Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning, peeps.:)

Winter has arrived in NJ!:D

Good morning everyone--hope you all have great day!!! I'm hoping to leave work a little early today- my middle DD has an artist reception at the art gallery at her school. I'm very excited to see her work displayed 'in public'
I hope you get to see it in person and not from a cell phone pic!

I now have the initials outlined on the baby ghan and an embroidery stitch I looked up that should work perfectly with the letters! I should get to it today. Maybe :lol

Have a good day everyone...:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. It's sunny! :sun Hooray! :yay :yay :yay It's also cold! It's in the mid 30's. :wbrr And, of course, today is the day of John's Christmas party, so will have to get Kim out in the chill. We've picked out an outfit that should keep her warm going to and from and while there. Now I have to figure out what I'm wearing. I've got a couple of things out to try. I'm planning to wearing the Celtic knot shawl that I made for me which is in jewel tones and should look very festive. Might even let John take a picture of me in it. We'll see.

Look at me - I made a hat! It is very rare for me to wear a hat and even more rare for me to let someone take my picture.

Phyllis, it's adorable! :yay Love the edge on it. You look fabulous! :yay

...and I had to remind myself something about the baby graph ghan: not to post a pic of it on FB! The giftee is on there...and I am putting the baby's initials on the ghan;)

That would be a goof if she put two and two together and figured out that it was for her.

Good morning everyone--hope you all have great day!!! I'm hoping to leave work a little early today- my middle DD has an artist reception at the art gallery at her school. I'm very excited to see her work displayed 'in public'

Oh! That is exciting! Give her an extra hug from all of us. :hug

Yesterday I started the RR that John requested and spent basically every free minute crocheting. Made it to the half way point on rounds, which is maybe a fourth of the crocheting. He (gently) reminded me that I have other things that need to be done before that needs to be finished. {Like like cleaning the cupboards in the kitchen and finishing all the cleaning and putting away downstairs before family come to visit in a week and a half.} Sigh! :sigh I'll be getting one of the couches while son and family are here. That way I'm handy he has a problem and needs help with Kim and they all get a seperate bed to sleep in. :sigh Oh, well, it's just for about 5 days. Didn't mean to complain, but I guess I needed to vent a little.

On to better things. Mom is getting clearer and easier to understand and making slow, but good progress at recovering from surgery. :yay

Talk to you all later. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

A late start for me. I tried to sleep in, but lady luck was not on my side and I was up early. But, since I didn't want to move, I stayed in bedding reading a while before I got up and moving :lol I have some things to do and need to leave here early for the Steeler's game and possibly even earlier if the guy who hosts our tailgate needs some help :think We shall see :shrug

Julie - I surely am busy and I do love being out and about :wink

Phyllis - Love the hat and it's a great pic :yes

Judy - DO NOT POST THE PIC ON FB!!!!!!! Just helping :lol

Joanne - Awesome :clap:yay I hope you get out early today. Send out congrats and hugs of accomplishments to DD :hug

Linda - :yay for getting so far on John's RR already. Sorry he brought you out of the crochet world and back to reality :devil You can always vent here.....I feel your pain. :hug :hug :hug Glad to hear that your mom is progressing after surgery :clap

Gee, I posted Monday morning on my way to the dentist and it's Thursday afternoon already! :eek:lol It's been a crazy week, but I hope to be home for a few days now. DD's hubby's brother had major back surgery Monday - his wife has a flu bug as does his Mom. They have two little girls (1 and 4), so DD has been taking care of them and I've been helping with them and Luke. :whew

We have had AT&T scheduled for tomorrow to install uverse. (Yay!) DH and I have to move some very heavy furniture this evening...so they have access to everything. Enough about me!

Phyllis ~ I love your hat! :clap Beautiful work and a beautiful model, too!

Dusti ~ :hug for all you and your family are dealing with. I hope you are able to resolve the teacher issues very soon. Just because she's been there for a long time, doesn't mean she should be there now!

