Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

I'm going to say Merry Christmas now to just in case I can't get back here.

Dusti, What a shame for the teachers to be like that. Have a great weekend/vacation. How nice of your parents and Grandma to keep the girls so you can get away. It sounds like they have lots of fun things planned.

Mary, Have a great weekend!

Linda, Glad they didn't find anything wrong. Lots of r&r is in order for you.

Judy, A new cal sounds great. I'll watch for it.

Phyllis, I'll have another cup of decaf. Have a fun weekend hibernating.

Talked to Maya and she is excited to be coming tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a safe one with all are travels.:ctree

Good Morning, peeps!

Happy Christmas Eve!

An elf left a giftie unter the tree for me yesterday...all I thought I was getting was my Nook.:D Last minute shopper that he is, last night he was still asking me what else I might want!

Hmmmm....maybe I can take advantage of his generosity? :D

Or maybe this AM that's all gone after keeping the house so cold last night that his teeth chattered when he got up this AM for the call of Nature?:lol

I've had a return of a headache for the last 24 hours with some nausea thrown in. Called the doc and went in late this morning. She sent me to the ER with the recommendation that I have a head CT. John had gone hunting, so called him up and he came home to stay with Kim. Didn't want her exposed to whatever at the ER. Spent two hours there this afternoon, mostly sitting in an exam room by myself. They did the CT scan which was negative. No cracked skull and no interior bleed. Normal post-concussion symptoms which could continue for another week or so. Go home and continue what you've been doing and check back with your doc next week. Oh, and a bill for a couple of thousand dollars. :sigh:grumpy Merry Christmas. :grumpy:sigh I did get most of a preemie afghan crocheted while I was sitting there. :P Just 4 1/2 rows to go.

Sorry. I do hope that all of you have journeys and a wonderful Christmas!

I'm going downstairs and take some Tylenol. :blush

Oh, Linda! What a horrible way to feel - esp for Christmas!

Don't ever hesitate to spout off here. You're entitled...we all are: caregivers that we are, we often don't get heard.

I hope you start feelig better quickly!:hug:manyheart:hug

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. I will be hibernating through the weekend, so I'll keep ther coffee warm for all of you. Decaf, anyone?

Thnak you...but high test for me....:yes

Hi Ladies,

I'm going to say Merry Christmas now to just in case I can't get back here.

Judy, A new cal sounds great. I'll watch for it.

I think it'll be a fun one!

Talked to Maya and she is excited to be coming tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a safe one with all are travels.:ctree

Enjoy seeing that little sweetheart! She's going to be so excited about Christmas and sharing it with her Grandma!

Later, gators!:hug

Morning all- --Merry Christmas Eve!!! And today it's Giants/Jets game at 1!!

I was up at the crack of dawn and made a Kohl's run and voila--found the shirts and pants I've been looking for to get DH--and now I have $20.00 Kohl's cash for me! I also stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things- thought I had Ricotta and didn't and I always make lasagne on Christmas! Then, I stopped at the Gap--had a 15% off coupon, and everything on sale was additional 40% off so I treated myself to a couple of sweaters!

My co-workers liked their handmade gifts- scarves for some, SBT's for some others.

Phyllis- I'll take high test, too please-- just like Judy! I'm on my 3rd cup now! Yes, I am a coffee addict--

Marlene- Enjoy your time with Maya- I'll bet you are excited as she is to be together for Christmas!

Cindy- Hope your travels went well--since you may be checking in with your Nook- Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Linda- Oh, that is scary and it was very prudent to get the CT Scan done. Can't believe the cost though!! My health plan covers In-network CT Scan's at 100%. Hopefully you are feeling better today!

Judy- mmmm wonder what the Elf put under the tree???

Dusti- Your girls will sure have a wonderful time with your Gramma and Mom- how nice of them to spend time with them--enjoy your time with DH! I always looked forward to going to my Grandmas every summer for a week or two- she lived in NY- and I thought it was so neat that she lived in an apartment building and there was a playground right outside. My Grandma didn't drive so we rode the bus or subway- and she would always take me shopping to Gimbels (I'm dating myself here- LOL) and Macy's. One Christmas vacation, I spent the week with her and she took me to Radio City Musical Hall--I'll never forget how fun that was. She was my Grandma who crocheted and made me the coolest red poncho!!! I sure wish I had an interest in learning how to crochet when I was younger! I do have all her hooks- many of them steel ones and a Boye marked 10 cents! They are in the tall narrow jar that she always kept them in and are on display on my bookshelf.Good memories!!!

