug

Good idea!

I'm so glad the Nook Tablet works for hubby and that he lieks it so much. We are lucky, living in this era.

Good morning. I still have a headache all the time, but for the most part the nausea is gone. It only happens when the headache gets extreme now. If I remember to take the pain pills on a regular basis the nausea stays away. Crackers help with it too.

UGH...rest up as much as you can!

Love the pictures, Judy. I'm lurking on your new CAL at this point. Don't know if I'll join yet, but probably. Have to finish this year's stuff before I can even think about next year. :lol

We'll be hanging around...so drop in if you need the support!

Morning ladies

Jude, your purse is so cute --sorry I'm a little sluggish on catching up with posts. I only went back a few pages . I LOVE purses, so it's always neat looking at all the different ones they make. I prefer small purses,so it wouldnt be hard for me if I changed to a littler one. If I buy a bigger one, I have to rummage through the house to find STUFF to put in it,then I never use the STUFF . :think

Did your pups get their new balls for Christmas ? From the photo, it looks like they were both playing ball .

Also ,your new yarn colors sound pretty .

Joanne

What ornaments did you get on your new bracelet ? They look really pretty. I saw them on tv .

How is work going ? Busy as usual I bet . And how's the new grandson ? I bet he has really grown a lot .

I bet you can learn knitting .It's do-able and makes very pretty items . I can do the basics,but would still be called a beginner .

Cindy

We must have gotten the same type snow you did. Just about an inch or so, and mostly slush.It's melted already .

Your new dishcloth is very pretty .

Linda

Your poor head .Did you end up getting it checked out at the doc ? Sure sounds like you have had some rough days .

Glad you got the rr done in time .

Mary

Sorry Chritmas wasn't the greatest. I understand. We used to have lots of them that would leave a lingering bad feeling afterwards. Lots of stress when you try getting our gang together . Sometimes I think it's easier now that they all live far away and are rarely ever here for a holiday . Sam got fed up with them years ago and never enjoyed the dinners, so he is glad it's just the 2 of us now .

I certainly understand about your parents.Mine are the same,they rarely EVER go to a Dr and will not give up and ever get anyone in to give them daily care . They are both very stubborn about things like that .

That's neat about your husband's Nook. They would definitely be handy for changing print sizes on books .

Also, the pic you posted a few pgs back of Luke is just PRECIOUS . He looks like such a little sweetheart .

Tab - Hope you are feeling ok and will soon have your new little bundle of joy in your arms . Those last few weeks can be miserable ,waiting .

A big shout out to those I missed .Not intentional, just out of the loop in here ,so it will take me awhile to get the hang of answering so many posts a day .

I joined up for Jude's new group,and will see if I can sprinkle some other crafts in with yarn-related ones .

I am making Pyper ( Cam's little sister,who is 2) a baby doll blanket. Hoping to get it done today. I started it yesterday,but didnt get too far with it before the eyes started burning ,so I put it down for the night.

Will pick it up this morning and get more done on it .

I also found one of the felt-type stocking kits you make with all the little sequins. It's kinda been a tradition to make one for each family member. I made them for the kids, their spouses, the grandkids . Steph asked me if I could make on for Pyper this year ,but I didnt go anyplace before Christmas in search of one,so I found one at the after Christmas sales . There won't be a rush to get it done,since we'll have a year before it is needed,but it will be next on my list after the blankie .

Not much else new here .Cam is growing really tall . He still comes up on the weekends, although he is getting to the more stay-to-himself age,so we give him his space to do as he wants. Sometimes we can still get him to play board games ,but those times are rare now. He is still funny and makes me laugh . He talks nonstop and tends to be on the edge of being a WISENHEIMER at times. Not sure where he picked THAT up from . :think:D

Well, off to get my day moving .My danged body clock is off whack ,so have been waking up at 3 AM for the past few weeks.

Sure is a good feeling to pick up a crochet hook again .Hope I can at least get back into it a bit .

I DID find another yarn to try yesterday. Debra Norville Anti-pilling ... hoping maybe it won't do the fuzzy type stuff. Didn't get that type for the baby blankie,so it has been a little challenging,but I think I'll be able to complete it today .

Cam -- Christmas 2011

post-144-135897722121_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Hi there Julie! My body clock has been off a little too- up earlier and earlier these days! I started to knit last night at craft club! Definitely slower than crochet- and of course much slower since I'm new at this. I will just knit, knit, knit--no purl yet! Going to make a scarf so it will take a while- but that's ok!

DH put some thought into the charms he got for my bracelet- birthstone charms to represent me, him, and my DD's. Also a little boy charm to represent my GS. He also got two blue colored charms since blue is my favorite color. They didn't have the March birthstone (middle DD's birth month) so he told me he owes me that one- I also want to get one to represent my son-in-law.

Linda- It does sound like you may have some post-concussion syndrome --hugs to you- and maybe worth a call to the doc to let him know you are still having headaches daily.

Mary- I can't imagine how tough it is to have stubborn aging parents. In a way, I'm blessed that I don't have those issues to deal with--although there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my Dad or Mom and wish they were still here- they would have loved little Ryan!

Cindy- Enjoy your Christmas celebration today/night?

Marisa- Glad you made it home safe and sound and I can't wait to see the finished Harley ghan! WTG--You can finish!!!

Dusti- Not sure if you are back home yet or not- but I hope you and the girls had a wonderful Christmas and I'm praying that all works out with your daughter's new school!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Archived