Linda ~ Well, I would be venting, too if I got kicked out of my bedroom! It would never work in this house...the den is wide open to the kitchen and breakfast room. :think I hope you have a wonderful time at the party! :yes

Judy ~ I've decided to get DH the Nook tablet for Christmas! Now, just to find time to go get one. :lol How are Lucy and Sparkie? I can't wait to see your graph ghan!

Julie ~ I hope you are feeling okay. :hug When Luke was born, you gave me such great advice...and I think about it still! You said "just keep talking and singing to him" and I have. You also said you'd even "sing Christmas songs in July" and I have, too. :lol (Of course, no one but him can ever hear me sing. ;)) I'm so glad you have Cam so close...he sounds so very special!

I know I'm missing so many of you - but I really have to get a little caught up here. I don't know how long the uverse installation will take, but I will be back sometime tomorrow. Have a good evening! :manyheart

Judy - DO NOT POST THE PIC ON FB!!!!!!! Just helping :lol

:ty:angel

Gee, I posted Monday morning on my way to the dentist and it's Thursday afternoon already! :eek:lol It's been a crazy week, but I hope to be home for a few days now. DD's hubby's brother had major back surgery Monday - his wife has a flu bug as does his Mom. They have two little girls (1 and 4), so DD has been taking care of them and I've been helping with them and Luke. :whew

It never rains but it pours!:eek

We have had AT&T scheduled for tomorrow to install uverse. (Yay!) DH and I have to move some very heavy furniture this evening...so they have access to everything. Enough about me!Do you remember when life used to be simple?

Judy ~ I've decided to get DH the Nook tablet for Christmas! Now, just to find time to go get one. :lol How are Lucy and Sparkie? I can't wait to see your graph ghan!

Chunky Monkey (aka Lucy) had to see the vet today: *ahem* anal glands had to be cleaned out...and she had the beginnings of an ear infection.

She weighs 83 pounds:2eek:faint

The monogram is finished on the graph blanket. I dug out an embroidery stitch book and found a wonderful guide for the chain stitch. I used sewing thread to make the letters in a running stitch and once I had that for a guide it was fast, perfect and not bulky - I used yarn. Once I wash it and it lays better I'll post a pic here.

'nite all!:hug

Hello everyone. Back form our little get-away to Shipshewana. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. I bought myself a really neat ring, (looks just like the ones here), except I didn't pay anywhere near that much for it. The one I got is a blue sapphire that reverses to a diamond. I hadn't ever seen anything like it before.

I also got a really neat expandable casserole trivet. It works similar to this one, but is heavier looking and is black metal.

And I did manage to do a little Christmas shopping as well.

I knit a dishcloth in the car on the way there, and started a scarf on the way back.

Phyllis, your hat is great!

Linda, I'd vent if I had to give up my bed too.

Hi all,

The art reception was wonderful! I did get out of work early- but it took me an hour to get there with traffic and then find parking. But it was so worth it. I was honestly amazed at her talent! When I said that to her, she said "that's what you are supposed to say, you're my Mom". I told her in no uncertain terms, that I truly was in awe and not just saying it. She has really grown as an artist! There were quite a lot of people that showed up for the art reception and I am just so proud of her!:manyheart

Linda- Vent away, my friend!! I would too, if I had to give up my bed! What's the difference if you are in your bed? His reasoning seems off- that if he needs help with Kim- the way I see it- what if he needs help with Kim now? Sorry- didn't mean to add fuel to the fire. It is what it is, right? WTG on the RR--and seriously- he's the one that wants you to make it-he should let you crochet away!!:hug

Mary- I've been singing to Ryan- he loves it and it calms him down if he upset. Of course, HE is the only one that I sing to - because he doesn't care that I can't carry a tune!:lol

Judy- Can't wait to see the graph'ghan- I know it is going to be stunning!!!

