Our House Part Two

Good morning ladies :hi

I got a small poinsetta plant for my office yesterday, which reminds me to water it today :lol I worked on my graph ghan last night. I have to run out a bit later. I have an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed at 1 at a new place nearby so i hope they do a good job :xfin Then I have to go to the post office to mail out my xmas cards. Later on I'm meeting my sister and a couple friends for a quick bite to eat for one of their bdays. She didn't really want to celebrate since she's really stressed right now and her father is ill. But, my sister threw out there maybe just going out for a slice and beer....she liked that idea :yes

Judy - I have so many books on my nook waiting to be read that it's crazy!!! :eek I get the free one every friday too so it keeps building. Other than that I haven't been buying any other than the stephanie plum books, which we're all enjoying. I'm always searching through the free books though :yes

Cindy - I hope ds gets your computer virus cleaned up :hug :hug I also find it difficult to post from the nook, so will usually just read along that way.

Marlene - I enjoy the Debbie Macomber books too :yes How are the santa's coming along?

Faile - How much fun to make cards :bounce I hope you find some time to work on your shawl and good luck with the sanity thing....if you manage to do it, you'll have to share your secret on how you did it :wink

Joanne - Glad to hear that dd's day wasn't bad aside from getting reacclimated to the job. Hopefully work isn't too crazy for you today, but then you always have your mani and Ryan to look forward to :yes

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I am so sorry (more than you'll ever know :lol) to have been MIA. We've been through a UVerse nightmare! They came on time Friday and quickly found that the signal strength to our area was not strong enough to support the new system...duh, you'd think they would have known that! We were glad they didn't install it anyway, but they forgot to go back to the "box" on the highway and turn our phone/DSL back on. It was Sunday before someone was "available" and they just couldn't figure out why "we changed our minds!" :yell So we put all the furniture back and we'll figure out our options after Christmas. Talk about poor customer service...and inept employees! Thanks for letting me vent. :)

I've missed you guys and plan on being home more this week - barring any more parent issues. DD, her DH and Little Guy are flying to South Padre Island tomorrow for a few days - Luke's first plane ride!

Have a wonderful day and I hope to be back soon. :ghug

Good morning. Went to bed early last night and slept the clock around. Helped make up for no sleep at all the night before. I feel better anyway. Kim has to go back to the doctor's office and have her coumadin level rechecked, it was too low last week. Every now and then it goes out of whack for no apparent reason, and then straighens back up and again the next week. :shrug While we're out we'll stop by the church and drop off preemie items and bears for a community project that provides new and gently loved bears to children who have to be at court for various hearings. We'll also drop off a couple of items at the hospital for the Toys for Tots program.

post-9295-135897718483_thumb.jpg

post-9295-13589771849_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897718498_thumb.jpg

Mom continues to do better at a very slow pace. Her speach is back to her normal, which also makes things a lot easier.

Just a quick hello from me...I have picked up a nasty computer virus that blocks nearly every program. Getting online is challenging, and staying online once I get there is also a problem. I'll be around more once I get the virus taken care of. I may need to wait iuntil ds gets back here this weekend.

I can keep up on my Nook but I find it hard to post from there.

Hope you get rid of the nasty virus quick and with no damage to files or programs.

Hi Ladies,

I bought two new books this weekend. Both are by Debbie Macomber. I thought if I couldn't crochet much while traveling maybe I would read. I picked up Learning to Love and Susan Mallery, Christina Skye The knitting Diaries. Today I worked on Maya's Santa's. I sewed in the tails on 17 of them and had to quit. I guess it's going to be the small things like that, that will take awhile to over come. But that's okay. It's much better than it was. I'm ready for bed. Up to late and up to early. I did the bedding today so I have to make the bed and I think I'm going to go to bed and watch tv. Have a nice evening everyone!

It seems I can always spend money on one of my hobbies, books, yarn, and material topping the list. Hopefully with the thread and batting I just bought I won't have to buy any more for a while. And I've got quite a stack of books waiting for me to get to them, too.

I'm currently working on keeping my sanity during the holiday season! :lol

The butterfly shawl is still in the works, it just hasn't gotten much of any attention of late. Too many other things that need to get done. I do have some tentative plans to work on making cards this coming weekend. I've invited a friend to join me, and she's going to let me know in a few days if she'll be able to join me. I've got at least one other friend that I hope will be able to join us.