Julie, Marisa, Trish, Mary, Tab and ALL---enjoy your holiday weekend!!!!

Good morning. It's so chilly! :wbrr It's at least 25* colder than it was two days ago. I'm wearing two sweatshirts today in an attempt to stay warm. :lol

:wreathWishing you all a very Merry Christmas. :wreath

John gave me some of his antinausea pills and that's helping and I'm making friends with the icebags. For the most part I'm not feeling too bad. Just have to avoid bending over. A lot of things didn't get done that were on my list of things to do this week, but sometimes life happens and I've just decided that they will get done when they get done and I'm not going to stress over it. We're planning on going to the children's Christmas eve service at my church this afternoon. Tomorrow will be a quiet day here at home.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

We got in yesterday afternoon and did some running. Then had dinner and got ready for company last night. We had a blast hanging out and chatting. We got some great pics too :yes We've spent today cooking and prepping for tonights dinner. So, halushki is in the crock pot to stay warm, pierogies are done, butter and onions, stewed tomatoes, and fried fish are all done. Potatoes are peeled for cooking and mashing later, fish is prepped for baking, and the sweet potatoes are boiled and ready for being candied later.

My sister and her bf headed up to the bar a little bit ago to see the steelers game, which is not being aired locally here. I'm watching the jets/giants game here. We have mass at 4ish and it's just me, my dad, and sister that go so she'll be home in time to leave for that. The eagles game will start during church so I'll see the second half at least :yes

Mom and dad are napping in the living room and I decided to jump on to check in with you ladies.

Cindy - you're projects are great!!! :manyheart

Judy - That pattern was the Lancaster Quilt and it was in Crochet Today! magazine, I'll check which copy and I left off the border :think .......it's by Katherine Eng and in the copy that says to display until Dec 6, although I get it on my nook :devil It has a lady and a dog on the cover with matching granny scarf and tote on the lady and sweater on the doggie, if that helps. It was enjoyable to make too since it uses different stitches and is not super repetitive.

I hope everyone traveling does so safely and that you all enjoy your holiday!

:ctree:wreath:santa:gift:grinch:sheepxmas:stocking:candycane:hbulb:rud

:gift:wreath:ctree Merry Christmas! :ctree:wreath:gift

My wish for all of you is that you will have a wonderful time with family and friends. That those of you traveling have safe journeys. That the new year is filled with love and good friends. Have a blessed day.

Love,

Linda T

:santa:sheepxmas:ctree:gift:stocking:hbulb:rud:wreath

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Judy- Yes, the Giants are happy today---and so are the Giants Fans!:)

Had a wonderful time last evening-and had fun at DD's house this morning for breakfast. She'll be coming over later for dinner- and now I think I may take a nap!

Merry Christmas housemates

We had a wonderful day with family and I'm still stuffed from all the food!

Santa was good to us and brought us iPads!!!! :). I guess we were all on the nice list this year. I'm still in amazement and am going to see if I can sync it up to my work software, but I think I will have to access it remotely instead since my software needs windows to run :shrug. We shall see, either way it WILL work, now just to figure out the puzzle ;)

My cousin is flying in tomorrow from Florida so we will get to hang out with her and some more family that we haven't yet seen before we leave on Tuesday. Also on the menu for tomorrow is some shopping ;). And I want a hot dog (the best ever) before I leave and they're closed on Tuesday's so will have to fit it in tomorrow somewhere :think

Good morning and Happy Day after Christmas!

Had a wonderful day yesterday! DH totally surprised me by giving me a Pandora bracelet with charms- birthstone charms for me and 3 DD's (DH and my youngest have the same birthstone so he got a 2 for 1 with that one:lol) There was also a baby charm to represent my GS! It is so beautiful- and I was so not expecting any type of jewelry from him! The bracelet is too big, but they told him, it can easily be exchanged. He also got me the Nook Simple Touch. :). He was very happy with his new coat and new clothes I got him and even (gasp) went to his closet and packed up some things to bring to Goodwill!