My oldest is coming down here next weekend:clap She took off Friday so will get here in the afternoon (guess I will need to leave work early then too;))

She'll go home Sunday- since she has to work Monday- Like she said- time off around the holidays is cutthroat ( it is at my job too:lol)

Marisa - Hope you are having a blast at the Steelers game and had fun at the tailgate before!!!!

Cindy- I love that ring--I've never seen anything like that before- it's really cool!!!! I have a couple of expandable trivets like you got and I love them!!!! Glad to hear that you had a good time!!!

Hi guys

Last check in before bedtime .

Jude

Sounds like you are ready to wrap up another afghan .It's so amazing,the speed you use to crank them out .

Glad your pup got all his issues dealt with .I'm not exactly sure what he had done with part of it,but let's say I have a general idea. Good thing I'm not a pet owner, I'd pity the poor pet . I know I'd have no clue of what to look for and if certain things were right or wrong .

Linda

I hope you have fun at your party . Not to add fuel to the fire either, but you must have the patience of a saint. I'm way too much of a smartmouth,so if my boss tossed out a last minute request for an afghan,then told me to put it down to get all the cleaning done ,I'd probably say some bad words not fit for tender ears,and would probably be without a job. That would have ticked me off royally.

And you definitely have a right to vent . I'd not only vent, I'd blow a gasket .

Marisa

Wow, the Steelers game should be fun -- is that when they play Cleveland or was that last week ? I know Cleveland won't stand a snowball's chance,but that is playing ANY team. I doubt they could beat our high school team.

Hi there Miss Mary

Boy ,you sure have a busy life ! Always things to do . I'm glad you liked my advice with Luke.Nothing to it being a good grandma. It's so easy . They are just so much fun when they are little like that. And IF you sing as bad as I do,which I highly doubt anyone would have the voice I do,enjoy the days when Luke is a Captive Audience.

Now, Cam tells me ,MAM,DON'T SING . I do anyhow, just to get a rise out of him . :D

He's still a lot of fun,but a different type of fun now . He's getting to the age where he is sometimes a tad bit challenging, if he is in one of his moods,but that will pass. I love teenagers,so it'll be another fun age. Right now seems to be the most challenging,but he is still more fun than a barrel of monkeys and ALWAYS makes me laugh .He has the Smart mouth responses to things just like me, but I find him quite amusing .Not sure others would think so. In my eyes, he can do no wrong,though .:)

Cindy

Your new ring certainly sounds beautiful,and I've never heard of them either,with the flippable changes so you have 2 rings. Very neat idea !

Joanne

I bet you are so very proud of your girl.So glad she is having so much success .Who did she get the talent from ,are you artisitc too ? I can't draw a straight line .

Well,I think I answered everyone,so off I go --will check in another time .

Good evening. Just got back from the Christmas party. Music was way too LOUD and food not too terribly good. I'm going to get a sandwich here before bed and John's going to eat here too. He sampled it and didn't care for it. Kim completely refused it after the first bite or two. Lots of friends there, some that he and Kim hadn't seen in a long time and many that I hadn't yet met.

:ty:angel

Chunky Monkey (aka Lucy) had to see the vet today: *ahem* anal glands had to be cleaned out...and she had the beginnings of an ear infection.

She weighs 83 pounds:2eek:faint

Eeyew!!!!

The monogram is finished on the graph blanket. I dug out an embroidery stitch book and found a wonderful guide for the chain stitch. I used sewing thread to make the letters in a running stitch and once I had that for a guide it was fast, perfect and not bulky - I used yarn. Once I wash it and it lays better I'll post a pic here.

'nite all!:hug

Can't wait to see it.

Hello everyone. Back form our little get-away to Shipshewana. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. I bought myself a really neat ring, (looks just like the ones here), except I didn't pay anywhere near that much for it. The one I got is a blue sapphire that reverses to a diamond. I hadn't ever seen anything like it before.