Sounds like that will be lots of fun. Have a good time making your cards. :hug

Hi all,

Read through all the posts, but am running out of time. Another busy day on tap at work--and then a little pampering with a manicure afterwards!---and I'll probably stop over to see my SIL and the little one- and see how he's doing with his one-on-one time with him while DD is at work- she survived her first day back- she emailed me last night before she left --long day- missed her baby--felt rusty--but good to be in the company of adults and she said she'll be ok. I know it was a tough day for her.

Have a good day!

Boy, that first day back can really be a tough one emotionally. Glad it went well. :hug

Hi to everyone else. Hope your day isn't too hectic. :hug

Catch you all later. :manyheart

post-9295-135897718467_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897718487_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897718494_thumb.jpg

Linda - Gorgeous projects :manyheart glad to hear that your mom is progressing and that you got a well needed night of sleep :hug

Mary - I hope you get everything straightened out and I'm sure Luke will love his first plane ride :hug

Hi again!

Linda ~ All of your work is just beautiful! :clap Way to go on so many finishes. Are you working on the next RR now? Great news about your Mom!

Judy ~ Your graph ghan is so very cute. :c9 One day I'll get brave and try one. :) I bought DH the Nook Tablet and haven't opened it yet...but will set it up and have some things on it when he opens it on Christmas. I'm sure we'll be frequent visitors to their tutorials on Sunday afternoons. :lol

Tabby! Congratulations on graduating! :cheer We're proud of you! Loved the US pictures and know you are ready for him to make his appearance. :yes

Marisa ~ You sound super busy! Will you go to your parents for Christmas?

Hi to everyone. I'm slowly catching up after no phone or internet for 3 days. Have a good evening!

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I am so sorry (more than you'll ever know :lol) to have been MIA. We've been through a UVerse nightmare! They came on time Friday and quickly found that the signal strength to our area was not strong enough to support the new system...duh, you'd think they would have known that! We were glad they didn't install it anyway, but they forgot to go back to the "box" on the highway and turn our phone/DSL back on. It was Sunday before someone was "available" and they just couldn't figure out why "we changed our minds!" :yell So we put all the furniture back and we'll figure out our options after Christmas. Talk about poor customer service...and inept employees! Thanks for letting me vent. :)

I've missed you guys and plan on being home more this week - barring any more parent issues. DD, her DH and Little Guy are flying to South Padre Island tomorrow for a few days - Luke's first plane ride!

Have a wonderful day and I hope to be back soon. :ghug

Oh, good grief!!!!!!!! What a nightmare with the Uverse guys! I'll bet Luke will be ever so excited about his first plane ride.

We got a beautiful day to be out for Kim's blood work. Ran a number of errands afterwards and are now settling in. John will bring home supper tonight, so I don't have to cook. Will have to go pick up prescription refills for me, then back to cleaning and straightening. It's never ending, isn't it? :P

Hi, ladies!

I was happy to see so many posts! I did read them all, but have to keep this short.

Have a great night, everyone:hug:manyheart:hug

HI all,

Good to hear from you Mary-and oh, what a nightmare with those Uverse guys!!! I'd be venting for days!!! You'll have to let us know how Luke does with his first plane ride!

Linda- Glad to hear that you had a good day to be out and about! The projects are lovely!

Cindy- Hope you can get that virus taken off--Knock wood- Have been an Apple fan for many, many years--and so far- no viruses!!

Marisa- Have fun and enjoy the beer and a slice!!! WTG getting your Christmas cards done--mine are sitting here staring at me- I only send a few out and then give one to everyone in the dept at work- I 'd better get busy on them!!!

Hello everyone. Fingers crossed that I got completely rid of that computer virus. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I got rid of it, but it does seem to be gone.

I did read through all the posts I missed, but I'm sure I've forgotten some of them already.

Linda, how nice of you to do all that donating. Your hats and blankets are nice. I also tend to spend a lot of money on fabric and sewing supplies.

Shannon, you are writing a book? I somehow missed that before.

Mary, sorry the u-verse didn't work out. Hopefully you will find something just as good.

Tabby, congrats on graduating. Thanks for sharing your ultrasound pictures.

Joanne, glad that DD did well with her first day back at work.

Marisa, you always sound so active and busy. How is your practice going?