My middle DD gave me one of her pieces of artwork and a pictorial book on baseball ballparks. My youngest DD, SIL and GS gave me a NY Giants Lawrence Taylor Jersey!! It is awesome! My oldest DD gave me a yarn winder! I was truly blessed with such wonderful gifts!

This morning, we are heading out to take advantage of some after holiday sales- I got a gift card from Macy's and i could really use a new pair of slippers! Also heading to Pandora to exchange the bracelet for one that fits!

Marisa- Looks like "Santa" was good to you guys!!! Wow!!!---an iPad for each of you!!! That's awesome! I'm sure you are going to love having it!!! Enjoy your shopping today!

I started a hat last evening for my step GS and will finish that up today too and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Going to go have some high test and then get ready for our shopping excursion-

Morning, peeps!

Marisa, YAY for the iPad!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:yay

Had a wonderful day yesterday! DH totally surprised me by giving me a Pandora bracelet with charms- birthstone charms for me and 3 DD's (DH and my youngest have the same birthstone so he got a 2 for 1 with that one:lol) There was also a baby charm to represent my GS! It is so beautiful- and I was so not expecting any type of jewelry from him! The bracelet is too big, but they told him, it can easily be exchanged. He also got me the Nook Simple Touch. :). He was very happy with his new coat and new clothes I got him and even (gasp) went to his closet and packed up some things to bring to Goodwill!

Good news all around!:yes

My middle DD gave me one of her pieces of artwork and a pictorial book on baseball ballparks. My youngest DD, SIL and GS gave me a NY Giants Lawrence Taylor Jersey!! It is awesome! My oldest DD gave me a yarn winder! I was truly blessed with such wonderful gifts!

Nice..!

Happy shopping!

DS loved what we gave him...and he seems to be more observant than we thought: he remembered we play Scrabble alot...and bought us a Vintage Scrabble game! It's in a wood box, has a drawer...it's on a a turntable and all the non-wood pieces are made with metal. It's absolutely amazing!

And hubby got me a beautiful bright red bag that looks like this one - though it's not the same brand, and is smooth leather. I know have a bag that is helping me pare down from the heavy bag I've always carried. I love it!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dooney-bourke-dillen-ii-letter-carrier-crossbody-bag/3166731?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=dooney_&_bourke_'dillen_ii_letter_carrier'_crossbody_bag:350037&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ven=bizrate&mr:referralID=047da28e-2fc5-11e1-8078-001b2166c62d

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Good morning. We haven't opened gifts yet so I have nothing to report. (dd's work schedules, ds living a long ways away, and the fact that today is oldest grandsons birthday.) We'll be opening them on Thursday. I don't expect much from dh. After all I just got a Kindle Fire and that cool reversible ring.

Judy, Joanne and Marisa, you all got great gifts.

I love that bag Judy, my youngest Dd has one in that shape, and finds it really useful. (Her's holds more than you would think, just looking at it, so you may still have to restrain yourself from carrying everything you own!) And I am impressed by your ds's choice of gift for his parents. For a young man, noticing that and going to the work of finding such a perfect gift is really something.

Marisa, WOW, an Ipad. Lucky girl. You must have been very good!

Joanne, lucky you too. If you plan to put a lot of beads on a Pandora bracelet, the bracelet, seems to get smaller, (the beads are mostly quite large), so be careful not to exchange it for one that will end up being too small. (we bought DD one for her birthday, and at first we thought it would be too big, but after dd added a bunch of beads it turned out to be fine.)

Good morning everyone. Yesterday we had a drizzly rain all day, but today there is sunshine mixed with the clouds. It's not as cold as it was, which is nice, too.

John fixed us a brunch of scrambled eggs and fresh cinnamon rolls yesterday after our gift exchange. Our big present is tickets to see the Odessy preformance, which will be spectacular, I know.

Merry Christmas housemates

We had a wonderful day with family and I'm still stuffed from all the food!