I also got a really neat expandable casserole trivet. It works similar to this one, but is heavier looking and is black metal.

And I did manage to do a little Christmas shopping as well.

Those both look way cool.

I knit a dishcloth in the car on the way there, and started a scarf on the way back.

Phyllis, your hat is great!

Linda, I'd vent if I had to give up my bed too.

The latest is that they may not even come now. Jonathan is sick with the flu. (None of them got their flu shots, so the probability is high that he'll pass it on to the rest of the family.) And we certainly don't need Kim exposed to that! John informed him that when we move to Texas they will ALL get flu shots! :lol She's too fragile to mess with that stuff.

Good morning!!! Rise and Shine!!! It's Friday!!!!!! 8 hours of Paradise and then the real "Paradise' begins!!!!

Linda- Sorry to hear that they may not get to come...flip side- you keep your bed!!!

Marisa- It must have been fun at the game- especially since the Steelers won!!! It's always fun to be at a game where the team you are rooting for wins!!!

Julie- I'll bet we would be neck and neck with a sing off--I can't sing either--but isn't it wonderful that babies don't care?

Have a wonderful day, one and all!!

Good morning! More sunshine and chilly temps here today. Lou and Sue arrive this afternoon for the trimming of the tree this weekend. Hope everyone has a good day today and a wonderful weekend. :manyheart

'morning!:)

Cold and frosty here:D

Wonderful finds!:clap:clap

Jude

Sounds like you are ready to wrap up another afghan .It's so amazing,the speed you use to crank them out . Not that fast this time...and it is baby size. The borders are sooooo boring!:lol

Glad your pup got all his issues dealt with .I'm not exactly sure what he had done with part of it,but let's say I have a general idea. Good thing I'm not a pet owner, I'd pity the poor pet . I know I'd have no clue of what to look for and if certain things were right or wrong .

Well, Lucy is still licking her hind end...not sure why that is...need to call the vet later if this continues.

Good evening. Just got back from the Christmas party. Music was way too LOUD and food not too terribly good. I'm going to get a sandwich here before bed and John's going to eat here too. He sampled it and didn't care for it. Kim completely refused it after the first bite or two. Lots of friends there, some that he and Kim hadn't seen in a long time and many that I hadn't yet met.The loud music is a real issue with me.....and the food didn't even redeem the evening! UGH!

The latest is that they may not even come now. Jonathan is sick with the flu. (None of them got their flu shots, so the probability is high that he'll pass it on to the rest of the family.) And we certainly don't need Kim exposed to that! John informed him that when we move to Texas they will ALL get flu shots! :lol She's too fragile to mess with that stuff.

Hmmm....looks like our positive vibes may have you staying in your own bed after all:lol

Joanne, I'm so glad you saw the art show!!

Off I go!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

We had a blast last night and like Joanne said, the Steelers won :clap:yay Tonight we have a holiday party at the neighbors and my sister wants to get to the mall this afternoon so I'll probably join her :yes

Mary - You've sure been busy there young lady, so nice of you to help with the kids. How is SIL's bro doing after his surgery?

Cindy - Awesome ring :manyheart I haven't seen any like that either.

Judy - Poor Lucy :hug :hug

Joanne - Great to hear DD's art was a success and that's always my reply to my parents too :lol

Julie - Yes! We played Cleveland last night and the Steelers won 14-3 :clap:yay Although, it really wasn't a very GOOD game though :shrug

Linda - Glad the xmas party went well. :hug I hope you know for sure if the company's coming soon, so you could just crochet and not have to worry about all the cleaning if they're not :devil

Hello everyone, Quick check in. I've been out all day so far: ran errands, got groceries, finished pretty much all the Christmas shopping and went out to lunch. Now to do a little housework and laundry. We're going out with friends tonight and have Dh's family Christmas party tomorrow. I'm in charge of the Christmas party, which is held at a rented hall. I do not know what will be available to us there, so I'm planning to bring my own coffee pot, and so forth, just to be sure we have everything we need. I'm planing to pack all that stuff up tonight since the party starts at 10 AM. (Its best for my in-laws to do these things during the day.)