Hi, Judy, Faile, Marlene, Julie, and everyone else.

Good morning!

Cindy- I was happy to read that the virus is gone!

I have another busy day on tap in Paradise --and then going to get my hair cut/colored which is long overdue!

Now that I'm up so early, I think I'll write out a few cards --didn't get to that last night as planned!

Hugs to all!

Dusti- I've been thinking of you and your dilemma with your DD---please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you are able to come to the right decision! Oh, and BTW, the mittens, hat and scarves you sent look lovely on the giving tree at work!!! Thank you again for sending them along !!!!

'morning, peeps!

I have a lunch date with my son today. No appointment needed for my back, tg, since it's actually been no trouble at all for a few days! Not sure why, but it's a great change!

Joanne, we stopped sending cards a couple of years ago...it's so freeing! I hope you get it all done.

Cindy, having been in your shoes I'm soooooo happy your computer virus seems to be gone!:yay

Off I go...DH's former partner from years back is coming up this way tomorrow so I need to work on getting things ready.

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Yes I am always busy it seems...one of the perks/hazards of being young, single, and childless :think

I got my eyebrows done yesterday and the girl did an awesome job and was really nice. We chatted a bit and I'll definitely go back there. I think that's where I'll get my pedicures at come spring too :think After that I got my xmas cards mailed :clap:yay

I made a full page ad to put in a local community's newsletter that they put out every other month in the housing complex and it's fairly cheap. However, I have ALOT of changes to make.....see if I ask my sister's advice again :sigh I only asked her about the layout and got input on how the whole thing pretty much s**ks :(:shrug I thought I did a really great job with it :think

So changes on that today, I have paperwork that came yesterday for another insurance company that needs to be done, I have a few phone calls to make, and get through my mail.

Mary - Yes, we will be headed to my parents for the holiday. My sister's bf took off I think 2 days so we'll be leaving Friday morning and coming back on Tuesday :) Oh, your dh is going to be super excited with his new gift!!!! :yes

Linda - Glad you had a nice day yesterday for taking Kim out and how great that John brought home dinner so you didn't have to cook :yay

Judy - :yay for your back not bothering you right now and how nice to meet ds for lunch :hug

Joanne - Did you work on your xmas cards this morning? I have to call for a hair appointment myself :think

Cindy - Good news about the virus :clap The practice is going well, but still slow. That's ok though, I'm learning my computer system little by little as things come up. I now have TWO patients and have been playing phone tag with a third to get her scheduled. :yes

Hi Ladies,

Just dropping to let you know there is a cute pattern at www.freepatterns.com it's called Christmas Corner. It's a fireplace, clock, candlesticks, stockings, fire logs, and a Christmas tree. Really cute pattern. I don't know if you have to be a member to get it, but if you do it's free.

Going to see Payton and Jocelyn this afternoon and give them there Christmas presents.

Off I go I'll catch you all later. Have a good day!

Marisa- Have fun and enjoy the beer and a slice!!! WTG getting your Christmas cards done--mine are sitting here staring at me- I only send a few out and then give one to everyone in the dept at work- I 'd better get busy on them!!!

Mine continue to look at me too. I've even found some more, but haven't addressed a one. :P

Good morning all. It's supposed to get into the low 70's today. Yay! :clap Much nicer than it's been in a while.

Cindy ~ Congrats on getting rid of the virus. That's great!

Marisa ~ Sorry about the ad not looking good to your sister. I'm sure you'll get it all shipshape. And congrats on now having 3 patients. You'll get there before too long.

Joanne ~ Hope your training day goes smoothly and the trainees are quick on the pickup.

Marlene ~ Thanks for the link to the freepatterns site. You do have to join to get in, but it's relatively painless. A bunch of ads to get through, but you don't actually have to get any of them, so not bad. I found a pattern for some quilted mini Christmas stockings and saved them for making later. Maybe as Christmas gifts for next year.

Hugs to everyone. :hug :hug :hug Love you all lots.

Edited by busy-bee-lmt
Hi Ladies,

Just dropping to let you know there is a cute pattern at www.freepatterns.com it's called Christmas Corner. It's a fireplace, clock, candlesticks, stockings, fire logs, and a Christmas tree. Really cute pattern. I don't know if you have to be a member to get it, but if you do it's free.