Santa was good to us and brought us iPads!!!! :). I guess we were all on the nice list this year. I'm still in amazement and am going to see if I can sync it up to my work software, but I think I will have to access it remotely instead since my software needs windows to run :shrug. We shall see, either way it WILL work, now just to figure out the puzzle ;)

My cousin is flying in tomorrow from Florida so we will get to hang out with her and some more family that we haven't yet seen before we leave on Tuesday. Also on the menu for tomorrow is some shopping ;). And I want a hot dog (the best ever) before I leave and they're closed on Tuesday's so will have to fit it in tomorrow somewhere :think

Have a wonderful time with all the family being together. And enjoy figuring out the new iPad. Have a hot dog for me, please. They sound fabulous! :D

This morning, we are heading out to take advantage of some after holiday sales- I got a gift card from Macy's and i could really use a new pair of slippers! Also heading to Pandora to exchange the bracelet for one that fits!

Marisa- Looks like "Santa" was good to you guys!!! Wow!!!---an iPad for each of you!!! That's awesome! I'm sure you are going to love having it!!! Enjoy your shopping today!

I started a hat last evening for my step GS and will finish that up today too and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Going to go have some high test and then get ready for our shopping excursion-

Oh, Joanne, what a fun time.

Morning, peeps!

Marisa, YAY for the iPad!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:yay

Happy shopping!

DS loved what we gave him...and he seems to be more observant than we thought: he remembered we play Scrabble alot...and bought us a Vintage Scrabble game! It's in a wood box, has a drawer...it's on a a turntable and all the non-wood pieces are made with metal. It's absolutely amazing!

And hubby got me a beautiful bright red bag that looks like this one - though it's not the same brand, and is smooth leather. I know have a bag that is helping me pare down from the heavy bag I've always carried. I love it!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dooney-bourke-dillen-ii-letter-carrier-crossbody-bag/3166731?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=dooney_&_bourke_'dillen_ii_letter_carrier'_crossbody_bag:350037&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ven=bizrate&mr:referralID=047da28e-2fc5-11e1-8078-001b2166c62d

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Oooo! The bag looks great! Enjoy!

Good morning. We haven't opened gifts yet so I have nothing to report. (dd's work schedules, ds living a long ways away, and the fact that today is oldest grandsons birthday.) We'll be opening them on Thursday. I don't expect much from dh. After all I just got a Kindle Fire and that cool reversible ring.

Have a wonderful time with the family!

I'm on the last round of the RR. Boy, do the last several rounds ever take a long time. But the end is in sight. And it looks great! I just hope he likes it.

My headache is better and no nausea yesterday at all. :clap

Have a great day to you all. :manyheart

It sounds like a lot of you had a great Christmas. Mine was pretty cool, too. All of my children were here, and we had a nice relaxing day. The kids pooled their resources and gave me a Nook tablet, which is fantastic since I don't have a cell phone or an mp3 player or a tablet. DD's roommate works at B&N and got them a great discount.

Here is a pic of my DIL wearing her ponytail hat and keyhole scarf that I knitted for her. She loves it!

post-51264-135897721376_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies :hi

Just checking in. We went shopping today and I got a set of pj's at old navy for $5. My sister picked up a few things as well and my mom got a new housecoat. I had my hot dogs for breakfast, which were very yummy. I was only getting one and when I got there my mouth asked for two!!! :eek:lol So yep Linda, you enjoyed yours very much :wink

Now waiting for family to get in. My dad is on the way back from the airport as we speak :yes So I'm going to plop on the couch until they arrive :think

It sounds like a lot of you had a great Christmas. Mine was pretty cool, too. All of my children were here, and we had a nice relaxing day. The kids pooled their resources and gave me a Nook tablet, which is fantastic since I don't have a cell phone or an mp3 player or a tablet. DD's roommate works at B&N and got them a great discount.

Here is a pic of my DIL wearing her ponytail hat and keyhole scarf that I knitted for her. She loves it!

Love the picture! Sounds like a great Christmas up your way!

Hi ladies :hi

Just checking in. We went shopping today and I got a set of pj's at old navy for $5. My sister picked up a few things as well and my mom got a new housecoat. I had my hot dogs for breakfast, which were very yummy. I was only getting one and when I got there my mouth asked for two!!! :eek:lol So yep Linda, you enjoyed yours very much :wink

Now waiting for family to get in. My dad is on the way back from the airport as we speak :yes So I'm going to plop on the couch until they arrive :think

Oh, goody! :yay

It's getting colder as the day progresses. Brrrrr! :lol

Archived