Hello everyone, Quick check in. I've been out all day so far: ran errands, got groceries, finished pretty much all the Christmas shopping and went out to lunch. Now to do a little housework and laundry. We're going out with friends tonight and have Dh's family Christmas party tomorrow. I'm in charge of the Christmas party, which is held at a rented hall. I do not know what will be available to us there, so I'm planning to bring my own coffee pot, and so forth, just to be sure we have everything we need. I'm planing to pack all that stuff up tonight since the party starts at 10 AM. (Its best for my in-laws to do these things during the day.)

Wow...BUSY LADY!

Take care of yourself in between everything:hug:manyheart:hug

Here's the graph ghan

It measures 38 by 32 inches

And the baby's first and middle name, reflected int he initials: Gianna Grace. She's due in Feb

PS: the dark color is purple

post-8552-135897717046_thumb.jpg

Hello. Quick pop in to say hello while i'm up.

Linda~The US went well, all is good & he is still a very active baby.

Julie-O~Hiya! I think of you often as well & I hope you are doing well. :hug:manyheart

This pregnancy has been very uncomfortable to say the least, so I will not being doing this again. I fainted in the beginning, my acid reflux is magnified by 100 so even my nexium doesn't always touch it, i'm anemic & have to be on 2 iron pills on top of my prenatal vitamins, & as of yesterday I have to be on an inhaler because I cannot breathe to the extent of almost blacking out. AND that's all on top of being fat & uncomfortable. :lol I truly think this baby is trying to kill me. :devil:yes

Judy~Gorgeous ghan! :manyheart

I hope all of you are doing well. Will pop in again soon. I am trying to make Elijah a ghan as often as I can crochet (I am so non-motivated & exhausted). :crocheting

Since I never popped in after the US here are the 3D pictures of Elijah Cole. I am also including pics of a couple small blankies I made for him (the colorful one was before I knew he was a boy). Oh, and here is my diploma.

Did I ever share the pictures of Elijah's & Jaden's lil & big bro pillows? My mind doesn't work so I cannot remember. :think

post-5371-135897717061_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897717065_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897717067_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897717071_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897717074_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Wow- Judy- That afghan is beautiful!!!!

Tab- Glad to hear all is going well with Elijah--but sorry he's taking a toll on you--even before he gets here!!! Great pics- and I love the pillows and the blankie and love the diploma! Thanks for sharing all of those pics.

Cindy- Sounds like a busy weekend- have fun tomorrow!

Linda- Enjoy the Christmas trimming weekend!!!!

Marisa- Have a fun weekend- I know you will--especially at the tour of the Victorian houses!!!!

Morning all

Just a quick check in to see what's new .

Tab

Great to hear from you. Thanks for the photos. Those ultrasounds sure do work much better than mine were all those years ago. Mine looked like a fizzy tv screen picture .

Sorry you haven't felt well this whole time .I bet you will be really glad to have this over with and be on the mend ,and a new babe in your arms.

Congrats on the diploma ! I'm so proud of you for finishing . I know it must have been hard .

Jude

Love the babyghan .So very cute. It's strange how the new moms of today use all the different colors than in the past -- you know ,the pastel baby colors that have been poular forever ? Now they all go for darker and plainer type colors, like tans, browns, dark blues, etc ..

Linda -- Joanne ---Marisa --Cindy

Hope you have a fun weekend . Sounds like you all have lots of things planned.

We had Cam here last night,but Steph took him to her work Christmas party last evening. He said he might come back up today,but is invited to a birthday party at lunchtime,so we'll see if he calls either before it or after to come back .

Not much else exciting in our wee little spot on the map ,, hope everyone has a good weekend .