Going to see Payton and Jocelyn this afternoon and give them there Christmas presents.

That is cute! Looks like a lot of work though!

Finally found the picture and patterns for the Christmas corner. Yikes! :eek From the look of them I'd have to say that rating it as intermediate sounds too simplified. I'm thinking advanced would be more accurate. Doable, but not something I'm going to tackle. :no

Hi Ladies,

That's an amazing project~but I wouldn't have the patience to tackle it:P

I had a nice time with DS...and all in all it's been a very good day.Tomorrow will be fun, too - seeing my goddaughter in the afternoon, dinner with hubby and his friend (out - no cooking:D) and at 8PM theneighborhood Christmas party/cookie exchange with my book club. I just have to walk down about 4 houses for that.

Off I go for the night.

Have a good one:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Faile, Hope your friends can join you to make cards. It sounds like fun. There is a group of ladies in Texas that get together and make cards. They sell them to raise money for the cancer society. And they belong to a card club that meets once a week.

Hope you can find some time to crochet on your shawl.

Joanne, Glad DD's first day at work went well. I send some cards out but have been cutting back.

Judy, Sounds like your going to have a fun filled day tomorrow.

Mary, Sorry that at&t didn't work out for you. Your the second person I've heard this happen to. Luke will be excited flying in a plane. Hubby's sister and bil are coming to Texas with us, but there only staying for a little over a week. Were going to South Padre Island for a day or two.

Marisa, Good luck with the ad. Sometimes two sets of eyes are better than one. I have 5 santas left to make of face and beard. I have 22 hats to make..

Linda, Glad your Mom is improving. It's nice John brought dinner home. All your hats and blankets all look great. How nice of you to donate them to.

Cindy, Glad you were able to get rid of that virus.

Today I made some sugar cookie cut outs and frosting to take to the kids and they could frost them at home. They were so surprised to see us. It was hard for me to leave them. Jocelyn wanted to come home with me. But her Daddy said she couldn't as she has school tomorrow. And she was okay with that. I bought Payton a remote controled jeep. He loved it! I bought Jocelyn and Maya the springfield brand of the american girl doll. She loved her to. She was fixing her hair most of the time we were with them. I also got my nails painted.

Tonight DS gave me a complaiment on dinner. We had turkey gravy over mashed potatoes and biscuits. He was surprised it was so good.

I'm off tonight. I'll see you all tomorrow. Have a nice night!

hi all,

Quick good morning! Got my hair cut/colored and it feels good to have all the dead ends cut off and the gray's out! Today after work I'm heading over to DD's since my sis-in-law will be visiting from PA. Can't wait to see her!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Marisa- I didn't get the cards done--just going to send a few this year---

Judy- I like the idea of not sending cards- but I'm seriously curtailing it this year--to a few friends/family that I won't see during Christmas. My brothers and their families and I and my family I don't exchange gifts anymore now that the "kids" are all grown up--the least I can do is send them a card.

Hugs all around:hug:hug

Good morning. I do not have to work today, but I've already been awake for over an hour. Of course, tomorrow when I do ahve to work, I will have a hard time getting up!

I don;t send a lot of cards either, but I do send to people I won't see around the holidays.

My plan for today is to sew the quilt block I've designed for my on-line quilt group, (hopefully it works as I've envisioned it), and write up the directions. I also want to sew DD a sleeve for her Kindle fire. I can't find a nice one for under $30, and while I don't mind spending that much for one, I haven't seen any that I know for sure she would like. I doubt if it will cost more than a few dollars in materials to make one myself. It will probably take an hour or so though, since I want to quilt it so it is nice and soft and sturdy. I will also be working on the cowl I am crocheting for oldest dd as part of her Christmas gift.

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, enjoy your visit!

Cindy, I have a bag for my Nook already - made it for my original Nook. I'ts felted, has a short handle, button closure and is lined with fabric. It's nice and cushy.

Hi, Marlene, Mary, Marissa, and everyone! CU all later - or not. Depends how my day goes.;)

Good Morning! I've had a horrible time getting pages to load...it took me 5 minutes to wish Judy a Happy Birthday. :lol

Judy ~ It sounds like you have a lovely day planned - enjoy!

I'll be back later...our neighbor asked me to watch her little one until her MIL gets there. The last time this happened, it turned into an all day thing. She promised it wouldn't be later that 10 a.m.