Good morning "House"

I've been up for quite a few hours already getting my usual Saturday cleaning done- laundry is going and I'll be running out to the store shortly. Then on to bake some cookies at DD's MIL's and then later on this afternoon, heading to a Christmas party hosted by one of my co-workers.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

'morning peeps!

Thank you for the compliments on the baby ghan. I asked the mom-to-be's best friend about colors and she said she hadn't a preference...and I figured the pattern was cute enough - and had enpugh white in it - that it would work with whatever she picked.

Since I never popped in after the US here are the 3D pictures of Elijah Cole. I am also including pics of a couple small blankies I made for him (the colorful one was before I knew he was a boy). Oh, and here is my diploma.

Did I ever share the pictures of Elijah's & Jaden's lil & big bro pillows? My mind doesn't work so I cannot remember. :think

Neat pictures!!!! And you idn't post the big brother pillows here.

Jude

Love the babyghan .So very cute. It's strange how the new moms of today use all the different colors than in the past -- you know ,the pastel baby colors that have been poular forever ? Now they all go for darker and plainer type colors, like tans, browns, dark blues, etc ..

Yup - most young moms I know like the non-traditional look....

We had Cam here last night,but Steph took him to her work Christmas party last evening. He said he might come back up today,but is invited to a birthday party at lunchtime,so we'll see if he calls either before it or after to come back .

Not much else exciting in our wee little spot on the map ,, hope everyone has a good weekend .

enjoy your time with Cam...I'm sure he'll be over!

Good morning "House"

I've been up for quite a few hours already getting my usual Saturday cleaning done- laundry is going and I'll be running out to the store shortly. Then on to bake some cookies at DD's MIL's and then later on this afternoon, heading to a Christmas party hosted by one of my co-workers.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

enjoy the party! Don't wear yourself out before then:lol

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

I everyone. Sue and Lou arrived at 12:30 yesterday. I fixed lunch for the four of us. Cleaned the fish tank in the afternoon. While Kim had her shower and a breathing treatment, Lou and Sue napped. More visiting until John got home from work, then we went out to supper. Went to one of our favorite Italian/Greek restaurants. Then came home and decorated the tree. We included my family ornaments on the tree this year. Most of them are handmade and go back many years. One of them is a picture of my daughter at age two sitting on the countertop with her hand in the big bowl of leftover dressing from the Thanksgiving turkey. That was about all she wanted to eat that year. My mother-in-law took the picture and attached it to the center of a wooden apple shape to make the ornament.

Lou and Sue left about 8:30 this morning. I went back to bed and slept into the afternoon. I've gotten very tired this week for some reason. Ran errands this afternoon. With luck that's the end of the shopping for now.

Here's the graph ghan

It measures 38 by 32 inches

And the baby's first and middle name, reflected int he initials: Gianna Grace. She's due in Feb

PS: the dark color is purple

Oh, Judy, that is fabulous! :clap :clap :clap

Hello. Quick pop in to say hello while i'm up.

Linda~The US went well, all is good & he is still a very active baby.

Julie-O~Hiya! I think of you often as well & I hope you are doing well. :hug:manyheart

This pregnancy has been very uncomfortable to say the least, so I will not being doing this again. I fainted in the beginning, my acid reflux is magnified by 100 so even my nexium doesn't always touch it, i'm anemic & have to be on 2 iron pills on top of my prenatal vitamins, & as of yesterday I have to be on an inhaler because I cannot breathe to the extent of almost blacking out. AND that's all on top of being fat & uncomfortable. :lol I truly think this baby is trying to kill me. :devil:yes

Judy~Gorgeous ghan! :manyheart

I hope all of you are doing well. Will pop in again soon. I am trying to make Elijah a ghan as often as I can crochet (I am so non-motivated & exhausted). :crocheting

Poor Tabby. This pregnancy has certainly been a tough one for you. At least you are in the home stretch now. :hug :hug

Great pictures!

Archived